[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

Thanks for your help. I try whit my girlfriend ativ 700t and work correctly (i5 3rd generation. Intel hd 4000) but in my laptop the installation freeze (i5 2nd generation. Intel hd 3000). What parámeters i have to use in my laptop?

The trackpad is just a mouse.

You can scroll with it, but it's not practice.

Put your finger on the extreme right, and you surely not scroll at the first time.

You should prefer use the touch drive driver to have multi touch gestures on the screen.

• Like 1

The trackpad is just a mouse.

You can scroll with it, but it's not practice.

Put your finger on the extreme right, and you surely not scroll at the first time.

You should prefer use the touch drive driver to have multi touch gestures on the screen.

Thanks for your help. Any way to get The touch drive full free?. I live in Colombia And hére the dólar is too high .130 usd is 15 days of work.

I have bought Apple OS X 10.6

All updates were free.

Installing Mac on no Mac computer is not forbidden in France.

But i've searched after the full version of the Touch driver, with no luck.

i don't know.

i have not test it.

if it's not, it can be done by patching it with clover.

Well know on this model.

in sound preference, hdmi audio exist.

if someone can test and report back ...

i'm working on another project.

BTW, i still have to edit this tutorial a few about the dsdt compiling/patching (to avoid all warning, see comments)

and abaut the wacom.plist for non administrator user.

cheers

Thank you for the very detailed guide duduclx!! It helped me a lot in installing my new XE700T1CA02 yesterday.

BTW, I would like to urge those new ATIV users: Do not try to modify any procedure mentioned in this guide even if you were familiar with Hackingtosh!! Things always change, and the trivial differences between installing XE700T1CA02 and other laptops failed me several times yesterday lol. Just follow this guide exactly to the last step, and everything will be fine.

As to the backlight problem, I searched the internet and found this site:

http://renderingpipeline.com/graphics-literature/low-level-gpu-documentation/

In the Intel section, I compared the backlight PWM registers at 48250-4h and c8250-4h of HD4000 and Intel HD 1st Generation, and I “assumed” they should be the same things more than their physical addresses XD. I did do the experiments following this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/

Thank you mnorthern for the great guide!!

Thank you RehabMan for your guides and kexts, they finally worked very good on my ATIV!!

On my first ride to follow this guide, the backlight still failed as usual. In another post once I read (Sorry I forgot which post and whom I should thank to XD.) said that he installed a backlight control app from APP Store and everything worked marvelously like a charm, so I installed this from App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easyontheeyes/id799584781?mt=12

EasyOnTheEyes by SmartCodeHQ

It’s FREE, but very useful because the magic hits again, my backlight control really came back after I run it on the menubar!!

If mentioning this App may cause any legal copyright problems, anybody plz tell me to modify this post, thanx…

A minor problem of orientation bothered me in these days. I tried to rotate the ATIV 90 degrees for a better holding and reading position, but the stylus pen did not rotate automatically with the screen like other devices such as mouses or trackpads.

I thought it to be a driver-related problem, because the ISD-V4 properties were all correct when rotated 90 degrees, but the cursor just moved in non-rotated directions that make it very ridiculous and hard to use. So I wrote a small script to correct this situation:

on run
	tell application "TabletDriver"

set screenNumber to 0
		set tabletNumber to 0
		set transducerNumber to 0

set XDIM to X dimension of tablet tabletNumber

if XDIM = 28707 then
			set orientation of tablet tabletNumber to landscape
			set positioning mode of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to absolute
			set screen area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 1920, 1080} as list
			set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 28707, 17979} as list
			set map display of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to screenNumber
		end if

if XDIM = 17979 then
			set orientation of tablet tabletNumber to landscape
			set positioning mode of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to relative
			set screen area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 1080, 1920} as list
			set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 28707, 17979} as list
			set map display of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to screenNumber
		end if

end tell
end run 

Yet I had 2 problems in this script:

1. Not able to set the stylus pen to absolute mode in the portrait orientation. I had to set the tablet orientation to landscape mode even though the screen was in the portrait mode. This was the only way to get the cursor to work in the right directions, or it would always move in the wrong ways. Thus, the stylus absolute mode seemed not possible using a wrong orientation of landscape mode.

2. This script cannot be started automatically, or it will give an error message about not finding the tablet 0 and stop to work. This could be a starting-sequence problem.

Someone please help, will be appreciated with many, many Thanks !!

@duduclx:

Because lots of people really need to work in portrait orientations, somebody from Modbookish had written a dedicated app for the screen rotations:

http://modbookish.lefora.com/topic/3513246/A-Unix-Utility-to-Change-the-Primary-Display-on-OSX/#.VgnnWbTH66g

Once the app executed from the terminal, it would change the screen orientations permanently even if the system is rebooted. Just run it again with adequate parameters from the terminal to bring the screen orientations back.

Besides, the system preferences panel had a hidden feature to allow anybody adjusting the screen orientations in a somehow-odd way: open system preferences panel (close and reopen it again if already opened), press and hold "option/alt" + "cmd" keys simutaneously, then left click "Display" property with the cursor. In the Display property panel a new pull-down button labeled "Rotation: Standard" will show up, click it to pull down the menu and choose the screen orientations from inside.  :)

• Like 1

now i found a AppleHDA which is perfectly working with autoswitch function in 10.10.5 :D

add this to HDEF in DSDT:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }, 

"layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (Zero) {}
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

and install the attached AppleHDA to S/L/E with any kext installer!

to have sound again after sleep, you have to use Audio Reset, its attached ;)

you can also add HiDPI is much better for the touchscreen.

open terminal and copy and paste following command:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

now you have 940x540 HiDPI in Monitor settings, to change this you need the programm SwitchResX, with this you can add the resolution 3200x1800, then you can chose 1600x900 HiDPI which is perfect for the touch screen :D

23256538oi.jpg

AppleHDA_XE700T1C.kext.zip

Reset.Audio.zip

• Like 1