Guide Samsung Ativ 700t (Yosemite)

mactabletman

192 posts in this topic

Tried to set 0x01660004, but with it tablet not even boot up  :cry: , stucking after bluetooth message. Also, do i need a UEFI64-CsmVideoDxe driver? The last time on Mavericks I somehow managed to solve this problem with a resolution without even ig-platform-id and I remember, that i checked CsmVideoDxe.. But not sure. Accidentally lost my clover folder, so have to start from scratch. Maybe someone could provide some good clover configs?

Thank you, midi. Removed csm, tried all ig-platform-id, also fake ids, load vbios, patch vbios, setting VRAM to 96, darkwake=0, setting Dual Link to 0/1 etc.  But still no luck  :(

By the way i have vanilla 10.10 from appstore (nothing cutted off, original intel/capri/fb kexts), with mactableman's config plist and kexts. My only hope if someone post his config.plist with working resolution change.

Also generated SMBIOS for MacbookPro 9,2 (Ivy Bridge, core i5/i7)

Thank you for help

Tried to boot with your config, but it causing "allocate page"/"cant load kernel cache" errors. Seems some ACPI patches are important. I back to ops config, but booting with first config (ig-platform-id=0x01660004) will stuck after bluetooth message. Second one (ops + duallink/vram + macbookpro9,2) booting successfully, but resolution still not working.

Target: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63600688/config.plist

Working: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63600688/config2.plist

At this point it looks like this tablet have problems, or yours have problems, anyway since I don't have the tablet I can't tell, anyway I think you better remove the VRAM and try 0x01660003 ok?

At this point it looks like this tablet have problems, or yours have problems, anyway since I don't have the tablet I can't tell, anyway I think you better remove the VRAM and try 0x01660003 ok?

DRfroman—I had the same problem regarding alt screen resolutions other than the base 1980/1080. My issue was introduced when I added the windows install on NYE, the scaled resolutions were available previously. I've been observing the back and forth here regarding the original posters config file, thats the one I've been using. When an external monitor is attached you can adjust the settings, but it didn't seem to fix anything. 

midi —both tiger and new egg have this computer refurbed for 600$ if you are looking for one.

• Like 1

guys, if you wanna a higher resolution, you will have to make it HiDPI, and it will look like 1280x720 but really crisp :)http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290097-guide-108-add-your-custom-retina-hidpi-resolution-for-your-desktop-display/ look here, and btw, I recommend redoing the whole thing, even if you didn;t touch drivers, just restart over and clean your config.plist, only keep what works for you, you will have to try-and-test, and to do so, remove all the DSDT Patches, then in the clover gui, go to options > DSDT  Fix Mask > select the minimum (you must uncheck everything from the config.plist then do this) then try, and when you get the needed patches, you may continue, All those DSDT patches are not nessesary, and they are provided in the exemple config.plist when you first install clover, and it's not good at all to select all of them, read the wiki for more information.

@kwjenkins unfortunately newegg and tiger don't send to where I live, at least ebay or amazon, and I try to look for other newer tablets, I need a hackable tablet to replace my bulky computer, since it's getting loose in some parts of it and I don't want to make it worse, since it's my working PC (ALL MY LIFE THERE :P ), and this (or other) tablet will be only for portability and presentation and minor AutoCAD. :) Thanks for your information, I appreciate it :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What zip? What kext? :|

What zip? What kext? :|

Sorry! Thought you were the OP of this thread. Corrected my post now.

Edit:

Maybe you know the answer though? In the OP, there is a zip with Kexts for this tablet. He has provided a previous version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext for some reason. Do you know why?

Oh ok :) tho many of the kexts posted there are useless and can be replaced by simple DSDT patches that I cant give now since I dont have the tablet.

Oh ok :) tho many of the kexts posted there are useless and can be replaced by simple DSDT patches that I cant give now since I dont have the tablet.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish to, I can't find any good tablet with wacom and a changeable wifi chip and upgradable Ram, I have a 8GB ram bar and I can use it, if it has 4GB removable it would be great, and Haswell CPU too :/ ivy is not that good. Im looking for a light cad usage, haswell will do better than ivy.

• Like 1

Hi again, guys! In my situation I really need a properly working resolution change for some fullscreen apps and games. Year ago i somehow managed to fix it on mavericks, but lost my EFI folder (Also it may not work on 10.10 for some reasons).

Days of experiments with this thing had been futile. So all I can do is ask someone to fix it and offer 35$ for working resolution change solution for ATIV 700t.

fpiUJAUfYG8.jpg

Hi again, guys! In my situation I really need a properly working resolution change for some fullscreen apps and games. Year ago i somehow managed to fix it on mavericks, but lost my EFI folder (Also it may not work on 10.10 for some reasons).

Days of experiments with this thing had been futile. So all I can do is ask someone to fix it and offer 35$ for working resolution change solution for ATIV 700t.

fpiUJAUfYG8.jpg

Set the resolution in Clover/Chameleon to 1024x768.

Sorry me midi, i really did not want to insult anyone. But i think in our time such investigations require a lot of time/knowledge, time costs money. So if i cant fix, i ask community for help and i'll be happy to give bonus to man, who may spend his time for finding out whats wrong and help all owners of this tablet. Also new tablet is expensive and every tablet has its own issues with hackintosh. I got every pice of hardware working on this machine (even bought external wi-fi) and last thing is correct resolution change. Understand correctly, midi, no offense. Once again, sorry.

Alex, it does not help for clover (

it's ok, I'm not against paying, but really, if it didn't work, try again from scratch, and btw you didn't post any file to help you with, put your config.plist and then we can help, I'm thinking of buying this tablet, the only thing that makes me not to do so, is the RAM, it's 4GB nothing more, that's really sad :( that's why I'm looking for something like this tablet with more ram.

Hey,

has anyone maneged to hijack the home button? I would love to have the "cmd" button there.

Also I switched the internal wifi card to a "Broadcom bcm94322hm8l" card which was fully functional OTB in Yosemite but doesn't get recognized in Mavericks. Any suggestions?

This worked for me for resolution change. Set DualLink to 0 in config.plist.

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
	    <key>DualLink</key>
	    <integer>0</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

If you want HiDPI resolutions type this in Terminal: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

Download SwitchResX. Install. Start it. Save and reboot and you will have HiDPI resolutions to choose in SwitchResX. This worked for me in Mavericks and Yosemite.

Hey *boner* (lol what a name xD)

Since you have your machine good and up, can you tell me what's working and what's not, I really need to know, and an AIDA64 report would be welcomed too :)

Thanks (and this message is to other members too, and thank you all :) )

Thanks u guys for this guide i just got my Ativ this week and i have spent a lot of time setting this thing up now. By now i have everything working except wifi/bluetooth but my new wlan adapter should arrive tomorrow.

@midi i tried to start from scratch with the config.plist and u were right a lot of stuff in there is not necessary.

The battery indicator is working but the kext provided is out of date it would be better to patch the DSDT to get this working so one could get rid of some kexts too.

Touch works with GenericXHCI and Touchbase installed (Touchbase only because of the multitouch gestures the screen works OOB) for the stylus i installed the Wacom Bamboo drivers.