Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

Hi.

It seems that ForceKextsToLoad is broken. It only works with InjectKext enabled. For otherwise ForceKextsToLoad will not work...

Edit: I found that ForceKextsToLoad & InjectKext were attached. But I think we should separate them cuz we may not need them at the same time.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

PMheart

Check ProductName after ExitBS, so write to NV once it returned...

Thanks @Download-Fritz, is there some functions can write ProductName after ExitBS? I noticed that macOS failed to write to NV after aptiofix2drv/aptiofixdrv return. It's not the aptiofix2drv's bug, it's more like macOS failed to write information to NV on Skylake model. 

Thanks in advance,

syscl

• Like 1

R3974 build has rc script bug for laptop users.

Bug is brightness load after reboot. Always hold on brightness value.

I already report this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284656-Clover-General-discussion&do=findComment&comment=2339408

I dont use filevault2. Tested only brightness load

And i see other user report this problem in other forum.

Thank you.

Happy new year.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Some drivers like RealtekRTL8111 by @Mieze is able to make ethernet automatically built-in. And I think Clover can utterly does nothing. For my RTL8111E. I just use Mieze's RTL8111.kext and set nothing on this in Clover. And the ethernet got built-in.

BTW. Happy new year.  :)

PMheart

• Like 1

Some drivers like RealtekRTL8111 by @Mieze is able to make ethernet automatically built-in. And I think Clover can utterly does nothing. For my RTL8111E. I just use Mieze's RTL8111.kext and set nothing on this in Clover. And the ethernet got built-in.

BTW. Happy new year.  :)

PMheart

thank you so much,RTL8111E and 88E8053 also auto built in

but when i use chameleon boot 88E8053,it is not auto built in

i got lost log in screen randomly on Sierra,maybe clover problem,what is the replacement for clover?

thank you so much,RTL8111E and 88E8053 also auto built in

but when i use chameleon boot 88E8053,it is not auto built in

i got lost log in screen randomly on Sierra,maybe clover problem,what is the replacement for clover?

Weird. I don't know that what Clover does.

Can you explain that what's the meaning of "got lost log in screen randomly "?

Weird. I don't know that what Clover does.

Can you explain that what's the meaning of "got lost log in screen randomly "?

sometimes I boot my Sierra,I can not reach log in window,I got black screen and I can move cursor but I can do nothing.by the way your GTX650 can not work on Sierra OOB,why not replace GTX650 with HD6870?

Yes, I thought about it

Maverick is so far away,

Maybe, it is necessary to check FixLan in ACPI

You mean my motherboard has FixLAN in BIOS ACPI?here is my DSDT import from MaciASL,I can not see built in entry..

System DSDT.zip

sometimes I boot my Sierra,I can not reach log in window,I got black screen and I can move cursor but I can do nothing.by the way your GTX650 can not work on Sierra OOB,why not replace GTX650 with HD6870?

You mean my motherboard has FixLAN in BIOS ACPI?here is my DSDT import from MaciASL,I can not see built in entry..

I have the same problem sometimes. And I just type in password in blind then I entered into the desktop...

Ah unfortunately. Seemed something wrong with my motherboard. Now using a real MacPro5,1, not that hack anymore.

• Like 2

R3974 build has rc script bug for laptop users.

Bug is brightness load after reboot. Always hold on brightness value.

I already report this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284656-Clover-General-discussion&do=findComment&comment=2339408

I dont use filevault2. Tested only brightness load

And i see other user report this problem in other forum.

Thank you.

Happy new year.

Another NVRAM related bug posted by @gujiangjiang is that once we use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the default Boot Volume = Last Boot Volume has no effect. 

Do you encounter this?

syscl

• Like 1

Another NVRAM related bug posted by @gujiangjiang is that once we use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the default Boot Volume = Last Boot Volume has no effect.

Do you encounter this?

syscl

When we get this bug?

Since old version? Or r3961 or over?

Did you test r3974 build? Same?

3974 have two nvram.plist and i only test it in my HP with legacy boot and can't set LASTBOOTVOLUME so i don't sure if the 3974 can remenber the last boot volume in Clover.

I will test later and happy new year to you.

Thanks!

Did you test r3974 build? Same?

I have test the 3974 with lastbootedvolume and found it can't remenber the last boot volume.

I think it might be the clover only save nvram to native nvram but can't save nvram to nvram.plist so it can't save last boot volume.

Ps:The bright vaule can be saved perfectly in ESP.

I have test the 3974 with lastbootedvolume and found it can't remenber the last boot volume.

I think it might be the clover only save nvram to native nvram but can't save nvram to nvram.plist so it can't save last boot volume.

Ps:The bright vaule can be saved perfectly in ESP.

I agree lastbootedvolume need to native nvram support.

R3974 work brightness load? Sure?

Clear nvram files. And decrease brightness with very low if you use higher brightness. And reboot

My laptop still show brightness load bug in latest build.

So i suggested solution above.

Try test again about brightness load

I agree lastbootedvolume need to native nvram support.

R3974 work brightness load? Sure?

Clear nvram files. And decrease brightness with very low if you use higher brightness. And reboot

My laptop still show brightness load bug in latest build.

So i suggested solution above.

Try test again about brightness load

1.Last boot volume:We can suggest slice to add juge to clover if detect the nvram.plist then save clover nvram to nvram.plist than save to native nvram.

2.I have use "sudo nvram -c" and restart and found the bright level can't save just now and always show the level i used to set.does it the "nvram -c" bug?

3.First boot on macOS it have nvram.plist on ESP and second boot it have nvram on macintoshHD and when delete this two files it always show again and i don't know what it the real nvram.plist.

Forgive my poor english if some word discribed incorrectly can ask me.

Thanks for your work.

1.Last boot volume:We can suggest slice to add juge to clover if detect the nvram.plist then save clover nvram to nvram.plist than save to native nvram.

2.I have use "sudo nvram -c" and restart and found the bright level can't save just now and always show the level i used to set.does it the "nvram -c" bug?

3.First boot on macOS it have nvram.plist on ESP and second boot it have nvram on macintoshHD and when delete this two files it always show again and i don't know what it the real nvram.plist.

Forgive my poor english if some word discribed incorrectly can ask me.

Thanks for your work.

1. yes. it's best if clover can

2. i mentioned point. actually terminal code is not important about brightness load after reboot. we need rc script to work brightness load or not.

3. right. latest rc script behavior to make nvram.plist in ESP, and Mac drive. maybe to make nvram.plist in ESP support FileVault2. I don't use this.

me too about my english poor.

try this with instruction.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317290-filevault-2/?p=2341352

thank you.

This save nvram to only ESP to support Filevault?

And i really want to know why skl platform don't support native nvram.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

My edit rc script makes only nvram.plist in mac drive root.

First delete two nvram files in ESP, Mac root.

Then, try my rc script file above link.

Tell me brightness work or not.

I don't know why not support native nvram in skylake platform.