Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

I think snatch is correct. I did a fresh install of 10.10.5 on an i7-5960X (versus the combo update from earlier testing) and I had to patch the kernel. Only the Xeon 6-core and 12-core are running an un-patched kernel. I do not have a Xeon 8-core or 10-core to test with to see if they need patches, but my 14-core Xeon does still need patching. 

For those of you asking about power management, that is largely a separate issue. Sleep has been possible to get working for quite some time with Yosemite, but it doesn't mean power management is working. You still only get to 12x and max multi at best. You don't have turbo or actual power management. Doesn't look like you ever will in Yosemite. Wait for the next MacPro, just as with X79.

The essential message here is that everything is still the same. You can have working sleep if you want, but you have to use VoodooTSCSync. You can take or leave NullCPUPM, but having it seems to improve performance. You can avoid patching the kernel or using legacy kexts with proper CPU choice if you want, but other than convenience there is no real upside. You don't "unlock" new features in the OS that you could not have already gotten.

Hmm, how do you mean? I don't get proper speedstep with varying voltage etc, and my 5960X tends to run a fairly high multiplier even while idle, compared to in Windows, but it's definitely bouncing around between tons of multipliers, not just 12x and max. Standard kexts and configs... Turbo on + cores synced in bios.

I think snatch is correct. I did a fresh install of 10.10.5 on an i7-5960X (versus the combo update from earlier testing) and I had to patch the kernel. Only the Xeon 6-core and 12-core are running an un-patched kernel. I do not have a Xeon 8-core or 10-core to test with to see if they need patches, but my 14-core Xeon does still need patching. 

For those of you asking about power management, that is largely a separate issue. Sleep has been possible to get working for quite some time with Yosemite, but it doesn't mean power management is working. You still only get to 12x and max multi at best. You don't have turbo or actual power management. Doesn't look like you ever will in Yosemite. Wait for the next MacPro, just as with X79.

The essential message here is that everything is still the same. You can have working sleep if you want, but you have to use VoodooTSCSync. You can take or leave NullCPUPM, but having it seems to improve performance. You can avoid patching the kernel or using legacy kexts with proper CPU choice if you want, but other than convenience there is no real upside. You don't "unlock" new features in the OS that you could not have already gotten.

I have 8-core without patch and with cleared cache. I use the cacherebuild_command tool and also I removeted manually the kext cache and I stil am able to run my 5960X fine without any patch.

I have 8-core without patch and with cleared cache. I use the cacherebuild_command tool and also I removeted manually the kext cache and I stil am able to run my 5960X fine without any patch.

Doesn't matter much... Considering Clover's KernelHaswellE patch just by-passes the CPU check there's no negative to enabling it anyway...    

Hmm, how do you mean? I don't get proper speedstep with varying voltage etc, and my 5960X tends to run a fairly high multiplier even while idle, compared to in Windows, but it's definitely bouncing around between tons of multipliers, not just 12x and max. Standard kexts and configs... Turbo on + cores synced in bios.

Can you post a Intel Power Gadget screenshot showing several different multipliers being hit?

Unrelatedly, anyone have NVMe drives working in Yosemite 10.10.5? PCI-e or otherwise? If so, can you post an IOJones and some info? Thanks!

x99 audio - testers needed

Realtek motherboard and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

Chameleon or Clover

Native AppleHDA.kext

Chameleon

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. audio enabler kext
      1. Download/Kext installer/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip
    2. ssdt/x99/onboard and HDMI audio
      1. attachicon.gifSSDT-1.aml.zip
    3. RampageDev X99.dmg/ssdt.aml
      1. .dmg audio instructions are not current
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. realtekALC/patch in place
      1. Download/Double Click/audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output

Clover

Installation  (4 steps)

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)
    1. Clover Injection
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
      2. Add config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ALZA to HDEF
    2. ssdt/x99/onboard and HDMI audio
      1. attachicon.gifSSDT-1.aml.zip
    3. RampageDev X99.dmg/ssdt.aml
      1. .dmg audio instructions are not current
  2. Restart
    1. Verify IOReg/HDEF/layout-id/<01 00 00 00>
      1. No HDEF/Wrong layout-id, Audio_ID injection failed.
        1. Try Audio_ID Injection same/different method
        2. See Problem Reporting, below
  3. Codec Patch
    1. cloverALC/Clover patched
      1. Download/config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip  (same as above)
        1. Add config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio
      2. Download/Double Click/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
  4. Restart
    1. Verify System Preferences/Sound/Output

More Information/Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Credit: RevoGirl

Edit 1/14/15,  .command_v1.0.4 udpates

I've tested all methods, but nothing seemed to work. What am I missing? I have ALC892. 

config.plist.zip

AnssaienlyMac’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Can you post a Intel Power Gadget screenshot showing several different multipliers being hit?

