[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

with  xnu-10.10_v3. , i have a Kernel panic

It was a custom kernel from Andy!!!

I had not previously tested the kernel on my AMD Hackintosh. :(

I took as a basis Andy's BSA-Yos-R1 and created with other adjustments! why the kernel is ending in a kernel panic, see post # 295,

We have done our best, unfortunately with little knowledge in the kernel development and programming, we have succeeded one small step. :)  Now we are very pleased that our two best kernel programmer are active again. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 5

I adapted my kernel sources for Yosemite.

Currently untested.

I also updated the builtin decrypter to use corecrypto instead of OpenSSL (way faster).

It is based on BSA R4 with enhancements and fixes.

Could you guys please test and report back as I haven't got an AMD to test it on.

I bet super fast boot times ;)

Source diff included in the zip file :D

Use my custom ld64 I posted under the Developers corner.

It will fix that issue.

The problem is not your kernel but a bug in ld.

I had a similar issue when building i386 binaries and I fixed the issue.

no works on Atlhon 5350 (reboot)

sory guys and gals,
as it should be, errors should be adjusted and unadjusted are not to be left.
here the revision of the upper kernels without kernel panic: kernel extensions in backtrace: core crypto
many thanks to Duran for the good tip :thumbsup_anim:

xnu-10_10_v3_2.zip

• Like 4

sory guys and gals,

here the revision of the upper kernels without kernel panic: kernel extensions in backtrace: core crypto

First of all, no kernel panic, so I boot fine to the desktop.

That said, this kernel has similar issues for me as spakk's November 28 kernel. I can load maps.google.com in Safari, but it crashes when I try to edit the text in the search box. Loading the iTunes Store crashes iTunes. The iBooks store and the App Store fail to load properly.

etc.

I welcome the progress, though I wish there was more I could do to help.

I have just installed yosemite on a free partition with the following result:

First interim status:
Launchpad no errors to detect.
play videos without any problems
appstore works

safari webkit with error
very little icons graphics errors to detect.  :::> correction: text below the desktop icons
Edit and save images, still flawed

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

sory guys and gals,

sorry spakk ,

app store no function - no icons, safari a lot of crashes but the speed its cool, 10.10.1 with Framework kit

• Like 1

with 10.10 preview it worked, I'm just install update to 10.10.2  then I will report whether still works with app store or no

• Like 1

Yes , you read post #294 ? But this problem . I backup and here . I search this problem . Wait ...

spakk , what are you doing ???

You could say that you have fixed ???

I here came ...

Swapped out the EXTERNAL_HEADERS/corecrypto and reverted back to the original way of handling this with OpenSSL in the page_decrypt.c

A temp workaround with a boot speed sacrifice.

• Like 1

10.10.2 will not work. I tried to replace the drivers that before I could start successfully on the other partition. It is not, perhaps someone has an idea.?

I will continue to try to resolve the problem and report.

The original reply here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302076-amd-yosemite-kernel-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-2

My reply are moved to here

I reply was to ANV

Hey 虎千代

As I mentioned in the first post of this topic and on the page of that topic, that topic is ONLY for releases of kernels this will make it easier to find kernels in the forum.

This topic is purely to report on the kernel released.

Kind Regards

Duran

• Like 1

Hi Bronya, my cpuid.h differs slightly, the cpuid.c corresponds to yours, now I know not whether I have also changed. I have to check that.

Something else that occupied myself for some time, for I know no answer. I hope here constructive criticism.

"Use of mnemonics" demonstrations
3DNow! instructions

About the 3DNow! instructions
The 3DNow! instructions were introduced by AMD in their K6 processor. They use the floating point registers, dividing each one into two 32-bit single precision floating point registers. This was intended to support enhanced 3D graphics and audio processing. The problem for programmers is that Intel did not follow suit, so you have the strange situation that the 3DNow! instructions are supported on fairly old AMD processors but not on the latest Intel ones. Nevertheless, AMD continue to support the 3DNow! instructions in their AMD64 processor, so it may be that they are here to stay! Obviously the programmer must test to see if the CPU running the program supports these instructions, and if not the necessary algorithms must switch over to be done in some other way. The way to test for support for the 3DNow! instructions is to move the value 80000001h into the EAX register, and then call CPUID. This gives a report on the CPU extended feature flags. The result is given in the EDX register and bit 31 is set if 3DNow! instructions can be used. Five new 3DNow! instructions were added in the AMD Athlon processor and if these are supported bit 30 is also set. Note also that FEMMS is used at the end of the sequences to clear the registers and the tag words so that, if necessary, floating point instructions can then be used.
Except for the sample for the reciprocal instructions, the 3DNow! instructions are simple to use. The examples here use only the register-to-register form of the instructions to make the demonstration easier to follow. In practice, instead of loading a number from memory into a register and then carrying out the register-to-register form of the instruction, you would use the memory-to-register form of the instruction wherever possible. An example of this is given in the demo of the conversion instructions.

more Info, see here:  http://www.godevtool.com/TestbugHelp/3DNow.htm

as Sinetek and Andy have created OPEMU with the SSSE3, etc. SSE4,2 instructions, I guess was based Udis86 disassembler library for x86 / x86-64,
and the codes were modified by them. Is it possible to integrate the 3DNOW into the folder and adapt for the corresponding references to the relevant code in the xnu-source? I tried for a while, unfortunately without success, it is very complex and very difficult for me to modify correct.
I hope that, better graphics and possibly the chance to use the internal sound cards on amd.

I hope that this idea is not completely stupid and this is the realistic implementation feasible. ^_^

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

something like that, as I said I'm not a programmer !! the specific CPU instructions are supported on Linux, I have the current linux source looked at, for example, 18.3-rc6, there are all specific CPU instructions included. no idea whether we can modify these and can use for OS X.
What do you think, Bronya... is that possible?
I know I need to learn program language myself in order to be able to answer my questions better, but that would take several years before I would answer that for me. :(

hi spakk ! 

System Yosemite - is need use only with ssse3 and new instructions !

I found problem panic corecrypto - this problem page_decrypt.c ! I modified and working . 

In cpuid.c from AnV :
1) if  ==>  info_p->cpuid_features &= ~CPUID_FEATURE_SSE4_2 ; This no effect and get glitches on  desktop .
2) If i replace to  info_p->cpuid_features &= ~CPUID_FEATURE_SSSE3; This working effect ! 
  • Like 5

hello spakk, 

le pentium64 n'est pas 3dnow et il rencontre les mêmes problèmes qu'Athlon64 et Phenom ;) 

le problème est opemu ssse3 ;) 

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_D/Intel-Pentium%20D%20915%20HH80553PG0724MN%20%28BX80553915%20-%20BX80553915R%29.html

hello spakk,

the pentium64 not 3dnow and meets the same qu'Athlon64 and Phenom problems)

the problem is opemu SSSE3 ;)
  • Like 2

hi spakk ! 

I found problem panic corecrypto - this problem page_decrypt.c ! I modified and working . 

In cpuid.c from AnV :
1) if  ==>  info_p->cpuid_features &= ~CPUID_FEATURE_SSE4_2 ; This no effect and get glitches on  desktop .
2) If i replace to  info_p->cpuid_features &= ~CPUID_FEATURE_SSSE3; This working effect ! 

No diff?

I'm currently testing core crypto myself, seems I made a mistake...

hi spakk ! 

In cpuid.c from AnV :

no works on Athlon 5350 ;)