Guide Samsung Ativ 700t (Yosemite)

mactabletman

192 posts in this topic

Hi,

thanks, I will try now. until now, I am still not able to start any installation, without a reboot after the apple logo.

( I got other files from other auto).

I will try with this one.

thanks

Olivier

(I have a samsung XE700T1A-03US)

Hi, 

Tuto following is in progress.

I am wondering something :

I have the XE700T1A-03US, which have a intel i5 sandy bridge : Intel® Core™ i5-2467M

the XE700T-1C has a yvy bridge intel : Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor

my HD3000 hgas a resolution of : 1366 x 768 

the XE700T-1C has a resolution of 1290x1080 ( whoaou ! on 11"...)

can it be an issue ?

thanks

Olivier

Google that: AIO Guide Hackintosh, the first link will bring you to Insanelymac, read the Clover UEFI Part of the guide, install OSX with it and use the dsdt patch from above to enable battery percentage and install the kext that was given with.

The config.plist i provided works for me but i did a lot of tinkering to see what works and what not so it's not really clean u should read some tutorials on here and try to get your own working config.plist. Unfortunately i'm in no way a programmer so i can't really tell what's necessary and what not...

@midi are you now getting the tablet or did u give up on it?

Without de DSDT edits the battery indicator will not work. You can read the instructions given by RehabMan: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

I dont know, and im not a programmer either and I can tell how dirty that config, im really amazed that it's working, seriously! I only need someone to check if AutoCAD would work ok on it, cuz this device is still pricey ($500 with unupgradable ram!! Damn) it's not worth it if my programs wont do the job, I really wished ATIV Q was out :( And you can use clover configurator to fix your config. anyway we can try you and i to make it cleaner and better, ok? I'll try to clean the config up and send you one to try (please make sure you can go back to the old config while testing, a live linux distro will be highly needed to be fast). Are you ok with that?

I think i could download the trial version of AutoCAD and try to work with it on the tablet. I got mine for 300 bucks off ebay maybe you can also find one if you are lucky.

I already used Clover Configurator to edit the config, if you want to clean it up i can test it. I always have a bootstick with a working config/EFI around so i can revert things if i {censored} up with something.

• Like 1

Gr8 :D ill prepare one and send it to you and tell me if it works! I may add some patches and stuff, hey send me tho AIDA64' report if you still have windows, if not, ioreg dump (from IORegistryExplorer, it's in HVT) would work for me :D thanks.

BTW, I may buy the XE700T1C-A03CH, comes with GPS 3G and NFC :3 Will cost me $539 (Used) and there is a better state one with $599, still donno what to choose.

OK, here: try this one: config.plist (it will autodownload :P )

Changes:

-Cleaned the ACPI section

-Enabled AICPUPM Patching from clover + RTC patching

Try this, if it works, it's good, I'll add further patches and stuff (you still need to dump the IOReg file from IORegistryexplorer or IOJones.

No windows here haven't gotten around to install a bigger ssd for dualboot. https://leod.dyndns-server.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Wfji55RciPqFRvz there you have the ioreg dump.

It seems there is no trial of the mac version of autocad or at least i couldn't find it...

thanks i'm going to try it when i get home

*ahem* :pirate:*ahem* if you can .. :3 and thanks a lot for your work, btw looks like you have 01660009 in ig-platform, I can give it a 2GB Vram boost, may be better for Autocad working :) (will give you a config for that :D )

but until you confirm that the one I gave is working, if not then we need to fix the first one before jumping to other secondary stuff.

I'll try to get ahold of a copy ;)

BTW i also have the XE700T1C-A03CH but unfortunately i haven't been able to get the 3G working...

I looked at the config file and i ask myself if there is a particular reason you used the AppleRTC and the AsusAICPUPM patch?

yeah, PM settings, to get SpeedStep working and stuff, I'm not sure, but MSR is probably locked on your tablet (since all laptops and even some desktop PCs have it locked so the tablet wont be any different).

for 3G It's really unlikely to get it working.

Hi,

it is strange that you can boot with uefi, and I cannot.

i can boot with legacy boot, but it crash later.

using UEFI, I treid many tuto, absolutly no way to see a clover logo at boot.

I have the latest firmware (13FW), and there is so few option...

anyone has the same issue than me ?

thanks

Olivier

Hi,

it is strange that you can boot with uefi, and I cannot.

i can boot with legacy boot, but it crash later.

using UEFI, I treid many tuto, absolutly no way to see a clover logo at boot.

I have the latest firmware (13FW), and there is so few option...

anyone has the same issue than me ?

thanks

Olivier

I am 10000% sure you missed something, install it to ESD (check the option in clover) and try again, copy the kexts and the config where they should be.

Since you boot in legacy, then you didnt correctly installed it, cuz it shouldn't boy into legacy of it was really on UEFI!

And another thing: DONT USE ANYTHING FROM THIS GUIDE.

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

GO TO THE AIO GUIDE AND START THERE!

@macaholic

Did the config work?

The config did not work at first but i think the problem was u didn't drop the DMAR table. From my previous experiments i've found out that it won't boot without that. If you give it a vram boost doesn't that just mean it will allocate more ram for the graphics what would result in a lack of ram for the OS since there are only 4GB of it?

Hmm, then please add it, the link before is the same with more VRAM, and don't worry, I tried that on a real MacBook Pro with 4Gigs of ram and it works, it's Dynamic RAM so it's used when needed :)

(can you go to pjalm.com and go to the chat section, the chat here is buggy, thanks :) I'm online for now :D )

Ok, check pnlf patch in clover configurator.
And for AutoCAD, it's not a problem when you test it ;) just whenever you can :) thanks a ton!

Edit: I fixed the link before with the stuff you pointed to earlier:

config.plist

Changes:

-Added DMAR dropping

-Added PNLF Patching

-Added HPET

-Added HDMI

(the last two are just incase)

Gonna test that later today.

I've tried AutoCAD and it runs ok with some small parts. Unfortunately i have basically no idea how to operate AutoCAD so if you want me to test it with some complex parts you would have to send me something.