[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra on ASUS Z170M PLUS / DSDT

MaLd0n

350 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Twa said:

Wow that file made me got Panic X( I have to run to Windows to remove it. 

Yes i use a water cooler with usb connect to mainboard.

I know the wake came from USB device, I have do some test time ago, the only reason is my bluetooth card (its combined in Wifi card plug to MB over PCIE, aslo has a USB connect from this card to MB too) That why you can see  Bluetooth connect over USB in my system log. I have tried disable Wake by Bluetooth device in System Preferences, but no change. Because Bluetooth chipset waked up system itself over usb connect, not by bluetooth devices.

It will be easy if i patch DSDT to shutdown all USB power after sleep (usb_prw_0x6d_xhc remove _PWR patch by RehabMan), system can sleep without wake. But then it only wake by PowerButton. not by any USB/Bluetooth mouse/keyboard anymore.

if u have a problem, just use key O in Clover boot screen, acpi patching, dsdt name and put DSDT02.aml

use my previous DSDT and apply _pwr

have many essentials patches in dsdt, all hacks need it

yes, if u use a prw patch, u kill wake from usb

6 hours ago, MiKM said:

@Twa

Hi.:) You need to create a config file for USBInjectAll kext by Rehabman and set the connector type of usb port that's used by bluetooth to "internal". More details are in Rehabman's guide at the other forum. The guide isn't talking about bluetooth but how to set your port to internal type.

Some people before got sleep issues using a usb powered water pump. That may cause your issues too. You can try setting both ports to internal. If that doesn't help, you need a adaptor to some other power source (for your water pump only). Maybe the 4 pin Molex connector for pre-SATA disks...

I added my USBInjectAll SSDT config. You can use it as a template. But i'm not injecting all USB2/3 ports that are available. There are many left. So you need to add missing ports for your pump and bluetooth from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl by Rehabman. After that, this DSL file needs to be compiled (MaciASL) like the guide says in AML format and move it to your EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

SSDT-UIAC.dsl

Don't need SSDTs, for USB use flag uia_exclude=XXXX

EXAMPLE

Unused Ports, uxcluded with flag
uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS03;HS04;HS05;HS06;HS10;HS11;SSP1;SSP2;SSP6

Used Ports
HS07, HS08, HS09, HS12, HS13, HS14, SSP3, SSP4, SSP5

after it, disable usb port limit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

Don't need SSDTs, for USB use flag uia_exclude=XXXX

For general port injection, you are right. It's easier than SSDT way.
Essentially i was trying to say that Sleep + USB wake + USB BT can work together if he configures the usb port he's using for usb bluetooth to internal type. And, as far as i know, SSDT or info.plist config file is the only way to do this.

// Okay, i added BT and waterpump ports by ioreg of @Twa. Both ports are "internal" now. At least BT Sleep problems can be solved this way. If it still doesn't work, the pump needs to get off the usb port.

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Edited by MiKM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MiKM said:

Essentially i was trying to say that Sleep + USB wake + USB BT can work together if he configures the usb port he's using for usb bluetooth to internal type. And, as far as i know, SSDT or info.plist config file is the only way to do this.

// Okay, i added BT and waterpump ports by ioreg of @Twa. Both ports are "internal" now. At least BT Sleep problems can be solved this way. If it still doesn't work, the pump needs to get off the usb port.

SSDT-UIAC.aml

dont need it

if u use ssdt for it, go to pike ssdt topic

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

full vanilla

example here

https://github.com/cnrd/OSX-USB-SSDT

dont need patch limit port, dont need ssdt uiac, dont need usbinjectall

usbinjectall and ssdt uiac is just a easy way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MiKM said:

SSDT-UIAC.aml

internal = 255 (0xFF) yours is 0x02 its ok ?

First test, yes it worked, Sleep then Wake by USB keyboard is ok now (Wake by Bluetooth mouse didnt work)

Have you a USB type-C adapter to test USB-C port ?

SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

Edited by Twa

8 minutes ago, Twa said:

internal = 255 (0xFF) yours is 0x02 its ok ?

Oh, sorry. You're right. I mixed up "portType" and "UsbConnector".:rolleyes: It should be 0xFF or 255.

@MaLd0n
Yes, thats an alternative way. Didn't tried it yet. But it seems, it doesn't allow to change UsbConnector type value.

