[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Same problem my ryzen system.

If Intel system I will dsdt patch and acpi patch..

But I have no idea with amd chameleon system.

Need patch acpi kext patch or acpi module

If you clear that problem reply again

Check out the "Help Topic Ryzen support" thread, I just posted my Bios settings, the key may be "enabling network stacking". I crashed my build working graphics cards and bios reset. I forgot to enable network stack and got a similar message. After enabled it booted.

This kernel no need flag KernelBooter_kets...

attachicon.gifkernel_rc2_ryzen.zip

Thanks for this Ryzen RC2 kernel which can login desktop by Enoch r.2877, but it got KP by Boot RC2 for FX-6300 hackintosh.

After repeated re-boot with flag: -f it can login desktop as by Enoch r.2877 for FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.4 now.

But it took longer time to login the desktop due to "busy timeout (0) (60S):  AppleACPICPU........" error during booting.

So I expect it can work in Ryzen hackintosh soon later if I get one for testing !

post-70188-0-72348600-1493336665_thumb.png

post-70188-0-02949200-1493336678_thumb.png

Edited by jsl

Good News, RX 480 works on Ryzen Sierra!   With helper card on first test.

RX 480 CU fix works!     Unfortunately the Helper card takes up 8 lanes and cuts down on the performance of RX (8 vs 16) PCI lanes.   My Pentium g3258 RX 480 for comparison.    I'll try it in number one slot, get ready for the black screen after boot.

Thank You Bronya, This is great!    Some minor bugs but its a new platform so time will smooth these things out.    This is Awesome!

post-1753549-0-18050600-1493536526_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-20504400-1493536558_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-22742500-1493537203_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-14237000-1493538253_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-36415400-1493538385_thumb.png

• Like 4

I was able to get Black screen with RX in Slot0, yeah!     I put the Nvidia in slot 1 but it doesn't work.    Slot 0 Nvidia 8400gs 1gb, and Slot 1 RX 480 8gb XFX reference model.   No crashes in Uningine benchmarks, or Geekbench.    Using the VGA port of the Nvidia 8400gs and setting my GUI or screen resolution to 1920x1080 makes the VGA drop out and the RX HDMI take over.    VGA has the Landscape screen and RX has the tool bars.

post-1753549-0-00895300-1493543154_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-78431300-1493543201_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-42390700-1493543239_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-96581800-1493543264_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-44638400-1493543789_thumb.png

• Like 1

Please, everything that has nothing to do with kernel developement belongs into the help topic ! there you can discuss the other topics! I ask for your understanding, since I will remove all messages which have nothing to do with kernel development.

• Like 4

NullCPU isn't needed normally as AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is blacklisted in the kernel. And depending on Bronya's source the kernel has a built in decryptor which is why it's working without FakeSMC ;)

• Like 4

Here's a screnshot of my extensions folder S/L/E, no Nullcpupower or Fakesmckext?     This things running without them placed there, and not too shabby.

look in your E/E folder, there you will find the FakeSMC and Nullpower etc.

• Like 1

look in your E/E folder, there you will find the FakeSMC and Nullpower etc.

Yes, are they loading from the extra folder?    Is the Voodoo 8 core loading as well?   The boot as I mentioned has a lot going on or in and takes close to 2 minutes.    

Here's my IORegistry I don't see FakeSMCclient or NullCPUPower kexts?     

on top , even if u try an older kernel before the decrypter  found its way inside. the latest Enoch 2877 has the FakeSMC /decrypted binaries also included  :wink_anim:

and the embedded Kernel patcher (kernelbooter_kexts) from Enoch  allows u using /Extra/Extensions Folder from Chameleon again so a valid prelinkedkernel  (pseudo kextcache ) isnt necessary to  begin with.

aslong u boot with UseKernelCache=No.. ( nothing new but just to mentioned it again since so many newbies will pop up now ).

i was reading as well for the sierra kernel, bronya embedded this  feature (kernelbooter_kexts)  inside , needs testing and proper documentation somewhere before it gets lost .

fyi for tests  : the boot flag to skip the enoch embedded kernelpatcher SkipKP=Yes ( not sure though if this affects bronyas patch  as well thats why it needs testing )

• Like 2

In kernel included decrypt and automatic nullcpu... ))

Thanks for your Ryzen kernel and boot which can login desktop for 1700X hackintosh at 10.12.4 & 10.11.6 now.

