[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Whether I install Clover in UEFI mode or I manually copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of my SSD, or when I put it on a FAT32 formatted USB, it doesn't make any difference. Clover won't show up in the UEFI boot list  :wallbash:

Also, in BIOS, I can't navigate that partition in the boot menu. The text is messed up and I can't select anything. 

i will create a CLOVER partition as per what you've said on a spare harddisk I have laying around later. Lets see how that goes.

@790 users

try other versions of AppleALC!

without boost:

frontMic and backMic in SwitchMode:

The first one works perfectly! Both mic ports are working well (way better than with the previous version) and Siri also works with both mic ports now.

With the second one (switchmode) none of my mic ports seem to work. The back port doesn't have input at all. The front port does, but not when i Talk. When I blow on the mic, I can see the level raising

Whether I install Clover in UEFI mode or I manually copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of my SSD, or when I put it on a FAT32 formatted USB, it doesn't make any difference. Clover won't show up in the UEFI boot list  :wallbash:

Also, in BIOS, I can't navigate that partition in the boot menu. The text is messed up and I can't select anything. 

i will create a CLOVER partition as per what you've said on a spare harddisk I have laying around later. Lets see how that goes.

Your not have this Entry after creating a fat 32 / Guid  ➤ name CLOVER  partition 

FAT 32 GUID , Not MBR

Edit ****

I dont know why MBR Fat 32 not working

img_1235.jpg

I put out my Windows SSD to show you only the CLOVER UEFI entry

@790 users

try other versions of AppleALC!

without boost:

frontMic and backMic in SwitchMode:

The first one is perfect  B)

• Like 2

Your not have this Entry after creating a fat 32 / Guid  ➤ name CLOVER  partition 

FAT 32 GUID , Not MBR

Edit ****

I dont know why MBR Fat 32 not working

Both my SSD as well as the USB are GUID, so that's not the problem. I will try it on an empty HDD now.

EDIT: Disk utility won't let me create a 200MB FAT32 partition  :hysterical:

EDIT2: Yup. Creating a small partition works, I'm now booted through UEFI.  :thumbsup_anim:

Both my SSD as well as the USB are GUID, so that's not the problem. I will try it on an empty HDD now.

EDIT: Disk utility won't let me create a 200MB FAT32 partition  :hysterical:

EDIT2: Yup. Creating a small partition works, I'm now booted through UEFI.  :thumbsup_anim:

If you have create the Part in OS X , the part is in FAT 16  :)

you need Formate the part with Gparted in FAT 32  :D

captu164.png

• Like 1

If you have create the Part in OS X , the part is in FAT 16  :)

you need Formate the part with Gparted in FAT 32  :D

Yeah that's how I did it when I found out that Disk utility didn't let me  :lol:

Hi Folks, 

Has anyone had any experience installing the 10.13 beta's or developer previews on the dell 755, 760 /780 and if so have they had issues or tips they can pass on.  hopefully the full version release next week will continue to work on these machines. ...

Hi Folks, 

Has anyone had any experience installing the 10.13 beta's or developer previews on the dell 755, 760 /780 and if so have they had issues or tips they can pass on.  hopefully the full version release next week will continue to work on these machines. ...

Installed it without any issues on my 755. Use the latest Clover, update your SMBIOS data (BIOS version, BIOS release date, FF and FFM -- Clover Configurator contains the updated info already) and off you go. If you want to install it on APFS you'll need to extract apfs.efi and put it in Clovers Drivers64 folder. 

Hi guys,

Having a little trouble with my fresh install of High Sierra. I'm getting to the point whereby I should see the opening screen. Choose language, username and location.

But I end with an illuminated black screen. I've Installed clover in the ESP and it's version r4200.

Had no trouble with the previous Sierra using the generic DSDT. It's a Radeon 6570 that I'm using.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Having a little trouble with my fresh install of High Sierra. I'm getting to the point whereby I should see the opening screen. Choose language, username and location.

But I end with an illuminated black screen. I've Installed clover in the ESP and it's version r4200.

Had no trouble with the previous Sierra using the generic DSDT. It's a Radeon 6570 that I'm using.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You most likely need to rollback to the graphics kexts from Sierra. Lots of AMD cards have issues on High Sierra.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312656-guide-macos-sierra-1012-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/page-42?do=findComment&comment=2450040

Sierra_Rollback.zip

@Deanor30

Yes, my Optiplex780 works with High Sierra and with APFS (SSD).

@Aaronation

Yes, my HD5450, HD6570, HD5770, ... all need the rollback of the four Kext from the Sierra.

