AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

I hope I understand what you want but here it is: 

To know what layout to use with a multilayout codec (like ALC269):

Open the kext (Show Contents) > Contents > Plugins > Open PinConfigs.kext (Show Contents) > Contents > Info.plist

You'll find there all supported Codecs and their layout IDs, and check the Name given, mostly it describes the patch used, like on ALC269 with many revisions, you'll see ALC269 VC v1 or VB v2 ... and so on, once you get the one that you use (*mostly* it should have the same name as the patch you used with Mirone or toleda or whatever you used) take note of the layout ID and use it in clover. If it works, it's good, if not try another

ALC275, will try your patch now anyway and btw, all clover patches are disabled now

Of course , cause you dont need to use any applehda patches in clover, applealc patch it for you. So the problem is that i compile AppleALC for 272. Here the variant for alc 275. Try it

AppleALC.kext.zip

• Like 1

Of course , cause you dont need to use any applehda patches in clover, applealc patch it for you. So the problem is that i compile AppleALC for 272. Here the variant for alc 275. Try it

I'm trying it but I get a KP (on both kexts you provided), did you apply the sierra patch? 

I'm trying it but I get a KP (on both kexts you provided), did you apply the sierra patch? 

If you were load it via clover you should boot twice. On first boot you got KP on the second KP disappears.. Magic

PS:So, who installing updated kext with 10.12 support,  please add alc_dbg and keepsyms=1 into yours boot-args to catch what happens while this KP.

• Like 1

No worries. Just need to know the right process.

Hopefully this is what you need.

Update: added one from the X79 as well.

Thanks a lot, we do know the culprit at least. To be honest, I am not sure what happens, but this feels like a continuation of the previous hang.

In my opinion, we should wait for November when XNU sources are released, the patches I made are too indeterministic, and I expect a lot of stuff to change over these betas.

• Like 4

If you were load it via clover you should boot twice. On first boot you got KP on the second KP disappears.. Magic

woah! ok, i had to reboot it 4 times, and the surprise didnt finish here, the audio working now perfectly, but also for some unknown reasons (mostly electronic voodoo magic), my ar3011 (bt) started working mysteriously! thanks

can you tell me what you changed (also notify the developer to add your fix)?

• Like 1

woah! ok, i had to reboot it 4 times, and the surprise didnt finish here, the audio working now perfectly, but also for some unknown reasons (mostly electronic voodoo magic), my ar3011 (bt) started working mysteriously! thanks

can you tell me what you changed (also notify the developer to add your fix)?

I just disabled new nulling patch to enable input/outputs for you

Nothing else

PS: Who installing updated kext with 10.12 support by vit9696,  please add alc_dbg and keepsyms=1 into yours boot-args to catch what happens while this KP's.

• Like 1

I just disabled new nulling patch to enable input/outputs for you

Nothing else

PS: Who installing updated kext with 10.12 support by vit9696,  please add alc_dbg and keepsyms=1 into yours boot-args to catch what happens while this KP's.

THIS! I needed this! 

• Like 1

Please remove "Revisions" key in ALC275's info.plist

I have a different rev of 275, original kext doesn't work. So I remove revisions key, rebuild kext and it's works  ^_^

Clearly revisions are there not for the reason you delete them ^_^, please tell me/Vandroiy the revision you have and it will be added to AppleALC. Different codec revisions may require different patches and layouts, so it was decided to restrict the support to the known list if possible extending it with the new hardware. Actually, see the first message (blue text) and describe your hardware so that we have some kind of a database.

@All

I do believe that the new patch may not be needed for all the codecs in Sierra. Everybody having issues is supposed to report it here or (better) on github so that it does not get lost.

• Like 3

@All

I do believe that the new patch may not be needed for all the codecs in Sierra. Everybody having issues is supposed to report it here or (better) on github so that it does not get lost.

ALC887 its require to zeroing 8A19D411 (198b binpatch Codec only  )

new patch is not for all codec only for 198b binpatch codecs Post #560  

still needs to confirmation for binary patch 

198B - requires it ..

1984 - don't requires it ..

885  - i don't hardware to test ..

then can be  pull request

Alright, I guess this will get known with time :)

possible to have a single plist to add optional zeroing, instead of having all those codecs edited

You could rewrite resource builder an do this, I guess  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Clearly revisions are there not for the reason you delete them ^_^, please tell me/Vandroiy the revision you have and it will be added to AppleALC. Different codec revisions may require different patches and layouts, so it was decided to restrict the support to the known list if possible extending it with the new hardware. Actually, see the first message (blue text) and describe your hardware so that we have some kind of a database.

@All

RevisionID : 0x100005

And here is my report :

1. VAIO VPC-SA

2. Realtek ALC275

3. Layout 3

4. OSX 10.11.5

5. Info.plist.zip

Guys, anyone can fix the sound for ALC1150 for both ElCapitan and Sierra and ALC892 for Sierra only?

I need a fix for ALC1150 for about a week now. NOTHING works. Including AppleALC.kext. And it's important cause it's on my work PC.

Also, how does this kext work? Do I need to build it myself? Or just download a prebuilt one? Cause when I'm trying to build it myself, Xcode says "Build Successful" but I can't find the resulting kext for the love of me.

Guys, anyone can fix the sound for ALC1150 for both ElCapitan and Sierra and ALC892 for Sierra only?

I need a fix for ALC1150 for about a week now. NOTHING works. Including AppleALC.kext. And it's important cause it's on my work PC.