But there are severe bugs found after booting:

1. Timer runs too fast (almost double the normal speed)

2. Poor performance in Cinebench R15 (only 10% of Windows 10 Pro by the same hardware and BIOS settings)

3. Very unstable (frequently crashed & KP by not found correct CPU errors)

I have found at least two errors from sysctl -a shown at ryzen1700X.txt:

1. TSC frequency is incorrect (machdep.tsc.frequency: 1645449696)

2. Kernel Clockrate is incorrect (kern.clockrate: { hz = 100, tick = 10000, tickadj = 2, profhz = 100, stathz = 100 }

The result checked by EtreCheck was shown at 1700X-10.12.4.rtf for your reference.

Is there any other users of Ryzen hackintosh suffered from the similar issues as mine ?

How can I fix it ?

ryzen1700X.txt

post-70188-0-89825300-1494043615_thumb.jpg

1700X-10.12.4.rtf

Edited by jsl
  • Like 2

often happens due to wrong busratio  and as seen in your screenshot u are using the flag even though i cant see the value . most of the time people use wrong busratio value  copied by someone elses tutorial 

Try booting without busratio flag at all to see if you can boot in and see improvements, im almost certain it will work . if it dont heres the place to go to get correct values calculated.

also kext-dev-mode flag is not necassary in El Capt. and Sierra got replaced with SIP (csr-config) , dart=0 u only need if u cant boot with VT-d/-x enabled.

just a couple things i could see in that screeny... the panic caller itself i  havent seen before , sorry

did u try jiggle with fsb=   flag ? regarding the kernelclockrate , clover normaly calculates it at boot not sure how far the improvements found its way inside  enochs branchs, or bronyas kernel. 

i remember back at Chameleon RC5 (1397) fsb was calculated twice ,and screwed things up , inside the Bootloader and in the kernel , back than meklort removed it from his branch, so  maybe this just happend again ...

also did u try VoodooTSCsnycAmd.kext  to  get your tsc in sync  ?

• Like 2

Thanks for your Ryzen kernel and boot which can login desktop for 1700X hackintosh at 10.12.4 & 10.11.6 now.

But there are severe bugs found after booting:

I have found at least two errors from sysctl -a shown at ryzen1700X.txt:

1. TSC frequency is incorrect (machdep.tsc.frequency: 1645449696)

How can I fix it ?

Hi !

Ok ! Thank for info ! 

maybe that i should fix in boot or i should change pseudo code , example i should add aperf and mperf  or super correct pmtimer ...

i try fix boot ... 

• Like 3

Hi !

Ok ! Thank for info ! 

maybe that i should fix in boot or i should change pseudo code , example i should add aperf and mperf  or super correct pmtimer ...

i try fix boot ... 

Hi Bronya,

Are you also able to some how get Pascal 10xx series GPU's to work in the boot as well? nvda_drv=1 no longer works with Sierra. :(

And mods, please don't delete this. Because surely i am NOT the only one with a nvidia 10xx card....

Hi Bronya,

Are you also able to some how get Pascal 10xx series GPU's to work in the boot as well? nvda_drv=1 no longer works with Sierra. :(

And mods, please don't delete this. Because surely i am NOT the only one with a nvidia 10xx card....

This has nothing to do with AMD kernel development. NVIDIA drivers need the necessary NVRAM variable (nvda_drv) set. This is covered in detail in other posts on this forum.

Hi !

I modified in boot . This beta . In archive two files boot ... 

attachicon.gifboot_beta.zip

Thanks for these two new boot files.

May I know what is the major difference between them ?

Because I found one boot got better CineBench R15 scores than the other one after booting.

Please also refer to Post#321 for the details.

Default BIOS setting shows CPU frequency is 3420 M hz which is correctly detected by your Boot file,

but after booting with "dart=0 colors=32 kext-dev-mode=1 -v npci=0x3000 busratio=35 PCIRootUID=1" sysctl showed machdep.tsc.frequency: 352123450.

Only boot without busratio=xx sysctl showed half value of previous machdep.tsc.frequency:1710300079 and it will improve my current issues incompletely:

1. Too fast timer was partially slow down, but it's still too fast

2. Performance by CineBench R15 were higher than before, but they were lower than other's tested values

3. Easy crashed by open app seems disappear

default.txt

Edited by jsl

Thanks for these two new boot files.

May I know what is the major difference between them ?

Because I found there is no detectable difference between them after booting.

Default BIOS setting shows CPU frequency is 3420 M hz which is correctly detected by your Boot file,

but after booting with "dart=0 colors=32 kext-dev-mode=1 -v npci=0x3000 busratio=35 PCIRootUID=1" sysctl showed machdep.tsc.frequency: 352123450.

No fix for my current issues yet !

1. Too fast timer

2. Poor performance

3. Easy crashed by open app

A suggestion... test-try without any busratio=xx boot variable

• Like 1