HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Speedstepping still intact. Did nothing before or after the install other use an older kext for my wifi, and as I don't use nullcpu, installed a previously patched Applintelcpupowermanagement kext. Temperatures are the same as when I run Widows 10 on the same machine.

Is there someone who has made it to run HighSierra on a z620 dual-cpu-setup? This thing is driving me up the wall. It could be my 5th hackintosh, but i just can not get him up and running.

Any users with a z620? Any hints for special z620-beast?

Thx for your PDF, but i know this guide und unfortunaly did not help. I crawled the internet for every hint.

Sierra 10.12.6 is running fine, but HighSierra 10.13 crashed with kernel panic in the early bootprocess. (to fast for a screenshot)

I'm using clover 4210, fakesmc.kext and RehabMan USBInjectAll.kext

maybe i missed something

• Like 1

Speedstepping still intact. Did nothing before or after the install other use an older kext for my wifi, and as I don't use nullcpu, installed a previously patched Applintelcpupowermanagement kext. Temperatures are the same as when I run Widows 10 on the same machine.

Hi jaymack

That's great!  I tried patching using post #921 guide on El Capitan 10.11.6 however I had instability up removing nullcpu kext.  Would you mind posting your

clover folder with your dsdt, ssdt, kexts, and clover config along with your patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext?

My z400 config is almost identical to your except I have 18gb ram. I will be attempting to upgrade to Sierra and then High Siera GM this weekend.

Thank You!

-apav

Hi jaymack

That's great!  I tried patching using post #921 guide on El Capitan 10.11.6 however I had instability up removing nullcpu kext.  Would you mind posting your

clover folder with your dsdt, ssdt, kexts, and clover config along with your patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext?

My z400 config is almost identical to your except I have 18gb ram. I will be attempting to upgrade to Sierra and then High Siera GM this weekend.

Thank You!

-apav

Install appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext  to S/L/E Delete all instances of nullcpu from kext folder. Repair permissions. 

I used this command to create an install USB for High Sierra. 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Use this config.plist with USB and install latest version of Clover

insanely.zip

config-sample-legacy.plist.zip

• Like 2

Install appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext  to S/L/E Delete all instances of nullcpu from kext folder. Repair permissions. 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Thanks jaymack,

I'll give it a go and report back!

-apav

Hello everyone.

I just installed the final version of Mac OS Hihg Sierra without any problems.
To do this I used:
For the creation of the USB key the utility provided by Rockey12 namely BootBuddy.app (very good).
Then I installed HighSierra without any problems.
For what uses an nvidia graphics card like me, when installing nvidia drivers, I had an error, after research I read that I had to modify the RTvariables in clover in order to pass CsrAticeconfig to 0x00, then to put it back in 0x67 and everything works.
I want to thank Rockey12, Jaymack as well as Chris1111 (for his installers, as they really are), but also the whole community for their work.

Thanks to ALL.

post-555267-0-70384100-1506937583_thumb.png

• Like 3

Hello everyone.

To do this I used:
For the creation of the USB key the utility provided by Rockey12 namely BootBuddy.app (very good).
For what uses an nvidia graphics card like me, when installing nvidia drivers, I had an error, after research I read that I had to modify the RTvariables in clover in order to pass CsrAticeconfig to 0x00, then to put it back in 0x67 and everything works.
I want to thank Rockey12, Jaymack as well as Chris1111 (for his installers, as they really are), but also the whole community for their work.

Thanks to ALL.

You too have always tried your best to help others to solve the many problems that come with getting an Hackintosh up and running and of course alway wanting the latest version of OS X!

• Like 2

Hello,

A small question about the Z400. Does your firewire work? Since the installation on Z400 I can not make it work. Rockey12 I noticed that in your config.plist there are settings for your firewire 'rubrque device', I tried to apply them but nothing done. I would like to know how you found these parameters with IOregistry?
Thank you.
Otherwise everything works, it's just one more firewire (history of perfection).
Thank you guys
  • Like 1

Hello,

A small question about the Z400. Does your firewire work? Since the installation on Z400 I can not make it work. Rockey12 I noticed that in your config.plist there are settings for your firewire 'rubrque device', I tried to apply them but nothing done. I would like to know how you found these parameters with IOregistry?
Thank you.
Otherwise everything works, it's just one more firewire (history of perfection).
Thank you guys

How can it be known if firewire is working without having a Firewire device to test it?

