Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Please help. I would like to get my sleep working.

As of now my computer sleeps but gets black screen when I wake it up. Can anyone tell me what’s the proper bios settings or clover settings to use? Thanks

Here’s my setup (all works except sleep):

10.10.5 + vanilla kernel

5820k + Asus X99-A

GTX 780ti

Clover bootloader

kext installed:

FakeSMC

GenericUSBXHCI

VoodooTSCSync

NullCPUPowerManagement (for slight PM only, tried to removed this but no luck to make sleep works)

So update the 10.10.5 combo update and restart? no kernel patch? Anything else?  Installing 10.10.5 Combo on my otherwise working (see above) 5960X system.

Just FYI, other E5-26xx V3 CPUs have not needed a kernel patch since like 10.10.2 or so. The i7's do, and so does the E5-2697 V3.

Edit: Good call Stinga. My 5960X systems starts up without a kernel patch in place under 10.10.5. I still have the Legacy IOPCIFamily and ACPIPlatform.

Don't suppose you have found any way to get rid of those two legacy kexts, have you? My Xeon V3's don't need them if they are 4,6, or 12-core CPUs. Again the 14-core E5-2697 V3 needs it though ;(

Just curious, what boot flags did you use with your 12 core Xeons and that did not require the legacy IOPCIFamily and ACPIPlatform?

nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

@maleorderbride, by any chance do you know what CPUID is being loaded with your 12 core Xeon E5 V3?  I can't load without the legacy PCI kexts and I'm thinking if I use a FakeCPUID that matches your CPUID I might be able to do it.

@onmybikedrunk and augustopaulo, injecting this same CPUID might make it possible to use the 5690X as well with 10.11.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes finally I have the patient and time to test the kext from 10.9.5

I can tell you I'm on 10.10.5 now on my 8-core and have thunderbolt and firewire working!

I've made these kext legacy with the Make me Legacy App.:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleMCP89RootPortPM.kext

All AppleThunderbolt......kext

IOFireWireFamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

IOThunderboltFamily.kext

and installed them with Kext helper b7

repaired caches_rebuild.command

and had no more dependencies issues and rebooted.

FireWire and Thunderbolt are working as they should.

I mean as far as I can test this with my TB to Ethernet adapter from Apple of course.

But I know when that part works the rest will be just fine!

Thank you all again for pointing me in the right direction!

Ed

I install 10.9.5 on other HD only for this kexts (use Make Me App)

Save all kext to folder and install them on 10.10.5 with kext helper

When i try to boot it make me restart without enter to os x

What i need to to run this mother ffffff x99-ud4 with thunderbolt ????

@maleorderbride, by any chance do you know what CPUID is being loaded with your 12 core Xeon E5 V3?  I can't load without the legacy PCI kexts and I'm thinking if I use a FakeCPUID that matches your CPUID I might be able to do it.

@onmybikedrunk and augustopaulo, injecting this same CPUID might make it possible to use the 5690X as well with 10.11.

Sorry for the delay--had quite a few things to do for my program.

My CPU shows the following in Mac CPUID:

Architecture: Haswell

Family: 6 (06h)

Model: 63 (3Fh)

Stepping: 1 (01h)

Hello I have an Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 10core. Which options do I need in clover to boot ?

Did you guys boot with -v and -x and did you boot with only 1 core available or 6 or even more ? Tried that and with haswell-e patch but do i need cpu support too ?

Let me try to get some screenshots from the menu which is on my usb stick right now.

I read that the EFI part is only for Aptio BIOS whatever that is ?

UEFI boot is for Aptio BIOS only. For other BIOS use legacy boot to install, you can fix UEFI boot later

But I get another menu but my usb keyboard doesnt working so this way its a nogo. :(

I am not sure if this menu is from the motherboard or from the usb stick!

It seems I do have an aptio BIOS on this Asrock RACK system board. Downloaded DP version and wrote it to the usb stick and it booted a little bit longer already. :)

http://imgur.com/a/2rzho

post-1636018-0-98241700-1450013536_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay--had quite a few things to do for my program.

My CPU shows the following in Mac CPUID:

Architecture: Haswell

Family: 6 (06h)

Model: 63 (3Fh)

Stepping: 1 (01h)

Thanks for the info!

I'm curious, are you able to boot into the El Capitan installer with your 12 core system?  Or, do you get a hangup at PCI Configuration Begin?

Thanks for the info!

I'm curious, are you able to boot into the El Capitan installer with your 12 core system?  Or, do you get a hangup at PCI Configuration Begin?

I can boot the installer with my 12-core Xeon, but can not yet get 10.11.2 installed.

It finishes the first installation series, then hangs on "Rebooting in 1 second." If I reboot manually, then it does not continue the installation.

NM, I waited a good while and it reboots, but still does not continue the installation.