OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

I had to change the time on w8.1 everytime i switch from mac to it

You can get an app that comes bundles inside Bootcamp called AppleTime.exe and an application to install other apps as services. It will autostart and correct the time difference for you when you reboot from OSX to Windows.

Get it here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Clocks-Time-Management/AppleTimeFix.shtml

tw, it seen that having conflict with VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip from Zprood file. when i switch to any profile like audible, trackpad mouse stop but if i press fn+f3 then trackpad mouse movement restore. before install profileswitcher the behavior was inverse if i turn on trackpad (fn+f3) then trackpad mouse stop.

about windows time, now it working fine. Thanks!

UPD: if i send it to sleep with trackpad on, when it wakeup then work well without turn on tp.

hi timewalker75a 

after florin9doi had succeeded  on unlocking UEFI on our notebook

there is some problem on os x using uefi to me

problems like

notebook hangs & freezes on this situations

1- trying to show hwsensor monitor application

2- disconnecting power cable

3- trying to elevate brightness or down it using brightness keys

4- freeze when shut downing 

this problems occurs after nearly 5 min from opening os x

had you faced problems like this before ? :)

Whenever I turn on the 14R, the audio does not work! Hibernate takes him back to the audio working! how to fix this?

Try compiling latest CodecCommander: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

This should solve most of your sound related problems.

hi timewalker75a 

after florin9doi had succeeded  on unlocking UEFI on our notebook

there is some problem on os x using uefi to me

problems like

notebook hangs & freezes on this situations

1- trying to show hwsensor monitor application

2- disconnecting power cable

3- trying to elevate brightness or down it using brightness keys

4- freeze when shut downing 

this problems occurs after nearly 5 min from opening os x

had you faced problems like this before ? :)

Well, we had some of these .. but not exactly as they happen for you.

1. probably happens when sensors are trying to be read from acpi (if you use acpi sensors) or when cpu registers are being read by cpu sensors. we never had this happen

2. this was causing a restart if there's no _PRW (power resources for wake) defined for ADP1. this happened, yeah

3. this happens because some parts of memory are being access that cannot be allocated in uefi memory map. we have this with wi-fi Fn+f2 .. no solution for now

4. freeze when shuting down requires SLPE fix. you need to write one to PMBase+30 in _PTS when shutdown (0x05) happens and it will solve the freeze.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have Vostro 3450 A13 custom BIOS  Intel i5. 
I'm trying to follow instructions, I'm stuck at step 2.2. 

2.2. You need a second flash drive as well as an access to a genuine Apple computer (or a VM) that is capable of accessing Mac AppStore in order to download the free Mavericks installation app. Then, using Lion Disk Maker application you have to make a bootable OSX drive. When that's done use UEFI Clover usb drive to boot your OSX medium (press Space in Clover, select Boot with Injected kexts) and partition your HDD in the DVD caddy as you desire, but make sure partition map is GPT. You can then install OSX to that target disk while you are at it. The installation process is usually 2 stage process and you will be required to perform the Space trick twice to finish the installation successfully.

I've created 2 USB drives:
1st flash drive with UEFI Clover 
2nd flash drive with bootable OSX drive.

When I press Space in Clover, select Boot with Injected kexts,
I cannot get to boot to OSX installation to partition the HDD.

Do I need to have HDD in the DVD caddy in order for this to work,
or could I use my main HDD to partition and install OSX?

I'd appreciate any advice. 

Hello,

I have Vostro 3450 A13 custom BIOS  Intel i5. 

I'm trying to follow instructions, I'm stuck at step 2.2. 

I've created 2 USB drives:

1st flash drive with UEFI Clover 

2nd flash drive with bootable OSX drive.

Do I need to have HDD in the DVD caddy in order for this to work,

or could I use my main HDD to partition and install OSX?

I'd appreciate any advice. 

What is exactly the problem that prevents you from booting into the installation from your secondary stick? I'm pretty sure the files posted in the guide have zero problems with injecting kexts (via FSInject), some clover revisions have had kext injection broken .. 2581 still had it broken. I'm not sure what is your *main* partition formatted as, OSX (non-patched installer) requires your HDD to be partitioned as GPT and file system has to be HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled).

