Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 07/11/2018)

716 posts in this topic

here are your options

- wait for nvidia web driver that supports 10.11.2

- install combo update 10.11.1 to revert the update (after editing System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist)

I couldn't find the combo update for 10.11.1...

could you provide the link if you see it.

thanks

Has anyone noticed stuttering with 346.03.03f02? I have a GTX 970. It is very noticeable using the OpenGL Extension Viewer test. The rotating cube stutters quite a bit. I also notice a lot of stuttering in Diablo III just running around.

I had a little stuttering with Pro Evoulution soccer 2016 (through Wineskin), while before the change of the driver it worked very very fluid

Testing now...

EDIT: Works ok.

(With OpenCL issues :((((

Thanks!

Please, to others reporting WORKS..., test also OpenCL or other gpu accelerated stuff like coreimage, Videoplayback  by running Luxmark (openCL), Oceanwave OpenCL Bench, Preview pic edit tasks (sharpen, ...) .

Thanks!

Please, to others reporting WORKS..., test also OpenCL or other gpu accelerated stuff like coreimage, Videoplayback  by running Luxmark (openCL), Oceanwave OpenCL Bench, Preview pic edit tasks (sharpen, ...) .

406269Capturedcran20151102221544.png

• Like 1

I'm stuck at boot after updating web drivers to 346.03.03f01 on 10.11.1. GTX 970.

It just hangs about half way into the boot sequence ("Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" with -v).

I tried almost every combination of boot args possible, changed NVDARequiredOS, deleted NVDAStartupWeb.kext, updated the kext cache, unplugged the graphics card..

Anybody knows what's up? I'm a complete noob.

10.11.2 Beta 2 nVidia Well done

attachicon.gifBeta 2.jpg

How can you get this working now ?

Are you using Enoch 27xx or Clover bootloader ?

CsrActiveConfig = ?

Because after update to 10.11.2 I have to use nv_disable=1 instead of nvda_drv=1 to login Desktop, and VRAM=0

Can you help me to get GTX 960 working even I installed the newest Web Nvidia Driver Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.04b01

I'm stuck at boot after updating web drivers to 346.03.03f01 on 10.11.1. GTX 970.

It just hangs about half way into the boot sequence ("Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" with -v).

I tried almost every combination of boot args possible, changed NVDARequiredOS, deleted NVDAStartupWeb.kext, updated the kext cache, unplugged the graphics card..

Anybody knows what's up? I'm a complete noob.

Hi,

I expect to get into the same problem as yours tomorrow as i'll be updating a friend's hackintosh with a GTX 970.

I left him this summer running fine on Yosemite but he recently updated to El Capitan and called me back as he was stuck at boot.

I must admit I've given up hackintosh stories as I have a reak iMac now but it runs with a nvidia 675MX and i use an nvidia driver.

the updater is similar to the app referred to on this forum.

That being said, what will I (and eternal404) have to do to get the hack GTX 970 working on El Capitan in a few words ?

Try to get to the deskop by disabling nvidia in boot args and then installing the latest driver with the nvidia web driver update ? just this ?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I expect to get into the same problem as yours tomorrow as i'll be updating a friend's hackintosh with a GTX 970.

I left him this summer running fine on Yosemite but he recently updated to El Capitan and called me back as he was stuck at boot.

I must admit I've given up hackintosh stories as I have a reak iMac now but it runs with a nvidia 675MX and i use an nvidia driver.

the updater is similar to the app referred to on this forum.

That being said, what will I (and eternal404) have to do to get the hack GTX 970 working on El Capitan in a few words ?

Try to get to the deskop by disabling nvidia in boot args and then installing the latest driver with the nvidia web driver update ? just this ?

Thanks a lot

If this did not work in 10.11.1, you may try to upgrade to 10.11.2 with nv_disable=1 at first.

After reboot with nv_disable=1 in 10.11.2, it may work after reboot by nvda_drv=1 if you install the correct version of Web Nvidia Driver.

That was my experience for Nvidia GTX 960 and 550 Ti.