Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

I haven't had much luck, however:

PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1

These errors on start-up seem to indicate -something- is loading. (Though this is likely the ASMEDIA controller not the 100 series controller?)

The asus z170-deluxe also happens to have a built in ASMEDIA 1061 sata controller, if I can get the usb 3.1 controller to work this might be a home run.

I haven't had much luck, however:

PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1

These errors on start-up seem to indicate -something- is loading. (Though this is likely the ASMEDIA controller not the 100 series controller?)

The asus z170-deluxe also happens to have a built in ASMEDIA 1061 sata controller, if I can get the usb 3.1 controller to work this might be a home run.

You can see it at windows, get into windows system. Look for XHC or USB Device at Device manager.

What about vendor id?? 8086 for Intel XHC Controller and 1033 for Asmedia :D

Until now, i can't activate my USB 3.0 port. My USB Bluetooth and A4Tech HD Camera are detected at USB System Properties, but i won't work. I don't know why =))

Until now, i can't activate my USB 3.0 port. My USB Bluetooth and A4Tech HD Camera are detected at USB System Properties, but i won't work. I don't know why =))

Thats super strange that it would detect devices but not work...

You can see it at windows, get into windows system. Look for XHC or USB Device at Device manager.

What about vendor id?? 8086 for Intel XHC Controller and 1033 for Asmedia :D

Here's my deviceids just 'cause:

USB:

ASMEDIA usb3.1 XHCI: VEN_1B21&DEV_1242&SUBSYS_86751043

Intel XHCI usb: VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_86941043

SATA:

ASMEDIA 1061: VEN_1B21&DEV_0612&SUBSYS_858D1043

100 series sata: VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_86941043

The asmedia usb & raid should both be working in osx, from my research, but they're not. I tried writing an el capitan installer to a SATA drive and booting off that using the 1061 controller, but got the same classic "waiting on root device" crash. My next guess was that it's not enumerating pci devices correctly, however that doesn't seem to be the case (it indicates devices are detected during pci configuration)

The internet says the ASMEDIA sata requires 3rd_party_sata injection, I'm going to try manually adding the device ids to AppleAHCIPort (using the kext with clover doesn't seem to work)

Anyway, I feel like I'm really close to success, sorry for cluttering up your thread, I should probably make my own soon.

Thats super strange that it would detect devices but not work...

Here's my deviceids just 'cause:

USB:

ASMEDIA usb3.1 XHCI: VEN_1B21&DEV_1242&SUBSYS_86751043

Intel XHCI usb: VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_86941043

SATA:

ASMEDIA 1061: VEN_1B21&DEV_0612&SUBSYS_858D1043

100 series sata: VEN_8086&DEV_A102&SUBSYS_86941043

The asmedia usb & raid should both be working in osx, from my research, but they're not. I tried writing an el capitan installer to a SATA drive and booting off that using the 1061 controller, but got the same classic "waiting on root device" crash. My next guess was that it's not enumerating pci devices correctly, however that doesn't seem to be the case (it indicates devices are detected during pci configuration)

The internet says the ASMEDIA sata requires 3rd_party_sata injection, I'm going to try manually adding the device ids to AppleAHCIPort (using the kext with clover doesn't seem to work)

Anyway, I feel like I'm really close to success, sorry for cluttering up your thread, I should probably make my own soon.

No problem,,, it' ok :D

We can talk about Skylake on El Capitan here, I don't know why all of Internal USB Port, Sata Ports, and Video Graphics have problem :(

1. USB Ports are not detected (Intel Controller) USB Ports are not function normally,, it's detected my usb bluetooth and usb webcam but can't be run and for external USB Storage (flashdisk and external hardrive) it's completely not detected.

2. Internal Sata Ports are not detected (Intel Controller) Internal Sata Ports are detected but "UNKNOWN" for Harddrive that connected to it

3. My GTX960 at PCI-e X16 got freeze when i open Media browser, video, or anything that required high graphics performance. It will freeze for 5 sec then normal again. :(

Edited by andreszerocross

We can talk about Skylake on El Capitan here, I don't know why all of Internal USB Port, Sata Ports, and Video Graphics have problem :(

1. USB Ports are not detected (Intel Controller) USB Ports are not function normally,, it's detected my usb bluetooth and usb webcam but can't be run and for external USB Storage (flashdisk and external hardrive) it's completely not detected.

2. Internal Sata Ports are not detected (Intel Controller) Internal Sata Ports are detected but "UNKNOWN" for Harddrive that connected to it

3. My GTX960 at PCI-e X16 got freeze when i open Media browser, video, or anything that required high graphics performance. It will freeze for 5 sec then normal again. :(

But your external usb and sata are working without freezes? I was thinking maybe there is something wrong with the pcie controller, but if your usb/sata cards are fine that can be ruled out.

