(GUIDE) 10.11 full speed USB (series 8/9) keeping vanilla SLE

wegface
497 posts in this topic

attachicon.gif58B3CE67-E07F-47F2-BF8F-D5DEAFBB0A9D.png

My hacintosh has these strage usb setup, and I'm using the Z97-D3H motherboard, how can I calculate those data in the kext's info.plist?

Using the first post's kext will cause some of my port didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

What osx version did you use to try to map the ports? 

To note: For series 7 and below, the procedure still applies, but is slightly different. I will update this post with details asap.

Thanks, I'm waiting for your update.

BTW, seems like the port name is totally different for 7 series. also, I can't see green entry when a USB device is plugged in.

Edit: my mistake, I can see green entry now.

1.First we need a working yosemite install so we can correctly map our USB ports (important). Open IOJones with no (unnecessary for this process) USB devices connected. Connect a USB device and Under EHC1 or XCH1 some green entries will appear.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-10-02 14.21.45.png

Make a note of the port it added to: like HS01 or SSP1. Remove the device and the entries will turn red. Repeat this process for every USB port on the system. HS = USB 2.0, SSP = USB 3.0. Take a photo of your ports (or draw one) and mark each port to its correct name. For USB 3.0 ports, first connect a USB 2.0 device and then a usb 3.0 to get both port names (USB 3 ports count as two).

My IOJones screen does not look like that. Instead I have device names listed like so (I added the USB 3/2 info)

Intenso Ultra Line@15100000 (USB 3 device in USB 3 socket)

ROCCAT Tyon White@14d00000 (USB 2 device)

I'm using IOJones on Yosemite, on a system booted via Chameleon.

post-1462892-0-36113400-1443862041_thumb.jpeg

My IOJones screen does not look like that. Instead I have device names listed like so (I added the USB 3/2 info)

Intenso Ultra Line@15100000                                                  (USB 3 device in USB 3 socket)

ROCCAT Tyon White@14d00000                                             (USB 2 device)

I'm using IOJones on Yosemite, on a system booted via Chameleon.

You have 7 or lower chipset. Same as mine. And I also see that kind of result instead of HS or SSP... It's a known thing and the guys are working on a guide for 7 and lower chipset

You have 7 or lower chipset. Same as mine. And I also see that kind of result instead of HS or SSP... It's a known thing and the guys are working on a guide for 7 and lower chipset

Ah, there was me naively thinking that the Asus Z97-A had a series 9 chipset. Cheers Vendetta V

• Like 1

Ah, there was me naively thinking that the Asus Z97-A had a series 9 chipset. Cheers Vendetta V

Your using generic kext from rehabman. Notice you have "root hub simulation"

Are you really sure you need this?

Your using generic kext from rehabman. Notice you have "root hub simulation"

Are you really sure you need this?

Good question wegface. I set this machine up in Dec and it was my first time setting up a hackintosh.

I removed the Kext, rebooted and instead of GenericUSBXHCI I have AppleUSBXHCI but devices are still listed as earlier.

post-1462892-0-15940600-1443863978_thumb.jpeg

How could one map ports, which do not work?

Do not work means this: I have two usb3.0 port on front side of my case, If I use a usb3.0 flash drive with one port, it works in usb 3.0 mode, but if I plug it in to another, the system report won't see it, thus nothing appears in finder, just like there is nothing in that port, and this is HS11 port in iojones.

and another strange things is that I also need to add a dsdt-patch to clover, otherwise all my usb3.0 flash/drives will only have 480M speed , but it is displayed under the USB 3.0 in system report.

and another note: I found these in dmesg:

000000.621651 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: ports limit reached.  Not creating the remaining 6 ports

000001.701624 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::handleStart: unable to open interface
000001.701878 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200
000001.705527 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::handleStart: unable to open interface
000001.705546 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
000001.705572 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::handleStart: unable to open interface
000001.705582 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice

Good afternoon, here are some informations.

Note : I don't know if it is usefull for you, but I prefer to share it with you.

I don't have a DSDT, I have never known how to make one. I've opened a topic at least in DSDT section for my motherboard due to USB 3 issues on El Capitan (switching between 10.10 and 10.11 currently). I'm trying to make one to use your method wegface.

I was waiting for an answer on my topic when I've decided to try to use your USB injector for Series 9 (I hope I've used the good Kext, considering that I have a Z97I-PLUS motherboard).

I didn't edit any lines in "Info.plist", even if I knew that my SMBIOS was "iMac15,1" and not "iMac14,2".

After the reboot, I lost almost all my USB 3 port, but not all. One seemed to be a fully functional USB 3.0 port. I've also noticed that if I didn't plug the USB key entirely in the USB 3.0 port, it was loaded as USB 2, but not I plugged it entirely !

In "About this Mac", before the Injector, all my USB were displayed under Bus USB 2.0, after, they are all displayed under Bus USB 3.0.

So I've edited your "Info.plist" in your Injector Kext, to replace all "iMac 14,2" by "iMac15,1". After the reboot, on my six USB 3.0 port, four seemed to be fully functional. I haven't made more tests yet, but "About this Mac" indicates now "Speed" is up to "5GB/s" instead of "480MB/s".

I don't know if I can get my last two ports functional. On my motherboard, USB 3.0 ports are placed 2 by 2, on the left and the right. The two ports that aren't working are one on the left under another one and one on the right under another one (GOD, I really need to improve my English, this sentence is so awful). I think they aren't working because they are identified by the same ID on the "Injector" / "IOUSBHostFamily.kext" ?

If you have any idea, I will read you.

I really hope that I will get my DSDT soon, to use your method and give you more informations, but THANK YOU so much at least, that's not perfect yet, but I'm impressed about your work and you knowledge on the subject.

Good luck and thank you !

*Sorry for my English, I really hope that you will understand me*

You already have a dsdt, without one your machine couldnt boot. ;)

For 9 series not many patches are required, so is "easy" as a first try.

Link to your thread i will read it.

It is a 9 series, hence the 9 in the name Z97. Same mobo I'm using and the files I posted on first page are working to get the 6 back ports + 2 front ones working in USB3+2 speeds

I've just tried EVERYBODIES kexts and methods and still NO LUCK in getting 2 of my USB3 ports working. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

The 2 ports working were highlighted in red and the 2 remaining blue are not working:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/?p=2172365

well did u even edit the kext for your ports?

That's the part where I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED!!! Everything I try seems to cause kernel panic or does nothing.

I used USB_Series9_Injector.zip and was able to get the top 2 "IN RED" working. I just don't know what to do about the bottom 2 USB3 and what exactly I need to change.

or

If I use http://dev.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?p=2147401then I get all ports working but they're all USB2

It is a 9 series, hence the 9 in the name Z97. Same mobo I'm using and the files I posted on first page are working to get the 6 back ports + 2 front ones working in USB3+2 speeds

Cheers, unfortunately for me it isn't working. I have MacPro3,1 in my SMBios, I edited the Info.plist in the kext to match. I added the text you had into the config.plist and rebooted. All the USB3 ports still showed as USB2.

I have 4 at the top with my case (2xUSB 2, 2xUSB3), and then the fixed 6 on the back (2xUSB 2, 4xUSB 3).

Would it make any difference to swap to iMac14,1 or is the difference that my case uses 4 ports at the top so the mapping is different?

I am guessing I will need to install Yosemite again cleanly with Clover and then try and get the mappings again, hopefully with the HS/SSP showing up and not the devices names that I am currently seeing.