El Capitan UEFI Clover on Sony Vaio S

johnrey

152 posts in this topic

I found lately this AppleALC kext, and it's amazing! Put it in Clover > Kexts > Other, install CodecCommander, use Inject=3 and done! no KextToPatch patches and no Dummy, the Kext does that already! I tried it on 10.11.3, then updated to .4 and now .5 and it's still working :D

Link to the thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-%E2%80%94-dynamic-applehda-patching/

Link to Github for download: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Thankfully, ALC275 was already supported :3

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

EXPERIMENTAL

So hey there, been a while! 

So I've successfully booted macOS Sierra DP1 and it's kinda good and toooo buggy as expected from a newly released OS. The installation is simple and I'll be sharing it with you here.

:excl: Disclamer :excl:

I, or anyone else on this forum, are not taken in responsibility for any harm happened to your device/data/materials/your belongings/... By following this guide you agree to take all the responsibility for your actions. This is highly experimental material, may harm, but it shouldn't, and if it did, you did it!

This is for people with experience, I'll be putting some known OSx86 jargon like CIM and BaseSystem method. If you don't know this, either stop here, or google that your self and look in the forums. :)

:excl: End of Disclamer :excl:

So what you need is: 

• a working 10.11 machine
  • an optional USB drive of 8GB (optional, but may be needed if you are doing this from another computer)
  • at least 20GB free on space left (this should be left even after downloading the OS X installer, make sure you have plenty of space left on your laptop!!)
  • patience

I'll be doing this from my VAIO S laptop directly, if you're using some external device, please try to do some analogy and give it a shot.

Before starting, here are some bugs and problems you may face when suing Sierra DP1

• Many apps may crash, hang or just wont do their work (like Clover Configurator [crash] and telegram [just hangs while spinning the loading wheel]...)
  • Don't expect a good battery life, even if in my tests it wasnt that different but do not take it as granted
  • This is an experimental OS, DO NOT USE IT AS YOUR DAILY DRIVER OS, well unless you have some balls of steel, then you can, I have no physical power over you
  • The touchpad driver we'll be using is total {censored}! Too bad VoodooPS2 causes KP, hoping for RM to fix it (dont get your hopes high on this yet, he may even release a new version until the final OS release!). The kyb doesn't have working Fn keys, and Alt and Win button are swapped!
  • The touchpad prefpan is broken [still needs confirmation] CONFIRMED, RM said he *may* start working on a prefpan, that would be totally gr8!

Everything else is working ok-ish.

okey let's start!

1. Get some patched material!
    1. patched AppleALC for 10.12 (we'll be using this instead of DummyHDA) 
    2. patched Clover for 10.12 booting (taken from the pkg here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-517?do=findComment&comment=2242991 )
    3. A crappy PS2 driver for Synaptics (whereas on ELAN it's the best) not anymore 
    4. Latest Rehabman's FakeSMC (google)
  2. Get your copy of DP1 (sorry wont be posting links, forum rules)
  3. Choose your pill:
    1. Old fashioned "make a partition, make cim, install as you would" (I wont be discussing this, but make sure you use the correct Clover procedure, the other stuff is common knowledge)
    2. Experiment labtop (pun intended) where you'll make a dmg with OS X installed in, just restore it to any partition (I'll be explaining this one only)
  4. Make clover great again:
    1. Download the patched clover file, mount EFI (diskutil mount diskXs1, where X is your boot drive, usually 0), copy it under Clover folder
    2. Rename the previously downloaded file to BOOTX64.EFI and copy it to /EFI/BOOT folder (note 1: use this if Clover is your main EFI booter. note 2: it will replace any file named BOOTX64.EFI, make a backup of it)
    3. Go to Clover > kexts, make a folder named 10.12, copy all kexts from Other (that's what your should be normally using if you're following johnrey's guide) to the 10.12 folder, open 10.12, remove VoodooPS2-FakeSMC-AppleALC (if found). Copy the patched kexts above there.
  5. Let's AutoDMG
    1. Ok as you can see, use the link above, you'll get it once there
    2. Open AutoDMG
    3. Open <your OS X partition>/System/Library/CoreServices, locate SystemVersion.plist, duplicate it and rename it to SystemVersion.orig
    4. Open SystemVerison.plist (use sublime text or text edit) and replace everything with this: 
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
      <plist version="1.0">
      <dict>
      	<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
      	<string>16A201w</string>
      	<key>ProductCopyright</key>
      	<string>1983-2016 Apple Inc.</string>
      	<key>ProductName</key>
      	<string>Mac OS X</string>
      	<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
      	<string>10.12</string>
      	<key>ProductVersion</key>
      	<string>10.12</string>
      </dict>
      </plist>
    5. Save and go back to AutoDMG
    6. Drag the OS X 10.12 installer app on AutoDMG window and let it analyse
    7. Hit Install and choose where to put the target dmg, let it install and wait (and this is why 20 GB of free disk on your os x partition is needed)
  6. Once done, restore the partition inside the dmg to whatever partition you like : internal HDD/SSD or external one, DO NOT USE USB AS THEY ARE SLOW AF! here is a quick how to:
    1. if you're using the ported yosemite disk utility, it's easy
    2. if not, open the Disk Utility
    3. Mount the dmg file (skip verification)
    4. Select your target partition NOT THE SOURCE
    5. Hit Edit (top bar) and then Restore
    6. Choose the SOURCE partitions (it should be named Macintosh HD) and then hit Resore
    7. You may need to restore it a second time (mostly the first time will *fail* but it did not, it just didnt copy the recovery partition)
  7. Here, once done restoring, go back to CoreServices folder, remove the SystemVersion.plist and rename SystemVersion.orig to .plist
  8. Reboot
  9. Enjoy :)

