[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

I had to download an ISO of Windows 8 and create USB to install. While I was waiting for the download to complete I removed the SSDT.aml file from /EFI/CLOVER/APCI/patched and already I can see that there was something up with that file. After a reboot I ran Novabench again and my numbers were definitely better and I tested out my drawing apps and noticed a significant improvement in speed. ie no lag with sketching. Still not as fast as it can be. Anyways next step to figuring out how to get my Ativ up to speed (over 500 on Novabench) is upgrade my bios.

post-1345519-0-81547000-1449793680_thumb.png

I finally figured it out. I must have messed up the DSDT SSDT patching process somewhere along the way. I redid steps 5 and 6 rebooted and voila! Success. @midi I now have dual booting again! haha let's see if I decide to keep/use windows for longer than I did last install. Thanks for the help! Next up I think I'll do the update to 10.11.2 and tackle the screen rotation and button remapping hack for another day. Until then I will enjoy my zippy tablet.

post-1345519-0-62984700-1449804188_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm back to report the latest on my Ativ 700T. I have finally gotten around to trying out the home button remapping and I've been able to get that part functioning as it should. Launchpad opens and closes with a push of the home button. As for the rotation hack I have enabled it with SwitchresX and assigned it to F4 without a problem except for being unable to map F4 to the top rotation lock button next to the power/sleep button. The instructions on the guide on post #20 section 7 only have the ADB code listed for the Home button and Launchpad. Am I missing something here? I check the console log after executing ioio in terminal and it is reporting that there is indeed a button being pressed but I have been unable to map it to the F4 button correctly.

This is what console log reads when I press the rotation button:

Dec 29 17:43:34 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e027=0, 0=80 down

This is what console log reads when I press the home button:

Dec 29 17:45:07 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e02d=83 down

The volume buttons both read as they should as well. Although when I long press the home button this is what I get from console:

Dec 29 17:47:05 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e05b=3a down
Dec 29 17:47:05 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 20=2 down

Anyways I have been using this tablet now running os 10.11.2 with very minor problems here and there. Sometimes sleep doesn't always work as it should. Sometimes it will wake up right after putting it to sleep. Other times the sleep behavior is as it should be. I haven't been able to pinpoint a specific cause or app that is preventing it from sleeping. I've run syslog | grep Wake in terminal and this is what was reported several times: Dec 29 04:06:12 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: H_EC XHC EHC2

The daily uninstalling and installing of the TouchBase drivers and software has been getting pretty annoying. As soon as I have enough cash to get a license for it I will. I have invested in a glove that only covers my pinky and ring finger and use it for when I am sketching/drawing on the tablet. I also cut the tips of the fingers off of the glove to enable me to still use the TouchBase gestures.

I have Windows 8.1 on a small partition on the SSD and I have updated as much of the Samsung updates possible. I couldn't get the graphics driver to fully update though. I was not able to get HDMI audio out working from either Windows or OSX. HDMI video is fine though. Not too concerned with it at the moment. Although if anyone can give me any tips or advice on how to get my rotation button to work I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

hi,

ADB code is an existing action featured in mac osx.

this is not a "classic" button and it can not be mapped.

if what you want to do with ADB code is not implemented by Apple, then you can't do it.

ADB code can only be mapped on ACPI keyboard (not PS2).

about wake issue, you should have a look to the command line:

pmset -g assertions

But surely than remove _PWR or GPWR from usb device in the DSDT whould solve this problem.

I've never put the ativ in sleep ... and surely will never do.

About touchbase, or you pay, or you find how it get the 24hours limit before stop, set it to 0 (ilimited), and voila.

personnaly, i only use the pen, and only use the Ativ for drawing in photoshop.

So i don't use the touchbase, ad probabely will never use it.

