El Capitan UEFI Clover on Sony Vaio S

johnrey

152 posts in this topic

Ok I've been on 10.12 for a while now (a long while) ad I'm @10.12.4. So here are some advice and notices:

• Update your Clover binary. You can download the lzma package and copy the boot and cloverx64.efi and some additional drivers found in drivers64UEFI.
  • Update your kexts. For AppleALC (which is still working btw!) you will need to download Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext (from the same developer, just explore his github) and put them in clover kext folder as supposed. Should work.
  • if you still have Clover 3k and on 10.12.3, update clover before updating. Same goes if you're on ANY older version. (check first point)
  • For some reason backlight broke for me, I'll update the kext and DSDT and check again. I'll even try IntelBacklight.kext, to see if it's working too.
  • For Trackpad, before upgrading, make your own kext (from source, using Xcode) or update to the latest one, this way it will be recognized correctly on 10.12 and fix many issues. Also, as this should be obvious now for all, ScrLk = Brightness up and Pause = Brightness down, now it's working on many devices the same way. PrtSc will lock the trackpad if clicked on the PS2 keyboard, not an external one.
  • Sometimes (again SOMETIMES), the thing just wont boot up (rarely, and I guess it's a problem from my part as I didnt update the OSx86 software, like clover and drivers). So please backup using TM or CCC or whatever you like.
  • Reinstall CodecCommander. Dont know why, but just do it, if it's working for you, then good for you.
  • Install kexts on L/E, NOT S/L/E, this is easier and wont break your install most of the time.
  • Remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux and use USBInjectAll. <-- I need someone to help me shap this better using SSDTs, but for now it's working fine. May need some special DSDT patching. Dont remove FakePCIID.kext if you're using it with another kext (BCM injection for example).
  • For some reason, I dont see the time left for my battery, and I suspect DSDT patching, as disabling it, will bring it back. WEIRD!

That's all for now. If I remember anything else, I'll add it too!

I sure have some issues now with brightness. Gonna repatch DSDT and test again. Also, sound after sleep has some issues, here is a work around: click on the power button once and the screen will go black, wait 10 secs (the power LED should still be green), click on it again to wake it up and you'll have sound again. If not, redo the same and get a bit more than 10 secs but not higher than 15-20 secs. I'll look into the CodecCommander kext to see how to fix this. Also BT may have some issues after wake from time to time (AR3011 in AR5B195/7 card or similar).

Anyway, it's still WIP but 98% of the OS is working fine. Maybe a full clean install will help but I'm lazy and still have some important work that I dont want to redo again. Maybe later ...  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys this is my first time posting here so sorry if I sound a bit dumb haha but I need some help with os Sierra. I'm on 10.12.5 and I have gotten everything working except for sound and the trackpad. Ive updated my AppleALC and downloaded Lilu.kext, I've tried using VoodooHDA, CodecCommander, and AppleHDA Patcher. For my trackpad I've tried the latest version of VoodooPS2Controller and it hasn't worked. If anyone can please help me I'd really appreciate it. Oh also my brightness control and battery indicator doesn't work either but lets figure my audio and trackpad first  :thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys this is my first time posting here so sorry if I sound a bit dumb haha but I need some help with os Sierra. I'm on 10.12.5 and I have gotten everything working except for sound and the trackpad. Ive updated my AppleALC and downloaded Lilu.kext, I've tried using VoodooHDA, CodecCommander, and AppleHDA Patcher. For my trackpad I've tried the latest version of VoodooPS2Controller and it hasn't worked. If anyone can please help me I'd really appreciate it. Oh also my brightness control and battery indicator doesn't work either but lets figure my audio and trackpad first  :thumbsup_anim:

So basically your computer is pretty much useless on macOS. Anyway, here are some points to check on your build to make it work (and I may add "should make it work" as I, rn, dont have my VAIO but another computer, so I cannot immediatly give you an fix):