Hope I helped, and thanks to all people who helped in this quick advance in macOS Sierra install

Notes:

• DO NOT USE THIS OS TO DO YOUR WORK NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON (unless you're looking for bug or whatnot)
  • It may be hella sluggish! even on SSDs!
  • Bluetooth on some chipsets may not work (BCM devices) as the kext responsible of firmware uplaoding needs further fixing, while some of you who may have AR3011 (included in AR5B195 or AR5B197 wifi chips) may work (confirmed but not very sure)
  • Use a usb/bt mouse PLEASE, the driver sux so much that I may only applause the dev for making pinch-to-zoom (which only replace Ctrl++) You may use your touchpad too! but yeah!

Some screenshots:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%201.45.3

Siri

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%201.45.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%201.45.5

Notification Center

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%201.48.4

Bluetooth

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%201.46.2

Some additions for a better OS experience:

• Disabling SIP
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Open terminal
    • type in 
      csrutil disable
    • Reboot
  • Enable "Anywhere" under Security and Privacy to allow foreign/unsigned apps
    • open terminal
    • type in 
      sudo spctl  --master-disable
    • Done

Enjoy :D

• Like 2

Hi, guys!

I have a some problems with sound on my Vaio. He has a ALC275 sound card. I use native AppleHDA, put AppleALC in /CLOVER/Kexts/Other, Inject=3 through Clover and installed CodecCommander, patches to Clover named "AppleHDA #1 of 3", "AppleHDA #2 of 3", "Disable the new codec 0x11D41983 (El Capitan)" (I think it doesn't matter with AppleALC) and anything works after normal start but... after waking up sound works incorrectly.

Without CodecCommander: 

After waking up [normal waking up, orange led flashing]: sound is in headphones only, but speakers doesn't play.

After waking up [after first 10 seconds, green led still lights]: sound is also in headphones only, but speakers are mute.

With CodecCommander:

After waking up [normal waking up, orange led flashing]: sound is also in headphones only and speakers are mute.

After waking up [after first 10 seconds, green led still lights] there are no sound anywhere and CodecCommander doesn't work as it should.

Do you know where can be a problem? What am I doing wrong?

Hi, guys!

I have a some problems with sound on my Vaio. He has a ALC275 sound card. I use native AppleHDA, put AppleALC in /CLOVER/Kexts/Other, Inject=3 through Clover and installed CodecCommander, patches to Clover named "AppleHDA #1 of 3", "AppleHDA #2 of 3", "Disable the new codec 0x11D41983 (El Capitan)" (I think it doesn't matter with AppleALC) and anything works after normal start but... after waking up sound works incorrectly.

Without CodecCommander:

After waking up [normal waking up, orange led flashing]: sound is in headphones only, but speakers doesn't play.

After waking up [after first 10 seconds, green led still lights]: sound is also in headphones only, but speakers are mute.

With CodecCommander:

After waking up [normal waking up, orange led flashing]: sound is also in headphones only and speakers are mute.

After waking up [after first 10 seconds, green led still lights] there are no sound anywhere and CodecCommander doesn't work as it should.

