[Guide] [Mavericks & Yosemite] AMD Radeon HD5450

Dr. Hurt

214 posts in this topic

Did you put your DSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder ? In your config.plist, did you set DSDT.aml (or whatever you named it) in the ACPI section ?

If so, you shouldn't need to check Inject ATI.

But if it's just for the install, you can still remove your DSDT from your USB Install media and check Inject ATI. Not sure if it'll work cause as stated above, I had troubles with Clover and HD 5450 injection and had to finaly edit kexts info.plist to make it works.

But guys, Chameleon is still alive !!! There's a perfectly working USB Install package with Chameleon in the InsanelyMac Yosemite's installation section http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-enoch-r2403/.

I'm using it for all my Hacks (AMD & nVidia) and I've got a bunch of them ;) !

It works perfect with non edited kexts (no QE/CI but who cares, it's just an install media) AND patched DSDTs  !

Infact I would love to use Chameleon as it was the one I was using for all these years. But, since there’s no way we could use Messages, FaceTime anymore with Chameleon  I got no other option but to switch to Clover.

Seems, as you say we cannot use HD5450 with clover without patching the kexts manually. What a bummer ! I’ll post my results when done.

Oh my, I don’t find our AMDRadeonX3000.kext in the Install media created by the chameleon yosemite installer tool you shared above. Has the kexts changed? 

The only AMD kexts available in 10.10 install media are,

AMD2400Controller.kext

AMD2600Controller.kext

AMD3800Controller.kext

AMD4600Controller.kext

AMD4800Controller.kext

AMD5000Controller.kext

AMD6000Controller.kext

AMD7000Controller.kext

AMD8000Controller.kext

AMD9000Controller.kext

AMDFramebuffer.kext

AMDSupport.kext

@polyzargone Which kexts did you edit in your setup ?

That's right, Chameleon still not works with FT & iMessages. I don't use those features so it's not a big issue for me. But I know the guys behind Chameleon are working hard to fix it and it seems there's some progress. So keep the faith, it'a matter of time :)

I was advising the USB Chameleon installer in case you had problems to boot the Yos installer with Clover and Radeon HD 5450 cause I'm almost sure that there's no problem (beside others setup considerations) to have success with it ;)

I was advising the USB Chameleon installer in case you had problems to boot the Yos installer with Clover and Radeon HD 5450 cause I'm almost sure that there's no problem (beside others setup considerations) to have success with it ;)

Great to know that chameleon team is working on Messages & FaceTime, thanks .Actually I had Yos installer to start with, just modified it to boot with clover a while back. Can you tell me whether AMDRadeonX3000.kext will be available only after installation and not on the USB install media ?

Yes indeed, there's no AMDRadeonX3000.kext in the install media. But don't worry, it'll be back when the Installation is done.

For the installation process, I did not patch any kext, I've just modified the /Extra/Extensions folder and org.chameleon.Boot.pliist to fit my setups needs. No more.

For post install, it's the old way, just edit info.plist for AMDRadeonX3000.kext & AMD5000Controller.kext. Repair, permissions, update cache with sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and that's it.

I don't have the same hardware. But you can try this device id out. I try it, it work for me on the desktop with Radeon 7870 and 7850.

I follow the guide on oralia website, search term is basic about Nvidia kext.

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=154

It was help me for the old dell xps 410. This one with chameleon bootloader the value of PciRoot=4, with clover the PciRoot=0. It help me to install Maverick on XPS 410 carry gtx9800+, with the newer card such the Kepler gtx660ti the value is differ than.

By the way, with the value from the line code from terminal, you can inject into config.plist or org.chameleon.boot.plist. Then load the system with stock kext, don't need to modify any kext.

It's easier ;)

First : BACKUP the kexts your are about to modify !!!

You should also make a copy on your desktop because the OS won't let you edit them "live" from S/L/E

Just right-click on AMD5000Controller.kext then Show Package content. Open info.plist with a text editor (PlistPro Editor is more appropriate). Look for IOKitPersonalities then IOPCIMatch then add your device ID. Yours is 68F9 so it translates into 0x068F91002

Look at the others device IDs to understand how it works. Save.

Do the same for AMDRadeonX3000.kext but this time, look for AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator in IOKitPersonalities. Again, add your device ID to IOPCIMatch. Save.

Use Kext Wizard to copy back those two kexts to S/L/E and check Make a backup.

Once done, open a terminal window and type : sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

You can also repair permissions on the whole disk using Disk Utility.

Reboot and enjoy. (No need for GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist)

Come on !

It's really easy ! Open Kext Wizard then choose Install in the tools bar. Drag n'drop the kexts, select /System/Library/Extensions as a destination and your HDD as the target, check Make backup then click the Install button at the right bottom of the window ;)

Wait, you're not trying to install info.plist do you ?

Once you modified info.plist, you just have to close the windows. It's the .kext file that must be installed with Kext Wizard.

Have a look at this example (it's in french but it's the same) :

post-1163891-0-48443600-1414409832_thumb.png

OK

Let's start over. Do all the steps I mentionned but save info.plist on the desktop. Then drag n'drop info.plist from your desktop to the Contents foder in the package of the kext. It will ask you admin password to overwrite the existing info.plist.

Do the same for the second kext.

Then select the two .kexts and drag n'drop on the Kext Wizard window, just like in the screenshot. Click install.