[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

@tluck, thanks for the instructions. To extract the original DSDT, when I boot the clover from a USB and press F4, the raw DSDT will go to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin on that USB, or somewhere else, since I could not find it on that USB? Sorry for the trivial question.

@superwkn - it may be easier to adapt a T450 set of files to the x250. see https://github.com/shmilee/T450-Hackintosh

I adapted a lot of the stuff from the 450 to my box

the audio on x250 is probably ALC292 vs ALC293.

the battery stuff gets patched by patchmatic -  it creates a combined battery called BATC which is fake thing to aggregate BAT1 and BAT2

the process for DSDT/SSDT is fairly simple:

extract the original DSDT

use patchmatic to do some basic patching on the original. 

and then create a bunch of SSDT to (re) define all the devices

ARPT

HDEF

IGPU

LPC

PNLF

PS2K

SMBUS

XHC 

etc

it is a matched set - config.plist + DSDT/SSDT + custom kexts.

@superkwn: should be in that folder on the usb thumbdrive in my opinon. Do you have the folders ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched? On my devices it took nearly 10 attempts until i got my dump.

If you want to be sure, if the dump doesnt go to the /EFI/ folder from the hard drive, you can just check it there... but im 99% sure it should be on the thumbdrive (cause it loads from thumbdrive).

@superkwn: should be in that folder on the usb thumbdrive in my opinon. Do you have the folders ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched? On my devices it took nearly 10 attempts until i got my dump.

If you want to be sure, if the dump doesnt go to the /EFI/ folder from the hard drive, you can just check it there... but im 99% sure it should be on the thumbdrive (cause it loads from thumbdrive).

@barrrrt, I only see the ACPI/Patched. Should I press F4 also 10 times to see if ACPI/origin will be generated?

@superkwn - make a folder ACPI/origin if is not there. it puts stuff on the device you boot clover from.

@barrrt - HDMI works from my dock - but maybe you need some patching for tuning the timing?

port 105 - is mini DP on left side - i have been leaving this alone.

port 204 - is HDMI on right side - and/or Dock Port 1 - which is DP or HDMI

- with clover i change it from type 0004 (DP) to 0008 (HDMI) on port 204

so on the dock thing - you might want to try changing HDMI buffer params.

see patch 24 in new config.list - HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x19160000 - T460 HDMI on right side

find:

02040A00 00040000 87010000

replace:

02041200 00080000 87010000

the  one in zip just changes 0004 to 0008.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update the zip today. minor updates as pretty much everything is working great.

- tweaked audio kext to fix mute.

- i cleaned up my config.plist a little bit and added a few more HDA patches - seems to reduce the assertions on startup.

- updated clover and /etc/rc.shutdown.d scripts which saves nvram.plist in /ESP via logoutHook.

i comment out last 5 lines in the /Library/Application Support/CloverDaemon script which is not needed with this new Hook method.

Edited by tluck

Hm... T560 is always rebooting when System is loading GPU kext is guess. 

When i put it in the docking station it boots up 1/3 of the whole loading bar. Then it restarts... i have attached a video of that scenario :/

It just reboots when in dock. When i put a cdmi cable in the notebook directly, there is no problem.

@barrrrt

i noticed some slight differences when i connected with the HDMI port to Monitor on the dock vs HDMI port to Monitor on right side. i see more flashing and syncing happening.  so the dock HDMI is behaving slightly different for whatever reasons. however, with DP cable on the dock no problems. instant sync. 

so do you have a DP cable instead of HDMI?

did you try the buffer patch above using 12 as timing? 

Thanks - working now! I reinstalled it, rebooted and there it was...

WWAN working

Hi guys.

I bought a Huawei ME906S wwan card for my t560. It took me really long, but finally i got it working. 

Short side note: the me906s seems to be the European version. The ME906E is on the markt too, and should work with the attached kext, too.

You need at least 2 kexts in the SLE or LE folder. After that, you are done.