Do you know where can be a problem? What am I doing wrong?

Try this: put the computer to sleep, power it up and leave it until it shows the desktop, test the sound. if it goes to sleep again, power it up, hit any button after some seconds (after 10 secs) check the sound.

Do these and write a feedback.

@johnrey did you try the patches i sent to you?

Try this: put the computer to sleep, power it up and leave it until it shows the desktop, test the sound. if it goes to sleep again, power it up, hit any button after some seconds (after 10 secs) check the sound.

Do these and write a feedback.

Unfortunately, sound doesn't work. CodecCommander is installed. I did everything as you said. There is no sound from the speakers, but from the headphones it is.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

Sorry to bother everyone with my problems but I need some help ^^

It's my first Hackintosh :) I have a SVS1511A4E

I can't do the step "Patching DSDT & SSDTs" because the computer will not boot on the SSD after that.

I end with a black screen starting with "panic" and "Unable to find driver for this platform......blabla". If I boot with the USB key then delete the patched DSDT in Clover, it will restart normally without any problem. FIXED WITH DOING IT IN MANUAL MODE

If that can help you :

• I also can't patch SSDT-2 because it does not exist after using the automated patch. The two .DSL I have are DSDT and SLIC
  • I can't use the kext from the USB step : my USB ports will not work anymore if I use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext so I removed them FIXED
  • I have no sound, but I followed all steps in the Audio step. I also done the "Additional steps" :/ FIXED

Anything I can do ? ^^

Thanks !

Hi !

Sorry to bother everyone with my problems but I need some help ^^

It's my first Hackintosh :) I have a SVS1511A4E

I can't do the step "Patching DSDT & SSDTs" because the computer will not boot on the SSD after that.

I end with a black screen starting with "panic" and "Unable to find driver for this platform......blabla". If I boot with the USB key then delete the patched DSDT in Clover, it will restart normally without any problem. FIXED WITH DOING IT IN MANUAL MODE

If that can help you :

• I also can't patch SSDT-2 because it does not exist after using the automated patch. The two .DSL I have are DSDT and SLIC
  • I can't use the kext from the USB step : my USB ports will not work anymore if I use FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext so I removed them
  • I have no sound, but I followed all steps in the Audio step. I also done the "Additional steps" :/

Anything I can do ? ^^

Thanks !

for the USB try to leave it plugged in, and try to patch the DSDT again, and for the sound, try applealc.

for the USB try to leave it plugged in, and try to patch the DSDT again, and for the sound, try applealc.

I tried for the USB : same problem but they are working so I don't understand why I should patch them ?

For the audio : even with AppleALC. I don't have sound, I have a Realtek ALC275, maybe that's the problem ?

Thank you :)

Hi !

Is there any way to enable sensors ? I can only see the SSD temperature, nothing about the CPU.

Also, the SSD/cpu temp seems to be higher than on WIndows. I can't confirm without sensors, but the computer is hotter when I touch it.

Thx ;)

Hi !

Is there any way to enable sensors ? I can only see the SSD temperature, nothing about the CPU.

Also, the SSD/cpu temp seems to be higher than on WIndows. I can't confirm without sensors, but the computer is hotter when I touch it.

Thx ;)

Download the latest hwsensors ( http://www.hwsensors.com ) choose binaries package and copy the plugin kexts (ACPI CPU...) to the clover's kext folder (Other) and reboot.

• Like 1

Download the latest hwsensors ( http://www.hwsensors.com ) choose binaries package and copy the plugin kexts (ACPI CPU...) to the clover's kext folder (Other) and reboot.

Thx ! I'll try. Actually I'm dissasembling it to clean the dust and change the thermal paste :) It will be better ^^

Ps : I had an Atheros Wifi card inside a OLD computer so.. I replaced the Intel one : I have Wifi  :w00t:

• Like 1

Nice. Tell us if you see any improvements. The laptop can get really hot and loud sometimes.

Actually it makes no visible difference.

Air temperature is 30°c in my apartment so its hard to keep a CPU at low temp x)

VAIO CPU (i7 3632qm) temp is 52-55°c idle so the fan will stay ON every time, 70-75°c in full charge (100% cpu).

To compare, my desktop CPU (i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz) is running at 45°c idle but with a ultramegagigafat ventirad. So the temps on the laptop seems to be nice even if the laptop is hot and noisy.

