[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

I've decided not to use the NVIDIA Gt 430, it uses a fan and blasts out lots of heat. I tried using my HD 6450 which is recognized with the plain DSDT file but it won't wake from sleep properly, it tries to wake but has a blank/black screen. I've read that others have this problem but haven't been able to find a solution. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Are you connecting through HDMI or DVI?  In clover config, is Graphics set to Inject ATI?

You may want to try a few different darkwake settings in clover.config.  I don't know clover that well, but setting darkwake=0, took care of my wake from sleep problem.

• Like 1

@denodra

simply use the generic DSDT.aml to install OS X on a 755.

Depending on your graphic card, you could have to customize or download a specific DSDT from this thread. I use a GT610 with no modification, HD5450 needs patch, ...

To get sound working, replace /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext by the Macpeet's V2 version from post #197. Still working after 10.11.3 upgrade.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. You are really nice here. :)

I built a Hackintosh on this machine years ago. So it should work somehow. My graphics card is the GeForce 9600GT. When I follow the tutorial on the first site completely or simply build it with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I get the following error which you can see in the attachment.

post-1647907-0-37266800-1452018333_thumb.jpeg

I'm in the installer now. Found someone, who said, that the DSDT file of him was broken. I copied the file for my nvidia card again and now I'm in the installer. Thanks again for your help. I really like this forum. Will definitely stay here :)

Be sure that your Ethernet is connected as en0, and try different (other) kext. AppleIntelE1000e doesn't work for me in 10.11, I'm using Intel82655MM now. You have them in Clover pack from the first post.

Thanks for the great guide. I used it for my optiplex 790 with geforce gt740.  I had to manually make my boot usb stick, since the app errored out on my Mountain Lion mac. 

The rest of the install went great. I had to use the AppleIntelE1000e.kext, the other kext didn't work for me.

After that I had a problem connecting to appstore, etc basically anything icloud/apple id. 

I've been searching for solutions and none of them worked or applied in my case, so I decided to use the install without for a while.

Then I noticed several sites timing out while browsing and network speed not being so great.

I found an newer version of AppleIntelE1000e.kext on sourgeforce, downloaded that and now my network speed

is much better , no more timeouts while browsing and also appstore and itunes and icloud work fine. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

And, yes, Chris' installers won't work below OS X Mavericks, AFAIK.

That's why I said this :

Actually, there's no need to use any third party installer.

The method to create the USB pen is strictly the same than it is for Yosemite in the previous guide.

The method available here works for every OS X version (post Snow Leopard) :whistle:.

But once again, don't get me wrong ! Chris's Installer is a quick and easy one that also works great ;).

• Like 1