[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

@barrrrt - yes the AppleBacklightInjector i included is the same thing. well it was based on the original - before Rehabman re-packaged this method it up.

anyway, i just wrote a script wrapper to create the Injector for Lenovo to match the actual Panel ID in the kext vs provide a generic ID. So its ok to have more than 1 profile. i have a T420 and T460 so same kext works on both... And for you the T460 option is the same as T560. in effect it uses the profile to create a nice brightness curve from 0 to 1000.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

FirstI would like to say thanks for this nice guide. I've been trying to build my Lenovo T460s into a hackintosh for some time now and this guide got me the furthest. Using the guide I am able to get into the installer, but I have to boot with -no_compat_check otherwise I immediatly get a restart. Using this flag I successfully get into the installer but when I need to select my HDD it says that OSX is already installed. No matter what I do, erase disk, check with new disks etc it won't let me select a disk. I searched the internet for this information but can't find a lot about how to fix this. Has anyone here encountered this before or now how to fix it? 

*edit* without the -no_compat_check flag I get a This version of Mac OS X is not supported in this platform

@HarveyDX - strange you are having such problems. there are about 30 followers on this thread now and they seem to be having success following the guide very closely.. 

anyway, are you using the clover zip included here? you should be able to create the installer using the method outlined - just have to inject a bogus graphics ID to get around SkyLake KP.

what version of macOS are trying to install?

Hey tluck,

That is exactly what I thought. I am using everything included in this thread. The version of macOS is 10.12. I don't know which version exactly though. I used one that was already downloaded on the mac I was using. Do you think I should download the latest? I will be trying again today

Hey tluck,

That is exactly what I thought. I am using everything included in this thread. The version of macOS is 10.12. I don't know which version exactly though. I used one that was already downloaded on the mac I was using. Do you think I should download the latest? I will be trying again today

If you still have access to the Mac, do:

Be on the "desktop" screen of the Mac, and I make sure to physically click anywhere on the dektop. This is to ensure you're not still inside of another app. Click the icon in the top left corner of your screen (it's the Apple symbol). From there, you can click 'About this Mac'. You'll now see a window in the middle of your screen with information about the Mac you're using. It should say which version number and by name.

This way you've got a little information to go on.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hey Powersurge,

I can still get to the mac, but unfortunately it's not mine. I do know that it's running the latest El Capitan. I told my friend a couple of time to update it but she's to lazy to do it. 

Hi @tluck,

I got a  new problem about my wireless network card DW1803(BCM94360).  Do you any suggestion?

When wake up from sleeping (some minutes), the wireless network card work very bad, lost packets and ping local network gateway is more than  100ms, sometimes 1000ms.

But When I sleep again and wake up immediately, the wireless network card very well, no lost packet and ping is almost 1-2 ms.

I don't put any patch about Wireless on my config.plist, but the kexts/Other is same with your kexts/Other.

I generate the DSDT for myself.

Best Regards

Hey Powersurge,

I can still get to the mac, but unfortunately it's not mine. I do know that it's running the latest El Capitan. I told my friend a couple of time to update it but she's to lazy to do it.

Hey just to understand, is it So Capitan or Sierra? The post before thisnyou said macOS 10.12.xx, which is Sierra. But then this post you said El Capitan.

Just trying to make sure we're all thinking the same OS here to walk through the steps correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

@HarveyDX 

One can create a Sierra (10.12.x) installer on El Capitan.

i presume you did this recently so Sierra is 10.12.4 or 10.12.3

And i presume you made it like this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

if so then mount the ESP of the USB.

copy the zip EFI contents as is onto the USB ESP. 

then edit the config.plist to make these 2 changes:

in the Graphics Section - change Inject Intel False to Inject Intel True

in the Devices section - change IntelGFX 0x0000 to 0x12345678

save this config.plist  and boot up the installer. 

Hey all thanks for the replies. 

Indeed to be clear. I am using a friends iMac which has El Capitan currently installed on it. I do not know the exact version of Sierra that is downloaded. When I created the installer I wanted to update to the latest but had to login the store. I thought using the one already downloaded would suffice. 

As to tlucks steps, I created the installer like you specified, copied the zip files but did not edit the config.plist file. I changed these at boot time by going into Options > Graphics injector. There I changed the settings as specified. 

Tomorrow I will download the newest Sierra app and create a new installer ensuring I am doing every step correctly as specified in the first post of this thread. I will let you all know how it went. Many thanks in advance for helping me. 

