No graphics / USB / Audio after wake

anor4k

586 posts in this topic

People want to use the last version, especially taking into account how Yosemite was a bit of a disappointment.

I like both, Yosemite and El Capitan. The only caveat is this AMD sleep issue at the moment. Otherwise I'm happy wit latest OS X. None of these have been disappointment for me. Those who are disappointed should use Windows or Linux them.

I like both, Yosemite and El Capitan. The only caveat is this AMD sleep issue at the moment. Otherwise I'm happy wit latest OS X. None of these have been disappointment for me. Those who are disappointed should use Windows or Linux them.

Yosemite was a setback compared to Mavericks. I'm not talking about how crashy it was when it came out, there was (and still is) a measurable decrease in graphics performance. Also, discoveryd.

Yosemite was a setback compared to Mavericks. I'm not talking about how crashy it was when it came out, there was (and still is) a measurable decrease in graphics performance. Also, discoveryd.

Who wants, finds a way whine, always.  It's pointless to whine about one issue and forgot about the whole.

Who wants, finds a way whine, always.  It's pointless to whine about one issue and forgot about the whole.

It's pointless to argue because even though 10.10.0 was very buggy, all of those bugs were fixed already. But I know a lot of people who still use Mavericks because of that and were waiting for a new version, El Capitan increased performance a lot. At least for me, after updating to 10.11, I can resize windows without stuttering, which was present in Yosemite.

By the way, I would like to ask something, any of you guys have noticed how in El Capitan with an ATI there is some colour banding? 

big_LowBitColor.png

This is, less available colours so gradients look like that.

It's pointless to argue because even though 10.10.0 was very buggy, all of those bugs were fixed already. But I know a lot of people who still use Mavericks because of that and were waiting for a new version, El Capitan increased performance a lot. At least for me, after updating to 10.11, I can resize windows without stuttering, which was present in Yosemite.

By the way, I would like to ask something, any of you guys have noticed how in El Capitan with an ATI there is some colour banding? 

big_LowBitColor.png

This is, less available colours so gradients look like that.

No, I have good graphics.

But I hear that ElCapitan set new requirements for EDID structure. It may be a reason for bad graphics.

A Mac EFI is of no use at all for a hackintosh, UEFI can't utilize Mac EFI (and vice versa).

But as I said before, real Macs don't have this problem even when running a stock PC card, so I guess the cause of our problem is a bug in ACPI tables resulting in some bad ioreg entries which the AMD drivers don't like.

• Like 2

I have exactly the same Problem!

Mac OS X El Capitan and my Radeon 6870 -> Monitor(s) won't turn on after sleep. SSH works. Even VNC is working.

With Yosemite everything was working fine :-/

Can you get image from VNC?

Do you use VNC server or Apple's preinstalled Screen Sharing? 

Can you get image from VNC?

Do you use VNC server or Apple's preinstalled Screen Sharing?

I'm using Apple's Screen Sharing Service and the VNC App for iPad on the other side.

VNC asks for my VNC password and then freezes on "authenticating". No actual image.

I can kill the app and then try again, so the service is running and responding but always freezes...

I just tried unplugging and reconnecting my Monitor cable after stand by, as suddenly the whole Machine rebooted O.o

• Like 1

I'm using Apple's Screen Sharing Servic and the VNC App for iPad on the other side.

VNC asks for my VNC password and then freezes on "authenticating". No actual image.

I can kill the app and then try again, so the service is running and responding but always freezes...

Same here...  

Nothing special only the drivers personalities, with disabled GfxCGPowerGating. 

It's a pity my Turks has no such property so I can't check how useful is this.

One note. If switch on embedded Intel Graphics and set it priority then Radeon will wake too. (not for me).

No Intel Graphics here, it seems that it has something to do with the drive speed, can wake only the install from an old 160GB drive and not from SSD, newer HDD. 

I give a try, thanks!  :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: Nop not working on my hack...my hdd is 1-2 year old. i dont have older disk right now to check. 

Old disk connected to sata2 or sata3 port? can you please connect your ssd to sata2 port and check sleep again?

Wake works every time?

El Captian 10.11.1(15B42) with Clover 3270 on my nvidia GTX470 no signal on monitor while system awaken,when I try Clover "Fix_WAK"~then signal normal back on monitor 

This won't help us here. Our Systems only have the black screen, because of our AMD Graphics Cards. It's an AMD Graphics related Problem. And besides, my DSDT has the _WAK fix integrated since i build it. So this won't do the trick at all.

This won't help us here. Our Systems only have the black screen, because of our AMD Graphics Cards. It's an AMD Graphics related Problem. And besides, my DSDT has the _WAK fix integrated since i build it. So this won't do the trick at all.

THX~ your feedback,because I don't test on my AMD R6870 console

Another stupid question from a non-affected user:

Could this problem be similar to the dark-screen-on-boot with AMD cards and the iMac15,1 SMBIOS?

That one is resolved by editing the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (and changing "Config2" to "none" under "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" in the appropriate place within:

/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

If I had an AMD card I would try it before commenting here, but I don't so I can't; sorry if this, too, proves to be irrelevant.

Xen

Could this problem be similar to the dark-screen-on-boot with AMD cards and the iMac15,1 SMBIOS?

That one is resolved by editing the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (and changing "Config2" to "none" under "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" in the appropriate place within:

If I had an AMD card I would try it before commenting here, but I don't so I can't; sorry if this, too, proves to be irrelevant.

Xen

Do you have any link to original source?

Xen

No, it's (most likely) not related. It's probably something in RadeonX4000 or something. No one is really sure of the actual cause right now.