Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

OK, I committed kext inject patch. But I don't want to change default MacModel because it may change behavior for users of such CPU.

Take into account that MacBookPro131 is not supported in ElCapitan. There must be user intervention.

You're right. If skylake laptop users want to use el capitan, they have to use macbookair6,2 or pro11,1 etc smbios.

Its not important for me. I just followed code history of each models. Then just suggest to you.

I always follow your mind. You're best.

Always Thank you.

Have a nice day

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

@Fred, to get current "gKextBundleIdentifier" need to comment out this line (supposed not to debug only)

//if (Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KPDebug) {
  ExtractKextBoundleIdentifier(InfoPlist);
//}

It is ONLY for debug.

You're right. If skylake laptop users want to use el capitan, they have to use macbookair6,2 or pro11,1 etc smbios.

Its not important for me. I just followed code history of each models. Then just suggest to you.

I always follow your mind. You're best.

Always Thank you.

Have a nice day

Nope. I don't think use MBP13,x / MB9,1 as default model is ok. Cuz it may cause kernel panic after loading X86* (actually caused by unsupported hwp in frequencyvectors). I think using MBP12,1 (broadwell) or MBP11,x (haswell) is enough.

Nope. I don't think use MBP13,x / MB9,1 as default model is ok. Cuz it may cause kernel panic after loading X86* (actually caused by unsupported hwp in frequencyvectors). I think using MBP12,1 (broadwell) or MBP11,x (haswell) is enough.

Its users choice. Clover make users boot any osx. Yes some model has panic without hwp. Sierra is no problem. El capitan has problem if default model is skylake model. Already i checked.

I just suggest model default.

I use skylake laptop and sierra. I tested 13,1~13,3. Also before release macbookpro13,x, i use mba6,2

Also if skylake user choice broadwell model smbios with ssdt.aml, when reach login windows, mouse cursor has some stop(4~5times). Haswell smbios is no problem.

Depend on smbios model by slice.

I mentioned it above.

Thank you.

Its users choice. Clover make users boot any osx. Yes some model has panic without hwp. Sierra is no problem. El capitan has problem if default model is skylake model. Already i checked.

I just suggest model default.

I use skylake laptop and sierra. I tested 13,1~13,3. Also before release macbookpro13,x, i use mba6,2

Also if skylake user choice broadwell model smbios with ssdt.aml, when reach login windows, mouse cursor has some stop(4~5times). Haswell smbios is no problem.

Depend on smbios model by slice.

I mentioned it above.

Thank you.

Yes. But it seems that the patch may be failed on some Skylake models. In this case they have to use a Broadwell or Haswell SMBios. But to choose a Broadwell SMBios is due to the customizable LFM (Low Frequency Mode). You can use a lower LFM if use Broadwell or Skylake SMBios. Nevertheless this is impossible for setting Haswell SMBios cuz the LFM of Haswell is only 800MHz (x8). And for Skylake users they should only use a Broadwell or Skylake SMBios to lower the LFM in FrequencyVectors.

OK, I committed kext inject patch. But I don't want to change default MacModel because it may change behavior for users of such CPU.

Take into account that MacBookPro131 is not supported in ElCapitan. There must be user intervention.

Hi Slice. 

I don't suggest you use MacBookPro / MacBookAir models for Dell Skylake laptop users. Because there is a restriction on Dell Skylake models - only 10 characters are accepted. (e.g. 'M', 'a', 'c', 'B', 'o', 'o', 'k', 'P', 'r', 'o', '1', '3', ',', '2' is obviously greater than 10 char, it is 14 chars, and if they use a MBP then will display like 'MacBookPro1' or 'MacBookAir1'.)  This may cause problems. So I think to use a short SMBios like MacBook by default is better.

• Like 1

Yes. But it seems that the patch may be failed on some Skylake models. In this case they have to use a Broadwell or Haswell SMBios. But to choose a Broadwell SMBios is due to the customizable LFM (Low Frequency Mode). You can use a lower LFM if use Broadwell or Skylake SMBios. Nevertheless this is impossible for setting Haswell SMBios cuz the LFM of Haswell is only 800MHz (x8). And for Skylake users they should only use a Broadwell or Skylake SMBios to lower the LFM in FrequencyVectors.

Hi Slice. 

I don't suggest you use MacBookPro / MacBookAir models for Dell Skylake laptop users. Because there is a restriction on Dell Skylake models - only 10 characters are accepted. (e.g. 'M', 'a', 'c', 'B', 'o', 'o', 'k', 'P', 'r', 'o', '1', '3', ',', '2' is obviously greater than 10 char, it is 14 chars, and if they use a MBP then will display like 'MacBookPro1' or 'MacBookAir1'.)  This may cause problems. So I think to use a short SMBios like MacBook by default is better.

Can you explain me where the restriction of 10 chars live? Clover has a restriction of 64 chars.