@HarveyDX

I also have a T460s and I had a lots of problems with the installer myself. Probably your problem is different than mine but try using a different USB stick. Mine was defective and after a used a new one and follow step by step all the instructions the installer worked flawlessly.

@superbboy

I have a similar issue, though mine doesn't get any better after successive wake-sleep cycles. Basically wifi becomes unusable after sleep, extremely slow transfer rates, which is really annoying... After rebooting everything is fine.

Have you tried disabling wake for WIFI access in Energy Saver preferences? Some people with a similar issue have found that helps. In my case that didn't change a thing :-( Any ideas?

Hi @tluck,

I got a  new problem about my wireless network card DW1803(BCM94360).  Do you any suggestion?

When wake up from sleeping (some minutes), the wireless network card work very bad, lost packets and ping local network gateway is more than  100ms, sometimes 1000ms.

But When I sleep again and wake up immediately, the wireless network card very well, no lost packet and ping is almost 1-2 ms.

I don't put any patch about Wireless on my config.plist, but the kexts/Other is same with your kexts/Other.

I generate the DSDT for myself.

are you using the sleepwatcher scripts? I had issues with WiFI and sleep. so the solution was to turn wifi off before sleep and turn it on after wake. the sleepwatcher scripts automate this.

also, i did not have issues with wifi barely working. i had issues with USB wake up and BT being dead. Since the WiFi and BT are the same chip... the kext was trying to (re)load the firmware before the chip was awake. So why i tweaked the timing on the BrcmPatchRAM2 kext to slow it down it a little bit. then BT can wake up. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, I finally got Sierra 10.12.4 to run (without the wireless card for now).

Anyway I'm having 2 main problems:

bigger one - system always reboots instead of shutdown, even with no usb devices connected and the clover option FixShutdown set on true. This began to happen after a while, but I didn't change any configuration before it started happening, so perhaps I messed with system prefs?

smaller one - 3 finger swipe not working properly: swipe on the right increases zoom in safari, on the right does nothing; swipe up goes directory up, swipe down does nothing. I changed the trackpad prefs as showed by @tluck but nothing changed. 

btw thanks for this great guide - other than for the above, it's working smoothly :)

@tluck

Thanks again for your input. I've checked and my wifi works perfectly if I turn it off before sleep. I thought I had installed your scripts as described on step 4a of the Post Install guide but I can get the patch_nvram_save_scripts.command to work.

If I use the Terminal I get "command not found", if I double click directly on patch_nvram_save_scripts.command, files that are indeed inside the root folder don't get found. 

I post a couple of screenshots. Probably I'm doing something stupid but I can't see what it is...

Thanks for your time, your job is amazing.

post-36060-0-93163400-1492467011_thumb.jpeg

post-36060-0-36617700-1492467021_thumb.jpeg

@Espamac 

run it like this:  

sudo ./patch_nvram_save_scripts.command

use a dot slash

so the rest of the stuff in root folder is for sleep watcher

so install it like this:

To install the SleepWatcher scripts, which will help with WiFi on Sleep/Wake use this process to install the scripts into / of your HD

cd ~/Downloads/T460-distribute/Utilities/root
sudo cp -a * /

Reboot and valid and check that SleepWatcher is running via "ps -ef | grep sleep"

are you using the sleepwatcher scripts? I had issues with WiFI and sleep. so the solution was to turn wifi off before sleep and turn it on after wake. the sleepwatcher scripts automate this.

also, i did not have issues with wifi barely working. i had issues with USB wake up and BT being dead. Since the WiFi and BT are the same chip... the kext was trying to (re)load the firmware before the chip was awake. So why i tweaked the timing on the BrcmPatchRAM2 kext to slow it down it a little bit. then BT can wake up. 

Thanks, I don't use the sleepwatcher scripts now, I will try it.

@tluck

Thanks a lot. I properly installed the scripts into / of my HD but I'm still getting the same problem. After sleep download transfer rates drop to make internet connections almost unusable. I get this when I run "ps -ef | greep sleep":

501   587   580   0  5:12PM ttys000    0:00.00 grep sleep

@espamac - doesn't look like sleepwatcher is running?

tluck@Toms-T460 ~
$ ps -ef|grep sleep
    0    77     1   0  9:21PM ??         1:01.50 /usr/local/bin/sleepwatcher -V -s /etc/rc.sleep -w /etc/rc.wakeup
  501  2021  2006   0 11:17AM ttys000    0:00.00 grep sleep