1. Are you using a VAIO SVS or similar? (should be the closest to SVS family, SVT and SVP and SA/B/C are not that close, they have their own problems)
  2. Did you really not miss any point of the guide? It's complete and works 1000% of the time, any problem should be in your side
  3. Check that you have the latest Clover binaries, use the LZMA compressed release (it's smaller) and copy bootx64.efi and Cloverx64.efi in their places and update driver64UEFI files (one by one, do not paste the whole folder) and make sure you use the latest stable kexts.
  4. Make sure you have the vanilla config.plist from rehabman (check the guide) and make sure it's named config.plist (you can change the Audio layout injection as stated below)
  5. in clover > kexts folder, you MUST only have one folder named Other (as written here), and contains at least: FakeSMC + VoodooPS2 + Realtek ethernet driver + USBInjectAll. You MAY add these kexts: AppleALC - Lilu - Atheros drivers (built in atheros wifi card if you have it) - FakePCIID kexts - HWInfo - FakeSMC plugins - ACPIBatteryManager - ACPIBrightness - ACPI and any other kexts that the driver developer states possibility to work with clover injection. Kexts that must be on either L/E [Library > Extensions] or S/L/E [system > L > E] (L/E is better for future-proof updates) : DummyHDA (better on SLE) - CodecCommander (better on LE) - VoodooHDA - Patched AppleHDA (only SLE for obvious reasons) - ACPIPoller and any other kext that the developer stated to be stored in SLE or SE. Note: NEVER have a double kext on either of the folders, it may work for some, and it may be also the reason half or all of the other stuff wont work
  6. Audio: DO NOT USE A MIX OF PATCHES. So here are the kexts that should go with each other : [AppleALC + Lilu + CodecCommander + Vanilla AppleHDA] OR [Patched AppleHDA + CodecCommander] OR [DummyHDA + Vanilla AppleHDA + CodecCommander] OR [VoodooHDA + Vanilla AppleHDA/Apple HDA Disabler]* . With either ONE of these configurations, audio should work BUT with a valid Audio Inject in EITHER DSDT or config.plist or SSDT injection (try not to mix them, it may be a hit or miss). I think our Audio injection is 3 for AppleALC (also try 13 and 28 for AppleALC only) or 27 for DummyHDA/PatchedHDA (I'm just giving numbers from memory, check the patcher/patching program for the injection layout). With this, you need to reboot your computer 2 to 3 times for some.
  7. Brightness and Battery are DSDT realted patches and need their respective kexts, check the DSDT part of the guide and make sure you didnt do any typos or anything that may break your installation. At that I cant help as there is nothing to help you with, the guide is really clear, and use the MaciASL patches instead of the command line, it may help you troubleshooting. Also, now on 10.12.4+, it needs some extra care, check the link on the reply above yours.

Hope these 7 points will help you further in your issue.

I didnt try this yet, but I'll check it out, does it work for you?

So basically your computer is pretty much useless on macOS. Anyway, here are some points to check on your build to make it work (and I may add "should make it work" as I, rn, dont have my VAIO but another computer, so I cannot immediatly give you an fix):

