[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

:)

hello spakk,

FinalCutPro X is a simple and effective way to see if opemu working 100% .

Final Cut just now have not installed on my test hackintosh but I download free version of final cut, I think it will work, the full OPEMU sources are containing in the kernel souce

I am going to test new kernel ...

For my the bug message was fixed or disapear when i changed to npci=0x3000 

Just first   boot with this  kernel:

Waiting DSMOS.... ( Never appear with the other kernel) 

Boot faster?¿ No reason why maybe is my impresion

App Store working

Safari load faster not delay

Graphics images load faster....

post-1202583-0-54975200-1416858001_thumb.png

• Like 1

bsa-r2 kernel has fixed the graphics issues (with the exception of preview as mentioned by others) for me and greatly sped up the system -- no crashes, everything working! Having similar issues to others with clicking on icons instead of the text to select items in finder...Thanks so much!

AMD Phenom X4, TA-790GX, Asus Geforce GT 520

• Like 2

@Duran's kernel works very well here on 10.10.1 in terms of speed and stability, but Webkit patch doesn't. I get continuous messages in Safari mentioning errors in webpages and web content crashing even after installing it. I managed to sign in to Apple store, but it doesn't show any content. Everything else seems to be fine.

EDIT: App Store works, most of the content is not shown, but I managed to install few apps.

Yosemite 10.10.1 without problems, the Graphic is great, but with update 10.10.2. I can not boot

Please be careful with update 10.10.2 !!!

I get this panic message: bsd process name corresponding to current thread: launchd

if someone wants to test this update version, then you should do it only on a second partition !!

20141125_003738.jpg

20141124_181241.jpg

• Like 3

I managed to get QE/CI working on my 5450 under Yosemite. It was a stupid mistake on my part.

I also updated to 10.10.1, applied the WebKit patch, and am running Duran's RC2 kernel.

Safari now works better than before (it crashes less often), but going to http://maps.google.com/ still causes it to crash.

The App Store app opens, but it doesn't load any of the tabs properly. However, opening the App Store via the "App Store..." choice on the Apple menu DOES load the Updates tab properly IF I have an update available and I can view the Purchases tab and the Categories tab (sort of) from there but not the Featured or Top Charts tabs. If I do not have an update available, it tries to take me to the Featured tab and everything fails to work as if I just tried to open the App Store app normally.

The iBooks app opens, but going to the iBooks store starts to open the store page before it blanks out the page (but doesn't crash).

iTunes opens, but going to the iTunes store causes it to crash.

I used to have a crash in Dashboard, where I could open the Dashboard but trying to interact with the Weather widget caused the Dashboard to crash. But that crash seems to have gone away in 10.10.1.

EDIT: After rebooting, the Dashboard crash is back. If I open the Dashboard and click on the little "i" on the Weather widget, it crashes the entire Dashboard.

Now, here's the weird thing. Even though all the Desktop Pictures (/Library/Desktop Pictures) are .jpgs, my system can only properly display some of them. For example, Yosemite and Yosemite 3 exhibit graphics corruption, but Yosemite 2 4 and 5 don't have that problem and display properly. Galaxy, Earth and Moon, Earth Horizon, and Milky Way are corrupted, but Moon is okay.

Edited by eugmoon
  • Like 1

spakk already tested, does not work, you need a new kernel :)

Thank you Gils, for the confirmation, that was my guess, now we have to wait until Apple released xnu-source 10.10.1??

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 1

Test Kernel

Builded off BSA_10.9.5_rc1 & OPEMU1 & Sinetek Athlon Fix

Credits: Bronya, Sinetek, Andy Vandijk and Spakk

-- I have not tried the vanilla WebKit framework on this kernel, can someone try it please.

attachicon.gifbsa_10.10_rc2.zip

EDIT: WebKit patch required for App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store & Safari, find the patch here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=153017

For Launchpad Icon's use Launchpad Refresh found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=152842

This is a great kernel, Thanks Duran.

I have same problems everyone's mentioned regarding not being able to select items in finder, need to select by name and buggy images (I think only jpg, png and other formats show fine)

works great with the webkit patch, safari and apple stores working well for me and no graphic glitches (except for Skype avatars and random images on safari). best kernel so far  :wub:

Now, here's the weird thing. Even though all the Desktop Pictures (/Library/Desktop Pictures) are .jpgs, my system can only properly display some of them. For example, Yosemite and Yosemite 3 exhibit graphics corruption, but Yosemite 2 4 and 5 don't have that problem and display properly. Galaxy, Earth and Moon, Earth Horizon, and Milky Way are corrupted, but Moon is okay.

