IntelMausiEthernet.kext for Intel onboard LAN

Mieze
1,013 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have strange issue. I have an intel Nic flashed with AppleDevID so there was no need to use your kext. When I encountered issues lately( It hink its since 10.12.3) I turned on the Nic of the motherboard which is supported by your kext and is also working. The issue I encounter is that those Nics both initiates very slow. I was indeed thinking it was caused by DHCP at my router so I decided to make a new location in the network settings with a fixed IP address and removed the automatic profile. After a reboot (my network drives are mounted) I receive errors that there is no network. I see NIC as disconnected and with location profile automatic again. After a few sec it becomes green and its working normal. This is an issue cause with different SMBIOS types (MacPro5,1|iMac 14&17 etc). Any ideas?

I'm only able to get 100baseTX speed on an i219. If I go into the network options and select "Advanced", and "Hardware", then change the settings from "Automatic" to "Manual" to force 1000baseTX, the network will not connect.

Is there any established fix?

I'm only able to get 100baseTX speed on an i219. If I go into the network options and select "Advanced", and "Hardware", then change the settings from "Automatic" to "Manual" to force 1000baseTX, the network will not connect.

Is there any established fix?

Yes, fix your hardware as this is a hardware issue.

Mieze

• 1 month later...

Hi Mieze

Could you add Intel i211 Gigabit Connection into the kext? I tried all the methods I can find, nothing work

THX

I'm sorry but this is impossible because I211 has a completely different device architecture. Basically the I211 is a stripped down low cost version of the I210 which lacks support for advanced features like multiple transmit queues.

Mieze  :cat:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I get Kernel Panic. Shutdown and restart. In the Apple log appear:

com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.2.1d1)[EB3195B7-9B0D-35C9-B97F-724349AEF72C]@0xffffff7f82fed000->0xffffff7f83000fff

Do you have experience with this? can you recommend me other version?

Sierra 10.12.4

Maximus Hero VIII

IntelMausiEthernet.kext Version March 21

Thank you.

Hi, I get Kernel Panic. Shutdown and restart. In the Apple log appear:

com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.2.1d1)[EB3195B7-9B0D-35C9-B97F-724349AEF72C]@0xffffff7f82fed000->0xffffff7f83000fff

Do you have experience with this? can you recommend me other version?

Sierra 10.12.4

Maximus Hero VIII

IntelMausiEthernet.kext Version March 21

Thank you.

First of all, why are you using a development version instead of the official release?

Second, kernel panics are usually the result of a messed up system, at least I haven't seen a reported kernel panic which could be tracked down to a driver bug for the last 2 years so that it's unlikely that there is a problem with the driver. Try to reset system caches, in case it doesn't help you might want to restore to a known working state from a Time Machine backup or reinstall.

Mieze

On I217V, Asrock MB:

Latest stable version (2.2.0) loses network after some sleep/wakeup cycles. I can recover connectivity by disabling/reenabling the interface in Network Prefs, but doing it 3 times a day hurts.

Version 2.1.0d3 doesn't suffer from this, but network goes down and autorecovers under high transfer load. Even after applying the SSDT patch.

In the end, I've downgraded to 2.1.0d3 as I find it less obstructive for daily usage. I haven't tested versions between 2.1.0d3 and 2.2.0

I really ignore wich is the difference between development or official.

Don't take it personal but I really hate ignorance as it's stealing my time, in particular when users are asking for help without having their homework done. Development versions are only for testing, they still contain bugs which have been resolved in the official release and it's really wasted time to deal with things over and over again. I'm spending my spare time in order to update and support the driver but I might rethink my commitment to the project in case I get tired because of the lack of cooperation from users.

On I217V, Asrock MB:

Latest stable version (2.2.0) loses network after some sleep/wakeup cycles. I can recover connectivity by disabling/reenabling the interface in Network Prefs, but doing it 3 times a day hurts.

Version 2.1.0d3 doesn't suffer from this, but network goes down and autorecovers under high transfer load. Even after applying the SSDT patch.

In the end, I've downgraded to 2.1.0d3 as I find it less obstructive for daily usage. I haven't tested versions between 2.1.0d3 and 2.2.0

Have you tried to disable WoL in System Preferences -> Network? You might also want to select the medium manually (one without EEE) as it seems to help sometimes.

