[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Sorry about that! I rewrote the post several times and forgot to include it:

Specs:

- i7-5930k (stock)

- Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX CPU cooler

- Asus x99 PRO/USB 3.1

- G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (x2)

- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti + ACX2.0 + w/BP

- Grace m9xx USB DAC

- Samsung NVMe 950 (currently with Windows 10)

- Samsung 850 SSD (currently with Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.1)

- Samsung 830 SSD (Mac OS X backup)

- Samsung 2TB Hybrid (Backup for everything)

- Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Case

Thanks for the help!

Most of my plist (patches, as well as SSDTs) come from this following this guide.

I have the same Asus. For sleep try this DSDT  https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqjiwiiegwm6be1/DSDT.aml?dl=0

yes

So close! I got it to stay asleep... but upon waking it up, it never woke up my monitor (just got a blank screen/no signal)! Any ideas!?

Maybe use MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS? Currently using 14,2.

Update 2: GOT IT TO WORK!!!! Wooo! Thanks man!

For anyone wondering, I set darkwake=0

Update 3: Sleep works, but now nearly all my USB devices have been disabled and my USB DAC has been disabled as well (so no sound... at all :( ) .

Seems like if I set the BIOS XHCI -> Smart Auto, I can sleep, but I don't get any USB functionality, however if I set it to Enabled, then I get USB functionality, but no ability to sleep...

Update 4: Now it's not sleeping. Instantly waking up...

Update 5: Sleep works again, but when testing all USB ports: Only 2 in the back work. The rest are disabled.

Does anyone have/know of any patches for the Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 to fix the following...? 

What I have working:

- CPU Stepping

- Frequency Vectors

- Shutdown/restart

- GTX 980TI graphics

- USB audio

- Ethernet

What doesn't work:

- Sleep

- Some front USB ports

- Any sort of onboard Realtek 1150 Audio (using a monitor over HDMI cable connected to 980TI)

Specifically, I'm trying to get my computer to sleep, but it awakes instantly (with no signal to monitor):

Hi mfc88,

I update my Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 BIOS to last 3402

You can find this version already "unlocked" here #262 Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:08 PM by fabiosun

I installed without any problem, but you should read the manual board, because the file must be renamed according to the manual says.

Important:

I also chose to do a new installation of Sierra. In my case, it helped solve some conflicts and problems. Upgrades on upgrades sometimes creates conflict and this happened to me.

Enter your board UEFI Bios and press F5 to load default values and OK.

Press F7

In Advanced:

USB Configuration and set:

Intel XHCI Mode - Smart Auto

XHCI Legacy Support - Enable

EHCI Legacy Support - Enable

XHCI Hand-off - Enable

EHCI Hand-off - Enable

In Ai Tweaker:

Internal CPU Power Management (EIST) - Disable

In Boot / Secure Boot:

Os Type - Other OS

Press F10 to Save and Exit

Try using my complete EFI attached. But it is preferable to generate an DSDT for PM for your CPU. Mine was generated for 5820K. They are different processors with diferente names.

With Clover Configurator, generate or copy/paste your serial number for plist (this one obviously don´t have)

If have, remove other older kexts that you use for USB in S/L/E.

I don´t use nothing in S/L/E, only in clover.

​Reboot and the USB 2, 3 and 3.1 should work, like working for me.

The Bluetooth must be working. For WIFI, uses kext have edited by me, which is in wifizip folder attached. Remove the original and install this with Kext Wizard. Rebuild caches and restart the system. If wifi works, apply the 5Ghz patch that is in the folder.

For sound onboard ALC1150 work with the original AppleHDA, you must MOUNT your EFI and run the Toleda script here on this link. https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip

After installing the script, confirms that in the Clover config.plist still are these paches in "Kext To Patch".

If anything is missing, You have to manually apply or you will not have sound.

AppleHDAController Find A08C -> 208D 10.10-10.11+x99-ALC-Onboard-Audio

AppleHDA 8A19D411 to 00000000 t1-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150

AppleHDA 8B19D411 to 0009EC10 t1-10.9-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150

AppleHDA 786D6C2E7A6C to 7A6D6C2E7A6C t1-AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml

If all goes well, your system should be like mine.

Any questions, say anything…

​Boa Sorte!

EFI.zip

WIFI.rar

post-1313347-0-48280800-1478113553_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-16363800-1478113561_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-34915500-1478113566_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-29945200-1478113573_thumb.png

• Like 1

Does anyone have/know of any patches for the Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 to fix the following...? 