1. Are you using a VAIO SVS or similar? (should be the closest to SVS family, SVT and SVP and SA/B/C are not that close, they have their own problems)
  2. Did you really not miss any point of the guide? It's complete and works 1000% of the time, any problem should be in your side
  3. Check that you have the latest Clover binaries, use the LZMA compressed release (it's smaller) and copy bootx64.efi and Cloverx64.efi in their places and update driver64UEFI files (one by one, do not paste the whole folder) and make sure you use the latest stable kexts.
  4. Make sure you have the vanilla config.plist from rehabman (check the guide) and make sure it's named config.plist (you can change the Audio layout injection as stated below)
  5. in clover > kexts folder, you MUST only have one folder named Other (as written here), and contains at least: FakeSMC + VoodooPS2 + Realtek ethernet driver + USBInjectAll. You MAY add these kexts: AppleALC - Lilu - Atheros drivers (built in atheros wifi card if you have it) - FakePCIID kexts - HWInfo - FakeSMC plugins - ACPIBatteryManager - ACPIBrightness - ACPI and any other kexts that the driver developer states possibility to work with clover injection. Kexts that must be on either L/E [Library > Extensions] or S/L/E [system > L > E] (L/E is better for future-proof updates) : DummyHDA (better on SLE) - CodecCommander (better on LE) - VoodooHDA - Patched AppleHDA (only SLE for obvious reasons) - ACPIPoller and any other kext that the developer stated to be stored in SLE or SE. Note: NEVER have a double kext on either of the folders, it may work for some, and it may be also the reason half or all of the other stuff wont work
  6. Audio: DO NOT USE A MIX OF PATCHES. So here are the kexts that should go with each other : [AppleALC + Lilu + CodecCommander + Vanilla AppleHDA] OR [Patched AppleHDA + CodecCommander] OR [DummyHDA + Vanilla AppleHDA + CodecCommander] OR [VoodooHDA + Vanilla AppleHDA/Apple HDA Disabler]* . With either ONE of these configurations, audio should work BUT with a valid Audio Inject in EITHER DSDT or config.plist or SSDT injection (try not to mix them, it may be a hit or miss). I think our Audio injection is 3 for AppleALC (also try 13 and 28 for AppleALC only) or 27 for DummyHDA/PatchedHDA (I'm just giving numbers from memory, check the patcher/patching program for the injection layout). With this, you need to reboot your computer 2 to 3 times for some.
  7. Brightness and Battery are DSDT realted patches and need their respective kexts, check the DSDT part of the guide and make sure you didnt do any typos or anything that may break your installation. At that I cant help as there is nothing to help you with, the guide is really clear, and use the MaciASL patches instead of the command line, it may help you troubleshooting. Also, now on 10.12.4+, it needs some extra care, check the link on the reply above yours.

Hope these 7 points will help you further in your issue.

I didnt try this yet, but I'll check it out, does it work for you?

Haha well I've been using it with a usb mouse so it isn't entirely useless 

But anyway I am using a Vaio SVS actually the exact same spec'ed model you have according to your Yosemite guide. 

I used this guide to get Sierra up and running except using the updated versions of everything and again it worked flawlessly except audio and the trackpad. 

In clover>kexts I have changed the other folder to 10.12. I thought I would have to do that after installation. I will change it to other and see if it works. I will also check for any double kexts.

Thank you for explaining everything very clear to me I will try it now and keep you updated  :)

So I have checked for any double kexts, fixed my kexts folder, and made sure I don't have a mix of patches. No progress. Heres a couple of screenshots of my Library>Extensions and Clover kexts folder, and one of my clover configurator. As you can see there is no option for audio injection 3. I suspect thats the issue. What do you think I should do? 

post-1543659-0-62073100-1496868075_thumb.png

post-1543659-0-87218300-1496868087_thumb.png

So I have checked for any double kexts, fixed my kexts folder, and made sure I don't have a mix of patches. No progress. Heres a couple of screenshots of my Library>Extensions and Clover kexts folder, and one of my clover configurator. As you can see there is no option for audio injection 3. I suspect thats the issue. What do you think I should do?

1) Clover configurator: dont use that, it messes with many properties in the config.plist and overwrite many, use plisyeditor, xcode's plist editor or at least this http://tustin2121.github.io/jsPlistor/

2)Check the guide where to put the injection number for audio.

3) Fix permissions and caches (you may use kext utility app)

1) Clover configurator: dont use that, it messes with many properties in the config.plist and overwrite many, use plisyeditor, xcode's plist editor or at least this http://tustin2121.github.io/jsPlistor/

2)Check the guide where to put the injection number for audio.