About HDMI Audio, this is possible, but we surely need to have a dummy.kext and patch to load the appleHDA.kext, add some dsdt/ssdt patch to enable hdmi audio, then patch the framebuffer to make it work.

here is a begin of solution:

clover framebuffer part: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI

applehda part: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

ssdt part: https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000

If i'm not to lazzy this week, i will save my draws, and try and update of the post (because my ativ still on yosemite for now).

cheers

Hi all, I'm back to report the latest on my Ativ 700T. I have finally gotten around to trying out the home button remapping and I've been able to get that part functioning as it should. Launchpad opens and closes with a push of the home button. As for the rotation hack I have enabled it with SwitchresX and assigned it to F4 without a problem except for being unable to map F4 to the top rotation lock button next to the power/sleep button. The instructions on the guide on post #20 section 7 only have the ADB code listed for the Home button and Launchpad. Am I missing something here? I check the console log after executing ioio in terminal and it is reporting that there is indeed a button being pressed but I have been unable to map it to the F4 button correctly.

This is what console log reads when I press the rotation button:

Dec 29 17:43:34 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e027=0, 0=80 down

This is what console log reads when I press the home button:

Dec 29 17:45:07 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e02d=83 down

The volume buttons both read as they should as well. Although when I long press the home button this is what I get from console:

Dec 29 17:47:05 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e05b=3a down
Dec 29 17:47:05 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 20=2 down

Anyways I have been using this tablet now running os 10.11.2 with very minor problems here and there. Sometimes sleep doesn't always work as it should. Sometimes it will wake up right after putting it to sleep. Other times the sleep behavior is as it should be. I haven't been able to pinpoint a specific cause or app that is preventing it from sleeping. I've run syslog | grep Wake in terminal and this is what was reported several times: Dec 29 04:06:12 daddys-MacBook-Air kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: H_EC XHC EHC2

The daily uninstalling and installing of the TouchBase drivers and software has been getting pretty annoying. As soon as I have enough cash to get a license for it I will. I have invested in a glove that only covers my pinky and ring finger and use it for when I am sketching/drawing on the tablet. I also cut the tips of the fingers off of the glove to enable me to still use the TouchBase gestures.

I have Windows 8.1 on a small partition on the SSD and I have updated as much of the Samsung updates possible. I couldn't get the graphics driver to fully update though. I was not able to get HDMI audio out working from either Windows or OSX. HDMI video is fine though. Not too concerned with it at the moment. Although if anyone can give me any tips or advice on how to get my rotation button to work I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

hi, about the remap of the buttons i cant remember what is the code for the f4 button but if you look in the config file of the voodops2 for f4 her is the code of the f4 key but is not an adb key its a ps2 remap because its a little different the modiification (in the wiki of the voodoops2controler its the solution) . and in the post #20 its the voddops2comntroler previously modified for this buttons. for the sleep when you undock and dock the tablet the sleep its broken. the solution its push the volume buttons of the left side of the screen after dock the tablet. the sleep issue only happens before install the voovops2controle because ti think that is a conflict in the usb keyboard (the dock) and the ps2 keyboard (the hw buttons of the tablet.)

for the tochbase gestures i not use anymore because its very annoying reinstall every 24 hours.

and for the hdmi audio here is working in the windows and OS X. test another cable.

The hw buttons are using the ACPI part of the dsdt.

The keyboard use the psk entry (ps2).

A ADB code can only be remapped to another ADB code.

ADB looks like numbers (ex; 80)

Ps2 key looks like q_numbers (ex; q_13)

If you set q_13 for a ADB code it will not work.

Because of acpi don't have q_13 as entry and can't load this.

About hdmi audio, i have no micro hdmi cable.

But using patch is better than use the voodoohda.kext

If others have tested hdmi audio as working, look at you clover patch and look about capri patch.

The sleep issue is due to bad usb communication and can be resolved by dsdt and driver patches.

I know than the usb3 port have some issue with usb3 device (may cut the wifi) and some usb2 powered device.