Excuse the ignorance, but how do I do that? I already have this kext installed in the system!

Just get Xcode from AppStore, download zip from github and press Command+B, then Product - Build for - Profiling. Then on the left side select Products folder, press show in finder. you will be in debug folder, go back a directory and grab release kext from respective folder.

I suggest you to press Enter instead of Space, like that you can read any error that could be appear. it possible that you are getting the error "still waiting for root device" if it the case then switch bootable OSX drive to USB2 (the one on your left next to the SD Card reader)

Today is the day for an update as we are nearing to the release of 10.9.2 ...

1. Keyboard and Touchpad

- updated to 1.8.10 from RehabMan

- implemented parsing OEMVendor and OEMBoard from Clover (so you can define multiple platform profiles)

- default platform profile has been configured to match all inspiron and vostro revisions known to this guide

- touchpad problem fixed - no longer can be disabled by accidentally pressing print screen.

2. Battery

- updated to 1.52 from RehabMan

- thanks to his new adapter polling feature AC adapter is detected within seconds

- if your battery fails to calculate time remaining or percentage is stuck - this means you have recently rebooted from windows.. this is Mavericks bug

3. Audio 

- codec commander has been rewritten

- now it will re-enable EAPD even after you interrupt fugue-sleep state (when you press sleep and it sits doing nothing for 25 second)

- will produce *pop* at wake or fugue-wake to generate audio stream. 

- sometimes it will take time to re-enable

- if your headphones are not detected send the laptop to sleep from Apple menu and interrupt after 5 sec, headphones will work

3. Monitoring and fan control

725wv.png

- updated to 6.0.1106 (from 1067)

- now HWMonitor implements Profile Switching for ACPIProbe plugin - thanks to kozlek for coding it in

- switcher application will now start with HWMonitor

- ACPI table has been rewritten to include 3 basic profiles, same as the Windows application.

- audible profile will only work while connected to AC charger, if you wan't to remove this restriction remove If (LNotEqual (Local3, Zero)) check from SSDT

- you can set any profile as your default preferred profile by changing Name (ACTV, "Automatic") to the name of your desired profile. 

- you can have as many profiles as you want (assuming you can code fan behavior through ACPI) and the menu bar application will parse them for you.

Get it all: HERE

"AAPL,slot-name", 
                        Buffer (0x08)
                        {
                            "AirPort"
                        }, 
                        "device-id", 
                        Unicode ("*"), 
                        "device_type", 
                        Buffer (0x08)
                        {
                            "AirPort"
                        }, 
                        "model", 
                        Buffer (0x33)
                        {
                            "Atheros 9285 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"
                        }, 
                        "subsystem-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "subsystem-vendor-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "compatible", 
                        Buffer (0x0B)
                        {
                            "pci168c,2a"
                        }, 
                        "IOName", 
                        Buffer (0x0B)
                        {
                            "pci168c,2a"
                        }, 
                        "name", 
                        Buffer (0x0B)
                        {
                            "pci168c,2a"
                        } 

Here is not working, or else I'm not aware edit correctly! My id is 2a, as shown in the image.

3.tiff

What is exactly the problem that prevents you from booting into the installation from your secondary stick? 

I'm pretty sure the files posted in the guide have zero problems with injecting kexts (via FSInject), 
some clover revisions have had kext injection broken .. 2581 still had it broken. I'm not sure what is 
your *main* partition formatted as, OSX (non-patched installer) requires your HDD to be partitioned as GPT 
and file system has to be HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled).

Thanks for your reply! I've downloaded needed files from links on 1st post on this thread.
My "main" partition has been formatted to GPT and file system is HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled) I'm still unable to boot
to OSX installer.

I suggest you to press Enter instead of Space, like that you can read any error that could be appear. 

it possible that you are getting the error "still waiting for root device" if it the case then switch 
bootable OSX drive to USB2 (the one on your left next to the SD Card reader)

I've tried pressing ENTER instead of SPACE, still couldn't boot. Also I tried switching bootable OSX drive to USB2 still unable to boot.
Attached are the images from boot with messages while trying to boot..."still waiting for root device" Is there anything else I should be trying here.

boot_error_01.jpg

boot_error_02.jpg

boot_error_03.jpg

Try compiling latest CodecCommander: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

This should solve most of your sound related problems.