Look at proposed patche at #1342. 

cecekpawon works on it and propose something else in his GitHub.

Fred

Sorry, where is the post?

Can you explain me where the restriction of 10 chars live? Clover has a restriction of 64 chars.

Sorry, where is the post?

It seems the issue of Dell MotherBoard only. Not Clover bug. For Skylake Dell users, they should use MacBook instead of MacBookAir/MacBookPro to avoid longer chars.

It seems the issue of Dell MotherBoard only. Not Clover bug. For Skylake Dell users, they should use MacBook instead of MacBookAir/MacBookPro to avoid longer chars.

Why motherboard? Clover made SMBIOS table and sent it to macOS. Why the name will be cutted?

OK, I accepted idea of this patch but...

1. Actually we don't need for such check because DataToSearch should be chosen to strictly match in only kext.

2. There is a logical mistake

+BOOLEAN
+isPatchNameMatch (
+  CHAR8   *BundleIdentifier,
+  CHAR8   *Name
+) {
+  BOOLEAN   isBundle = (AsciiStrStr(Name, ".") != NULL);
+  return
+    isBundle
+      ? (AsciiStrCmp(BundleIdentifier, Name) == 0)
+      : (AsciiStrStr(BundleIdentifier, Name) == 0);
 }

See?

Why motherboard? Clover made SMBIOS table and sent it to macOS. Why the name will be cutted?

Not sure currently. Seems this issue only appeared on Dell Skylake Models. And I assume that maybe a length restriction on MotherBoard (maybe caused by DMI). Only 11 chars (M a c B o o k P r o 1) are accepted on Dell Skylake Models.

1. Actually we don't need for such check because DataToSearch should be chosen to strictly match in only kext.

+BOOLEAN
+isPatchNameMatch (
+  CHAR8   *Name
+) {
+  return
+    isBundle
 }

See?

Rev 3956 is ok for me, it just patch what I defined in config.plist.

Fred

Not sure currently. Seems this issue only appeared on Dell Skylake Models. And I assume that maybe a length restriction on MotherBoard (maybe caused by DMI). Only 11 chars (M a c B o o k P r o 1) are accepted on Dell Skylake Models.

But sorry, DMI will not work after Clover. And macOS will not read DMI after Clover.

Can you show me, what is the case? Or it is just a rumor?

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 18.12.28.png

+BOOLEAN
+isPatchNameMatch (
+  CHAR8   *Name
+) {
+  return
+    isBundle
 }

See?

r3956 has kexttopatch issue. some patches are not working.

r3955 is no problem.

thank you.

+BOOLEAN
+isPatchNameMatch (
+  CHAR8   *Name
+) {
+  return
+    isBundle
 }

See?

My test was that :   (AsciiStrStr(gKextBoundleIdentifier, Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KextPatches[i].Name) != NULL) ) 

Fred

here is kexttopatch.

wifi patch is not working.

i maybe think that info.plist patch is not working. other hex patches are working(sound, boot glitch patch, trim enabler).

here

in your config.plist Put Brcm4360 in name or full com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

I use full name with my patch it should be like this.

Fred

My test was that :   (AsciiStrStr(gKextBoundleIdentifier, Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KextPatches[i].Name) != NULL) )

Fred

in your config.plist Put Brcm4360 in name or full com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

I use full name with my patch it should be like this.

Fred

Do I have to use full name?

other AppleHDA and etc are no problem. i just wonder it

add.  checked it.

we have to use full kexts name. if don't use full name, some kexts patches(wifi) will not working.

many users usually use short name. they will have to change full name...

Do I have to use full name?

other AppleHDA and etc are no problem. i just wonder it

I've same patch as you brcm4360 and works.

With my patch I was using com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 or Brcm4360.

I think we should always use full name.

Fred

I've same patch as you brcm4360 and works.

With my patch I was using com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 or Brcm4360.

I think we should always use full name.

Fred

Perhaps the next version will cause a lot of confusion about WiFi being up and running.

because many users with me use short kexts name. i don't see users use kext name full about wifi.

anyways checked it.

thanks.

Perhaps the next version will cause a lot of confusion about WiFi being up and running.

because many users with me use short kexts name. i don't see users use kext name full about wifi.

anyways checked it.

thanks.

I think to use full name is right.

e.g. Try patching AppleHDA:

1. If name == AppleHDA then will patch AppleHDA and others like AppleHDAController.

2. If name == com.apple.driver.AppleHDA then only patch AppleHDA itself.

PMheart

@Slice

It seems that XPS 13 9350(Skylake) has a bug that Clover failed to inject long ProductName, e.g. if I set ProductName to MacBookPro13,1 macOS just shows MacBookPro1

Any other information I have to provide? For example the ioreg, screenshot after setting ProductName to MacBookPro13,1 ...?

syscl