[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra on ASUS Z170M PLUS / DSDT

MaLd0n

350 posts in this topic

Thanks for the update! I see, u removed GFX1 device back to original PEGP. Did that too on your previous DSDT.
But what catched my eyes: IMEI device driver doesn't start up. Most probably because you removed device-id and compatible property of IMEI device.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! I see, u removed GFX1 device back to original PEGP. Did that too on your previous DSDT.

But what catched my eyes: IMEI device driver doesn't start up. Most probably because you removed device-id and compatible property of IMEI device.

Load only if u use/enable IntelHdGraphics ;)

Yes, you're right. IMEI is working again after enabling IGPU. :yes:

BUT another very interesting sidenote: IGPU doesn't hang anymore after wake from sleep! :drool: I only tried by enabling multi monitor mode in Asus EFI Setup (no primary display test, yet). I did this before to get hardware acceleration via HD530. But as soon i let my system sleep, video playback didn't work anymore. But thats gone now! I don't know if its your DSDT or recent IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but changelog doesn't say so...
I will try using my monitor on IGPU als primary display later, when i get time.
Tried 3 sleep/wake cyles now and HD530 is still alive. Amazing! :thumbsup_anim:

btw: I renamed by Clover GFX0 -> IGPU and PEGP -> GFX0.

• Like 1

Yes, you're right. IMEI is working again after enabling IGPU. :yes:

BUT another very interesting sidenote: IGPU doesn't hang anymore after wake from sleep! :drool: I only tried by enabling multi monitor mode in Asus EFI Setup (no primary display test, yet). I did this before to get hardware acceleration via HD530. But as soon i let my system sleep, video playback didn't work anymore. But thats gone now! I don't know if its your DSDT or recent IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but changelog doesn't say so...

I will try using my monitor on IGPU als primary display later, when i get time.

Tried 3 sleep/wake cyles now and HD530 is still alive. Amazing! :thumbsup_anim:

btw: I renamed by Clover GFX0 -> IGPU and PEGP -> GFX0.

use HDAS to HDEF and HECI to IMEI too, some OEM SSDTs have references to these devices. ;)

Enjoy

Yes, but there are no other references to HDAS or HECI in ssdt files here. I did check that by grepping in CLOVER/ACPI/origin. I also did Clover rename patch SAT0 -> SATA because it's in DSDT and SSDT-0. :)

Ok, tried out primary display to internal graphics but it didn't wake after sleep, like i expected. But thats okay. There seems further patching needed at SKLGraphicsFramebuffer kext for sleep/wake to work on skylake platform...
All i wanted is video hardware acceleration by hd530 connectorless and it to survive waking after sleep. It's still working perfectly even after many hours of sleep.
:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Hi for all

I install Hackintash H S and work Sound network and graphic cards very well .But now when i login into Hackintash my login name and password is missing.I try to meany times type login name and password do not login in to Hackintash.

• Like 1

Hi for all

I install Hackintash H S and work Sound network and graphic cards very well .But now when i login into Hackintash my login name and password is missing.I try to meany times type login name and password do not login in to Hackintash.

Check extra kexts in folder, e.g: if u use a Nvidia Gpu, use only NvidiaFix kext, if u use AMD Gpu, use only WhateverGreen kext

Ok. It's hard to say what happened without any further infos. ;)

Cleanest way is to create a new user account and copy over your files from the current one. Or backup your data (if there are any) and reinstall macos. Don't forget to format your macos partition in setup process.

If you don't want to reinstall macos:
At Clover screen select your macos system and press space bar. Then select Single User Mode (-s). Boot it.
I don't know if there are any important files left in your current user folder. You can try to acces them and copy to a safe place. Folder is /Users/[yourmissinguserfolder]/. You probably need to change permissions by su [yourmissingusername] before to see them. After su-session type exit and follow this guide to recreate the old or create a new user account.
Finally type reboot or sudo reboot. That's it. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have you test DSDT with Sleep/Wake function ? My Hack keeps instant wake after sleep caused by Bluetooth USB, Can you make a version disable all USB when sleep ? ty

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Twa said:

Have you test DSDT with Sleep/Wake function ? My Hack keeps instant wake after sleep caused by Bluetooth USB, Can you make a version disable all USB when sleep ? ty

send me files

RunMe.app.zip

11 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

run in terminal, paste result here

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Dangs-Mac-Pro:~ Pein$ log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
2018-03-14 04:56:26.950638+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-14 04:56:26.950639+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-14 04:56:35.065648+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-14 04:56:41.838254+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Edited by Twa

4 minutes ago, Twa said:

Dangs-Mac-Pro:~ Pein$ log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
2018-03-14 04:56:26.950638+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-14 04:56:26.950639+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC
2018-03-14 04:56:35.065648+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-03-14 04:56:41.838254+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

DSDT.aml.zip

REPLACE IN CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

u have a water cooler with usb cable?

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

REPLACE IN CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED

u have a water cooler with usb cable?

Wow that file made me got Panic X( I have to run to Windows to remove it. 

Yes i use a water cooler with usb connect to mainboard.

I know the wake came from USB device, I have do some test time ago, the only reason is my bluetooth card (its combined in Wifi card plug to MB over PCIE, aslo has a USB connect from this card to MB too) That why you can see  Bluetooth connect over USB in my system log. I have tried disable Wake by Bluetooth device in System Preferences, but no change. Because Bluetooth chipset waked up system itself over usb connect, not by bluetooth devices.

It will be easy if i patch DSDT to shutdown all USB power after sleep (usb_prw_0x6d_xhc remove _PWR patch by RehabMan), system can sleep without wake. But then it only wake by PowerButton. not by any USB/Bluetooth mouse/keyboard anymore.

Edited by Twa

@Twa

Hi.:) You need to create a config file for USBInjectAll kext by Rehabman and set the connector type of usb port that's used by bluetooth to "internal". More details are in Rehabman's guide at the other forum. The guide isn't talking about bluetooth but how to set your port to internal type.

Some people before got sleep issues using a usb powered water pump. That may cause your issues too. You can try setting both ports to internal. If that doesn't help, you need a adaptor to some other power source (for your water pump only). Maybe the 4 pin Molex connector for pre-SATA disks...

I added my USBInjectAll SSDT config. You can use it as a template. But i'm not injecting all USB2/3 ports that are available. There are many left. So you need to add missing ports for your pump and bluetooth from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl by Rehabman. After that, this DSL file needs to be compiled (MaciASL) like the guide says in AML format and move it to your EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

SSDT-UIAC.dsl

Edited by MiKM
added USBInjectAll SSDT
  • Like 1