IntelMausiEthernet.kext for Intel onboard LAN

Mieze
1,013 posts in this topic

I have board GA Q87N with I217LM (0x153A) onboard.

I follow installation instructions, with some different troubleshooters as well, but always have "cable unplugged". 
OS X 10.11.6. Clover with my own DSDT.

Another kext AppleIntel1000e works from EFI/Clover/Kext, but Meisu does not, in S/L/E or EFI too. 
What i can do?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mieze :)

I seem to have problem with this kext on GA-Z97X-UD7 TH.

The boot of macos sierra stucks in here:

What makes you assume that it has anything to do with the driver? The fact that it's the last line you see doesn't mean anything and I really don't see any evidence for a driver related problem in the screenshot.

Mieze

The target computer is an iMac (27-inch, late 2012), file sharing is over AFP (OS X Server with SMB disabled).  I will try to see if I can replicate the Tx stall issue using SMB instead of AFP later tonight...

cs45

Hi there,

cs45 I am having the same problems you have, when trying to send to and iMac a 130Gb file the network crashes and need to reboot.

I have 6700k and GA-Z170x-UD5 TH I am trying to get rid of if any news I will keep you posted. Have you tried with non edited ssdt?

What makes you assume that it has anything to do with the driver? The fact that it's the last line you see doesn't mean anything and I really don't see any evidence for a driver related problem in the screenshot.

Mieze

Thank you Mieze

I beg you pardon  :P

I tried switching to AppleintelE1000e, and it can boot. But being switched back, it doesn't boot on my system again.

Maybe I got other things wrong too. I'll test more.

Thank you Mieze

I beg you pardon  :P

I tried switching to AppleintelE1000e, and it can boot. But being switched back, it doesn't boot on my system again.

Maybe I got other things wrong too. I'll test more.

Being able to boot with AppleIntelE1000e.kext driver is no evidence for a bug. The problem might be located somewhere else and being triggered by the link coming up. Besides that, you are definitely not the only one who tried the 10.12 beta but the only one to report this issue that's why I remain skeptical. Use the debug version of the kext and post the output.

Mieze

I just installed the latest developer preview of Sierra on my test machine, also installed the release build of IntelMausiEthernet.kext and rebooted. As expected, everything is working fine!

post-983225-0-02023100-1470749998_thumb.png

Mieze

• Like 2

Hi Mieze,

Did you test, copying 10GB+ files over network?

grtz,

Sander.

No, I didn't but provided they haven't reworked power management completely like they did in 10.11 (according to the change notes there haven't been any changes with regard to PM in 10.12) and you have the correct SSDT-patch there shouldn't be any problem with large transfers. My intention was to prove that there is no problem preventing 10.12 from booting.

Mieze

True, I've got the same problem with large file transfers in 10.11 as in 10.12

and I have a correct SSDT installed for CPUPM.

Regarding the fact that there are a few people here reporting the same problem, there must a bug of some kind that causes this "disconnect" in at least some cases. (certain hardware, maybe?)

What info can I provide to help find a cause and hopefully a solution for this?

Sander.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mieze,

What is the latest release of your Kext ?

I thought it was the 2.1.0 but I recently found a 2.1.0d0 release, so I'm a bit confused...

Thanks!

post-740262-0-67612800-1471815279_thumb.jpg

Version 2.1.0 is the latest official build. Development versions are marked with the suffix d and a number, e.g. 2.1.0d0, 2.1.0d1, etc. and can be considered as unfinished work.

Mieze

thanks Mieze, your diver is very good.

mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V pro

Intel 82579V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Intel LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)

1, i cannt wake up my osx from sleep. WOL its not working.

2, if i wake up my osx by mouse or keyboard from sleep, only the wifi card is working, Intel 82579V has the green indicator but actually it becoming the second network interface, and not working. i tried to ping Intel 82579V but no response. Once i restart osx, 82579V is working again.

any solution for that issues? thanks again.

First of all, wakeup events are handled by hardware and ACPI firmware alone. The driver is not in control of the hardware during sleep and wakeup. That's why I'm quite sure that this is not a driver issue. According to the problem description there are only two possible causes:

1. A wrong BIOS setting causing the BIOS to take control of the NIC while sleeping.
  2. A DSDT problem which is the most frequent reason for WoL failure.

Anyway, you might send me your kernel logs as they may contain valuable information about what happened during wakeup.

Mieze

Here is another development version of the driver (2.2.0d2) in which I implemented support for RXPOLL. Hopefully it might also resolve the randomly occurring tx deadlocks which some users are still experiencing. Source code can be found on GitHub.

Good luck testing!

Mieze

Removed. Use version 2.2.0d3 instead (see below)!

Edited by Mieze
  • Like 4

Ok, next try! Here is version 2.2.0d3. As it's already 2 o'clock in the morning there is no time for extensive explanations but the only thing I changed is the maximum tolerated DMA latency the the driver is reporting to the kernel (now 50µs instead of 75µs in 2.2.0d2).

Good luck!

Mieze

IntelMausiEthernet-V2.2.0d3.zip

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the problem could be: My hackintosh always connections with "10baseT/UTP <full-duplex>" and if I change it to manually in the network preferences, i can't get a IP-Address. My Macbook can use with the same cable 1Gbit. Thanks in advance for your help.