3) Fix permissions and caches (you may use kext utility app)

For injection number the guide says to choose number 3 in clover configurator but it doesn't appear for me. Also how am I supposed to fix caches with kextutility if you cant boot without caches in clover for Sierra? I know I'm doing something wrong for my audio but I'm not sure what. Also what could be the issue with my trackpad? I don't see anything wrong with it in my kexts folder. Do I have to change something in my config for Sierra?

• 2 weeks later...

For audio, you'll need to read the instruction in AppleALC's documentation :(

HOT STUFF!

Someone is working on RLT PCIe card readers http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/ 

Can you try it? As I have my vaio's screen broken and need a replacement, so I cant test it. (also if anyone got a link for a cheap replacement, pls hlp. it's 1600x900 TN panel).

HOT STUFF!

Someone is working on RLT PCIe card readers http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/

Can you try it? As I have my vaio's screen broken and need a replacement, so I cant test it. (also if anyone got a link for a cheap replacement, pls hlp. it's 1600x900 TN panel).

I'll give it a shot and post back with the results! Also about your screen I heard you can replace it with some LG displays that are 1080p and a IPS panel. I've been wanting to do it for the longest time but haven't gotten to it.

HOT STUFF!

Someone is working on RLT PCIe card readers http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/ 

Sadly it didn't work ): Guess I'll be using a usb card reader still 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,
Anyone can help me? I'm in the right post ?
I'm on a VPCSB Vaio with Renesas USB ( :| ). It has one port 3.0 and two 2.0
Now my PC seems booting and working "good" with Sierra, but I'm not able to use USB port !
I've tried many kext and at the end I was successful 2 times:
-Only 3.0 port 

-ONE time all port working, but after rebooting noone worked again (and I don't remember what kext I've used)

Now I'm using an HDMI external monitor, due I touched something in DSDT and my internal monitor stay black and not detected. Now is a "secondary" problem

I hope any tipe of suggestion if anyone can help me :wink_anim: 
If you want I can attach my DSDT, SSDT and the ACPI/origin folder of clover

be successful

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all: Thank you for this elaborate guide!

I learned a lot following it.

Just tried it on a Vaio SVS13 (it has only Intel graphics). If anyone has a remark to this one, you are welcome to share.

The installation worked very well (creating boot media, installing, install Clover).

The post installation has a mixed result for me.

With the extraction of native ACPI files I get different ones than shown on the screenshots.  For example there is no SSDT-7.aml for me (maybe this is only available when a dedicated VGA is present, which is not the case for me).

The scripts to patch SSDT and DSDT seem to run. But in the end the power management verification does not give any result.

I repeated the whole manual today.

There is a newer version of Maciasl by RehabMan (downloaded from your link to patchmatic https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/ ). In preferences it can be set to ACPI 6.1 and not 5.1 as mentioned in the manual. If this does not break anything you might change the link to the newer version.

All USB-Ports are working. After sleep the USB2.0 ports don't seem to be working. Have to observe this over time.

Battery life is shown after adding all patches and kexts.

HWMonitor. It only shows the temperature of the harddisk and the percentage of the battery. Correction: it works after putting FakeSMC and the plugins in the clover kexts folder.

HWMonitor shows that speedstep is working :)

Brightness was not working. It worked after deleting the kext and installing it again.

Sound is working. Used this method: http://hackintosher.com/guides/get-hackintosh-audio-working/

1. Download AppleALC and Lilu kexts
  2. Placed them in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13
  3. Open config.plist using Clover Configurator
  4. Click Apci
  5. Verify the HDAS to HDEF patch exists under DSDT -> Patches box.If not click the add “+” button and enter:

HDAS-to-HDEF.png

1. Comment: Rename HDAS to HDEF
      2. Find* [HEX]: 48444153
      3. Replace [HEX]: 48444546
  6. Next click Devices on the left column
  7. Check ResetHDA checkbox
  8. Above Inject you will type in the audio ID number based on what audio codec your motherboard is using you will need to experiment with different numbers if the one is bold doesn’t work for you. For a complete list of supported codecs see AppleALC Supported Codecs

I used Layout 3 as suggested in the guide.

