331 posts in this topic

I started by checking which ports are in use and which not.

• HS01 : USB3 (bottom)
  • HS02 : NOT USED 
  • HS03 : USB3 (center)
  • HS04 : USB3 (top)!
  • HS05 : cam 1
  • HS06 : cam 2
  • HS07 : bluetooth
  • HS08 : Cintiq
  • HS09 : NOT USED
  • HS10 : NOT USED
  • HS11 : NOT USED
  • SSP1 : USB3 (bottom)
  • SSP2 : USB3 (top)
  • SSP3 : USB3 (center)

Then I installed Rehabmans USBInjectAll.kext and added this to the boot arguments in my config.plist

uia_exclude=HS02;HS04;HS09;HS10;HS11

But since you mentioned I should create a SSDT-UIAC and cause it seemed like the more future proof and "clean" approach I tried to create one, removed the boot argument and added my SSDT-UIAC.aml to the SortedOrder.

Unfortunately some of the ports behave kinda weird: the USB3-port I've using for my boot-stick doesn't detect the stick anymore if booted in El Capitan. If I unplug and replug the stick it get's detected. And after pluging in the wifi-dongle I get a message, that the device needs more power. After restarting the same port seems be ok for the dongle.

I've attached my SSDT-UIAC, it would be great if you could take a look at it.

SSDT-UIAC.zip

• Like 2

I started by checking which ports are in use and which not.

• HS01 : USB3 (bottom)
  • HS02 : NOT USED 
  • HS03 : USB3 (center)
  • HS04 : NOT USED
  • HS05 : cam 1
  • HS06 : cam 2
  • HS07 : bluetooth
  • HS08 : Cintiq
  • HS09 : NOT USED
  • HS10 : NOT USED
  • HS11 : NOT USED
  • SSP1 : USB3 (bottom)
  • SSP2 : USB3 (top)
  • SSP3 : USB3 (center)

Then I installed Rehabmans USBInjectAll.kext and added this to the boot arguments in my config.plist

uia_exclude=HS02;HS04;HS09;HS10;HS11

But since you mentioned I should create a SSDT-UIAC and cause it seemed like the more future proof and "clean" approach I tried to create one, removed the boot argument and added my SSDT-UIAC.aml to the SortedOrder.

Unfortunately some of the ports behave kinda weird: the USB3-port I've using for my boot-stick doesn't detect the stick anymore if booted in El Capitan. If I unplug and replug the stick it get's detected. And after pluging in the wifi-dongle I get a message, that the device needs more power. After restarting the same port seems be ok for the dongle.

I've attached my SSDT-UIAC, it would be great if you could take a look at it.

I must read again everything about USB too, long time past from my tests. But for what I remember, and checking your SSDT-UIAC, these are my thoughts.

HS01, HS02 and HS03 are the usb2.0 pins for SSP1, SSP2 and SSP3, if I'm explaining myself right.

What I'm trying to say is each usb3.0 ports counts as two, one for connecting usb3.0 devices and another for usb2.0 devices. If you experiment plugging/unplugging devices into your ports while looking at IOReg, you'll see 2.0 are connected to HS01-03 and 3.0 to SSP1-3. This is important in order to be under the 15 ports limit.

Well, so those are external ports. This is translated into SSDT-UIAC putting "UsbConnector", 3. "3" means external usb3.0 port.

Ports HS05, HS06, HS07, HS08 must be set as internal I think, so it will be "USBconnector", 255. "255" means internal port.

There's one important thing, in my device HS08 contains an HUB where USB2.0-CRW (microSD reader), Cintiq Companion 13HD Touch and Cintiq Companion 2 are attached. So you probably will need to override hub info. I did that in my custom injector but since this is not working for you, I think it's time to read and test, mate. I don't know how this is done in SSDT-UIAC.

NOTE: your XHC pci device is different than mine, that's why my injector isn't working for you. I would try to edit my injector doing the following:

- Go into my injector (right click, show content package).

- Open Info.plist with PlistEdit Pro.

- Look for my pci device value and replace with yours (mine is 9c31, yours 9cb1)

- Save and install the kext.

- Post results

• Like 1

I've removed USBInjectAll.kext and installed your XHCInjectorCC2Test.kext again. This time everything looks great in the IORegistryExplorer. HS01-HS03,HS05-HS08 and SSP1-SSP3. Everything seemed to work, but as I connected some external USB 3.0 drive I noticed it's LED was white, instead of blue, which is an indicator that the drive is only connected through USB 2.0. I checked IORegistryExplorer and noticed that all HS ports are used, but only SSP1 (the bottom USB 3.0 port) actually works. The top and middle port only using USB 2.0. 

