Speed up New DVD 10.4.8 torrent download

helob

22 posts in this topic

The download bandwidth is choking to death :) at about 54 to 55% at time of writing. There are just too many leechers (1457) and too few seeds (2). To ease the traffic congestion, we need to have more seeds and one of the way is too let those with high bandwidth/speed throught first so they can generate more seeds for all to share. To accomplish that, I propose

1. Stop joining the swarm for new leechers

2. For those leechers that have bandwidth/speed less than 50 KB/sec, pls stop your download immediately.

3. Restart your download when seeds >10.

The key is to increase the seeds. You will have your 100% download faster this way.

Everyone should benefit from above.

Thank you for your help and cooperation.

The download bandwidth is choking to death :D at about 54 to 55% at time of writing. There are just too many leechers (1457) and too few seeds (2). To ease the traffic congestion, we need to have more seeds and one of the way is too let those with high bandwidth/speed throught first so they can generate more seeds for all to share. To accomplish that, I propose

1. Stop joining the swarm for new leechers

2. For those leechers that have bandwidth/speed less than 50 KB/sec, pls stop your download immediately.

3. Restart your download when seeds >10.

The key is to increase the seeds. You will have your 100% download faster this way.

Everyone should benefit from above.

Thank you for your help and cooperation.

I think a more practical idea would be if the seeder bans everyone except a dozen or so people that are at 50%+ and can be trusted to seed, since everyone can leech of those 12, things will start getting up to speed soon. Otherwise we'll be talking about this till Leopard get's cracked and everyone buggers off.

Oh, and kick the BitComet scum since their damn client preferentially shares to other BC users and , since I assume he is super seeding, -from the Azureus Wiki

"BitComet interferes with Super Seeding?

It looks like BitComet doesn't play nice. BitComet clients disconnect and reconnect as soon as they have a piece downloaded from the Azureus superseed. Thus, Azureus never gets a chance to determine whether the client is a big uploader. To make matters worse, for some reason Azureus will upload to the "new" peers before uploading to known big uploaders. It appears to me this has a pretty bad effect on the effectiveness of superseeding.

I get much better performance if I regularly kick and ban all BitComets manually.

If cycling is fast enough, only new entrants get the majority of the upload. Many of these are "bad" uploaders and bandwidth is wasted.

It appears that peers in the middle of DL-ing a piece may get dropped if they are the longest connected and new peers come in much bandwidth is wasted because the piece never gets fully uploaded and cannot be shared by the peer."

Therefore I declare Jihad against BitComet SCUM, if you see one on the street punch them... :dev:

Pushing out at 120 Kb/s, but barely getting 3 or 4 in. Currently at 57.1% downloaded. I would like to make a plea...Please, if you have less then 25% of the file or have not started at all yet, wait. Let those of us with big pipes and a good chunk done already finish so we can quickly build the number of seeders.

Guest bikedude880

Truely, I keep logging off for hours at a time and watch the group move maybe 2%... I let my client download for maybe 5 min and I've caught back up. At this rate, It will be next weekend before we get this thing. :blink:

I'm at 60% now, permanently 60KB/s up but only 10KB down average. I've already punched out 7-8 GB but theoretically still a week from completing. At some point this morning I was at 500KB during an hour or so. I could also open the gates at 100KB but looking at 1600+ people clogging up and not giving much back into the cycle, I reckon that's a bit disproportionate for a 'sharing' network. Sometimes I feel they should rename this whole thing to P2L(eech). :D

I think a more practical idea would be if the seeder bans everyone except a dozen or so people that are at 50%+ and can be trusted to seed, since everyone can leech of those 12, things will start getting up to speed soon. Otherwise we'll be talking about this till Leopard get's cracked and everyone buggers off.

Oh, and kick the BitComet scum since their damn client preferentially shares to other BC users and , since I assume he is super seeding, -from the Azureus Wiki

"BitComet interferes with Super Seeding?

It looks like BitComet doesn't play nice. BitComet clients disconnect and reconnect as soon as they have a piece downloaded from the Azureus superseed. Thus, Azureus never gets a chance to determine whether the client is a big uploader. To make matters worse, for some reason Azureus will upload to the "new" peers before uploading to known big uploaders. It appears to me this has a pretty bad effect on the effectiveness of superseeding.

I get much better performance if I regularly kick and ban all BitComets manually.

If cycling is fast enough, only new entrants get the majority of the upload. Many of these are "bad" uploaders and bandwidth is wasted.

It appears that peers in the middle of DL-ing a piece may get dropped if they are the longest connected and new peers come in much bandwidth is wasted because the piece never gets fully uploaded and cannot be shared by the peer."

Therefore I declare Jihad against BitComet SCUM, if you see one on the street punch them... :D

I use bitcomet and its always worked ok for me and whats way the scum {censored} have you an attitude or something

As they say all good things come to those who wait