The HuaweiDataCardDriver_10_9.kext is extracted from the newest "mobile connect" software from Huawei. Thats just a suite with the driver and a software that can connect to your network... but... the suite is not needed.

Card is not shown in system profile - network - wwan. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter... right? :D

post-1869822-0-42551700-1484495789_thumb.png

@barrrrt

i noticed some slight differences when i connected with the HDMI port to Monitor on the dock vs HDMI port to Monitor on right side. i see more flashing and syncing happening.  so the dock HDMI is behaving slightly different for whatever reasons. however, with DP cable on the dock no problems. instant sync. 

so do you have a DP cable instead of HDMI?

did you try the buffer patch above using 12 as timing? 

Investigated some time again.

No settings work, yet.

Are the patches necessary getting a picture on the external device or is it just needed for audio passthrough?

Maybe i need to figure out something else with GPU instead?

@tluck, I have set the FakeID to 0x12345678, the problem  was still existed. 

I also tried to find the DVMT pre-allocated option in my laptop's BIOS. I  just got a "Total Graphics Memory" option, only 256MB/512MB available.  Was it the DVMT pre-allocated optional?

@superbboy - did you click inject and set fakeID? i don't mess with that setting in BIOS - that is not about DVMT.

@barrrrt - it seems the audio on HDMI works with or without the patch. i like to patch the right side port to indicate HDMI vs DP.  i really dont know what difference this makes though.

when i look at the various frame buffer settings https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support

i see:

0204 0a00 0004 0000 8701 0000

0204 0a00 0004 0000 c701 0000 

not sure what 87 vs c7 does. maybe something to try.

the combo 0a00 0004 - is for DP (0004)

so i changed to 

0204 1200 0008 - HDMI (0008) - which has been working for me quite well.

vs

0204 0900 0008 - which is a common setting for HDMI frame buffers historically.

Edited by tluck

@tluck, thank you for tips. I had installed the 10.12.2 successfully.

@superbboy, have you had any luck running different HiDPI resolutions?  Or are you running at native 1440p?

Also how are you dealing with the 3 connectors on the DW1830 vs the 2 antennae on the T460s?

@superbboy, have you had any luck running different HiDPI resolutions?  Or are you running at native 1440p?

Also how are you dealing with the 3 connectors on the DW1830 vs the 2 antennae on the T460s?

@mangvr, I just connect my notebook to external display at work and scale the resolution to1600*900 at home.

I just using 2(1,2, 0 is empty) antennae with DW1830  on my notebook. But I known someone using one of LTE antennae.

@tluck, although I have you your script in Utilities/root,  my DW1830 Bluetooth can not work well when wake up from sleeping, only worked sometimes.

How about your DW1560? May I missing something?

@superbboy

the sleeper watcher script essentially shuts down WiFi and Ethernet before sleep. This seemed to help fix some issues mostly about Ethernet. This doesn't address your issues with BT.

These combo chips are interesting and tricky:  the WiFi part of the chip is a PCI device - EXP3, where as the BT part of the chip is a USB device - XHC port HS07 .  Anyway yeah i rewrote the BroadcomPatchRam kext because i was seeing similar issues - that on wake, BT was gone or actually stuck in a zombie state. 

there seems to be a race to wake up all the USB devices upon wake. And when the BT device is awake on the USB device, the broadcom kext checks its firmware so see if it needs to be reloaded (these chips  have their firmware dynamically loaded). So anyway if the device is not fully awake or ready on the USB bus, the kext would choke on loading firmware.

So my "fix" was to slow this firmware process down - sleep for a few hundred milliseconds. the net i see a problem with BT about 1 in 100 wakes now. 

Perhaps the kext needs to be further "tuned" (add more sleep time) for your device?

I updated the zip today

- the big change here is using AppleALC instead of AppleHDA_ALC293.kext ... no real functional difference in audio -  but seems to not need CodecCommander. 

- revised the nvram.plist save scripts