I searched about solve this but there was no solution, and i don't know if it's now possible to fix it.

For Touch base, you can create a "group" and buy a multi licence (4 licences for exemple). It's all about to you to organize this.

I may be a part of it !

Happy holidays to all !

hi,

finaly updated the first post.

added informations from post #20

(trim ssd, audio and hdmi audio, screen rotation, lunchpad layout)

updated and added dsdt patches (fix warning and no manual patch to do)

added as many links as i could.

added pre-patched pl2303.kext for WWAN and voodooPS2.kext for home launchpad mapping.

updated working/unworking information

added information about sleep issue when docking/undocking

updated wifi/bt information

added S-pen information and compatibility.

Thanks to all person who have finished my guide, by adding usefull information.

Guys, did any one experience problems loading UPDD gestures when date is set after 31st Dec 2015? if I put a date before that, the app loads, if not, it doesn't and get a "expired license" error! I found this link https://github.com/wolfcw/libfaketime(thanks @spoutnik12 too) if anyone would help me figuring a way to freeze time of the app

• Like 1

nope, i've tested it on 31 december.

i had issue with the pen (can't calibrate), i have reinstalled the demo version without gesture, and it goes right for the pen.

but the touch still always active even if i disable it with the touch driver.

so i have to use a glove to draw with the pen, as we know, palm rejection is not active.

(surely i have to erase cache and app support, then reinstall it)

does someone had the gesture + the pen working good ?

(gesture is fun)

i also had issue with switchresX, who did'nt recognised my screen correctly (unknow monitor) so i was unable to make keyboard shortcut.

but, we can set it to contextual menu.

(and i never have the keyboard plugged ... and keyboard plugged more portrait mode, that really strange ! )

when on portrait mode, the pen is no more calibrate, and the proposed calibration (due to the rotation) wasn't possible (as if the pen was badly recognised).

if you have more info about this issues...

just for information, because i will not use it.

about faketime, the demo version is also limited to 100 touch, not only 24 hours.

the touch driver use a dylib to set the limitation.

dylib are not editable.

you need a full version dylib, and use a filter program to disable licence verification (or set correct domain name in your /etc/host like 127.0.0.1 the-domain.com)

but if you want to freeze the time, here a step:

install macports

https://www.macports.org/install.php

install libfaketime

sudo port install libfaketime

go to libfaketime directory

cd /to /path

(see output value to have the path, or macports information about install path)

make -f Makefile.OSX

then

export DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1
export DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/path/to/libfaketime.1.dylib
export FAKETIME_ONLY_CMDS=uapp faketime '2015-12-31 08:15:42'

note, change uapp to the correct process name, use system monitor to retrieve it

if it works, you can change the info.plist of the touch driver app:

<key>LSEnvironment</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE</key>
        <string>1</string>
        <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
        <string>/path/to/libfaketime.1.dylib</string> // change it
        <key>FAKETIME</key>
        <string>value of FAKETIME here</string> // change it
    </dict>

and

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -v -f /Applications/ApplicationName.app

then reboot.

do not use the github one, because it appears to not work on yosemite 10.10.5 and up.

cheers !

• Like 1

Thanks @dudclx for that info, I tried running the command 

faketime -f '-1y' '/path/to/UDPP Gestures/binary' &

since -f '@YYYY-MM-DD' didn't work, the app runs but with HIGH CPU USAGE OMAGADE! and -1y doesn't work in the plist (WHY). I'll look again and stuff.

Other than that I have a weird problem, for the Rotation button, when I tested KeyCodes on Windows and found that it sends two keys : "Windows + O", and on OS X when I try to pick up the codes I literally get Windows code (same as the Windows button under screen) + O code! WTH? why am I not getting the same codes as you all?

The heavy cpu usage is a know issue.

Not depend of the process using the libfaketime.

I just think this is a bad solution.

