[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

New version with optimised OpenSSL decrypter and Bronzovka cpuid fix.

Test please, should work now fine :D

For use of core crypto decrypter use -nodecryptor in  combination with AppleDecrypt-3.1.0.

If used within kernel itself, always panic so only option is that way ;)

tested with 10.10.1
Safari is fine no problems, CPU stable and even graphics
I have some problems with speed 'of the boot

but satisfactory result
  • Like 3

@yakei

UseKernelCache=No is the same as "-f", they are both flags to ignore kernel cache.

en théorie oui mais le  résultat n'est pas le même , car c'est kextcache qui pose problème , si j'utilise Mavericks 10.9.4/5  avec iopci/acpip 10.9 , le drapeau seul -f ne suffit pas pour démarrer mais avec le drapeau UsekernelCache=No , je démarre .............

j'ai procédé de la même manière pour Yosemite , à savoir l'utilisation de iopci/acpip 10.9 , le drapeau -f suffit pour démarrer .

Avec Clover , c'est encore différent car je n'ai pas moyen de démarrer sans kernelcache  , aucun drapeau d'annulation des Caches  fonctionne , donc Clover est maintenant définitevement écarté pour mon kabini , seul M 10.9 13A603 avec kext vanilla fonctionne parfaitement avec Clover .

Démarrage hyper rapide :)

yes in theory but the result is not the same, because it is kextcache that is the problem if I use Mavericks 10.9.4 / 5 with iopci / CAPIC 10.9 -f flag alone is not enough to start but with the UsekernelCache = No flag, I start .............

I proceeded in the same way to Yosemite, namely the use of iopci / CAPIC 10.9, the flag -f enough to start.

With Clover is still different because I have no way to start without kernelcache, no cancellation flag Caches works, so Clover is now ruled definitly my Kabini, only 10.9 million 13A603 with vanilla kext works perfectly with Clover .dropoff window

Hyper fast start :)

stupid test, but very explicit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9sEGp8M5iB8

• Like 1

I try anv-r2 + opemu2 for athlon SSE3 CPU

kernel Results :

+     App Store is very stable, is completely shown.

+     speed ok

-      Safari crashes sometimes, it is not stable (1010_BSA_RC2 this problem does not have)

+     Desk background, better opinion

coder, why one cannot do now the ideas of kernel 1010_BSA_RC2 from spakk and that

current kernel together leads?

Thanks

Youtube.tiff

AMD developers, I got a very stupid question: does the permissions of the kernel matter?

I'm skipping the kernels from posts #318 and #328 as I'm not sure that they work on my system. (I only have an old Phenom II.) I mean, they work in that there is no kernel panic and the desktop loads. But they both result in problems with gfx and WebKit (Safari crashing, weird colors in Launchpad, problems with the various Stores).

The kernel from post #349 works the same for me as the old Duran rc2 kernel from post #210.

Most of yosemite kernel tested and all working for me.

I don't see any different between kernels.

Xcode, iMovie and other Apple apps tested and working plus Screenflow 5 can record iDevice screen (tested with my iPod Touch 5th) and sound(VoodooHDA) withoud lag

I have graphical glitches after update to 10.10.1 (modified amd kexts dosent solve this problem) and doesn't start apps (Finder too)

Updating to 10.10.1 ...

I have been reading you about kernel and i have a old one that on fx works like a charm but only problem is botting up that promt BUG BUG..... a lot of times....

After update grey screen after loading kext someone can help?¿

I try anv-r2 + opemu2 for athlon SSE3 CPU

Good morning.  This kernel gives me bad audio stuttering and white launchpad icons.  I usually have my Phenom II X4 960T running with all 6 cores enabled. It is essentially a 1060T in this case.

But, good news on the webkit front. I installed the Webkit patch that is linked to from the BSA_10.10.0_rc2 kernel download page. Safari works much better. :)

This is using 10.10.0.

• Like 1

Good morning.  This kernel gives me bad audio stuttering and white launchpad icons.  I usually have my Phenom II X4 960T running with all 6 cores enabled. It is essentially a 1060T in this case.

But, good news on the webkit front. I installed the Webkit patch that is linked to from the BSA_10.10.0_rc2 kernel download page. Safari works much better. :)

This is using 10.10.0.

Boot with -cpuEFI and install VoodooTSCsync.kext

webkit-fix-ok_zpsd41d523e.png

Kernel : AnV-r2+opemu2

Safari & App Store FIX :  From Duran Keeley Webkit AMD Patch

The stuttering and extremely scratchy sound is a bit of a dealbeaker for me with that kernel.

But, it's just not that kernel though.  Seems like it's primarily those with opemu2.

Also, with that kernel, Finder is crashing repeatedly with "your windows couldn't be opened" upon login.

Boot with -cpuEFI and install VoodooTSCsync.kext

Hmm... seems like VoodooTSCsync isn't loading when I boot up. I still have all 6 cores of my Phenom II X4 960T enabled when I do that. Yet, I can manually load that kext after I'm booted up. Still get the scratchy sound.

I'll try -cpus 1 as an experiment.

The stuttering and extremely scratchy sound is a bit of a dealbeaker for me with that kernel.

But, it's just not that kernel though.  Seems like it's primarily those with opemu2.

Also, with that kernel, Finder is crashing repeatedly with "your windows couldn't be opened" upon login.

Hmm... seems like VoodooTSCsync isn't loading when I boot up. I still have all 6 cores of my Phenom II X4 960T enabled when I do that. Yet, I can manually load that kext after I'm booted up. Still get the scratchy sound.

I'll try -cpus 1 as an experiment.

Yes but inactive 

post-1093405-0-10885500-1418525761_thumb.png

Yes but inactive 

He isnt the only one

I have noticed that it isnt loaded for me. That might be why my audio keeps on stuttering as well.

For you, it says that, oui, it is loaded. But for me, its non

Yes but inactive 

You just use kext-dev-mode=1 ;):P (I'm sure you know that).

He isnt the only one

I have noticed that it isnt loaded for me. That might be why my audio keeps on stuttering as well.

I've tried VoodooTSCsyncAMD.kext, but I've read that is only meant for older AMD processors, and not needed for Phenom II.

He isnt the only one

yes definitely loaded or not, there is no difference, 'the truth is aillor "(Xfiles)   :hysterical:

edit : je n'ai plus de crachotement audio ?? après 7 heures de marche ??  

it still crackles

Edited by gils83

yes definitely loaded or not, there is no difference, 'the truth is aillor "(Xfiles)   :hysterical:

edit : je n'ai plus de crachotement audio ?? après 7 heures de marche ??  

it still crackles

With latest VoodooHDA made by Slice and me?

Should give no problems... (Tested on ALC887VD, which used to be problematic).

With latest VoodooHDA made by Slice and me?

Should give no problems... (Tested on ALC887VD, which used to be problematic).

Hello Andy , :)

use voodooHDA 2.8.4 Slice ,  and what your ?

Curiously HD MKV or MP4 crackles do not I have the problem with iTunes / VLC and MPlayerX, QuickTimes works perfectly..