Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Hmm that's strange.. i didn't read your post good enough i guess, you said it is recognised etc. Do you have an option for LAN Boot ROM in your BIOS somewhere? If so, turn that on and see what happens.

edit: do you have XP installed? I read something about XP "disabling" the NIC; try to plug the power from your computer for a while (5 min or so), and then boot again into OS X.... I know lots of stupid ideas, but that's the only thing I can think of :)

Hmm that's strange.. i didn't read your post good enough i guess, you said it is recognised etc. Do you have an option for LAN Boot ROM in your BIOS somewhere? If so, turn that on and see what happens.

edit: do you have XP installed? I read something about XP "disabling" the NIC; try to plug the power from your computer for a while (5 min or so), and then boot again into OS X.... I know lots of stupid ideas, but that's the only thing I can think of

Yeah. I dualboot with XP at the moment, because i have no net on OSX... Ill go try your suggestions now, and I'll report back with the results.. :(

Edit: Tried the "LAN Option ROM [Enabled]" option in my bios, now the network is found, and im on the internet (from it now). Next problem, my Audio stopped working this time... But i think thats an IRQ error of some sort.. Im working on a better specification on the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Noob Question....

I purchased a Netgear GA311 today to fix my ethernet problems. Well it worked flawlessy for a few hours after a complete reinstall. Then it dropped connection and did a self-assigned ip thing on me. Followed the original OP instructions and it started working again, then it dropped connection again. I thought it was supposed to work out of the box. Chipset is a RTL8169S. Installed using Kalyway 10.5.2. Did I have to load the R1000 patch or should I have left it out?

Thanks,

Robio

Thanx everyone for the work on this driver and the hints in this thread, with the "boot windows - device manager - properties of your card - wake on lan ENABLE" hint I was able to get this running smooth as butter now.

Thanx!

I purchased a Netgear GA311 today to fix my ethernet problems...

I just made the same purchase for the same reason.

I used the "real" Realtek 2.0 drivers for OSX 10.5 found on their driver page here:

Realtek RTL8110SC(L)/RTL8110S-32/RTL8110SB(L)/RTL8169SB(L)/RTL8169SC(L)RTL8169

Scroll all the way down to the bottom "others" section for the 8169 OSX driver.

I removed the Kalyway installed kext, rebuilt caches, rebooted and installed this one.

Works fine.

I just made the same purchase for the same reason.

I used the "real" Realtek 2.0 drivers for OSX 10.5 found on their driver page here:

Hi, does mDNS work for you with these drivers? (Bonjour, Rendezvous, or however it's called)

cheers

I haven't seen mDNS throw any errors and everything seems to be working fine and stable with the drivers from the realtek site.

Anything in particular you want me to check?

I've used them with Leo4allr3 and Kalyway 10.5.2 installs

Wow there is a lot of file in the zip !! Can someone explain how to install it. The newbie way please .. :-PP.S. I already have another realtek r1xxx driver version installed, i have problem with DHCP leasing (ip drop on sleep). Will this fix my problems ?

I removed the Kalyway installed kext, rebuilt caches, rebooted and installed this one.Works fine.
copland007 do you have a 8111b ? can you go to sleep and don't loose your ip ?

hi... i have discovered this forum a few days ago and i´m really happy with all the people who help this forum. as you can imagine, i´m new on this world of mac and i installed mac os 10.5.1 on my pc. i have already now sound and graphics by still not internet.my lan/ethernet is RTL8111B with all people in this topic say that work fine with this driver, but i really don´t understand nothing about macif would be possible, i would apreciate that you could explain to me step by step how to install the drivers. i´m sorry, i know that there are many people the make the same request be i saw that is needed to put some codes and a really don´t understand nothing. i´ve been reading all text here but i´m still lost.can you help me?Thank you very much for everything, in specialy for the ´people who create this drivers and help this people.sorry for my bad inglishif already exist a driver that is more easy to istall please let me knowthanks

Having issues with NetGear GA311 RealTek 8169 ethernet. Any idea why Kalyway or Zephyroth can't see the card? This card is one of the preferred out of the box ethernet cards. I have a HP 9300 (Tyan K8WE S2895) with Nforce4 for ethernet and this card should be the answer. Ethernet has been the last hurdle for me. This AMD Dual Core Opteron system really screams along and appears quite stable. Once I get this issue sorted out, I'll post a install guide for the 9300 and Tyan 2895 users.

