Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

hello

sorry i wait for Slice answer to this .. but last days several bad commits in clover sources

inject kext .. kext_patcher .. nothing new and only problems

thanks

Ah all right. No. Actually kext_patcher.c changed in 3956.

@artur_pt

Hi. May have a try with this? (Compiled based on r3957 but with the kext_patcher.c of r3955)  :)

PMheart

hello

is only working with com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

and is a plugin from io80211

for me is not working other way

this is not good

thanks

Me too. I have to changed airport name like you in latest clover.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

hello

maybe Slice have a solution to this .. kextpatcher should apply old config too .. and new ones is a user option ..

that's why u have here to post

thanks

But... Just r3956 made old configs not work in some cases... So just revert back them is enough?

PMheart

hello

maybe Slice have a solution to this .. kextpatcher should apply old config too .. and new ones is a user option ..

that's why u have here to post

thanks

I mentioned it #1372

I used normal binary file name in config.plist like you in r3955 and older. Previous clover is no problem about kext_patcher.

But i have problem like you in 3956. Fred and Slice recommend full name in KextsToPatch if use binary name.

I followed this rules, and all change name in my config.plist

Maybe we need to follow this rules.

Fred and Slice recommend full name in KextsToPatch if use binary name.

Full name of the binary is AirPortBrcm4360:

SPEEDY-NUC:~ rehabman$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/
total 17240
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8825904 Oct 21 02:08 AirPortBrcm4360
But it evidently Name=AirPortBrcm4360 does not work with the current code.

Needs fixing.

• Like 2

hi,

seems the problem is not in startLoader.

osi_type is correct, linux.

i disabled almost everything there but the smbios is still 3.0

i attached a log with my currently installed clover and i added dmidecode output

thanks

Reports are that the old way does not work.

For example it is common to use AirPortBrcm4360 to patch bundle com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

Yes, I see. There is a dot inside the name :)

Sure, I will correct this. 

List, please, both EFI partitions, disk1s1 and disk2s1.

Here you go.

post-950366-0-47082100-1481305612_thumb.png

I download the latest source code, but failed to build it. 

Edit:

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/syscl/cloverefiboot-code/../../opt/local
NASM_PREFIX: 
NASM_VER: 0.98.40
your nasm is not good to build Clover!

Rev 3958

Here you go.

attachicon.gifSnip20161209_1.png

I download the latest source code, but failed to build it. 

Edit:

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/syscl/cloverefiboot-code/../../opt/local
NASM_PREFIX: 
NASM_VER: 0.98.40
your nasm is not good to build Clover!

Download this one and place into

/usr/local/bin

nasm-2.12.02-macosx.zip

Look also into OEM folder. And check if your second config.plist contains name "MacBookPro1".

Rev 3958

Download this one and place into

/usr/local/bin

nasm-2.12.02-macosx.zip

Look also into OEM folder. And check if your second config.plist contains name "MacBookPro1".

Thanks, here's the screenshot

post-950366-0-10374800-1481308781_thumb.png

Still failed to compile: Can't find edksetup.sh script

I double check all the config.plist, no there's no MacBookPro1, all is fine.

syscl

Rename folder "cloverefiboot-code" to "Clover". There is name dependencies.

I renamed it, but failed. Then I search the edksetup under Clover/, no such file:

post-950366-0-27926000-1481312198_thumb.png

I use svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ cloverefiboot-code to download the source code, is that right?

syscl

I renamed it, but failed. Then I search the edksetup under Clover/, no such file:

attachicon.gifSnip20161209_3.png

I use svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ cloverefiboot-code to download the source code, is that right?

syscl

Hi. Try Micky's script. May help. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313240-build-clovercommand-another-script-to-build-standard-clover-or-customized/)

And also you can use `svn co -r 3960 svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code ~/src/edk2/Clover` to download Clover's source code.

Tips:

1. You can run `svn info svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code | grep "Revision" | awk '{print $2;}'` to get the current latest version.

2. Also. You can try `svn co -r $(svn info svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code | grep "Revision" | awk '{print $2;}'svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code ~/src/edk2/Clover` to download Clover's latest version. LOL

3. ~/src/edk2/Clover is for me. You may change this.

PMheart

@Slice

fixed binary name(kext_patcher.c) in r3960. i returned binary name from bundle name of kext.

thank you.

Why... If you use bundle name then will only patch the kext itself. A more precise and speed-up way...

PMheart

Hi. Try Micky's script. May help. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313240-build-clovercommand-another-script-to-build-standard-clover-or-customized/)

And also you can use `svn co -r 3960 svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code ~/src/edk2/Clover` to download Clover's source code.

Tips:

1. You can run `svn info svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code | grep "Revision" | awk '{print $2;}'` to get the current latest version.

2. Also. You can try `svn co -r $(svn info svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code | grep "Revision" | awk '{print $2;}') svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code ~/src/edk2/Clover` to download Clover's latest version. LOL

3. ~/src/edk2/Clover is for me. You may change this.

PMheart

Why... If you use bundle name then will only patch the kext itself. A more precise and speed-up way...

PMheart

I prefer to use binary name.

I have used this method a long time ago. many users too. Example AirPort and AppleHDA patches. Search config.plist.

Also config-sample-small.plist use binary name or bundle name.

Thank you

I prefer to use binary name.

I have used this method a long time ago. many users too. Example AirPort and AppleHDA patches. Search config.plist.

Also config-sample-small.plist use binary name or bundle name.

Thank you

Yes. And Clover support both evidently when KextToPatch was introduced... But to use bundle name will speed up the patch speed.

Yes. And Clover support both evidently when KextToPatch was introduced... But to use bundle name will speed up the patch speed.

I didn't see difference speed from bundle and or binary name. I use ssd.

Anyway i'm happy about this feature is back in latest commit

What evidence do you have of this performance improvement?

I find with older Clover, you can already specify the complete bundle name, if you want (tested with v3766).

I didn't see difference speed from bundle and or binary name. I use ssd.

Anyway i'm happy about this feature is back in latest commit

Ah yes... The code is very fast to execute. So not necessary anyway. LOL

What evidence do you have of this performance improvement?

I find with older Clover, you can already specify the complete bundle name, if you want (tested with v3766).

e.g. If I use 'AppleHDA' then will try to patch AppleHDA itself and its dependencies like AppleHDAController etc. You can check the Info.plist of AppleHDA.

If I use 'com.apple.driver.applehda' then will try to patch AppleHDA itself only. Will not patch its dependencies.

Obviously. This can bring performance improvement.

Yes. I prefer to use bundle name... About 2 years ago. Seemed Clover supported both since KextToPatch was firstly introduced.

PMheart

e.g. If I use 'AppleHDA' then will try to patch AppleHDA itself and its dependencies like AppleHDAController etc. You can check the Info.plist of AppleHDA.

If I use 'com.apple.driver.applehda' then will try to patch AppleHDA itself only. Will not patch its dependencies.

Obviously. This can bring performance improvement.

But this capability was already in the code. No changes were required.

Nice to hear the original functionality was restored.