A good solution still have a dylib from full version and use hosts file to block verification connection on the Touch base web site (it can have a different domain name, so we have to use an app like little snitch to retrieve it).

About key code, we use the debug tool from rehabman.

All is explain in the guide and in rehabman wiki.

I think than the lock rotation button (near the power button) is the best button to add a new function.

But if we want to use it as rotate button, we have to know that it is only ADB code (acpi button, not keyboard one).

So we need to use an existing ADB code from Mac.

I don't think than Mac have ADB code for screen rotation.

In the voodoo PS2 wiki, it says than we can retrieve ADB code using press and hold alt + decimal code + release alt.

Exemple is alt + 1 + 3 + 1 + release alt = launchboard

131 is decimal, who give 83 in hexadecimal.

So launchboard ADB code is 83.

This feature is working with the debug version of voodoops2.kext only

It can be good to retrieve all existing ADB code.

There was an existant ADB code table but the web site doesn't existing anymore and i wasn't able to find cache version of the web page.

What kind of function will you like to have on the lock rotation button ? (Dashboard, sleep, others ?)

• Like 1

No just why doesn't it show me the same codes as yours, mine are totally different (except volume buttons), for Windows key, you have short press and long press codes, while I only have one code on any circumstances (which is btw, the same code you get for long press), for the rotation key I get windows's code and o's button code.

Update: I reflashed the BIOS, looks like it was the cause! I will make other tries! now the codes are the same as yours (with a bit of a difference, but well)

BTW, I use brew, it compiles stuff like the dylib and puts it where it should be (/usr/local/lib/faketime/libfaketime.dylib), I'll keep using faketime for the time being, until we find if it's an online verification or some other way to keep time in check.

for now I use this solution: 

1. Downloaded & Installed brew (Notice: when you'll execute that command line, it will ask you to install Xcode command line tools, install them, THEN go back to the Terminal to finalise the installation)
  2. Opened Terminal and typed 
    brew install libfaketime

took me 8 secs!

3. Open Applications > Utilities, and copied (do not drag&drop) UPDD Gestures app to a folder (eg. Desktop)

4. Opened the content of the app, opened the Info.plist and added these parameters: 

<key>LSEnvironment</key>
            <dict>
            <key>DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE</key>
            <string>1</string>
            <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
            <string>/usr/local/lib/faketime/libfaketime.1.dylib</string>
            <key>FAKETIME</key>
            <string>@2015-01-01 01:01:01</string>
            </dict>
  5. Saved the plist and ran the app > SUCCESS!

NOTICE: High CPU Usage incoming! 

BTW, on Activity Monitor, you can see what ports and files a process is opening, hope it does what you're looking for.

OK guys, Sorry again I'm in a need, someone please post his FW (P10AAT) which have a working scan codes and brightness, I'll add all my info to replace yours. 

Sorry and thanks.

(you can PM it to me if you don't want to publish it here to the public)

How to dump it:

Just follow instruction no1 (no harm will happen, you just make sure you typed -d  , as for Dump, in the command line)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307911-guide-samsung-ativ-smart-pro-xe700t1c-1010x-and-10110-100/?p=2178352

Software needed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7u17g4feuaue4z/Intel+ME+System+Tools+v8.1+r6.rar

THANK YOU A LOT!

OK guys, Sorry again I'm in a need, someone please post his FW (P10AAT) which have a working scan codes and brightness, I'll add all my info to replace yours. 

Sorry and thanks.

(you can PM it to me if you don't want to publish it here to the public)

How to dump it:

Just follow instruction no1 (no harm will happen, you just make sure you typed -d  , as for Dump, in the command line)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307911-guide-samsung-ativ-smart-pro-xe700t1c-1010x-and-10110-100/?p=2178352

Software needed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7u17g4feuaue4z/Intel+ME+System+Tools+v8.1+r6.rar

THANK YOU A LOT! 

midi if you want i make a backup of my bios but my laptop is in the last version of the bios.

midi if you want i make a backup of my bios but my laptop is in the last version of the bios.