It's very strange that I still can't get my asmedia 1061 sata controller working, seeing as it apparently does work with el capitan (your external sata is the same chipset?)

But your external usb and sata are working without freezes? I was thinking maybe there is something wrong with the pcie controller, but if your usb/sata cards are fine that can be ruled out.

It's very strange that I still can't get my asmedia 1061 sata controller working, seeing as it apparently does work with el capitan (your external sata is the same chipset?)

Yes, my external USB and PCI Cards are work normally :D

I think so,, it looks PCI-e Controller or anything related to it

So, I was successfully able to boot the installer, using the ASMEDIA 1061 sata controller (El capitan installer on SATA drive)

But obviously, I was unable to do anything once I got there, because -none- of the usb ports work (so no keyboard and mouse) I looked into getting a NEC usb2.0 card but I only have pcie 1x slots (no PCI). I've got a NEC usb3.0 card but I heard it doesn't work with el capitan? Damn the usb stack changes...

This motherboard does have a built in compatible broadcom bluetooth controller though, maybe I can do this with a bluetooth keyboard... I'm not sure how to pair a bluetooth keyboard in the installer though.

So, I was successfully able to boot the installer, using the ASMEDIA 1061 sata controller (El capitan installer on SATA drive)

But obviously, I was unable to do anything once I got there, because -none- of the usb ports work (so no keyboard and mouse) I looked into getting a NEC usb2.0 card but I only have pcie 1x slots (no PCI). I've got a NEC usb3.0 card but I heard it doesn't work with el capitan? Damn the usb stack changes...

This motherboard does have a built in compatible broadcom bluetooth controller though, maybe I can do this with a bluetooth keyboard... I'm not sure how to pair a bluetooth keyboard in the installer though.

How can you activate internal sata port?? How about another sata port by Intel Controller?? Is it working too?

How can you activate internal sata port?? How about another sata port by Intel Controller?? Is it working too?

None of the intel sata ports are working :( just the 2 ports from my motherboard's secondary controller (ASM1601). I edited AppleAHCIPort manually to add it's device id.

Going to buy one of these, screw it. I can't stand windows any longer! (FL1009, compatible OOB)

None of the intel sata ports are working :( just the 2 ports from my motherboard's secondary controller (ASM1601). I edited AppleAHCIPort manually to add it's device id.

Going to buy one of these, screw it. I can't stand windows any longer! (FL1009, compatible OOB)

I know how you feel bro - I ended up doing the same (but I got a PCI to USB 2.0 one). Literally installed it a second ago together with the second SATA controller, but the nVidia driver is somehow stopping the system from booting. I'll reinstall with a clean 10.11.1 and I'll see if it works.

Any ideas if we can get the Intel LAN working? I've got the Intel I219V one - maybe I'll be able to piggyback it on the I218 driver.

• Like 1

I know how you feel bro - I ended up doing the same (but I got a PCI to USB 2.0 one). Literally installed it a second ago together with the second SATA controller, but the nVidia driver is somehow stopping the system from booting. I'll reinstall with a clean 10.11.1 and I'll see if it works.

Any ideas if we can get the Intel LAN working? I've got the Intel I219V one - maybe I'll be able to piggyback it on the I218 driver.

I've got intel i219v aswell, haven't had any chance to try getting it working yet, but I heard AppleIGB works with it with injected device ids. (I could be wrong, I haven't looked into it at all)

Good luck and write back, im also curious how you progress.

I've got intel i219v aswell, haven't had any chance to try getting it working yet, but I heard AppleIGB works with it with injected device ids. (I could be wrong, I haven't looked into it at all)

Good luck and write back, im also curious how you progress.

Will do and thanks. 

nVidia have released drivers for 10.10.1 - have you tried them yet? http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/93460/en-us

It seems intel i219 is supported by AppleIntelE1000e: http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/

Which gave me an idea... I -think- I can install el capitan to my hdd via virtualbox using "VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk", enable remote access (VNC,) then boot into the system normally. I should then be able to pair my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. *crosses fingers*

Unless someone knows how to pair bluetooth devices in the installer, that would make this process a lot easier.

Will do and thanks. 

nVidia have released drivers for 10.10.1 - have you tried them yet? http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/93460/en-us

i have tried it,, but still same issue ""NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)"

i have tried it,, but still same issue ""NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)"

I can't even get to it. I installed them but the moment I try to boot with nvda_drv=1 I get a black screen and the system hangs.