I have no idea why, cause everything seems to be in the 15 ports limit.

Two other things I noticed:

1. If I boot into El Capitan the mouse cursor is responsive for about 3-4 seconds, becomes unresponsive/slow/laggy for ca. 20 seconds and then back to normal. 

Could be fixed through correct/better ig-platform-id. In my case 0x162b0000 instead of 0x16260006

2. I can restart the Companion, but shutdown doesn't work. It seems to shut down, but even after the screen turns black the LEDs are still on and you can hear the fans spinning. It seems this is a common problem with El Capitan, but it also seems like there are a ton of possible solutions, so I thought I could maybe ask you first. Maybe you had this problem too.

Could be fixed through config.plist > ACPI > DSDT > Fixes > <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>

<true/>
Edited by schwarzgrau

Could be fixed through config.plist > ACPI > DSDT > Fixes > <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>

Yeah, but it's better for now that we are using static patching that you use [sys] Fix Shutdown patch in your DSDT. I think I forgot to mention this patch in my previous list.

Could be fixed through correct/better ig-platform-id. In my case 0x162b0000 instead of 0x16260006

Glad to hear you finally found a platform that works for you! Congrats! It seems you have almost everything working right now. 

As final tests, I recommend to check your states using AppleIntelInfo. This is for checking CPU/IGPU power management, you will see states for CPU and IGPU (the more the better). I guess if you want to ensure it is working, you should compare yours results to those you could find in a similar CPU guide.

Run some GPU benchmark like LuxMark and post results, my Haswell Iris gives me a little more than 1600.

I've removed USBInjectAll.kext and installed your XHCInjectorCC2Test.kext again. This time everything looks great in the IORegistryExplorer. HS01-HS03,HS05-HS08 and SSP1-SSP3. Everything seemed to work, but as I connected some external USB 3.0 drive I noticed it's LED was white, instead of blue, which is an indicator that the drive is only connected through USB 2.0. I checked IORegistryExplorer and noticed that all HS ports are used, but only SSP1 (the bottom USB 3.0 port) actually works. The top and middle port only using USB 2.0. 

I have no idea why, cause everything seems to be in the 15 ports limit.

Glad it works for your device, mate! I've ckecked an IOReg I saved when I used Yosemite. Yosemite detected all ports and made them work ok, so I check and compare how it assigned my ports to what I did in my custom injector. It seems I need to change a couple of things, HS08 is in a wrong location and I want to ensure all connector types are ok. 

I have a similar issue than yours, my USB3.0 devices work ok in all ports except for an HDD in a USB3.0 case that only is connected trough 3.0 speed if it's plugged in bottom port. But curious thing is that my WD 2,5" 1TB USB3.0 works as 3.0 in any port. So, definitely my injector needs some work to be perfect.

So for what I saw and guess, changes in my guide for your i7-5557U/Iris 6100 would be:

- ig-platform-id > Broadwell Iris 6100 > 0x162b0000 (others will need tests and proper DVMT-prealloc/framebuffer patches)

- SSDT.aml from Pike's script for CPU PM.

- XHC pci device change > Haswell i5-4258U comes with 9c31, Broadwell i7-5557U with 9cb1 > Injector needs customization 

Am I missing something, guys?

• Like 1

MAYOR UPDATE, GUYS!! I've got Cintiq Mode fully working!!  :thumbsup_anim:

In fact, it's the only way to properly wake my Companion. Plug cable, go to sleep, it's detected and enter Cintiq Mode. When cable is unplugged, it wakes with everything working (USB, WiFi...)

If I try to wake it pressing Power Button something goes wrong, display remains black, I think there's USB and WiFi issues since I can't use Screen Sharing from my iMac and I need to force reboot.

If I plug video cable while sleeping, Cintiq wakes with black display but this time everything works, you just need to unplug cable and detect displays pressing CMD+F2 (or you can use Screen Sharing). Changing resolution seems to trigger same result.

Bertolin!  Great find!   Never would have thought to try any of this.  I just popped in to see if anyone was chattering about the new MobileStudio Pro getting hacked and I see this gem!

I can confirm that this works.  If I connect my wacom link cable, then place my CC2 in sleep mode, I can either disconnect the cable and perfectly wake the CC2, or I can also put it into Cintiq Mode, and then disconnect when ready for another perfect wake with everything working.