Thanks a lot, just check (in the FW Setup) that it is P10AAT (it's the latest release!) and your device is a XE700T1C not XE700T1A (thanks again!)

oh I remember, but the buttons aren't well programmed (maybe because of the different device sub-model) anyway, I found a fix. I took the dsdt of the fw with the correct scan code and patched an extra line to fix its brightness (thanks to the dsdt from your fw) and now it's working as it should :D thanks

ill post later what i have changed, im on windows for some work atm!

FOR UPDATED UPDD Gestures INFORMATION & KEYUP GO TO : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307911-guide-samsung-ativ-smart-pro-xe700t1c-1010x-and-10110-100/?p=2225140

ok DSDT stuff beside! now I updated the Gesture_settings.ini.zip for more windows'/Android's natural touch feeling (tho it's not that much, blame Touch-Base for that!)

Settings:

• Drags & Swipes:
    • Dragging one finger: Scroll (not Click and drag anymore) - Scroll item under gesture
    • Dragging two fingers: Click & Drag - Drag follow's the Left touch point (usually for right handed people, if you're left handed, change it to Right touch point)
    • One finger swipe from the right edge: Opens Notification Center (like Control Center on Windows 10, well ... sorry)
    • One finger swipe from the left edge: Show LaunchPad (I wanted to put it as Mission Control, but you already have 3 finger swipe, you can change that OFC)
    • Two finger swipe from edge (whatever edge): Virtual Keyboard toggle (you must have KeyUP in /Applications/ folder)
  • Pinch & Rotate: 
    • Rotate / Pinch & Spread: Now the item changes under the gesture not the cursor
    • Four finger spread/pinch: Launchpad/Show Desktop (Pinch > Opens Launchpad > Spread > Closes Launchpad > Spread > Shows Desktop > Pinch > Returns to normal > Pinch > Opens Launchpad > ... and so on)
    • Five finger spread/pinch: Disabled - As we have four finger gestures, it's useless to have them both!

And for the UPDD's 2016 + date problem: Temporary Fix

• Download & Install brew (Notice: when you'll execute that command line, if you do not have Xcode installed, it will ask you to install Xcode command line tools, install them, THEN go back to the Terminal to finalise the installation, YOU DON'T NEED XCODE unless you will use brew other than libfaketime!)
  • Open Terminal and typed 
    brew install libfaketime

took me 8 secs!
  • Download this app : updd.app.zip
  • Open System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock the lock > Login Items > Remove UPDD Gestures.app > + > Select the UPDD.app
  • Open the UPDD.app if you haven't rebooted the device (or logout > login)

Important:

• Repeat 4 (and 5) each time you reinstall the drivers
  • You can add the package installer of the drivers as a Login Item! This will be less hassle than looking for the pkg over and over, make sure you copied it from its image somewhere where it can't cause you problems
  • For overheating issues due to UPDD Gestures, download DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext.zip and install it using DPCIManager.app, reboot, it will disable TurboBoost when on battery!
  • For HDMI Audio (it's perfectly working for me):
    • You must have the AtivHDA.kext in S/L/E
    • You must have CodecCommander.kext in S/L/E
    • You must have this on your Clover's config.plist:
      • Devices > UseIntelHDMI
      • Kexts to patch >
        Comemnt: 10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI (whatever, it's just I found it like that)
        Name   : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
        Find   : 020500000004000007010000
        Replace: 020500000008000006000000
    • Reboot and Fix Caches with DPCIManager at least twice (on each reboot, you fix them)
    • Enjoy!

Hope I helped :D

ok DSDT stuff beside! now I updated the attachicon.gifGesture_settings.ini.zip for more windows'/Android's natural touch feeling (tho it's not that much, blame Touch-Base for that!)

