[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Sapphire R9 280 which works natively as as an amd  70xx card

according to reports of some users runs your graphics card without problems with Clover bootloader on el capitan

If i use y2k4u kernel, i have same error. Use this kernel, no problem for me.

The problem occurs regardless which kernel is used, by that I mean that you have to make sure that no unnecessary drivers in Extra/Extensions, sometimes can already caused a not well patched dsdt these problems.
These experiences I have made in the recent weeks.

look at the video, as you can edit this extraneous data.

sorry spakk i wasn't clear enough i know that the processor details are just cosmetical what i said before is about the graphic bugs on FX, athlon and phenom which have no graphic bugs don't have native ssse3 like the piledriver and buldozer FX, i asked if you guys are still using the ssse3 emulator on the kernels maybe with FX it must be removed or edited because ssse3 is another difference between the no graphic bugs cpus (athlon,phenom) and the bugged FX cpus.

The problem occurs regardless which kernel is used, by that I mean that you have to make sure that no unnecessary drivers in Extra/Extensions, sometimes can already caused a not well patched dsdt these problems.
These experiences I have made in the recent weeks.

okay... no dsdt and kernel opcode error 64 bit ... code. with all kernels happens the same. tried dsdt off and on .... kernelpatcher.dylib erased and unerased... tried graphicsenabler yes and no .... only opcode error 64 bits display . unless i need to inject my amd  hd 5450 kexts... only putting amd hd5450 kexts in extra/extensions folder may work or i need to put someting else?

i think that dsdt patching worked and all i need to do its installing them. its a valid theory lol

Spakk Very good job with USB-Fix! I knew that you or someone else will figure out how to solve that damn issue! When I get some more free time, I'll test it! Thank you again!)))

just for your information, usb-fix work flawlessly on my build, so thank @spakk

• Like 1

now I'm on the right track and El Capitan works and the USB slots work with difficulties .... I have to go every time plug my mouse / keyboard to a different slot otherwise no chance !! I can not find a logical explanation for this problem ...... Internet driver are installed and the system controller is active but no web page will open. Possibly a DNS problem ... I'll work on it tomorrow.

hey spakk... btw thanks for your uploads in the past... USB, sounds like maybe some power management is shutting off the usb ports and not restarting them. ?? just a guess.

sorry spakk i wasn't clear enough i know that the processor details are just cosmetical what i said before is about the graphic bugs on FX, athlon and phenom which have no graphic bugs don't have native ssse3 like the piledriver and buldozer FX, i asked if you guys are still using the ssse3 emulator on the kernels maybe with FX it must be removed or edited because ssse3 is another difference between the no graphic bugs cpus (athlon,phenom) and the bugged FX cpus.

How to disable ssse3 emulator? I can test it.

Which kernel for Yosemite you had so far not had any problems? Then we can compare the difference.

While I investigated the USB problem, I managed a start test without this bug has occurred:

".... com.apple.kpi.private of __KERNEL__, Could not find symbol _xcpm_bios_mbox_cmd_read"

the first test was very promising! So a clean boat without any erroneous message! I will continue to investigate the matter in order to resolve the issue.

I suppose that this bug is coming not only from kernel, Possibly in connection of a driver Caused.

Edit:

In addition, I noticed positively that the USB-fix have prevented the programs crash.

Edit2:

I will report tonight.

Yosemite is no problem (no graphics bugs). I use this kernel.

please write the name of the kernel
  • Like 1

hey spakk... btw thanks for your uploads in the past... USB, sounds like maybe some power management is shutting off the usb ports and not restarting them. ?? just a guess.

Hi Mice Sniper :P, please describe in detail

Use clover 3320 ! Gils has written in one post.

Otherwise, check the GraphicsDrivers in to the info.plist, in how far your vendor ID and device ID is registered, if not registered then edit the Info.plist. (if Enoch bootloader is used)