I think that you are correct in a later past than the one I am quoting about it has something to do with the wifi hardware.  If I use the Wacom Link cable option to wake it from sleep, it wakes fine with the following console logs:

12/10/16 1:01:13.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: PWRB XHC (User)   <--- Strange part to me that both wake reasons are PWRB XHC (User)

12/10/16 1:01:13.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

12/10/16 1:01:13.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device MiscellaneousDevice (Port 5 of Hub at 0x1d100000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

12/10/16 1:01:13.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device BCM20702A0 (Port 7 of Hub at 0x1d100000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

12/10/16 1:01:13.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 5330.703898: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake

With no cable connected and a power button wake, I see this, without the line about the Airport card:

12/10/16 1:05:57.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: PWRB XHC (User)  <--- Strange part to me that both wake reasons are PWRB XHC (User)

12/10/16 1:05:57.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

12/10/16 1:05:57.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device MiscellaneousDevice (Port 5 of Hub at 0x1d100000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

12/10/16 1:05:57.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device BCM20702A0 (Port 7 of Hub at 0x1d100000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)

...Then poof, system crash, force restart, no further logs.

I can't tell you all how many hours I've put into figuring out this sleep thing in hopes I could pop back up in this thread with a solution for everyone.  Really good find on a great clue into this, Bertolin!  I gave up months ago, but now I'm inspired to go back to work on this again  :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late reply, I was pretty busy with some jobs.

Yea, basically I stuck to your tutorial, except of the changes you mentioned and another config.plist (which I should clean up).

I attached the files from my EFI/Clover directory. Maybe they could be helpful for someone with the same Companion.

I've also installed this kexts

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
XHCInjectorCC2.kext

Some things still doesn't work:
  • internal WIFI (as expected)
  • SD card reader (as expected)
  • volume buttons (as expected)
  • only one USB port is a true USB 3 port
  • the audio drivers doesn't load most of the time. 

CLOVER.zip

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, and thanks for these topics , everybody wonderful. I m Giuseppe and My cintiq is a companion 2 with  i7 - 5557U - intel iris 6100 - 16 gb ram - 512 hd , I finally correct my DSDT using schwarzgrau file and bettolin advice, but I need help. My situation now is:

- bluetooth stop working (anycase i Will buy new card of bluetooth and wifi compatible)
- internal WIFI (as expected)
- SD card reader (as expected)
- volume buttons (as expected)
- Touch and pen not work , after driver installation (WacomTablet_6.3.19-10) , no tablet compatible founded, maybe I mistake driver version, or sure USB IO not work fine like I read  into bertolin post, but how i can fix it? can someone help me to set usb correctly?
- also CAM stop working... i don t know why :o
thanks

----------------------

SOLVED :)

Hi schwarrz ,i delete ssdt-uiac.aml , i install usbInjectAll.kext of Rehabman, last release at

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads

After that situation is:

- Bluetooth work again

- internal Wi-Fi still not work

- pen and tuoch work for few minutes after some minutes it stop working putting CPU overthread( solutioned adding "Return=0" inside your dsdt into XWAK method, after that all touch and pen work perfeclty)

- CAMs Work again

- micro sd reader work fine

- Sd reader still not work

- no volume button

- stand By produce black screen

Before last modify only the three external ports works fine like usb3 . Now there are 15 limit USB port, but I don t verified if work like usb3 , tomorrow I will check with ioReg and I will post my results. If you need some my file I can post it. I hope that was clear what I explain.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

Absolute noob here, but wanted to give this a try. I followed Bertolin's guide to dual boot the CC2, but ran into some problems/doubts along the way: 

- "About my Mac" tells me my graphics card is 5100, but I know it's a 6100 model (Windoze told me!). Running from the USB key, graphics are a tiiny bit laggy, but my guess is it's the reading from a USB that's causing it. Should I do anything to tell the CC2 it's actually rocking a different card? I tried to change ig-platform-id through clover configurator to 0x1620002 as schwarzgrau suggested, but I still get a 5100 reading, and a message on boot stating that [iGPU] Graphics drivers failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver.

- None of the cameras in the device are recognised. I suppose this could have something to do with the USB ID? Anyway, not a vital part to me, but it would be nice to have it working. 

- Surprisingly, I have read access to the SD card (it's formatted in exFat), and it recognizes its whole 128 gb, so relatively few problems there. I know it shouldn't be working from the guide, but you never can tell. Funnily enough, when I boot into Windows 10 again, it changed its mounting letter (which I had fixed in Disk management). If there's an explanation for that, I'm all ears!!

Apart from the sound issues and my doubts regarding the graphics card, I'm almost ready to bite the bullet and clone it to my internal SSD. I'll keep this post as a log of sorts for the whole process, so newcomers like me have some extra reference. 

[EDIT: I ACTUALLY SOLVED THE ISSUES LISTED BELOW, AND I'LL TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW BENEATH MY OWN QUESTIONS]

ACPIBatteryManager.kext doesn't seem to be working: when I try to patch my DSDT through Battery CC2 Patch.txt, MaciASL tells me there's 21 errors and it won't save the .aml file. Also, even if this came out fine, I wouldn't know where to put it. My guess is EFI/CLOVER/PATCHED/ACPI, but I just couldn't tell...