Settings:

• Drags & Swipes:
    • Dragging one finger: Scroll (not Click and drag anymore) - Scroll item under gesture
    • Dragging two fingers: Click & Drag - Drag follow's the Left touch point (usually for right handed people, if you're left handed, change it to Right touch point)
    • One finger swipe from the right edge: Opens Notification Center (like Control Center on Windows 10, well ... sorry)
    • One finger swipe from the left edge: Show LaunchPad (I wanted to put it as Mission Control, but you already have 3 finger swipe, you can change that OFC)
    • Two finger swipe from edge (whatever edge): Virtual Keyboard toggle (you must have KeyUP in /Applications/ folder)
  • Pinch & Rotate: 
    • Rotate / Pinch & Spread: Now the item changes under the gesture not the cursor
    • Four finger spread/pinch: Launchpad/Show Desktop (Pinch > Opens Launchpad > Spread > Closes Launchpad > Spread > Shows Desktop > Pinch > Returns to normal > Pinch > Opens Launchpad > ... and so on)
    • Five finger spread/pinch: Disabled - As we have four finger gestures, it's useless to have them both!

And for the UPDD's 2016 + date problem: Temporary Fix

• Download & Install brew (Notice: when you'll execute that command line, if you do not have Xcode installed, it will ask you to install Xcode command line tools, install them, THEN go back to the Terminal to finalise the installation, YOU DON'T NEED XCODE unless you will use brew other than libfaketime!)
  • Open Terminal and typed 

brew install libfaketime

took me 8 secs!
  • Download this app : attachicon.gifupdd.app.zip
  • Open System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock the lock > Login Items > Remove UPDD Gestures.app > + > Select the UPDD.app
  • Open the UPDD.app if you haven't rebooted the device (or logout > login)

Important:

• Repeat 4 (and 5) each time you reinstall the drivers
  • You can add the package installer of the drivers as a Login Item! This will be less hassle than looking for the pkg over and over, make sure you copied it from its image somewhere where it can't cause you problems
  • For overheating issues due to UPDD Gestures, download attachicon.gifDisableTurboBoostBattery.kext.zip and install it using DPCIManager.app, reboot, it will disable TurboBoost when on battery!
  • For HDMI Audio (it's perfectly working for me):
    • You must have the AtivHDA.kext in S/L/E
    • You must have CodecCommander.kext in S/L/E
    • You must have this on your Clover's config.plist:
      • Devices > UseIntelHDMI
      • Kexts to patch >
        Comemnt: 10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI (whatever, it's just I found it like that)
        Name   : AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
        Find   : 020500000004000007010000
        Replace: 020500000008000006000000
    • Reboot and Fix Caches with DPCIManager at least twice (on each reboot, you fix them)
    • Enjoy!

Hope I helped :D

thanks midi. i don't use anymore the updd because the limitation of time. i reinstall today the OS X 10.11.2 and the hdmi audio don't work anymore but whit your  steps he work again perfectly. the guide in the post #20 has updated whit your steps. thanks

• Like 1

No problem :D for DSDT, there are some reagions that affect the kyb and brightness controls, depending on the revision of the device, the adress of that reagion changes

That's why your fw didnt work as on your device, and the Original P10AAT fw had brightness problems (even on windows after some time, now fixed by reinstalling the brightness patch from Samsung Updates).

Btw does the wacom driver really work?

https://app.box.com/s/i9ddu8iqwi1z3533njoqr2xctcce6w5z

Hello,

Can someone help me get my audio working? I tried the patches showed on post#1 and post#20. but they dont know. My issues are my audio not working. and MicroSD has "disk no eject properly". I also think my usb does not get recognize after sleep and it occasionally 1-3sec lag (could be faulty hardware). My dsdt at link above. Thank you.

My ativ model is xe700t1c-ha1us.

audio: alc269vc

OSX: 10.10.4 (or 10.10.5)

kext installed:

ativhda

codeccommanger

acpibatterymanager

acpibacklight