AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

@biscate

I see in AppleALC 1.0.16.Release is ALC290 for HP ENVY 15t k000 already included with LayoutID 4.

Reinstall native AppleHDA from Sierra
Change LayoutID from 3 to 4
Try AppleALC 1.0.16.Release

please report

Hey MacPeet,

Tested AppleALC 1.0.17 on my HP Presario 14-v065br (ACL3241) with layout-id 4.

Only internal speakers work (no microphone) with layout-id 3. With layout-id 4 nothing works.

Note: your patched HP 15k Series Envy AppleHDA.kext works fine (speakers and microphone).

I said the codec layoutID 4 is for HP ENVY 15t k000 !!!
Not for HP Presario 14-v065br !!! Other device.

Codec layoutID 3 is not mine, sorry.
Have you tested the HP ENVY 15t k000 and layoutID 4 ???
It would be nice if you once answered the questioned before a new device comes into play.

I said the codec layoutID 4 is for HP ENVY 15t k000 !!!
Not for HP Presario 14-v065br !!! Other device.

Codec layoutID 3 is not mine, sorry.
Have you tested the HP ENVY 15t k000 and layoutID 4 ???
It would be nice if you once answered the questioned before a new device comes into play.

Sorry, I'm only telling you what works and what doesn't. If your patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext works on my system, maybe both systems have the same audio codec/variation.

Just tested your patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext with layoutID 4 and it didn't work.

Sorry, I'm only telling you what works and what doesn't. If your patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext works on my system, maybe both systems have the same audio codec/variation.

Just tested your patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext with layoutID 4 and it didn't work.

I can not tell if the devices are the same.

Patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext with layoutID 4 can not work.
You should test HP ENVY 15t k000 and AppleALC with layoutID 4.
try this: AppleALC.kext_trial_ALC290_layoutID4.zip   (Patches are new here)
Of course with original AppleHDA.
Without DSDT: ID 4 in Clover and with FixHDA
With DSDT: ID 4 in DSDT-HDEF without FixHDA

Hi,

I was encouraged to ask here to get some help to solve my issues.

Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 EU

Audio Codec CA0132

Layout id: 9,10,/// no works: 10,11.

OS X Sierra 10,12,1 

I just want to get audio controls, I've only got line output without volumen control. No headphones output.

Is there any solution for that? in Capitan I had full audio.

Thanks a lot...!!!

Thank's to much, it work!

I have one question please:

How can I reduce size of the kext to only keep my codec Infos, as I need it for bios because no more empty space please?

1. GA-Z97M-DS3H-F7 Rev1.1
2. ALC887
3. Layout ID (1)
4. MacOS 
Sierra (16A323)

5. Info.plist: Info.plist.zip

I can not tell if the devices are the same.

Patched HP ENVY 15t k000 AppleHDA.kext with layoutID 4 can not work.
You should test HP ENVY 15t k000 and AppleALC with layoutID 4.
try this: attachicon.gifAppleALC.kext_trial_ALC290_layoutID4.zip   (Patches are new here)
Of course with original AppleHDA.
Without DSDT: ID 4 in Clover and with FixHDA
With DSDT: ID 4 in DSDT-HDEF without FixHDA

Tried your trial version but not succeeded.

I was not shure about FixHDA patch on my DSDT, so I did a second attempt with FixHDA on Clover/config.plist, still no success.

Used layout-id 4 and original macOS AppeHda.kext on S/L/E on both attempts.

If that help, internal speakers work with layout-id 3, as before.

No idea anymore.

The codec in the trial version is identical to the codec of the patched HDA.
Perhaps somewhere a user error with you while setting the DSDT. No idea.

I gonna try tweaking with DSDT and AppleALC.

Thank you, anyway.

Hi,

Anyone know how to get all my rear audio jacks going at once? I can only enable each one being front, rear or center one at a time via the settings app. Got a 5.1 speaker setup using the analogue connections. Seems like only inject id 1 (which enables all three jacks individually) or id 12 (just the front and digital) only work,

Thanks.

Hello all,

I need some help to build the kext. I'have readed and performed every single step in wiki but for life, I cant compile a working AppleALC for my system.

Am trying to build this kext for my variant of ALC269 on Samsung 480 (you can find my working Dummy kext in post #1037).

The binary on github works for me with layout33, but without Mic.

Please let me know what info you need to try to solve my problem.

Thanks guys. 

Hi Everyone,

It's probably dumb question but is it even possible to make this kext working with EMU20K1 series card? I'm tried to find any information about Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI (not PCIex) but there is nothing about.

I've seen there is support for one of simpler Sound Blaster codec so maybe is there chance to make it working. Currently I'm using ALC887 codec but I hear mouse movement noice in background with it.

Kind Regards

Hello Friends,

I would like to get further assistance with getting my audio working. I have an HP Envy 4 1110us from what i have been able to research it seems to be an ALC269 which should be supported by this. I was able to install the kext in my system and in system prefs i can see a built in speakers option as well as my microphone, mic works. I can see the audio bar go up and down as i speak. My issue is i do not get any audio from my speakers =[ I tried modifying DSDT to layout id 12 and patched with IRQ fix but no go. I also saw a reddit mentioning adding the layout id to my clover config. Would that be a better route?? Can you please help provide me with some extra help? Please advise on any information you may require from me, i would really like to have my audio working natively. =]

Would it Help if i provide my DSDT?

Thank You.

1. HP Envy 4 1110us w/ i3-3217u
2. now i think i have IDT 92HD91BXX codec? See attached screenshot.

UPDATE:CodecDump.zip added, please let me know if you need anymore info or files...

CodecDump.zip

post-1217936-0-66882100-1478748304_thumb.jpg

Hi i have an Asus R510V and my codec is ALC255 rev0x0002 , but i have a problem, the mic internal is not working.

I tried last AppleALC and Mirone Patches and mic doesn't work.

External mic works once if i plug it, if i disconnect , then never get work external mic.

Hi i have an Asus R510V and my codec is ALC255 rev0x0002 , but i have a problem, the mic internal is not working.

I tried last AppleALC and Mirone Patches and mic doesn't work.

External mic works once if i plug it, if i disconnect , then never get work external mic.

Use AppleALC with layout 28, report back

• Like 1