[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

updated the zip - audio kext mods

- added ambient noise for external mic input - i still get quite a bit of hiss.

- added extra Output -  LineOut for dock audio

- included syscl's updated nvram save scripts for /etc/rc.shutdown.d etc

@mangyver 

- i added the HS09 port - it's the finger print reader for me. 

Can we somehow modded the fingerprint to work like touchid lol ?

• Like 1

@tluck: So on the t460 the 3 finger swipe left/right works good?

Hm.... i figured out, that the 3 finger swipe left/right works with rehabmans voodoops2 kext with the t560. The changes, you have did, make the trackpoint buttons work better (left click the left button/middle button for scrolling/right click is right button)... BUT the 3 finger swipe (left/right) doesn't work any longer.

Do you have an idea why the 3 finger swipe left and right doesn't work any longer on the t560 trackpad? 3 finger swipe up/down work perfect.

the new audio kext is not working with the t560. The old one is working fine.

@thedeliveryboy: the AppleHDA_alc293 is in your /S/L/E or /L/E?

so this AppleHDA_ALC293.kext isnt working for either of you?

this custom kext should be in /L/E

it links to the real AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E

3 finger swipe - when you said it works? in what app does it work. i remap from the default mapping to command [ and command ] - which are back/forward in safari.

@tluck: i go to the settings - keyboard - shortcut.

There i try to define a shortcut to any command... just for testing purposes. When i try to define a command with 3 finger swipe left/right it doesn't do anything there. Just the swipe up/down works.

When i use rehabs kext, it works. 

I also tried to delete your remapping, cause i thought it could be the problem, but it isn't.... as you said: Your command just redefines the 3 finger swipe left/right.

Is it possible to reach you in irc or anywhere???

And the new Applehda isn't working for me, too. Correct. The old version works..

hmm.  i dont understand how swipe can be that different. 'my' voodooPS2 kext is essentially the same as rehabman's kext. i added LENOVO override definitions for Keyboard and Trackpad. but those can be removed for testing.

audio - wonder what is going on here.

- there is non-dock version of the files - in the Resources directory in the kext.

- copy the *nodock* files  to layout28.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib and rebuild the kextcache

Can we somehow modded the fingerprint to work like touchid lol ?

The FP reader works in macos at all? The t460s touch sensor is pretty awesome. The t460 swipe sensor does indeed suck. The t470 has upgraded it to the same one as the t460s in addition to an IR cam for Windows Hello.

@mangyver

- have you tested the new Audio kext i posted today? i want to see if there is a wide-spread issue?

- there used to be sw - i never used it - to use the finger print - it was for mac OS that worked on the T420 (Upek device finger print reader) - TrueSuite by Authentec. 

• Like 1

Wow. I had check marked most of the prefs....  after unchecking the swipe left/right worked!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for investigating.

Regarding the audio: Didnt use the audio settings (i mean: hdmi audio) yet. If you want to i can test tomorrow if i can modify the audio kext.

@barrrrt- cool - glad it is working now! 

- on audio just wanted to make sure the basic audio speakers/mic are still working for everyone.  I added 2 audio out options -(1) HDMI and  (2) LineOut for ThinkPad Dock

as well as tweaked the Boost levels for the Mics.

Since the T440 use ALC292 - which almost identical to the T460 ALC293 - was able to leverage shmilee's excellent work for the 460/560.  

@mangyver

- have you tested the new Audio kext i posted today? i want to see if there is a wide-spread issue?

- there used to be sw - i never used it - to use the finger print - it was for mac OS that worked on the T420 (Upek device finger print reader) - TrueSuite by Authentec.

Not yet. I'll give it a whirl soon. I've not had issues with the older kext though.

The new touch fingerprint sensor is from Synaptics. Probably no drivers for it.

Not yet. I'll give it a whirl soon. I've not had issues with the older kext though.

The new touch fingerprint sensor is from Synaptics. Probably no drivers for it.

The updated XHC SSDT and the audio kext are working for me.

Ah.. ok... its possible that it didn't work for me, cause I just changed the kext and didn't change the ssdt.

I created a new HDEF ssdt and checked the config.plist for the audio entry (port 28). After a restart, the new audio kext is working too.

WWAN working

Hi guys.

I bought a Huawei ME906S wwan card for my t560. It took me really long, but finally i got it working. 

Short side note: the me906s seems to be the European version. The ME906E is on the markt too, and should work with the attached kext, too.

You need at least 2 kexts in the SLE or LE folder. After that, you are done.

The HuaweiDataCardDriver_10_9.kext is extracted from the newest "mobile connect" software from Huawei. Thats just a suite with the driver and a software that can connect to your network... but... the suite is not needed.

Card is not shown in system profile - network - wwan. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter... right? :D

post-201975-0-56305900-1483874243_thumb.png

post-201975-0-83232600-1483874259_thumb.png

post-201975-0-40729200-1483874273_thumb.png

me906HUAWEI.zip

• Like 2

@barrrrt - thank you for this! Once I have copied the kexts and restarted, how to I add the WWAN card in System Preferences > Network?

On another note, I wanted to show you guys my "ThinkBook Air" driving an 85" display at my office via HDMI out. It really confuses people when they see macOS running on my Lenovo!

post-1869822-0-31125200-1483898637_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

What a great news!!!

WWAN working

Hi guys.

I bought a Huawei ME906S wwan card for my t560. It took me really long, but finally i got it working. 

Short side note: the me906s seems to be the European version. The ME906E is on the markt too, and should work with the attached kext, too.

You need at least 2 kexts in the SLE or LE folder. After that, you are done.

The HuaweiDataCardDriver_10_9.kext is extracted from the newest "mobile connect" software from Huawei. Thats just a suite with the driver and a software that can connect to your network... but... the suite is not needed.

Card is not shown in system profile - network - wwan. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter... right? :D

@tluck, I am trying to adapt your guide to install on x250. Not sure if it is doable. But I will give it a try. One thing I notice is that in your guide, there is no guide on the handling of battery. Is there nothing needs to be done? Also x250 use different sound codec, yours use alc923 and x250 uses alc 2323, I suppose. So how to adapt your Kext to alc2323?

@superwkn - it may be easier to adapt a T450 set of files to the x250. see https://github.com/shmilee/T450-Hackintosh

I adapted a lot of the stuff from the 450 to my box

the audio on x250 is probably ALC292 vs ALC293.

the battery stuff gets patched by patchmatic -  it creates a combined battery called BATC which is fake thing to aggregate BAT1 and BAT2

the process for DSDT/SSDT is fairly simple:

extract the original DSDT

use patchmatic to do some basic patching on the original. 

and then create a bunch of SSDT to (re) define all the devices

ARPT

HDEF

IGPU

LPC

PNLF

PS2K

SMBUS

XHC 

etc

it is a matched set - config.plist + DSDT/SSDT + custom kexts.

• Like 1

Hi again.

Did anyone of you guys get a docking station to work?

I tried to use a hdmi cable with a docking station, and the computer restarted.

When I just put the hdmi cable into the notebook (without the dock) I have no problems.

Maybe some more fixes are needed?

Would like to discuss this a bit.... if there is no solution I will give the dock back :(