1. Save and close your config.plist file
  2. Restart your Hackintosh

Multitouch on the touchpad works with http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Kext can be installed in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13

Not working so far:

- Bootscreen Glitch is not fixed with either of the Patches. Anyone done that?

- The system seems to be not 100% stable. When playing and exiting starcraft 2 it crashed sometimes. Can also be the game as it showed similar behaviour with windows.

• 2 months later...

I had installed the original version (EC 10.11) and after all the patches everything was working fine. I even had the WiFi card replaced with a compatible one. But...after I upgraded to EC 10.11.6 I have no sound output. All the kexts are loaded and I can see the HDEF@1B when I run IORegistry app, but no output devices when I check the sound in System Preferences. I have applied the patch suggested by the instructions when one upgrades to above EC 10.11.4. 

The only thing I was unable to do is to rebuild the caches after booting without caches because...I can't boot without caches! When I choose this option from Clover boot loader the system stays forever at the end of the line it displays during boot.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem, I mean the sound problem.

thanks

*just to notify you*

Good, I've been using 10.13 for a while now, however, I gave my laptop a family member since I got a new laptop, so I havent been doing much on it. 

Anyways, here is things to be changed about the guide on OP:

- for Audio : AppleALC + Lilu + Inject = 3 in clover (no need for HDAS DSDT renaming) + UseIntelHDMI to get HDMI audio + Either ResetHDA or CodecCommander (I recommend CodecCommander)

- for brightness : Check Rehabman's guide  on AppleBrightnessInjector (simple: 1 kexts to be put in /Library/Extensions + Clover patch + a generic SSDT in rehabman's repo) guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

- for USB 2.0: use USBInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC (check rehabman's guide, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/).If I have some time, I may make you a correct SSDT (do it yourself first).

- for Nvidia: New way to disable it from config.plist alone or via a generic SSDT https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

- for DSDT: again, if I have some time, maybe I'll make some SSDTs for 100% hotpatch for this VAIO, may need tweaking for some models

- for stability: myeah, it's usually HS's issue, HS has been a mess of instability and sadness. Try Sierra and see the results for yourself and tell us here.

- for boot glitch: I've read that IntelGraphicsFixUp fixes it, but this kext is to be used with 4th gen iGPU, test it and give feedback (will not break anything, if it doesnt affect anything, it's fine, just remove it then, to be used with Lilu too)

- for kexts: I recommend you to put all your injected kexts in kexts > Other, and remove the 10.XX folders as there may be some injection issues, or simply paste all your kexts in /Library/Extensions, then run in terminal:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /L*/E*; sudo chmod -R 755 /L*/E*; sudo kextcache -i /

then reboot.

Hello everyone, here I leave a theme for Clover Bootloader, exclusive for SONY VAIO.

I hope you like it.

screenshot.png

NOIIICE! I liek! I'll make one too for my Thinkpad!

• Like 1

help, I have problems with some keys on my VAIO are the following keys ( º + ª ) are changed by ( > + < ), Someone has that problem.

I am using the Kexts VoodooPS2Controller.kexts and VooodooPS2Controller.kexts.dSYM, Installed in SLE.

this installation is correct, there is no other possibility.

Thank you

I have a Sony Vaio SVS13A1S9ES (6GB RAM, 750GB HDD and replaced DVD player with a caddy for SSD and installed 128GD SSD). Replaced original PCIe WiFI/Bluetooth half-mini card with AzureWave AW-CE123H.

Installed OS X/macOS onto 128GB SSD.

I had successfully installed El Capitan and updated it to 10.11.6. After the update a fix for audio was needed and everything worked fine.

The I upgraded to macOS Sierra and upgraded it to 10.12.6. What was not working after the upgrade: Audio, WiFi and had boot screen glitch.

How to fix them.

Audio: Delete CodecCommander.kext and reinstall it into L/E. Download latest Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext  and place them into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Devices Inject layout ID = 3.