Also, how does this kext work? Do I need to build it myself? Or just download a prebuilt one? Cause when I'm trying to build it myself, Xcode says "Build Successful" but I can't find the resulting kext for the love of me.

Try this download from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?p=2243252

copy it clover kext directory 10.12 or other as you know  is used by all OS 

Make sure have vanilla AppleHDA in S/L/E 

Inject layout_ID as per required like 1150 and 892 has 1,2,3,5,7 select one which suites you best 

Good Luck :)

• Like 1

Try this download from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?p=2243252

copy it clover kext directory 10.12 or other as you know  is used by all OS 

Make sure have vanilla AppleHDA in S/L/E 

Inject layout_ID as per required like 1150 and 892 has 1,2,3,5,7 select one which suites you best 

Good Luck :)

Ok, let's take them one by one. ALC892 + Layout_id=1 -> no go in Sierra.

AppleALC.kext is in Clover/kexts/Other.

Hi guys.

There's something I don't get . I have a working ALC888 on Yos/El Cap using Toleda's patch :

Comment : t1-AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml
Find : 786D6C2E7A6C
Replace : 7A6D6C2E7A6C
Name : AppleHDA
Comment : t1-10.9-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC888
Find : 8B19D411
Replace : 8808EC10
Comment : t1-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...
Find : 8319D411
Replace : 00000000

HDEF Layout ID = 1

From my understanding, it should work with AppleALC.kext using the patch toleda ALC888 in PinConfig.kexts/Contents/info.plist ?

Still, I have no sound even if audio outputs shows in SysPrefs. Isn't the patch supposed to work the same as the one with Clover ?

I've attached codec dumps from Linux if it can help :

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0888
Revision Id: 0x100202

OS X : 10.12 Sierra/EC/Yos

CodecDump.zip

Hi guys.

There's something I don't get . I have a working ALC888 on Yos/El Cap using Toleda's patch :

HDEF Layout ID = 1

From my understanding, it should work with AppleALC.kext using the patch toleda ALC888 in PinConfig.kexts/Contents/info.plist ?

Still, I have no sound even if audio outputs shows in SysPrefs. Isn't the patch supposed to work the same as the one with Clover ?

Hello.

1. Clean (untouched, vanilla) AppleHDA.kext. (Toleda's script modifies it). Replace it.

2. Delete ALL sound patches you mentioned from your config.plist.

3. Delete RealtekALC.kext from EFI/Clover/Kexts

4. Rebuild caches.

5. Put AppleALC.kext into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

6. Reboot.

Hi guys.

HDEF Layout ID = 1

Well, you and me share the same confusion. This is the only thing that doesn't work in El Capitan or Sierra for ALC1150.

I'm using Toleda's patch on the fly for ALC892 on El Capitan. But I don't think that works for Sierra, as well.

So, in a nutshell, this kext didn't work for me with either ALC892 (Sierra) or ALC1150 (El Capitan & Sierra). Even with a fresh new installation, it doesn't make any difference.

@InsanelyDeepak --  re: ALC891  --  Let's continue conversation here so mailbox doesn't fill up :) 

THANK YOU!! :)   & Let me know what you want me to test next.

Summary: my testing finds speakers work with both V1 and V2 of your AppleHDA kexts.

Details & 2 Questions below, I also have IOREG captures from V1 and V2 if  you need ...

== == == == === 

1) Set layout to ID 13 via clover.plist:

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>13</string>

</dict>

System sound I/O config:

Front Headphones

Front Mic

Rear Mic

Rear Speakers

Rear Line In

2) Cannot Test HDMI or SPDIF or Rear Line In, or Front Mic, or Rear Mic

3) AppleHDA V1 & V2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*) Sound Prefs -> output -<> Digital Out, type Optical digital-out port is visible.

*) Music plays in quality comparable to my Windows environment

*) If no sound playing, speakers crackle crackle/pop for ~1/2 second every 2-3 minutes

4) System Information V1 & V2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 13

Line Input:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Headphone:

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Line Input:

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Internal

Speaker:

5) AppleHDA V1

~~~~~~~~~~~

*) Rear Speakers work. Shows as “internal speaker” in Sound Prefs Output window

*) - Front Headphones do not work. 

- Plug in headphones and Sound Prefs Output Window changes from “Internal Speakers -> Built-in” to “Headphones -> Headphone port”

QUESTION: Is this correct OSX behaviour when both speakers AND Headphones are plugged in —> speakers are no longer an output option?

*) Sound Prefs Input Window 

Internal microphone, built-in

Line in, audio line-in port

1) plug in headphones into FRONT Mic:

2) plug in headphones into REAR Mic:

3) plug in headphones into REAR Line In:

Question: Because I have THREE input ports, should there be three entries ?  [ front mic, rear mic, rear line in ] 

6) AppleHDA V2

~~~~~~~~~~~

*) Rear Speakers work. Shows as “internal speaker” in Sound Prefs Output window

*) - Front Headphones do not work. 

- Plug in headphones and Sound Prefs Output Window changes from “Internal Speakers -> Built-in” to “Headphones -> Headphone port”

QUESTION: Is this correct OSX behaviour when both speakers AND Headphones are plugged in —> speakers are no longer an output option?

*) Sound Prefs Input Window 

1) plug in headphones into FRONT Mic:

2) plug in headphones into REAR Mic:

3) plug in headphones into REAR Line In:

Question: Because I have THREE input ports, should there be three entries ?  [ front mic, rear mic, rear line in ]