I have the same prob even in 10.10.

• Like 1

Thank you Gils, for the confirmation, that was my guess, now we have to wait until Apple released xnu-source 10.10.1??

not worth it because 10.10.1 14B25 still use the kernel Yosemite Candidate 14A388/389 , wait Yosemite 10.10.2 because the kernel 14C68k or + sources is another version  :) 

I would give feedback on 10.10.1 but my 4 day old 1tb seagate hd died today i got it to replace a old dead seagate 320 gb hd (It was secondhand, recycling center to be specific) so i need a new one to replace my 4 day old hd.

My Safari and App Store are fixed!!!

Duran's Webkit patch installer didn't actually replace the files in System/Library/Frameworks. I downloaded full framework files from here,  and compared the file sizes for webkit.framework and javascriptcore.framework. They didn't match so I replaced them manually and fixed permissions (perhaps I didn't need to do that, but didn't hurt) and now everything works perfectly fine!

Don't forget to backup the original files first, just in case.

• Like 3

Now I managed to boot yosemite 10.10.2 !! it was persistent but now the wild animal is well-behaved and docile as a lamb. I will report back as I've made it . :thumbsup_anim::hysterical:

Edit:

as proof, see picture http://postimg.org/image/n0gsuz58b/

if you have not installed 10.10.2, noted that what I've written before: install yosemite 10.10.2 only on a second partition !!! I can not guarantee anything

so this done:

in my last upload, are:
the kernel and System.kext and the framework-files

in the Extensions folder you will find the System.kext ---> replace with your System.kext from S/L/Extensions
in the frameworks folder are: ----> the IOKit.framework, Kernel.Framework and System.Framework

exchanges the Kernel.Framework and System.framework against from S/L/Frameworks

either use the previous kernel or used the kernel in the package

then repair disk permissions and renewed the cache with kext Wizard

good luck!

Edited by spakk
  • Like 6

My Safari and App Store are fixed!!!

Duran's Webkit patch installer didn't actually replace the files in System/Library/Frameworks. I downloaded full framework files from here,  and compared the file sizes for webkit.framework and javascriptcore.framework. They didn't match so I replaced them manually and fixed permissions (perhaps I didn't need to do that, but didn't hurt) and now everything works perfectly fine!

Don't forget to backup the original files first, just in case.

The WebKit installer WebKit.framework would be different as in the full files I just added all the files into the Plugin's but with the Slim Installer I had time to find the WebKit.framework dependancies and remove the unused files. I will recheck the installer however, thank you for your feedback.

Now I managed to boot yosemite 10.10.2 !! it was persistent but now the wild animal is well-behaved and docile as a lamb. I will report back as I've made it . :thumbsup_anim::hysterical:

Edit:

as proof, see picture http://postimg.org/image/n0gsuz58b/

if you have not installed 10.10.2, noted that what I've written before: install yosemite 10.10.2 only on a second partition !!! I can not guarantee anything

so this done:

in my last upload, are:

the kernel and System.kext and the framework-files

in the Extensions folder you will find the System.kext ---> replace with your System.kext from S/L/Extensions

in the frameworks folder are: ----> the IOKit.framework, Kernel.Framework and System.Framework

exchanges the Kernel.Framework and System.framework against from S/L/Frameworks

either use the previous kernel or used the kernel in the package

then repair disk permissions and renewed the cache with kext Wizard

good luck!

Congrats Spakk!!! Nice work!

• Like 3

I will i got a new WD HD :D .

It's intended for 10.10.1 not 10.10.0 correct? (Cause i have a 10.10.1 install usb).

hello spakk,

i made the test with 10.10.1 and new webkit framework. I had to replace your iokit with the org. file because of a fsck problem. Most graphic problems a still alive (like pink covers in itunes). Safari crashes only some times. with preview i can view pdf files (before i use your kernel it crashes) but acrobat reader looks terrible. App Store didn’t load the front page.

for me the bsa 2 kernel is better

• Like 1

hello spakk,

i made the test with 10.10.1 and new webkit framework. I had to replace your ikon with the org. file because of a fsck problem. Most graphic problems a still alive (like pink covers in itunes). Safari crashes only some times. with preview i can view pdf files (before i use your kernel it crashes) but acrobat reader looks terrible. App Store didn’t load the front page.

for me the bsa 2 kernel is better

Same issues for me