Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Suggest focus on Mavericks. Your config.plist is not default; try a native config.plist with with only the few essential settings. No need to duplicate kexts; use the 10.9 folder (other is empty). Screenshot above shows 10.10 and does not show any boot messages. Clover/Safe Mode and Without Cache is not working in 10.10. If you used either selection, only fix is to boot single user mode to rebuild permissions.

Got sound in Mavericks! :)

Now, how do I make it work in Yosemite as well?

Update:

I got Yosemite to boot again, from the HDD, by adding a 10.10 folder in Clover/kexts and copy-pasting the FakeSMC and realtekALC kexts into it (leaving the Other folder empty). Hehe. Now, let's get that sound working, shall we?

I attached the ioreg for Yosemite, for debugging purposes. I'm using Yosemite DP4, in case that makes any difference. If you want me to continue this discussion in another thread, just tell me, and we'll move it there. Mavericks now works and I thank you deeply for that. :)

Also, it might be just me, but I didn't use the boot flag kext-dev-mode=1 when booting Yosemite (I forgot about it honestly) and...apparently it works fine without it. :) Also, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I ever needed that flag. Sometimes it was there and everything was working just fine, others it wasn't and things were still working fine (assuming there are no other issues involved). So I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm the lucky one. Maybe I'm using a different FakeSMC than everyone else. I don't know. Thing is...with or without it, I don't remember it making any difference to me. :)

radu’s iMac.zip

Hi I'm having trouble getting audio to work using the Clover method, I can see the Intel High Definition Audio in the System Information, with all the relevant ports, however under Settings/Sound there are no output devices listed.

I'm experiencing the same problem here. No output devices are listed, although System Information seems to be displaying correct ports.

1. OSX version/motherboard model/Bios version/Processor/Graphics

OSX 10.9.4, Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel 3.2Ghz Core I5, ATI Radeon 280x

2. Procedure Used

Clover Patched Realtek ALC Installation (audio_cloverALC892-90_patch.command)

3. IOReg

Attached ioregexp.zip

4 Chameleon

Not Applicable

5 Clover

Attached debug.log.zip and config.plist.zip

Any help is much appreciated!

config.plist.zip

And another.

Although I can occasionally get audio working, by kextunloading AppleHDA kexts then reloading them, but it doesn't always stay working.  I initially had success with the ALC892 from the Beast that can't be named here.

This was all tried from a fresh install of 10.9 that was then updated to 10.9.4 using the combo updater before adding/changing any AppleHDA kexts.

1. OSX version/motherboard model/Bios version/Processor/Graphics

OS X 19.9.4, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3, Intel Core i7 3.6GHz, NVidia GeForce GT640

2. Procedure Used

Clover - Kernel and Kext Patches

Clover injected realtekALC.kext from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

post-240958-0-87536200-1406613866_thumb.png

Attached AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext.zip

3. IOReg

Attached ioregexp.zip

ioreg.zip

4 Chameleon

Not Applicable

5 Clover

Attached bdmesg.txt and config.plist.zip

bdmesg.txt

dmesg.txt

cloverconfig.plist.zip

I'm experiencing the same problem here. No output devices are listed, although System Information seems to be displaying correct ports.

OSX 10.9.4, Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel 3.2Ghz Core I5, ATI Radeon 280x

2. Procedure Used

Clover Patched Realtek ALC Installation (audio_cloverALC892-90_patch.command)

3. IOReg

Attached ioregexp.zip

4 Chameleon

Not Applicable

5 Clover

Any help is much appreciated!

You should uncheck InfoPlistPatch checkboxes in KernelAndKextPatches.

Also, in case you haven't already, you should put realtekALC.kext file into the CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder.

Also, try to set kext-dev-mode=1 in Boot section. Might help.

For both things I mentioned above, you can use Clover Configurator for easy to use editing of the config.plist file.

Also, when you're done, you might want to try rebuilding cache and repairing permissions. :) You can use Kext Wizard for that.

By the way, we're using the same codec, so I can guarantee you that this method works for sure since I've got my Mavericks and Yosemite both working with the same patch. :)

And another.

Although I can occasionally get audio working, by kextunloading AppleHDA kexts then reloading them, but it doesn't always stay working. I initially had success with the ALC892 from the Beast that can't be named here.

This was all tried from a fresh install of 10.9 that was then updated to 10.9.4 using the combo updater before adding/changing any AppleHDA kexts.

OS X 19.9.4, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3, Intel Core i7 3.6GHz, NVidia GeForce GT640

2. Procedure Used

Clover - Kernel and Kext Patches

Clover injected realtekALC.kext from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-07-29 at 4.03.48 pm.png

Attached AppleHDA.kext

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext.zip

3. IOReg

Attached ioregexp.zip

attachicon.gifioreg.zip

4 Chameleon

Not Applicable

5 Clover

Attached bdmesg.txt and config.plist.zip

attachicon.gifbdmesg.txt

attachicon.gifdmesg.txt

attachicon.gifcloverconfig.plist.zip

1. Try to add kext-dev-mode=1 in Boot section of config.plist. See if that makes any difference...

2. don't forget to put the realtekALC.kext into the CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder.

