My Mac OS X Leopard.

t3mur

22 posts in this topic

Ok so I finally got my hands on the future Mac Operating System, witch is still in BETA form. And from what i've seen, APPLE isn't trying to show off everything jsut yet. As they says on WWDC 2006 that they will keep most of the things as a secret for the final release. But everything looks stunning so far. Not lot of changes in the interface with will probably be included in their secret release. But lot of software changes. My favorites are space's and time machine. here is a glare of some screenshots i've took.. (PS i cant take a lot of pictures.. after all i "am" authorized to have this copy of Leopard :D )

This is just a typical Screenshot.

2005744931156937730_th.jpg

Here you can see the screenshot that was taken during the animation of Timemachine.

2005797196071702597_th.jpg

This is a screenshot taken of SPACES that allows you to have several desktops/space on 1 machine.. you can easily switch thought them and do different tasks on different desktops/spaces.

2005757400285976120_th.jpg

Heres another screenshot of timemachine.. as you can see i just installed Leopard so i only have 1 day showing.. (1page)

2005727776888511371_th.jpg

This is a screenshot of switching throught windows using spaces.

2004939349016922370_th.jpg

Front row animation..

2004928700615705701_th.jpg

Another front row screenshot.

2004936107401360264_th.jpg

There.. I will keep on posting new features that will arrive time to time. I have to go now.. Jobs is calling the cops ^_^

most of us have seen these before.

No offense but whats so special about this?

I have the same operatiing system and so do a lot of people here!

Im not trying to bring you down at all but im just confused. You're posting this like its headline news

OK.. I'm very new to this site, and Macs actually, so for me to do such thing is defenetly ment more to me then others.. But thanks for telling the truth.. Also I havent really seen TRUE/Personal/Torrent Downloaded screenshots Of leopard anywhere on this site yet.. maybe i had the balls to talk about it and also post screenshots.

Umm I have the intel mac and it runs pretty quick.. I did find some bugs.. like the finder icon desapearing..

Other then that NO big changes... I'm guessing Apple's keeping the Best For last... :D

I was never putting you down, Im glad you are excited!

Im not really enjoying it too much anymore, i cant customize and a lot of things arent working too well

System Wise it seems really stable other than sometimes i cant eject volumes...

other than that i love Leopard

The only real reason I look forward to Leopard is that I'm hoping to see a speed increase on my Intel Mac and GMA900. Other than any major kernel and system upgrades, I really don't see big changes between tiger and Leopard. I am hoping that the hype and system *enhancements* Apple is pushing in their marketing is only that, marketing to awe the less technically focused. Spaces makes me laugh, I've been using virtual desktops since 1995, I can't live without them, and the fact that Spaces is being marketed is something new and revolutionary is apalling. Virtual desktops should have been included from the start of OS X, its not like the technology wasn't already in place to deploy it. If I want to see fancy, new, and truly revolutionary features I will continue to track e17, which I hope will eventually come out of beta.

Ahh, I remember when I had some screenshots of Leopard uploaded here. The problem I encountered was that Flickr sent me an email saying that I violated the DMCA and that the images were removed. So yeah. I have to agree with earlier posters, I am glad you like Leopard, but these screenshots aren't new.

When i first beta tested tiger it was a mess! First of all. It wasnt stable. Very unresponsive. But every single new update it got better and then it evolved into and TIGer. I am sure apple will do the same as before. Do not judge beta's.

-MacX

Ive been running leopard for about 3 weeks now. i decided to finally give it a go after i decided to wipe my drive on my intel mac mini. its relatively stable, but still has some quirks like the inability to use some programs, not being able to eject disks, rosetta problems (with photoshop), game problems (halo, half-life 2 and CSS via crossover, and various other little bugs. the game problems is due to the fact that the frameworks for those games arent yet included with 10.5. and crossover doesnt like running windoze apps. but other than those bugs, all the cool features are worth it. but i still cant help but feel that apple is holding back some of the BIG GUNS, most likely features that will slaughter Winblows Vitsa. The only thing i noticed different about Temurs pics was that the interface looks completely different from what im running. is it possible hes running the latest beta, or is he using a haxie (do they even work under leopard?). Temur, can you please post your build number from the about this mac box?

Now that i look closer at the pics, im guessing this is apples new look for their OS. i like it, looks a lot cleaner than the brushed metal we've all come to know and love.

How did you get Leopard? Did you get it at WWDC?