How can it be known if firewire is working without having a Firewire device to test it?

Check your HPET device in DSDT. Probably, you need 4 IRQs instead of just 2. That's what did it for me. I had started out with a DSDT from jaymack initially but needed to make quite a few adjustments to it in order to get everything working properly for my Z400.

You can have a pretty good idea if your firewire is OK by looking at the Firewire line item of your System Profile. If there is a red message there, it's no bueno.

I make practically no mods through the clover config. I focus on the DSDT.

I plan to publish my config files when I get a chance if anyone is interested. I am only running 10.11.6, however.

Also, I never run installations. I simply "clone and go" making necessary EFI and SLE customizations along the way.

Edited by bisk
  • Like 2

This appears to be the patch needed to achieve 4 IRQs. It's been such a long time since I played around with a DSDT that I don't remember how to apply it. The DSDT that I use, I got from a member who used to post here a long time ago. He too had an HP Z400.

Device (HPET)                {                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))                    Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()                    {                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {2}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {8}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {11}                        IRQNoFlags ()                            {15}                        Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base                            0x00000400,         // Address Length                            _Y10)                    })                    ...

• Like 2

Honestly I´d gave up about update to High Sierra, my Z600 is running 10.12.5 fine, apart of Cmos Reset when shutdown and FaceTime doesn´t work, but for me not important.

Most of you are writing about change DSDT and things way above my knowledge

But then I see this 

Hello everyone.

To do this I used:

Thanks to ALL.

I give a try because I have a spare SSD 

Again, I do not read or prepare anything, download HighSierra, run BootBuddy and try (as this post say), do not even boot, I install Clover (do not know version even), put my 10.12 EFI partition and then go to apple screen a reboot forever.

I do not know what can I do, maybe if I have time I repeat with some investigation but it´s an wasted hour, no so easy.

I understand, no complaints, Hackintosh it´s not a plugandplay, I´m in it for years but looks overwhelming for me to learn programming or whatever is all that code.

Kif.007 i do not question what you post but could you help me a little, what step I miss? 

Thank you 

Honestly I´d gave up about update to High Sierra, my Z600 is running 10.12.5 fine, apart of Cmos Reset when shutdown and FaceTime doesn´t work, but for me not important.

Most of you are writing about change DSDT and things way above my knowledge

But then I see this 

I give a try because I have a spare SSD 

Again, I do not read or prepare anything, download HighSierra, run BootBuddy and try (as this post say), do not even boot, I install Clover (do not know version even), put my 10.12 EFI partition and then go to apple screen a reboot forever.

I do not know what can I do, maybe if I have time I repeat with some investigation but it´s an wasted hour, no so easy.

I understand, no complaints, Hackintosh it´s not a plugandplay, I´m in it for years but looks overwhelming for me to learn programming or whatever is all that code.

Kif.007 i do not question what you post but could you help me a little, what step I miss? 

Thank you 

Did you make a 10.13 folder and put your 10.12 kexts inside?

-apav

Hi Jaymack,

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra this weekend.  I had native sound working(on El Capitan) with Codeccommander however it was causing

kernel panic kext on boot on Sierra.  Just curious if you are using codeccommander and native sound or are you using voodooaudio for Sierra and High Sierra?

I have my Hi Sierra USB made with your help and it boots the installer just fine, I'm just waiting for my new flash drive before 

going to high sierra, I'd rather not have to convert to APFS after installing on my spinner hd.

Thanks for your help.

-apav

• Like 1

Did you make a 10.13 folder and put your 10.12 kexts inside?

-apav

Hi Jaymack,

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra this weekend.  I had native sound working(on El Capitan) with Codeccommander however it was causing

kernel panic kext on boot on Sierra.  Just curious if you are using codeccommander and native sound or are you using voodooaudio for Sierra and High Sierra?

I have my Hi Sierra USB made with your help and it boots the installer just fine, I'm just waiting for my new flash drive before 

going to high sierra, I'd rather not have to convert to APFS after installing on my spinner hd.

Thanks for your help.

-apav

If you look in my kext 10.13 folder you will see that I am using vooddoohda for the on board sound. In the past I used a Sound blaster Audigy card and then a USB sound device. Recently I started using the on board sound and it is more than good enough.

• Like 3