[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

@edwinvarelas I tried your fw on my hw after disabling Auto Brightness on both Windows and FW setup, put your DSDT and the brightness changing didn't work on os x!!!! Wth? Please try Linux Mint or ubuntu (or your favorite Linux distro) and chk the brightness. For me only windows can change it! Thanks (I reverted back my fw)

Ok, brightness fixed thanks to edwin's fw (I modded it to get back my stuff, including SN/UUID/MSDM...), but there are not too many levels, too bad :(

and for audio :D

I finally made a DummyHDA.kext (renamed it AtivHDA.kext)

So what you need to do is to use ONE of these:

• RehabMan's DSDT patch for Layout 3
  • Clover Config > Devices > Audio > Inject: 3
  • HDAEnabler3.kext (not recommended and I'm not gonna post it, use the two above)

Then, using a text editor (either the TextEdit app or Sublime Text, Geny or whatever you use) open the Clover config.plist in it and add these lines under Kext to Patch

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
  <array>
   <dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleHDA</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Expect 2 matches</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>hQjsEA==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>AAAAAA==</data>
   </dict>
   <dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>gxnUEQ==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>AAAAAA==</data>
   </dict>
   <dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>hBnUEQ==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>aQLsEA==</data>
   </dict>
</array>

Just add what's BETWEEN THE ARRAYS!!! You already have them in the config. To make sure it's done, open the config in PlistEditor or Clover Config, if you see all your settings with the three patches, then you're good to go, if you have an error, just check the syntax again!

After that, restore your original AppleHDA.kext using Kext Utility (you'll find it in the OS X installer, if you need the 10.11 one, not 10.11.1 *downloading update* , just ask it and I'll provide it to you, but make sure the applehda is the one that came with the version you're running).

AppleHDA_10.11_clean.zip

Then, install the AtivHDA.kext from the attachment, remember to install CodecCommander kext if you haven't.

AtivHDA.kext.zip

Reboot twice.

Pros: Will work on ANY OS X version, and Audio will still be there after DU/Upgrade, so no need to worry, unless you altered in of the requirements above.

Cons: for this device, microphone may work only after sleep, donno why. It doesn't work at all, I tried the patched kext and it's working, I'll fix it later on, you may use this if you have an external microphone (headphones).

Update!! : Weird stuff: I just updated to 10.11.1 and the microphone is back working :| I really don't know how! but it's working now :)

ok seems I found the problem :) instead of Kext Utility doing the repairing, do so AFTER installing it with kext utility: 

sudo chown root:admin / && sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel && sudo kextcache -system-caches

Reboot, it should be fixed :) (hopefully, need confirmation tho)

FYI: I still haven't tried HDMI Audio (I need an adapter, I dont have one atm)

It's working :)

For SwitchResX: I recommend using Custom Resolution 2688x1512, it will give you 1344x756 Hi-DPi resolution which I find really good for a crisp image and easy on eye resolution :)

For multitouch gestures: I exported my settings, which are 2 fingers swipe and some other lil stuff if you want to :)

Gesture_settings.ini.zip

Other than that, I successfully installed Android-x86 (4.4.4, since 5.1.1 is so buggy nothing will work on it), still a lot buggy but it's just for fun. I'll post a how to later :)

• Like 1

i have sleep working perfectly, the only issue is the led being lit in the second sleep, will look for that. And the rotation app doesnt work for me so im using SRX to rotate the monitor the only downside is that the HiDPi settings are not kept and removed while in rotation, so im working @1080p in portrait, while on 756p HiDPi on landscape.

you need to patch Series7/Series8 USB then 0x0D on RM's repo, DO NOT PATCH MUTEX ON 10.11!

I noticed something, when it's on the first sleep cycle, if you press the power button for 2 secs and release it, after a while the led will power on, then you need to hit it a second time with a simple click, this second time is where the second and further sleep cycles are stuck in right?

I had the same problem about not sleeping after the first cycle. I solved the issue by a DSDT edit. I added

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{
                        0x1E, 
                        0x04
                    })

in H_EC after 
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09"))
Name (_UID, One)

now, it sleeps properly every time.
  • Like 2

I had the same problem about not sleeping after the first cycle. I solved the issue by a DSDT edit. I added

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{
                        0x1E, 
                        0x04
                    })

in H_EC after 
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09"))
Name (_UID, One)

now, it sleeps properly every time.

Thankssss now my laptop sleep fine every time. added this new patch to the guide in page 4 right now. @midi your audio solution its an excellent alternative if you can modify for the microphone working its the best option.

Amazing it worked :D I tried it too :D and for audio mic it's functional, just make sure you redo the caches after Kext Utility as I stated in bold (I updated my post :) )

ok. thanks. by causality you can upload the original applehda o f 10.11.1 to test. thanks

ok :D

AH! sorry, I just made a clean install (after all the mess I did in the previous one) so I'm still on 10.11 atm, I'm downloading the update as we speak, I'll update my post on AtivHDA :)

attachicon.gifAppleHDA_10.11_clean.zip

10.11 only

Thanksss. guide in page 4 updated. i prefer to use the dpcimanager and never have problems.

@midi this patch is necessary to hdmi audio or not?.

Add KextstoPatch, click + and add:
Name* : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
Find* : [HEX]: 020500000004000007010000
Replace* [HEX] : 020500000008000006000000
Comment: 10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI
  • Like 1

@midi this patch is necessary to hdmi audio or not?.

Add KextstoPatch, click + and add:
Name* : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
Find* : [HEX]: 020500000004000007010000
Replace* [HEX] : 020500000008000006000000
Comment: 10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI

I really don't know, I dont have the microHDMI adapter to test, I'm gonna buy it next weekend :( but having this patch wont hurt anyway :)

for rotation, I  used SwitchResX and made the "rotation" button work on it :) but you lose HiDPI on portrait mode, and get it back in the landscape mode automatically.

• Like 1

I really don't know, I dont have the microHDMI adapter to test, I'm gonna buy it next weekend :( but having this patch wont hurt anyway :)

for rotation, I  used SwitchResX and made the "rotation" button work on it :) but you loose HiDPI on portrait mode, and get it back in the landscape mode automatically.

how you make to work?