Unrelatedly, anyone have NVMe drives working in Yosemite 10.10.5? PCI-e or otherwise? If so, can you post an IOJones and some info? Thanks!

Ha, funny. not even hitting 12 now, seems pretty much stuck at max - occasionally dropping from 34 to 32, so quickly HWmonitor doesn't even catch it. Looking back I'm fairly certain it disappeared while I was (successfully yay) sorting USB sound card issues. No interest in revisiting that process, all I know is it was working out the box and for a long time. On the other hand there doesn't seem to be much to gain or am I missing something? just checked and my computer bounces between 45 and 90 watts idle, centered around 70. I wonder why power gadget thinks the cpu alone is using 100 watts when it's like half... including other components and AC/DC overhead.

I had no idea modern desktops were this efficient! Especially hella overclocked ones without proper power management plus a 290 inside haha. Nice.

Now if only it had the same noise level as an oldtimey lightbulb :/

Mausi is the best driver for the Deluxe, the second port has no good support. You can use AppleIGB for the other port, but it will KP on you randomly.

Intel i211 seems very similar to i210, which has native support in OS X (AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext). Perhaps it could work when injecting the device ID of i210 (8086:1533) in DSDT/Clover FakeID/etc.

• Like 1

Intel i211 seems very similar to i210, which has native support in OS X (AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext). Perhaps it could work when injecting the device ID of i210 (8086:1533) in DSDT/Clover FakeID/etc.

Good call. I'll take a look at FakeID.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work. i210 kext won't load. I did spend all of 5 minutes on this though. I'll take another look later when I haven't had a few beers.

Edit2: The kext did load actually, but it doesn't drive the hardware. The only matching requirement is deviceID in the plist, but something else must be amiss.

some can please tell me from start to the end how the hall i install clean full install of 10.10.5

on 5960x with x99-ud4 and gigabyte 960gtx 

Man, this does not work well. If you want to know how to install the Mac os on your computer you have to read this entire topic as they did it.

Good call. I'll take a look at FakeID.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work. i210 kext won't load. I did spend all of 5 minutes on this though. I'll take another look later when I haven't had a few beers.

Edit2: The kext did load actually, but it doesn't drive the hardware. The only matching requirement is deviceID in the plist, but something else must be amiss.

You might need FakePCIID as well, not sure if the kext checks PCI config space.

Man, this does not work well. If you want to know how to install the Mac os on your computer you have to read this entire topic as they did it.

i read it

but with what method i make usb for os x hack

[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or clover

i have real macbook with os x 10.10.5 on application folder

i try Rampage Dev not work

i try [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] network too

what i need to do ?

i read it

but with what method i make usb for os x hack

##### or clover

i have real macbook with os x 10.10.5 on application folder

i try Rampage Dev not work

i try ##### network too

what i need to do ?

Hi EliranHaliva, 

See if this works for you - link (use google translator Portuguese->English)

My motherboard & video card are similar...

Boa Sorte! Good Luck!

Paulo

Hi EliranHaliva, 

See if this works for you - link (use google translator Portuguese->English)

My motherboard & video card are similar...

Boa Sorte! Good Luck!

Paulo

I try this not working

I install fresh os x 10.10.5 on the hack system

And it restart every time i try to boot os x

Here pictuers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8aw430kny5e8i12/photo%2022.10.2015%2C%205%2003%2009.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rk9k0vxu2mijkd/photo%2022.10.2015%2C%205%2003%2045.jpg?dl=0

I try this not working

I install fresh os x 10.10.5 on the hack system

And it restart every time i try to boot os x

Here pictuers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8aw430kny5e8i12/photo%2022.10.2015%2C%205%2003%2009.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rk9k0vxu2mijkd/photo%2022.10.2015%2C%205%2003%2045.jpg?dl=0

Hi EliranHaliva, 

Something doesn't look right with screenshot of Cover and the verbose boot...

OnClover you should be seeing the Bootcamp theme and should not have 356 folders deleted/unlinked...

I suggest, because your HW is slightly different from mine, the following:

• Repeat steps 1, 2, 3.1 & 3.3
  • On Step 3.2  - Make sure to delete below files from /Volumes/Yosemite_HD/System/Library/Extensions/ before copying them again individually:
    • IOPCIFamily.kext
    • VoodooTSCSync.kext
    • AppleACPIPlatform.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
  • Launch Disk Utility and repair permissions on Yosemite_HD
  • Repeat steps 4 & 5.1
  • On Step 5.2 - Edit config.plist with Clover Configurator, Goto SMBIOS, click Magic Wand and configure something like screenshot
  • Repeat step 6 & 7
  • You might have to restart 2 to 3 times...

Believe that this is minimum for your system to boot up - Just let me know how it went.

I've just installed a security update that cause my system to stop booting, but just repeated the same process and everything is back again!! see here for latest screenshots.

post-105782-0-65724400-1445902613_thumb.png