By the way, version 2.1.0d3 suffers from data corruption when the link gets lost.

In case you want further assistance, please send me your kernel logs showing one of these incidents.

PS: I'm working on an update for the driver to support Kabylake and maybe also to add support for jumbo frames.

• Like 6

After receiving positive feedback from crashmaster4999 (Thank you for your priceless support!) who ran first tests, I just wanted to give you a chance to participate in testing. Besides jumbo frame support, I also added initial support for the new I219 chips found on Kabylake boards. Source code can be found on GitHub.

In case you experience any problems, please report back with kernel logs showing the issue.

Good luck!

IntelMausiEthernet-V2.3.0d0.zip

• Like 5

After receiving positive feedback from crashmaster4999 (Thank you for your priceless support!) who ran first tests, I just wanted to give you a chance to participate in testing. Besides jumbo frame support, I also added initial support for the new I219 chips found on Kabylake boards. Source code can be found on GitHub.

In case you experience any problems, please report back with kernel logs showing the issue.

Good luck!

I want to thank you for your hard work to bring kext for everyone.

• Like 1

FIXED!

10.12.4 has some new features that can cause trouble with your build. One is that you need a newer copy of Clover to boot with (I used r4049). The other is that I had a lot of trouble with Ethernet drivers that had worked fine with 10.12.3.

Fortunately though, I was on insanelymac, and Mieze had posted a new version of his IntelMausi Ethernet driver, and it worked!!

Version is: IntelMausiEthernet-V2.3.0d0      

Congratulations for fixing the issue but I can definitely rule out, that it was the new driver version which solved the problem. Neither Apple changed the driver interface in 10.12.4, nor did I change support for the I218 in the new version and I can confirm that version 2.2.1 is working perfectly with the I218. Version 2.3.0d0 of IntelMausiEthernet only adds support for Kabylake and jumbo frames, that's all. You probably had a messed up system (system caches, network configuration or something like that) which has been fixed by the installation procedure.

Mieze

• 2 weeks later...

Danke Mieze! :-)

I just successfully installed my first Hackintosh (Gigabyte Z170X-Designare mobo) and used IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and I get Ethernet connectivity!

Unfortunately I only get 50MB/s to our NAS, other machines with the same connections get full gigabit speed. Any clue what I can do to get full gigabit speed?

Best,

Chris

Danke Mieze! :-)

I just successfully installed my first Hackintosh (Gigabyte Z170X-Designare mobo) and used IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 with ##### and I get Ethernet connectivity!

Unfortunately I only get 50MB/s to our NAS, other machines with the same connections get full gigabit speed. Any clue what I can do to get full gigabit speed?

I would check the CPU load on the NAS and the Hack's  SMB parameters. Make sure that packet signing is disabled as this increases CPU load dramatically.

Mieze

I would check the CPU load on the NAS and the Hack's  SMB parameters. Make sure that packet signing is disabled as this increases CPU load dramatically.

Mieze

Mieze, you are amazing! Disabling packet signing did the trick! Thank you so much!

• Like 2

Mieze, you are amazing! Disabling packet signing did the trick! Thank you so much!

could someone please explain how Disabling packet signing and where to do it on Mac or Windows?

Hello,

I've got a strange behavior with the ethernet connection.

When I use only macOS, there is no problems.

But when I boot on windows 10 to play a game or whatever, as soon as I boot back to macOS, the ethernet connection is not working properly : in the Networks preferences, I see a yellow light, and it says that it get an autoasign IP, and don't get the IP from the DHCP server (an internet box in france). I can try to deactivate and reactivate the service, but it's not getting the IP.
I have to reboot the hackintosh to get the network function properly (get the IP from the DHCP).

It happens every times I get back to macOS after booting to windows.

When I boot on macOS (cold boot, or not) after a session on macOS, there is no problems...

How can I help you diagnose what's happening ?

Thanks 

Miles

@MilesTEG1: At first glance this sounds like a DHCP problem. I'm dual-booting on my I218 with Windows 10 too but have never experienced such an issue. Please send me your kernel logs showing the issue!

Mieze

Edited by Mieze