• 2 weeks later...

What's not working?

• Discrete graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce 640M uses NVIDIA Optimus for dual-configuration which is not supported the same way on OS X.

If you can patch the BIOS, you will be able to access the extended menu. There you can change the VGA Switching Policy from Dynamic or Auto to Static.

Then, before powering on the computer, put the slider on the desired position (SPEED/STAMINA) and the corresponding graphic card will be the only one visible by the operating system.

I have a Sony Vaio VPC-Z13 and did that, so now I'm running OSX Yosemite with nVidia Geforce GT 330m. The downside of that, is that can't adjust the brightness (backlight), either with Fn buttons or with the brightness slider, which is not present in System Settings.

• Like 1

Cleaned and backed up my files.

I'm ready to attempt this again!

- If I want to dualboot windows, I simply create 2 partitions on my ssd?

(going with a fresh formatted drive, last time, I kept the orignal partition that came from sony)

- For the audio, I go with AppleALC and not AppleHDA? Which ones is the cleanest one? (less hacky one)

- Rehabman published a guide in 2015 for disabling discrete card, it should still work right?

Thank you!

Cleaned and backed up my files.

I'm ready to attempt this again!

- If I want to dualboot windows, I simply create 2 partitions on my ssd?

(going with a fresh formatted drive, last time, I kept the orignal partition that came from sony)

- For the audio, I go with AppleALC and not AppleHDA? Which ones is the cleanest one? (less hacky one)

- Rehabman published a guide in 2015 for disabling discrete card, it should still work right?

Thank you!

1) GOOD LUCK

2) Clean hdd/sdd, good start, but here is the trick: Intall OS X first then Windows. How? When you're on the installer's disk utility, make 2 HFS+ partitions (add a 3rd one for shared data, optional) AND DO NOT FORMAT IT TO FAT32, LEAVE IT HFS+, once done, install os x and set it up then install windows. In windows installer make sure you choose the partition that DOES NOT have a 615 MB partition after it, because it's osx's recover and the partiton prior it is the os x system (quite obvious).

3) AppleALC, applehda patching will be deprecated in the near future.

4) Link please.

5) GOOD LUCK!

If you can patch the BIOS, you will be able to access the extended menu. There you can change the VGA Switching Policy from Dynamic or Auto to Static.

Then, before powering on the computer, put the slider on the desired position (SPEED/STAMINA) and the corresponding graphic card will be the only one visible by the operating system.

I have a Sony Vaio VPC-Z13 and did that, so now I'm running OSX Yosemite with nVidia Geforce GT 330m. The downside of that, is that can't adjust the brightness (backlight), either with Fn buttons or with the brightness slider, which is not present in System Settings.

Here is the problem: BIOS.

Also, i've done some research and apparently you must not let it disable the HD4000 as it's the "bridge" from Nvidia to any port (VGA HDMI LVDS) and also, no known flashback way on our VAIOs. If you know yours tell me so that I give it a try brefore flashing a Patched bios (just to try a clean one at least, it should not be of any harm).

• Like 1

Here's the link... I don't know if I can post it here but.. mods can remove it (sry if I shouldn't have done that)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

I can't boot my installer (made from your guide midi.. it doesn't detect the mac osx installer)

(its starting well lol)

Edit : my HFSPlus was corrupted. Its booting fine now ;)

This website doesn't work well on Firefox for Android (buttons aren't clickable)

Here is the problem: BIOS.

Also, i've done some research and apparently you must not let it disable the HD4000 as it's the "bridge" from Nvidia to any port (VGA HDMI LVDS) and also, no known flashback way on our VAIOs. If you know yours tell me so that I give it a try brefore flashing a Patched bios (just to try a clean one at least, it should not be of any harm).

Which exact model is yours?

SVS13A290X. For the bios version, i cant check atm im using the computer.

Here I have a SVS1511a4E with R0142C5 bios

Same as midi, I never found a modded bios.  :(

There's a BIOS mod for the R0142C5:

It increases the base clock 500 MHz of the GT640M LE to one of these:

• 625MHz
  • 735MHz
  • 835MHz
  • 950MHz

Sony Vaio S Bios Mod For Gt640m Le

At least you can check if it works for you, so it means that the BIOS is patcheable. In any case, it's not advisable to leave the card overclocked all the time, just use it to test if works. About displaying the advanced menu, didn't find it yet, doesn't mean that doesn't exist.