Uncheck (if checked) ResetHDA.

In Clover at Acpi check AddDTGP and FixHDA.

Place (if not already there) the AppleHDA patches into Clover KextsToPatch tab as per instructions.

Insert (if not already there) the proper patches for HDMA into Clover KextsToPatch tab.

WiFi: Download (if missing from previous OS X installation) FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kextBrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and place them into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Place into Clover KextsToPatch tab the following patches.

Name: AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 4183fcff 742c48

Replace: 66c70647 52eb2b (47 52 is for Greece, for other countries one needs to find the proper code, follow the instructions)

Name: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

Find: 81f952aa 00007529 

Replace: 81f952aa 00006690 

Name: IOBluetoothFamily

Find: 4885ff74 47488b07 

Replace: 41be0f00 0000eb44 

Second stage boot graphics glitch: Download IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and place it into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Also keep the patches regarding the glitch fix that were placed in Clover KextsToPatch tab when one installed El Capitan. I don't know if they are needed but I kept them.

In Clover go to System Parameters and set Inject Kexts = Yes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

As I have already reported before, I had a successful installation of El Capitan, later upgraded to Sierra macOS 10.12.6 (Sony Vaio SVS13A1S9ES , 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD and replaced DVD player with a caddy for SSD and installed 128GD SSD, replaced original PCIe WiFI/Bluetooth half-mini card with AzureWave AW-CE123H, installed OS X/macOS onto 128GB SSD). With the proper modifications (reported on a comment above following the instructions posted by the guy of the original article) everything was working fine for months.

Suddenly, 2 to 3 days ago, at some point I closed the lid of the laptop (something that I had done dozens of times before) to go away and continue my work later. When I got back and opened the lid, the screen was black (normal) and I pressed the right arrow to get the display on again. NOTHING happened! No matter what I did it kept being black. So, I long-pressed the power button to turn the laptop off and try again. The bootloader Clover loaded fine and I selected Sierra for booting. The system started booting, the little apple logo appeared and withing 2 or 3 seconds, while on first stage (the progress line started filling up) the screen started dimming until it was completely black! The system continued booting (I could see the disk light flickering) and continued like that for a long time, but the display never got alive. The system continued "booting" until I got tired and powered off the system again to try again.

I pressed several key combinations (Fn + Prt Sc, Fn + Pause, Fn + F6, Fn + Insert, etc) trying to control the brightness, but nothing changed.

I tried power off and power on several times but it kept doing the same thing. Starts booting, gets into the firsts stage, displays apple logo and progress line and then the screen dims until it becomes black.

The strange thing is that it does the same thing even when I try to boot from external Sierra 10.12.6 cloned USB disks. The same happens not only with cloned Sierra external USB disk, but with an older El Capitan cloned USB external disk!

I am stuck!

Anybody has any idea of what happen? or how I can fix it, short of reinstalling El Capitan as per original article and go through the whole ordeal again?

UPDATE June 25, 2018

EMERGENCY brightness solution (screen dimming during first stage boot)

1. Connect an external monitor or TV through the laptop's HDMI port.
  2. Boot the system up and login. You will not probably see the login prompt but it's OK, just type in your password and press Enter. The system will boot into the normal macOS desktop. You'll have to wait for some time and press the mouse (it's better if you connect an external mouse) until you get the cursor shown on the screen.
  3. To see the dock you must take the cursor to the bottom of the screen and juggle it up and down. Then the dock will appear. The other thing you'll notice is that you cannot see the Finder window opening when you press on the icon on the dock. You must right-click on the Finder icon and select "All Desktops". Do the same for Safari, or other Applications.
  4. Run Clover Configurator
  5. Mount EFI partition
  6. Using Finder go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other
  7. Copy ACPIBacklight.kext to your home directory (for safekeeping in case it's needed again)
  8. Delete (move to Trash) the kext ACPIBacklight.kext
  9. Unmount EFI partition 

Reboot

Edited by spyroskor