SSDT-UIAC.aml

• Like 1

@MaLd0n
You mean info.plist editing? Sorry. I'm just sharing here my personal preference in adding port injections or changing connector type stuff. You can of course instead edit info.plist to change connector type, but after kext update you need to take care not to overwrite this file. It's a little awkward way in my opinion. Thats why i prefer SSDT way.:)

7 minutes ago, MiKM said:

@MaLd0n
You mean info.plist editing? Sorry. I'm just sharing here my personal preference in adding port injections or changing connector type stuff. You can of course instead edit info.plist to change connector type, but after kext update you need to take care not to overwrite this file. It's a little awkward way in my opinion. Thats why i prefer SSDT way.:)

bro, it's just another unnecessary item

the kexts update is only for add new Mac Models, in this case iMac17 don't need update afro.gif

Ok, you totally convinced me to do this.;) I still believe it's not really necessary but why not? Here you have it @Twa: A choice between SSDT and info.plist way of port injection. Choose wisely...:lol:

Info.plist replaces /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/USBInjectAll.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml if you prefer Info.plist way.

Info.plist

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MiKM said:

Ok, you totally convinced me to do this.;) I still believe it's not really necessary but why not? Here you have it @Twa: A choice between SSDT and info.plist way of port injection. Choose wisely...:lol:

Info.plist replaces /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/USBInjectAll.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml if you prefer Info.plist way.

Info.plist

:lol::lol::P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Twa said:

Wake by Bluetooth mouse didnt work

Have you a USB type-C adapter to test USB-C port ?

Sorry, im not experienced in BT hardware in this context. But im planning to buy some PCIe BCM94360CD card from Aliexpress anytime soon for Airdrop etc. I can only tell that people like Rehabman recommended to change BT USB port to internal (cause real macs also do) and by feedback from users that confirmed it to work. I rather put my system to sleep than shutdown/coldstart it every time. Because of that, before buying new hardware, im checking out for any trouble it may cause on sleep/wake etc...;)Google also says a lot of real mac users seem to get problems on 3rd party BT mice as well. Check that options here.

At least for me and my ASUS Z170M-Plus (current DSDT by MaLd0n) sleep/wake works superb. No strange instant wakes or hangs after wake. It just works perfectly reliable:) (Wake on LAN and Power Nap are disabled in energy settings).

USB type C port is not in my SSDT-UIAC or Info.plist. I don't need it, yet. But it should be like any other port to inject: enable port limit patch, insert usb type-C device and check out IORegistryExplorer for SSxx ports being used in XHC device etc.

Edited by MiKM

28 minutes ago, MiKM said:

Sorry, im not experienced in BT hardware in this context. But im planning to buy some PCIe BCM94360CD card from Aliexpress anytime soon for Airdrop etc. I can only tell that people like Rehabman recommended to change BT USB port to internal (cause real macs also do) and by feedback from users that confirmed it to work. I rather put my system to sleep than shutdown/coldstart it every time. Because of that, before buying new hardware, im checking out for any trouble it may cause on sleep/wake etc...;)Google also says a lot of real mac users seem to get problems on 3rd party BT mice as well. Check that options here.

At least for me and my ASUS Z170M-Plus (current DSDT by MaLd0n) sleep/wake works superb. No strange instant wakes or hangs after wake. It just works perfectly reliable:) (Wake on LAN and Power Nap are disabled in energy settings).

USB type C port is not in my SSDT-UIAC or Info.plist. I don't need it, yet. But it should be like any other port to inject: enable port limit patch, insert usb type-C device and check out IORegistryExplorer for SSxx ports being used in XHC device etc.

I have a magic mouse 2, I can confirm Airdrop, handoff, BT/Wifi connect all well, only cannt wake system with BT, you can check out model BCM94360CS2 / BCM943602CS too

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey MaLd0n, i have an Asus GT51CA with Skylake..  Mainboard is OEM-mainboard but very smiliar with an Asus z170i Pro Gaming. And i think it’s an Asus z170i Pro Gaming.. Can i use your Clover folder on my PC ? or i shouldn‘t use because it‘s for Asus z170m plus

thanks so much

5 hours ago, DrEby said:

Hey MaLd0n, i have an Asus GT51CA with Skylake..  Mainboard is OEM-mainboard but very smiliar with an Asus z170i Pro Gaming. And i think it’s an Asus z170i Pro Gaming.. Can i use your Clover folder on my PC ? or i shouldn‘t use because it‘s for Asus z170m plus

thanks so much

clover folder yes, dsdt no

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, shegeloaf said:

Hi MALdon. Thanks for the app in the OP. I have created the send me files. I want to get all things working. are you able to help with the dsdt?

MB: ASUS Z170i Pro gaming Motherboard

CPU: intel i7-6700K

GPU: intel HD530

Send me Samuels-iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

sleep dont work with hd530