(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE

wegface
497 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying this on my laptop but when I plug in a USB device in to port 1 (for example) it comes up as "a"(for example), and then if I unplug it and then plug it back in, in the same port, it comes up as "c" (for example). Is there something I'm missing here? It uses the Lynx Point-LP shipset which I believe is a lower powered variant of an 8 series chipset.

Thanks this works for me using clover dsdt patch posted below with usb injector kext also below on z97 using iMac14,1 profile. Now I have IOUSBHostFamily back to original and don't have to worry about losing USB3 speeds after updates. I did add the AppleUSBXHCILPTH entry under IOKitPersonalities to have matching IOPCIPrimaryMatch

<string>DSDT.aml</string>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename XHC to XH01 (1 of 2)</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    AhBBcA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    AllBcA==
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>EHC2 [to] EH02</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUhDMg==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUgwMg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename XHC to XH01 (2 of 2)</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    WEhDXw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WEgwMQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>EHC1 [to] EH01</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUhDMQ==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUgwMQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
            </array>

USB_Injector.kext.zip

• Like 2

Why rename XHC to XH01? XHC is not in the apple kexts XHC1 is.

I did that to enable port restriction (it matches the renamed IONameMatch now) and have an easy to edit config for use in the future if I needed to rename XHC1. I suppose I could rename IONameMatch to XHC and remove that entry to keep port restriction, but why.

Thank You very much for this... After reading about this for the past week and NOBODY explaining this simpler... I used your USB_Injector.kext.zip with no modifications and got 2 of my USB3 working. It's just after reading so many of these things my mind is a total mess and so confused.

I was wondering if anybody can help me get the bottom 2 working? What should be added to the kext in order to get this work 100%?

The picture attached is my motherboard, ASUS GRYPHON Z87. The 2 USB3 is what is working. The bottom 2 I need help with.

Any help would be great!

post-1411155-0-93943600-1443823831_thumb.jpg

Hello, Weg and PJALM!

As I said in another topic, before Weg directed me to this one: under Yosemite, of course, all of my USB3 ports work at full speed, and under El Capitan, they all work with USB2 maximum speed. So I thought this guide would be perfect for me, but...

What to do if my vanilla DSDT already shows XHC instead of XHC1 etc., and all the SSP addresses are 0? Please take a look: 

System DSDT.zip

This is an ASUS Gryphon Z97 (an otherwise really nice board), with 6 USB3 blue ports (2 front from mid-board, four at the back panel) and 4 USB2 black ports (all at the back panel) plus more 4 USB2 ports at mid-board that I simply don't use because of limitations of my case. Please take also a look at my IOJones output (different from expected: it doesn't differentiate between SSP and HS): 

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 1.41.20 AM.png

Looking for directions, since I don't know how to deal with these particularities.

All the best!

• Like 1

@Weg 

@PJ

If i use only injector kext ...without rename usb device in DSDT ...what appenead ?

I have the answer for you, Magnifico: I just tested the 9-Series injector as is, without any alterations (since I simply cannot follow the guide): it worked, and now I have my ports back. Thank you, PJALM and Weg, and perhaps you should add this piece of info to your guide: if your devices already have the appropriate names (XHC instead of XHC1, etc), you should try and use the injector as is.

All the best!

It does nothing

It did for me. :)

• Like 1

I have the answer for you, Magnifico: I just tested the 9-Series injector as is, without any alterations (since I simply cannot follow the guide): it worked, and now I have my ports back. Thank you, PJALM and Weg, and perhaps you should add this piece of info to your guide: if your devices already have the appropriate names (XHC instead of XHC1, etc), you should try and use the injector as is.

All the best!

Ok..so i can use only injector without modified DSDT..because i dont understand never ...about DST  :lol:

PS: Now you see all USB3 HISpeed in system ?

• Like 1

All the best!

Ofcorz coz the name matches whats in yout dsdt
  • Like 1

Ok..so i can use only injector without modified DSDT..because i dont understand never ...about DST  :lol:

PS: Now you see all USB3 HISpeed in system ?

I don't know if you can: I guess it depends on the board. Mine - Z97 Gryphon - seems to be one of the lucky ones. You should try and see.

P.S.: Yes! And now my portable Samsung M3 has RW speeds over 80mb/s again (tested with BlackMagic).

P.P.S.: Mind you, I use a vanilla ("virgin") DSDT: no patches since I moved from a Gigabyte H77 to my current Asus Z97.

P.P.P.S.: Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 2.38.08 AM.png :D

• Like 1

I don't know if you can: I guess it depends on the board. Mine - Z97 Gryphon - seems to be one of the lucky ones. You should try and see.

P.S.: Yes! And now my portable Samsung M3 has RW speeds over 80mb/s again (tested with BlackMagic).

P.P.S.: Mind you, I use a vanilla ("virgin") DSDT: no patches since I moved from a Gigabyte H77 to my current Asus Z97.

Have you add kext in folder kext ( clover ) or in SLE?

Can you attached picture about usb system profile?

Tested all USB3 ports. I can confirm all are working as they should. I don't care about the USB2 ones, so I won't lose any time testing them. I suppose that at least one of the four USB2 ports won't work, since 15 ports is the limit, each USB3 counts as two ports, and I have six working USB3 ports (6*2=12 ports used by USB3 only). Am I right?

Yes, PJALM. You can see some USB2 devices in the system profile screen shot I posted (one of them a 7-port USB hub with my UMX610 and my BT dongle connected).

And about the second question, because I never cared to patch a DSDT for the system since I bought this new board. Everything worked fine without a custom DSDT on Yosemite and Mavericks (10.9.5), and now it also works fine with El Capitan thanks to your injector.

P.S.: I posted my vanilla DSDT in an earlier post: you can download it and take a look with you think it would be useful for you.

P.P.S.: I use a fairly "vanila" config.plist for Clover, in this case "vanilla" means I only modified things for my SMBIOS, audio, trim and SIP, and left there all the gibberish Clover installs by default without caring to study what flag does what. Perhaps that have somewhat an influence in the outcome. If you want, I can post it too.

post-1546970-0-22179300-1443855629_thumb.png

My hacintosh has these strage usb setup, and I'm using the Z97-D3H motherboard, how can I calculate those data in the kext's info.plist?

Using the first post's kext will cause some of my port didn't work.

Thanks in advance.