What I have working:

- CPU Stepping

- Frequency Vectors

- Shutdown/restart

- GTX 980TI graphics

- USB audio

- Ethernet

What doesn't work:

- Sleep

- Some front USB ports

- Any sort of onboard Realtek 1150 Audio (using a monitor over HDMI cable connected to 980TI)

Specifically, I'm trying to get my computer to sleep, but it awakes instantly (with no signal to monitor):

Hi mfc88,

I update my Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 BIOS to last 3402

You can find this version already "unlocked" here #262 Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:08 PM by fabiosun

I installed without any problem, but you should read the manual board, because the file must be renamed according to the manual says.

Important:

I also chose to do a new installation of Sierra. In my case, it helped solve some conflicts and problems. Upgrades on upgrades sometimes creates conflict and this happened to me.

Press F7

In Advanced:

XHCI Hand-off - Enable

EHCI Hand-off - Enable

In Ai Tweaker:

In Boot / Secure Boot:

Os Type - Other OS

Try using my complete EFI attached. But it is preferable to generate an DSDT for PM for your CPU. Mine was generated for 5820K. They are different processors with diferente names.

With Clover Configurator, generate or copy/paste your serial number for plist (this one obviously don´t have)

If have, remove other older kexts that you use for USB in S/L/E.

I don´t use nothing in S/L/E, only in clover.

​Reboot and the USB 2, 3 and 3.1 should work, like working for me.

The Bluetooth must be working. For WIFI, uses kext have edited by me, which is in wifizip folder attached. Remove the original and install this with Kext Wizard. Rebuild caches and restart the system. If wifi works, apply the 5Ghz patch that is in the folder.

For sound onboard ALC1150 work with the original AppleHDA, you must MOUNT your EFI and run the Toleda script here on this link. https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip

After installing the script, confirms that in the Clover config.plist still are these paches in "Kext To Patch".

If anything is missing, You have to manually apply or you will not have sound.

AppleHDAController Find A08C -> 208D 10.10-10.11+x99-ALC-Onboard-Audio

AppleHDA 8A19D411 to 00000000 t1-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150

AppleHDA 8B19D411 to 0009EC10 t1-10.9-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150

AppleHDA 786D6C2E7A6C to 7A6D6C2E7A6C t1-AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml

If all goes well, your system should be like mine.

Any questions, say anything…

​Boa Sorte!

Wow!  :w00t:

Muito obrigado!

I have a "Test" harddrive that'll I'll try this on... will report back soon!

Quick question:

What system definition are you using? MacPro6,1? Or something else?

• Like 1

Wow!  :w00t:

Muito obrigado!

I have a "Test" harddrive that'll I'll try this on... will report back soon!

Do not move anything, as is the XCPM works and you can test with the Intel Power Gadget and/or run in the Terminal the AppleIntelInfo.kext v1.8e. I tested other plists with different patches available, but sometimes caused freezing. With this plist my system does not have freeze and reboots. It is stable and PM works well.

Do not move anything, as is the XCPM works and you can test with the Intel Power Gadget and/or run in the Terminal the AppleIntelInfo.kext v1.8e. I tested other plists with different patches available, but sometimes caused freezing. With this plist my system does not have freeze and reboots. It is stable and PM works well.

Okay, I replaced them back into the S/L/E (all my Ktext's were in Clover EFI, but in order for PM to work I had remove some Ktexts from the S/L/E folder, but I just them back in).

Another question:

Okay, I replaced them back into the S/L/E.

Another question:

For our system must be Macpro6,1 and is already set in my plist. If you do new installation (preferable), do not forget to use the boot flag nv_disable=1 until you have installed the NvidiaWebDriver and patch the AppleGraphicsControl kext. Procedure necessary if using SMBios Macpro6,1 or iMac17,1

For our system must be Macpro6,1 and is already set in my plist. If you do new installation (preferable), do not forget to use the boot flag nv_disable=1 until you have installed the NvidiaWebDriver and patch the AppleGraphicsControl kext. Procedure necessary if using SMBios Macpro6,1 or iMac17,1

When you generated a SSDT, you used the "-x 1" flag to enable xcpm?

I was able to use your folder and boot into the OS but shortly after I got a random crash. So, I've decided to do a complete new install

• Like 1

After a complete new install... I still get random crashes/reboots.

Any idea where I can find the kernel log?

Random crashes/reboots could happen because a certain version of clover or because of the kernel patches you are using and or because of your bios settings...

My example....last week i had freezes because of bios settings...and i had default params...1 month ago i have reset because of a certain version of clover...