I read a fair amount in the various forums and not much info on Tyan or AMD Opteron - anything I should know. I would think there would be a ton of Tyan MoBos out there.

I tried loading the OSX 10.5 RTL 8169 drivers directly from the Realtek support site and no luck. I tried using the DeviceID identifier and it does not see any cards in the slots.

Anyone other AMD Tyan users have this working?

What kext files is responsible for the motherboard slots?

thanks....

Facking R1000 inet driver, it facked my Mac System (Kalyway 10.5.2 vers.) before this facking driver my mac startet and works without inet but it workeeeedddddd. My PC diddn´t start anymore, how do i get this facking driver fixed or deleted???

I thougt the driver is good ("It works on RTL8169, RTL8168, RTL8110, RTL8111, RTL8100, RTL8101 chips and their modifications") but it facked my PC (macosx). :(;) :censored2: :censored2:

Thanks DaemonEs,

I just tried debug version, and it recognized the RTL8111B. Way cool, dude.

Now, where is that long ethernet cable?

EDIT: I will add more info as I get more testing done.

:P Man I also have same realtek RTL8111B but its not working for me. please help me out :(

i have a Realtek RTL8169 and Leopard 10.5.1 from Zepyroth

I have installed drivers from Realtek official website, if you go to the console and make a "ifconfig", the lan board appears but if you connect the cable, nothing happens. Besides it's not shown on the System Preferences panel

Any ideas ??

I have a K9N Platinum MSI

I haven't seen mDNS throw any errors and everything seems to be working fine and stable with the drivers from the realtek site.

Anything in particular you want me to check?

I've used them with Leo4allr3 and Kalyway 10.5.2 installs

Signal64,

sorry for the delay, been outta town,

yes I'd love to know if mDNS really works, never worked for me with the realtek drivers.

other machines on the lan can "see" my hack, but not the other way around. with the driver from DaemonES they show up.

regards

Ok, version 1.01.

- Minor fixes to avoid memory leaks.

- Fixed bug with multiple loading/unloading.

- Fixed bug with ouput packet dropping.

- Implemented some features, like link status and speed reporting.

Dynamic MTU implemented, but not active.

First you must load debug version (in terminal type sh loaddebug). If everything is OK type sh unloaddebug. After that install release version (sh installrelease). Release version faster, that debug, cause debug version logging every packet and every OS system call.

See attachment in head post.

Thanks for a wonderfull job, I finally installed my rtl8169, on MSI MS6702 board under MAC OSX tiger release 10.4.8

Just followed your instructions and life was very easy.

thx

thx

I've got a Realtek 8201CL card in this motherboard... And no drivers.

Is that equivalent to another driver that has been nailed?

I tried searching the forum from the search box down there, but it seems that searches are disabled... I tested it by searching for something that I knew was listed in here, and nothing showed up, unless there is some other trick to using the topic/forum search box?

HI, DaemonES.

I've been follow the post for an hour, but I can't find anything for the 8111C. I will try to take a look again, since It's such a long post.. ^^

I got 8111C on the MB, the ven# 10EC and Dev# 8168

The driver is working on 8111b for sure, but I get 8111c.

After loading the driver, it can get the MAC address, and I can configure my IP. I believe the router see me too. It said connect on the network perfernce. I just can't get online.

Is there anything I can do?

Best

thx again for ur great work.

ANd Thanks for any suggestion. ^^