I'm lucky in my bad luck because my Radeon HD 5450 2Gig is dead
Lucky to have in Injector iGPU
still have two other Radeon HD that works OOB only Inject ID Clover
without any rollback kexts. 10.6 to 10.13
I have one ASUS Radeon HD 5450 1 Gig and one Visontek 5450 512 mb working

sans_t92.png

I put it when I want to use Snow Leopard  B)
EDIT**
My only issue with the Radeon HD 5450 is the sleep and wake  :mad: I try everything  possible
The good news now with SSDT patch method my two GPU works on Dual Display with the Radeon 5450   :thumbsup_anim:

captu165.png

post-951341-0-98942300-1505958875_thumb.png

You most likely need to rollback to the graphics kexts from Sierra. Lots of AMD cards have issues on High Sierra.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312656-guide-macos-sierra-1012-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/page-42?do=findComment&comment=2450040

attachicon.gifSierra_Rollback.zip

Thank you very much sir,

I'm now into the os. And everything seems to look ok.

However I've noticed that launchpad and Dashboard are very slow to respond. And it appears to have no graphics acceleration.

Was wondering if I should maybe go back to the HD5450 graphics cards.

Thanks again

Thank you very much sir,

I'm now into the os. And everything seems to look ok.

However I've noticed that launchpad and Dashboard are very slow to respond. And it appears to have no graphics acceleration.

Was wondering if I should maybe go back to the HD5450 graphics cards.

Thanks again

Can you show me your config.plist and the output of

kextstat | grep 'AMD\|IOAcceleratorFamily2'

No monitor attached to the HD3000? 

No on Snow Leopard only the Radeon HD 5450 attach

but in Sierra and High Sierra the both monitor works  :D

Maybe I need to find the right SMBIOS for make it work in snow because the kext Intel HD 3000 is Load and enable  :P

I'll have to try again later, can't even get my list to show up here!

And I wouldn't know how to find out the output of kextstat. Sorry

1. Compress your config.plist as .zip. In the comment field, go to "More Reply Options" and upload that .zip

2. Copy this line into a terminal screen and press enter:

kextstat | grep 'AMD\|IOAcceleratorFamily2'

If it returns nothing, it means the kexts are not loaded, hence no acceleration.

In that case, copy this line into a terminal and press enter:

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext

No on Snow Leopard only the Radeon HD 5450 attach

but in Sierra and High Sierra the both monitor works  :D

Maybe I need to find the right SMBIOS for make it work in snow because the kext Intel HD 3000 is Load and enable  :P

Could you share the SSDT patch please?  :D

Could you share the SSDT patch please?  :D

Could you share the SSDT patch please?  
:D

here the patch

Under ACPI/DSDT

Change PEGP to GFX0

Find <50454750>

Replace <47465830>

Change _DSM to XDSM

Find <5f44534d>

Replace <5844534d>

You need also this SSDT-GFX0.aml

on CLOVER/ACPI/patched

You need remove patch DSDT and Clover Fake ID

Credit VioletDragon

SSDT-GFX0.zip

here the patch

Under ACPI/DSDT

Change PEGP to GFX0

Find <50454750>

Replace <47465830>

Change _DSM to XDSM

Find <5f44534d>

Replace <5844534d>

You need also this SSDT-GFX0.aml

on CLOVER/ACPI/patched

You need remove patch DSDT and Clover Fake ID

Credit VioletDragon

But that's your ATI card. How did you manage to enable HD3000 without attaching a display?

But that's your ATI card. How did you manage to enable HD3000 without attaching a display?

Intel HD 3000 is injected by Clover long time ago commits by Sherlocks

Just need Inject Intel

My Dysplay is attaching in High Sierra and Sierra

snow Leopard Only Radeon is attach because I think the Display Port HD 3000 is not enable in 10.6.8?

But the Intel HD 3000 is load but the screen not open, only the screen of the Graphics card

captu166.png

sans_t47.jpg

sans_t48.jpg

Intel HD 3000 is injected by Clover long time ago commits by Sherlocks

Just need Inject Intel

My Dysplay is attaching in High Sierra and Sierra

snow Leopard Only Radeon is attach

captu166.png

sans_t47.jpg

sans_t48.jpg

Yeah I know, but for me the HD3000 only shows in macOS when I booted from it (with monitor attached) but in snow leopard you booted from the HD5450, right? But the HD3000 is showing in the display list in your screenshot.

How is the performance in Sierra and high Sierra? For me when I boot with a monitor on both the HD3000 and GT 710, the GT 710 is having some glitches after awhile

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5533 met Tapatalk