Well, we had some of these .. but not exactly as they happen for you.

1. probably happens when sensors are trying to be read from acpi (if you use acpi sensors) or when cpu registers are being read by cpu sensors. we never had this happen

2. this was causing a restart if there's no _PRW (power resources for wake) defined for ADP1. this happened, yeah

3. this happens because some parts of memory are being access that cannot be allocated in uefi memory map. we have this with wi-fi Fn+f2 .. no solution for now

4. freeze when shuting down requires SLPE fix. you need to write one to PMBase+30 in _PTS when shutdown (0x05) happens and it will solve the freeze.

about _PRW  my dsdt already have it on AC

about SLPE fix don't understand how to do that here is _PTS of my dsdt

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (Zero, P80D)
        P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
        PTS (Arg0)
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
        {
            If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
            {
                TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
            }
        }
        If (LOr (LOr (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg0, 0x04)), LEqual (
            Arg0, 0x05)))
        {
            If (LEqual (PFLV, FDTP))
            {
                Store (One, GP27)
            }
        }
    }

DSDT.aml.zip

Here is not working, or else I'm not aware edit correctly! My id is 2a, as shown in the image.

Your ID is 2a because Unicode ("*") based on ASCII table is 2a.

Your actual ID is probably 2b. You have to patch if to be 30, not 2a.. because 2a is present in two kexts at the same time and it results in Wi-Fi not working at all.

@Mohamed

If you have the _PRW edits then perhaps try another kext, RehabMan has recently implemented adapter polling and custom AC adapter ACPI device. So he is overriding Apple's AC Adapter. Maybe it will work for you better. 

In terms of _PTS edits - you need this:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {

OperationRegion (SLPR, SystemIO, 0x0430, 0x08)
        Field (SLPR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            ,   4, 
            SLPE,   1
        }

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE)
            Sleep (0x10)
        }
    }

Make sure it's at the end of the method.

• Like 1

Today is the day for an update as we are nearing to the release of 10.9.2 ...

Great! i installed and working fine, i notice that now the conflict of profileswitcher with VoodooPS2Controller is fixed. when i press fn+f3 trackpad mouse stop, i don't care about this function i never use it. it's just to let you know.

I'm working on fixing the brightness right now as the patched SNB framebuffer results in way too hight brightness at the lowest setting. I've implemented RehabMan's latest findings about AppleBacklight. It's working far better than with a patch for SNB FB... so I will be updating this soon. Right now lowest setting is about 3% from total panel brightness, while in Windows it's 6%.. with SNB FB patch it's about 25 to 30% so battery drains quickly. I've tested battery life today and with my 76% health battery it lasted about 3.5 hours playing a video with yourepeat.com at second to last brightness setting and bluetooth disabled. Also, backlight now won't turn off completely when last level is set. 

73kn5.png

Also @kozlek has pushed another update to remove the button for profile switching from menu bar and integrate it into HWMonitor.. now it looks like this:

73kdF.png

Also I'm thinking of fixing voodoops2 driver a tad bore, so that it would toggle the LED on touchpad when USB mouse is connected. Right now it just stops the cursor from moving, but LED stays off. 

Your ID is 2a because Unicode ("*") based on ASCII table is 2a.

Your actual ID is probably 2b. You have to patch if to be 30, not 2a.. because 2a is present in two kexts at the same time and it results in Wi-Fi not working at all.

@Mohamed

If you have the _PRW edits then perhaps try another kext, RehabMan has recently implemented adapter polling and custom AC adapter ACPI device. So he is overriding Apple's AC Adapter. Maybe it will work for you better. 

In terms of _PTS edits - you need this:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {

OperationRegion (SLPR, SystemIO, 0x0430, 0x08)
        Field (SLPR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            ,   4, 
            SLPE,   1
        }

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE)
            Sleep (0x10)
        }
    }

Make sure it's at the end of the method 

nearly  SLPE  fix fixes all problems till now ! 

can't test battery  as now it isn't functioning needs replacing 

about kexts i always use latest rev from rehabman github