[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

Yes , problem - this still get the scratchy and  sound, because problem wrong works rtclock and tsc for amd . 

Hello bronya , :)

Yes, I noticed that the sound crackles when the CPU is idle, it accélaire dice, I have no problem, disabling Cool n 'quiet and C6State, it changes nothing.

I have some problems with AMD Kernel which Niresh is using in his Yosemite distro with AMD suport. I'm wondering if it's the same kernel, because I would like to try something else, due to problem with opening/installing apps. I just can't open or install (uTorrent, WIMP, Spotify, Any game I tried (Trine, Angry Birds), Steam Client). 

I'm getting unexpected crash (Logical CPU error 0x00000000). 

I have some problems with AMD Kernel which Niresh is using in his Yosemite distro with AMD suport. I'm wondering if it's the same kernel, because I would like to try something else, due to problem with opening/installing apps. I just can't open or install (uTorrent, WIMP, Spotify, Any game I tried (Trine, Angry Birds), Steam Client). 

I'm getting unexpected crash (Logical CPU error 0x00000000). 

HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)    

it 's not help topic ;) 

I have allowed myself to change the kernel in one part, the previous test results on my AMD Hackintosh, as well as the testing of other users with similar hardware are promising, so I want to ask you to test this kernel.

the kernel is currently working on my hackintosh with 10.10 and 10.10.2 (13C81f)

• safari webkit with drivers of duran keeley works so far without chrashes
  • AppStore works
  • Launchpad icons
  • good graphic

amd_10.10.zip

• Like 5

I have allowed myself to change the kernel in one part, the previous test results on my AMD Hackintosh, as well as the testing of other users with similar hardware are promising, so I want to ask you to test this kernel.

hey cool,

app store and Safari ok. (with Web Kit), very fast, no problems presently.

test it further.

Thank you for your employment

• Like 1

Hy spakk,

what is the difference to the other Kernels?

I test it without using your kext and frameworks.  System boots fine, appstore is working but safari crashes somtimes und wrong colors as before.

I want to respond to your question later and report in detail.

Now I want to wait and see the different results and especially the criticism of Bronya. His statement is important,

That the kernel must be improved !!, this still requires some adjustments, which I unfortunately can not be realized without problems. I think that Bronya or Andy, can realize these adjustments, as they have the basics. But we wait and see the first results from.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

System boots fine, appstore is working but safari crashes somtimes und wrong colors as before.

@duran keeley

perhaps it is to be optimized possible the web kit

@schulze

you must again update the web kit after exchange of the kernel, use afterwards kext wizard

• Like 1

Hi !

Try kernel_10.10_rc3  for "scratchy" and "squeaks" sound .

Include diff files.  

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10_rc3.zip

:thumbsup_anim:

c'est bon !! le fait que tu es débloqué le fsb , je peux rentré busratio=20 fsb=100 Mhz et ça me le prend en compte et je n'ai plus de crachotement !! 

Merci bronya  :rolleyes:  tu es le meilleur !!  

it's good !! the fact that you're unlocked the fsb, I returned busratio=20 fsb=100 Mhz  me and it takes into account and I have no more spitting !!

Thank you Bronya: rolleyes: you're the best !!
Darwin iMac-de-gils 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: вторник, 16 декабря 2014 г. 00:19:19 (MSK); root:xnu-2782.1.97/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

I do not have the problem of kextcache, that's something else, it is due to the kext 13A603

look and listen the video Final Cut Pro 10 recorded with SreenFlow  4.5.2 ;) 

<dict>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Lotus</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>busratio=20 fsb=100 Mhz npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

post-1093405-0-70094100-1418689632_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-10401900-1418689860_thumb.png

FCTPro10.mp4.zip

• Like 2

the kernel is currently working on my hackintosh with 10.10 and 10.10.2 (13C81f)

• safari webkit with drivers of duran keeley works so far without chrashes
  • AppStore works
  • Launchpad icons
  • good graphic

I've tried the kernel by itself and with the AMD Webkit patch.

I'm able to open Safari and the App Store without much issue (the icloud/appstore signin notwithstanding). Sound still stutters but not as badly as before. Getting closer. :)

• Like 1

Hi !