Finally got it running by removing the predefined config from the AppleGraphicsControl. 

I've got an EVGA 980Ti, but I'm seeing the same error when I try to do something GPU intensive - "NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)". 

I've also noticed that when I try to change the resolution it takes about a minute and it logs me out - but it does change it in the end. 

It seems intel i219 is supported by AppleIntelE1000e: http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/

Which gave me an idea... I -think- I can install el capitan to my hdd via virtualbox using "VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk", enable remote access (VNC,) then boot into the system normally. I should then be able to pair my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. *crosses fingers*

Unless someone knows how to pair bluetooth devices in the installer, that would make this process a lot easier.

I tried something similar when I didn't have my USB card - but because I was booting in Safe mode - it always required a password. Have you got a macbook or another mac? You can install the whole system there and do the post-install procedure and finally - create an apple automator script to pair the keyboard and add it to the login items. No idea if it's going to work though. 

As a side note - I just enabled the AppleIntelE1000e.kext but it doesn't seem to work. 

• Like 2

I tried something similar when I didn't have my USB card - but because I was booting in Safe mode - it always required a password. Have you got a macbook or another mac? You can install the whole system there and do the post-install procedure and finally - create an apple automator script to pair the keyboard and add it to the login items. No idea if it's going to work though. 

As a side note - I just enabled the AppleIntelE1000e.kext but it doesn't seem to work.

That's unfortunate, AppleIntelE1000e.kext does have the device ids (8086,15b8) I guess it's not el capitan compatible. Bummer :(

An automater script you say? I've never actually used automater, would it be able to connect to a wifi network aswell? I happen to have working broadcom wifi, guess I've got some googling to do.

Looks like its even easier for wifi: http://magp.ie/2012/07/09/mac-osx-shell-script-to-automate-connecting-to-wifi-network/

• Like 1

May i ask, How do you add it's device id (ASM1601) to AppleAHCIPort? Which part? thanks.

May i ask, How do you add it's device id (ASM1601) to AppleAHCIPort? Which part? thanks.

Edited AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/info.plist, added the following to the "IOKitPersonalities" dict:

<key>ASMedia ASM1061</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
			<key>Chipset Name</key>
			<string>ASM1061</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>AppleAHCI</string>
			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
			<string>0x01060100&0xffffff00</string>
			<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
			<string>0x06121b21</string>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<integer>15000</integer>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>Vendor Name</key>
			<string>ASMedia</string>
		</dict>

I just copied that data directly from the info.plist in AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext. It's better to just use the injector kext but I wanted to be "extra safe."

• Like 1

I don't know what version you are using, but 0x15b88086 can be found in the source code at http://sourceforge.net/p/osx86drivers/code/HEAD/tree/

I tried it today - in the boot log it does log a line with that same PCI address. When I get into the OS however - I can see that the kext is loaded, but there are no network devices detected. (Network prefs and ifconfig show none, system information also shows no ethernet devices).

Nasco : i tried to flash my bios to F5 version, my board is Z170-HD3 Gigabyte. Somehow, new bios version decreased freeze time little bit :)

I am already at the latest BIOS version of mine (Z170-A), I'm almost certain this is a driver issue however. No idea if we'll be able to do anything about it. 

I can look into your SATA troubles, but then you need to e-mail me your IORegistryExplorer (v2.1 only!) dump. My e-mail address can be found @ https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/blob/master/ssdtPRGen.sh

Will do.

I tried it today - in the boot log it does log a line with that same PCI address. When I get into the OS however - I can see that the kext is loaded, but there are no network devices detected. (Network prefs and ifconfig show none, system information also shows no ethernet devices).

Will do.

Ok. Did you compile the source code yourself? Have you done that?

Your SATA isn't workingbecause the interrupts that it is using are 17 and 2, instead of 10 and 5, and then the driver won't work. Old news. Same thing happened a long time ago.

I also added the missing name (MCHC) with help of this little snippet in SSDT table.

DefinitionBlock ("ssdt-skylake.aml", "SSDT", 1, "APPLE", "test", 0x00000001)
{
    External (\_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.B0D4, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.SIO1, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.SAT0, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB_.PCI0)
    {
        Device (MCHC)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
        }

Scope (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)
        }

Device (IGPU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) // _ADR: Address

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x03
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }
        }

Scope (B0D4)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)
        }

Scope (LPCB)
        {
            Scope (SIO1)
            {
                Name (_STA, Zero)
            }
        }

Scope (SAT0)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)
        }

Device (SATA)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00170000)
        }
    }
}
But there is much more broken in the DSDT. Time to learn to code ACPI or let someone else do it for you.
  • Like 3