Put a screenshots of your bios settings regarding AI TWEAKER menu and write what clover version are you using and kernel patches in your config.plist.

If you are using Ferghart EFI consider that there are things to fix....for example in EFI/CLOVER/kext delete all dir and leave only OTHER...create a 10.12 and put only AppleALC.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, realtekALC.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext (for your cpu) and X99_Injector USB 3.kext....all other kexts are unuseful for your board.

In Driver64UEFI delete OsxAptioFix2Drv and put OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.ef;

in config.plist put SammlerG patches from post #416.

SMBIOS def 6,1 and it should work...you have an Asus X99 board similar to mine and other users so if you try what i've written you should have a working system.

Random crashes/reboots could happen because a certain version of clover or because of the kernel patches you are using and or because of your bios settings...

My example....last week i had freezes because of bios settings...and i had default params...1 month ago i have reset because of a certain version of clover...

Put a screenshots of your bios settings regarding AI TWEAKER menu and write what clover version are you using and kernel patches in your config.plist.

Just noticed that he patched his motherboard with an "unlocked" bios...

Just noticed that he patched his motherboard with an "unlocked" bios...

Sure...it's to skip reset problems. You can find a patched bios version for your mainboard here...read post #262 with fabiosun's patched bios file inside. But if you are new to use a patched bios file read carefully another thread in this forum wit title "UEFIPATCH"

• Like 1

Sure...it's to skip reset problems. You can find a patched bios version for your mainboard here...read post #262 with fabiosun's patched bios file inside. But if you are new to use a patched bios file read carefully another thread in this forum wit title "UEFIPATCH"

Are you using a patched BIOS or no? EDITED: Just noticed your specs! Nevermind!

I might just use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000... I didn't have any crashing issues when I installed it to my primary set up. 

Are you using a patched BIOS or no? EDITED: Just noticed your specs! Nevermind!

I might just use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000... I didn't have any crashing issues when I installed it to my primary set up. 

mfc88, almost everyone here use a Patched Bios. As I said, I use this by the way, is the latest version available on the Asus website, but in this case, unlocked. And have no problems on my board.

#262 Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:08 PM by fabiosun

All right! A bit of an update...

I managed to get my test bench stable (for now, will do more extensive testing on the weekend) with Fergarth's EFI folder, but I needed to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 as well as this KernelToPatch:

Find: 3C0E9  Replace: 83C0E6   Cmment: Haswell-E CPUID Patch     MatchOS: 10.12
What works:

- Ethernet

- WIFI (2.4ghz/5ghz)!!!!

- All USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 Ports!!!!

- USB DAC Sound

- Realtek 1150 sound (over HDMI)!!!

- CPU PM/Stepping

What doesn't work:

- Sleep (unfortunately, I get instant wake followed by a kernel panic)

- Bluetooth (don't really use this anyway)

• Like 1

I tried to flash my bios with the patched bios, but the flashback utility refuses to do so. Not sure if I boned myself by already updating to a vanilla 3403 a month or so ago. 

Just a curiosity! How did you one bios update to version 3403, if on the Asus website the latest version available for the X99 Pro USB 3.1 is 3402?

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99PROUSB_31/HelpDesk_Download/

As already suggested and said here, do the update to Unlocked Bios, will give more stability to the system and facilitate the use of XCPM patches.

If you really want to do the update, you must do the following:

Format a USB 2.0 stick (FAT32 is preferable)

After download the Bios file, you have to rename the file to X99PU31.CAP

This name is specific to the Asus X99 Pro USB3.1, for other Asus board, the name will be different according to the User's Manual.

Copy the file named X99PU31.CAP to the pen.

Shut down your computer.

Insert the USB stick to the USB port (the port hole marked in green on the I/O shield) then press the USB BIOS Flashback button for three seconds until the Flashback LED blinks three times, indicating that the Bios Flasback function is enabled and automatically update the Bios.

Wait some minutes until the light goes out, indicating that the Bios updating process is completed.

After that, start the system, enter UEFI Bios and set this settings again.

Press F7

In Advanced:

XHCI Hand-off - Enable

EHCI Hand-off - Enable

In Ai Tweaker:

In Boot / Secure Boot:

Os Type - Other OS

Easy right?

5960X patch Helper

#Kernel patch

#I test with 5960XPatch 10.12 by Brumbaer

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>5960XPatch helper 10.12 by N.Mano /kern_open_file_for_direct_io</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIH5AQAAQA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SIH5AQAAgA==
</data>

</dict>

config.plist.zip