I was considering re-extracting the original DSDT and SSDT and re-patching them, but before that I applied the DellXP18 battery patch. On the next reboot, I got 100% battery sign, so I'm guessing battery management is solved, in spite of the problems it had before. I honestly can't tell which solved the issue, though...

- After installing to SierraHD (the second USB), Sierra runs fine, but can only boot if install_osx (the first USB key) is there. I've read somewhere that could be a matter of the USB key being slow, and I can live with that, since the intention is to put OS in my internal drive, but I'm not sure if that could signal a problem. 

There seemed to be some trouble with kexts, and rebuilding cache seemed to do the trick. Also, I hadn't gone through the whole process of actually removing every other BIOS entry BUT UEFI:USB KEY. I'm not sure which of the two did the trick, but I can now boot from SierraHD. In that regard, I'm one happy camper!

- I checked IO in my CPU, but there was no mention of X86PlatformPligin there. Because I can't get the CC2 to connect to the internet yet (tried one of those USB to ethernet dongles to no avail, as well as a regular WIFI USB dongle: no dice!), and because I happen to have the same model as Bertolin, I copied his SSDT.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but still got this result. Am I supposed to be doing anything except copy the patched files in place in the EFI partition?

Again, this may have been solved by rebuilding cache via terminal: I previously repaired them through kextwizard. 

- VoodoHDA PrefPane only shows HDMI as a possible output, so I have no sound (couldn't check this with any HDMI monitor with speakers!). Is there anything I'm missing? It actually got to work out of the blue once, and on reboot had lost "speakers" as an option. 

It seems like the internal speakers option is lost if you enter the "audio" preference pane instead of the VoodooHDA one. Every time I've booted the system since, it found the speakers. Haven't tried the microphone yet, so I'm not calling this a victory just yet...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for all the noob questions, and for asking in what may be the wrong place, but I'm a bit lost!

Oh, and thanks to all of you for the work you put into this!

Cheers!

Carlos.

Also, I'm considering swapping the internal SSD, but I'm in doubt as to which I should get. I've seen some m.2 SSDs have two "blocks" of pins, while others have three. Can anyone who has opened the device tell me what the drive looks like? I've read some SSDs have NVME support, others don't. Is this something take into account, too? 

Thanks a ton!

EDIT: I missed the fact that an appropriate SSD form factor was suggested by Chuppiejones already. It's a 2280 m.2 SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling with the rotation of the Companion, which doesn't matter if I draw on it, since I'm right handed, but is a bit annoying if I put it on a stand and connect a second display. Cause all connectors would need to be on the wrong side.

Since my Companion didn't allow me to rotate the screen through system preferences I use Display Rotation Menu which works like a treat. The only downside is that I can't choose any screen resolution except of 2560x1440, which is pretty tiny if you're 50cm away from the screen.

post-1889628-0-40640500-1491552049_thumb.png

I've I remember correctly I already tried some EDID injection some time ago, to make retina work, which I never managed to figure out. Is this the way to go? 

Sorry to ask something that specific here, but there aren't a lot of places where someone needs to rotate the screen of his hackintosh.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I never tried it, but last week I didn't noticed that the plug wasn't inserted and worked using the battery. If I remember correctly I already worked two hours, till I noticed the battery icon showing me that I used half of the battery, so I guess 3 to 4 hours. But I guess I would need to test it to be completely sure. I can do a test today evening.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, 

I'm having a bit of (another) problem: after cloning the usb drive to the internal disk, am I supposed to install clover in that partition from the installation usb? Where should I put the config.plist? I can't see an EFI partition for it, and can't boot the computer from it when I select the partition to boot. Could this be a bad clone? I've tried several times to clone it, and always get the same result, so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Amazing work what you did. I read all the pages (many pages !) because i am considering buying a second hand companion 2. The model i'll buy will be the one from the last generation, with i7, 512 SSD and 16Go of RAM. 

What I understood is that is a bit tricker to do it with the broadwell processor, so I am going to put my hands into it and try to find a way to make it work.

From what I read, some people got this thing done with the Broadwell i7.

Anyway, as i don't have the machine yet, I cannot try yet. But in a week I will have it and give it a try. 

My questions are

- is there some people who succed doing it with this kind of proc. ?

- do people finally found a solution about the issue about the volume buttons ?

- And also, how long does it takes approximatively do get all these things done ? (for that, I know it really depends on people abilities with computer things, knowledge about hackintoshing, and so on. It will be my first experience on running a hackintosh)

Thanks a lot again for what you did.