[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Try

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

use wake from power button

let me know

dont need SSDT for PM, try without inject usb too

send me new ioreg with new files after reboot

Thanks for the files Maldon need more testing to do so far still missing C1 C3  states  in appleinfo.kext bt now C6 shows up

Now sleep is working but wont wake up from mouse or keyb only from power button, my question is if it s possible to achieve the same thing with ssdt sleep from my older EFI folder and not needing a dsdt.

Cos my GB score just went down a lot  1000+ on single and more then 5000 on multi

Mac Pro ADAM.zip

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.rtf

• Like 2

Thanks for the files Maldon need more testing to do so far still missing C1 C3  states  in appleinfo.kext bt now C6 shows up

Now sleep is working but wont wake up from mouse or keyb only from power button, my question is if it s possible to achieve the same thing with ssdt sleep from my older EFI folder and not needing a dsdt.

Cos my GB score just went down a lot  1000+ on single and more then 5000 on multi

before DSDT u have only c6 too, u need check ur patches in "Kernel to Patch" for generate C3, C6, u need more patches for a stable score/perfomance

Captura de Tela 2017-12-30 às 22.16.16.png

DSDT about PM have only PlugInType=1 instead SSDT pike, dont need SSDT, PlugInType=1 is a native patch from Real MacPro6,1 DSDT  ;)

Captura de Tela 2017-12-30 às 22.23.25.png

Check my config.plist x99, check Kernel to Patch

config.plist.zip

many patches don't work with SSDT and SSDT just inject in DSDT, if u have a stable bios version, the best is full DSDT patched instead Clover patches or SSDTs, but all work good, Clover is magic!

Sleep, no, in ur case the USB wake ur Hack, the best to avoid problems is remove _PRW from devices and Wake from Power button, is a very old patch, u can check in search forum.

U can try create usb SSDT with _prw correct state

If u apply a correct patches for ur processor, ur score stay same and good, my 5820k stay at 24500, minimal variations, 100+ or 100-

• Like 2

before DSDT u have only c6 too, u need check ur patches in "Kernel to Patch" for generate C3, C6, u need more patches for a stable score/perfomance

attachicon.gifCaptura de Tela 2017-12-30 às 22.16.16.png

DSDT about PM have only PlugInType=1 instead SSDT pike, dont need SSDT, PlugInType=1 is a native patch from Real MacPro6,1 DSDT  ;)

attachicon.gifCaptura de Tela 2017-12-30 às 22.23.25.png

Check my config.plist x99, check Kernel to Patch

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

many patches don't work with SSDT and SSDT just inject in DSDT, if u have a stable bios version, the best is full DSDT patched instead Clover patches or SSDTs, but all work good, Clover is magic!

Sleep, no, in ur case the USB wake ur Hack, the best to avoid problems is remove _PRW from devices and Wake from Power button, is a very old patch, u can check in search forum.

U can try create usb SSDT with _prw correct state

If u apply a correct patches for ur processor, ur score stay same and good, my 5820k stay at 24500, minimal variations, 100+ or 100-

I will try your config to see what happens i ll report back and thanks for the help!!!

• Like 1

MaLd0n.

You are genius.

Thank you kind man.

looks good, c3, c6, all devices load

what do you think?
what not work? let me know

@Maldon i checked out your config but unfortunately the system wont boot with it, can you help me find the exact kernel patches for my cpu to enable C1-C3 STATES?

I also forgot to mention that my bios on my mobo ASUS X99AII is not  patched

u need test patches, other processor

dont use my config.plist, just for ur check

check okrasit patches about perfomance

what do you think?

I will test for longer and answer.
Thank you .
  • Like 1

what do you think?

Thanks so far for the help okrasit patch worked, so you mean that i should test those patches one by one from your config file to see if it enables the c-states? or are there other patches for haswell too if yes where can i find them?

• Like 1

what do you think?

MaLd0n.

Thanks, all works.

Tell me why the frequency of the CPU on the tests drops to 2600, should be 2800. Maybe I need another patch?

Thank you very much !

Test.zip

• Like 1

MaLd0n.

Thanks, all works.

Tell me why the frequency of the CPU on the tests drops to 2600, should be 2800. Maybe I need another patch?

Thank you very much !

try to add this kernel patch 89d8c1e0 084863d0 - b800ff00 004863d0 -  xcpm performance fix 1 (wrsmr fix to get CPU max) © okrasit/0x199 - 10.13.x

We have the same cpu mine goes up to 2.79 ghz

Can you please share your config file and bios settings to see how u got C1 C3 STATES?

• Like 1

Hi fabiosun,

Thanks for the heads up!

Checking....

Hi MaLd0n,

I keep getting more impressed every time you help me!!

I've PM you back the result of the test requested.

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi MaLD0n, 

Feliz ano novo de 2018/Happy new 2018 year!!

Please check your PM, as I've been able to identify the culprit _DSM method that prevented my system's PAUSE & failed PCI information...

Boa sorte,

Paulo 

• Like 1

try to add this kernel patch 89d8c1e0 084863d0 - b800ff00 004863d0 -  xcpm performance fix 1 (wrsmr fix to get CPU max) © okrasit/0x199 - 10.13.x

We have the same cpu mine goes up to 2.79 ghz

Can you please share your config file and bios settings to see how u got C1 C3 STATES?

I gave you my settings on another site for dj_adam21 , they have not changed. And the files are higher.

MaLd0n.

Thanks, all works.

Thank you very much !

Need check patches in config.plist/kernel to patch

Hi MaLD0n, 

Feliz ano novo de 2018/Happy new 2018 year!!

Please check your PM, as I've been able to identify the culprit _DSM method that prevented my system's PAUSE & failed PCI information...

Boa sorte,

Paulo 

Feliz Ano novo! Saúde e Sucesso!

Done!

the chipset and processors is problematic with PM, now i use only CoffeeLake 8700k, native support, all work with full DSDT patch and Power Management only add lttle _DSM into DSDT, into scope label _PR.PR00, very good perfomance and native support, x299 now in iMacPro too, new Era is comming!

• Like 1

Need check patches in config.plist/kernel to patch

Feliz Ano novo! Saúde e Sucesso!

Done!

the chipset and processors is problematic with PM, now i use only CoffeeLake 8700k, native support, all work with full DSDT patch and Power Management only add lttle _DSM into DSDT, into scope label _PR.PR00, very good perfomance and native support, x299 now in iMacPro too, new Era is comming!

Tell me in what direction to look for .

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Hi pitrysha

frequency drop from 2.8 to 2.6 in multicore benchmark test is in my opinion a OSX / cinebench problem also for my 2696V4 cpu

In windows I have always 2.8 Ghz in cinevench cpu multicore test in osx it drops @2.6 so in windows I have a bench of about 3.150 and in osx of about 2.930

I have had same behavior also with your 2696V3 cpu I had some time ago

MaLd0n.

Thanks, all works.

Thank you very much !