Try kernel_10.10_rc3 for "scratchy" and "squeaks" sound .

Include diff files.

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10_rc3.zip

Made fresh install 10.10.1 with this kernel.

Faster boot then with previous kernels.

No graphics bugs with Launchpad, icons, colors are displayed correctly.

post-302440-14187278435933_thumb.jpg

But,

Cant save screenshots:

post-302440-14187278835275_thumb.jpg

Safari error with WebKit.

Object selection in Finder with name only, with clicking on the icon object is not selected.

App Store is not load.

• Like 2

Hello Andy , :)

use voodooHDA 2.8.4 Slice ,  and what your ?

Curiously HD MKV or MP4 crackles do not I have the problem with iTunes / VLC and MPlayerX, QuickTimes works perfectly..

As I thought, old version.

Me and Slice did some work after that...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

I implemented 2.8.5 with clang build support and Slice fixed some more audio issues...

Thus currently 2.8.6 with clear and loud audio, it's really great...

• Like 1

As I thought, old version.

Me and Slice did some work after that...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

I implemented 2.8.5 with clang build support and Slice fixed some more audio issues...

Thus currently 2.8.6 with clear and loud audio, it's really great...

thank Andy but no works 

:)

look this version 2.8.4 , good works :)  and no dsdt 

post-1093405-0-83106100-1418760650_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-10946900-1418760700_thumb.png

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

post-1093405-0-89334000-1418761678_thumb.png

So I've been doing some more testing of the crashing in Safari & App Store with certain kernels that don't support WebKit compiled for older OS.

I've found some interesting points of crashing

- Selecting Text

- Safari Debugger

Will do more testing later.

Problem with both kernels:

- Downscaling JPG (so far) cause image distorting. (example: opensource.apple.com -> iPhone 5s picture, change height to 65 the image cleans up but any lower on my test it starts distorting)

this opemu from old version amd 10.8.5 ML

I try FIX From OPEMU-2 copy & paste to OPEMU-ML :D

Fix OPEMU-ML ERROR MSG :  OPEMU: shortmode XMM mod not implemented.

for OS X 10.9 or later

Test Your App Store

You can recover the original JavaScriptCore.framework & WebKit.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks

Nice One! Works with the original WebKit framework as well as the latest revision for 10.10.

this opemu from old version amd 10.8.5 ML

I try FIX From OPEMU-2 copy & paste to OPEMU-ML :D

Fix OPEMU-ML ERROR MSG : OPEMU: shortmode XMM mod not implemented.

for OS X 10.9 or later

Test Your App Store

You can recover the original JavaScriptCore.framework & WebKit.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks

Nice kernel!!!

post-302440-1418810418411_thumb.jpg

Safari works.

App Store works.

And this is without framework fix!

But problem with icons in Launchpad:

post-302440-14188106340918_thumb.jpg

Screenshot couldn't be saved:

post-302440-14188107644186_thumb.jpg

And still unable to select object in Finder with clicking on icon, only with clicking on name.

Upd:

Hurried to say that Safari works, webkit crashes always on iCloud page, just after start to type login email.

Newly installed apps icons in Launchpad are displayed correctly.

Test Your App Store

Safari works, but App Store doesn't. In Safari with original frameworks, everything is fixed (including iCloud website) when it comes to browsing, now it only has problems when trying to select a text on some sites / random reloads in some situations. Not nearly as much as before. Nice job.   :thumbsup_anim:

App Store crashes immediately.

Screenshots can't be saved: Failure to write image data

White icons in Launchpad, but I can live with that, doesn't bother me at all.

Overall speed and stability seem to be improved greatly.

• Like 1

I have found with my experiment with opemu with to the expansion of the 3dnow (assembler code) works fast and smoothly. It may well be that the kernel was not processed optimally from me?, but that's just secondary.

Edit:

I am convinced that 3dnow has its authority, when I look the other operating systems, then I find again and again supported instructions for both cpus, with the integrated 3dnow instructions, why should it be taboo for os x? :(
Who says that the present opemu is 100% correctly and is working 100%? :blush:

• Like 1