Same recommendation goes for you: rebuild caches and repair permissions.

You can use Kext Wizard for that. And keep your fingers crossed for the best. :)

Well now I feel like a right idiot.

Went back to a clean install and started again.

Sound is working with Clover doing AppleHDA.kext patching, injecting realtekALC.kext and the audio_cloverALC892-90_patch.command from Toleda's ALC892 github.

Compared clean install to install that was clean, and then had Migration Assistant move user files only, or so I thought, across.  It seems there was an old ALC885_892.kext lurking in there that ended up in /System/Library/Extensions.  Deleted that old monster and now I have sound again.

Thanks for all your hard work Toleda!

Hi all!

I have a problem  with my audio.

At 1st, i have no Codec ID for my Audio Card in DPCIManager. Only Audio Device and Sub Device. Only one string.

What did I try:

1. Clean install(AppleHDA is original)

2. Got my DSDT from tonymacx's storage

3. Patch it using this: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCinjection      ----  Here I used [Guide] Add or Edit HDEF-dsdt.pdf

4. Download bash script from: https://github.com/toleda/audio_pikeralphaALC 

5. Execute it and got my AppleHDA8Series 

6. Reboot

And now i got no any Output or Input device into Sound config.

MB - Gigabyte P55A-UD3 rev2 (892 Audio codec)

​I have chameleon installed from #####. I can't get rid of DSDT cause I got black screen w\o it.

Description of audio problem:

1. OS X version - 10.9.4/Gigabyte P55A-UD3 rev2/BIOS ver F11/CPU Intel Core i5 760/GPU NVidia GTS450
  2. Procedure/Guide Used - Described ^
  3. And everything's attached. DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, ioreg are here - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Zfx2wnTZEOY2s2NGFTZEV6X0U&usp=sharing 

Thank You in advance guys

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleHDA892.kext.zip

BootLog.rtf

i have no Codec ID for my Audio Card in DPCIManager. Only Audio Device and Sub Device. Only one string.

No codec.  Verify BIOS/HD Audio enabled.  No sound until OS X/DPCIManager sees a codec.  

3. IOReg

Attached ioregexp.zip

5 Clover

config is useless without the other files, no IOReg, dsdt, boot log, etc.

• Like 1

No codec.  Verify BIOS/HD Audio enabled.  No sound until OS X/DPCIManager sees a codec.  

config is useless without the other files, no IOReg, dsdt, boot log, etc.

oh dear. I thought how can I be such an idiot to disable Audio in BIOS... The problem is I didn't know that Azalia is audio codec :)

Now everything is perfectly fine!

Thank you much!

Does the newer 2.0 version also do something about loosing audio after wake? Still have to reload AppleHDA.kext after every wake to get sound again (and this is not 100% reliable, so a better solution is needed)

Does the newer 2.0 version also do something about loosing audio after wake? 

No.  The patch does not touch a line of code in the kext.  No audio after wake is a native kext problem; search Apple forums for confirmation. Some users have found the 10.9 and 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext do not have the problem.

• Like 1

Some users have found the 10.9 and 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext do not have the problem.

Yes, that's correct, already tried this. But I think this workaround will cease to work some time in the future (maybe starting with 10.10). Would be nice to have a permanent solution for this and I still wonder why this only seems to affect certain configs.

The solution would be to sign such kexts with a paid developer account or inject them with the bootloader, but that may not work with all kexts. And let's not get ahead of things, as for now even with the latest dev release the workaround introduced by Apple for unsigned kexts still works.

Would be nice to have a permanent solution for this and I still wonder why this only seems to affect certain configs.

Unlikely Apple will undo the wake "fixes" added to 10.9.2 AppleHDA.kext.  For those that experience the no audio after wake problem, the choices are digital audio or an alternate configuration that does not have the problem.  From the troubleshooting perspective, I have no experience with the problem as my systems always wake with audio.

Update:

v2.1 - 8/12/2014 - 9 Series/EAPD added to 887, 892, 898, 1150, credit: kidalive

• Like 1

or an alternate configuration that does not have the problem.

Yeah, but that is exactly what I am wondering about: what type of configuration actually causes this behavior (or prevents it)? I mean there seem to be people that do not have this problem, even with the same Audio chip (or even the same mobo!). So there seems to be something else that also comes into play here?

Any insights about this issue are greatly appreciated!

Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext

1. 887_v100202 and earlier
    1. Workaround: alternate Platforms.xml.zlib
  2. 888_v100202 and earlier
    1. Workaround: alternate Platforms.xml.zlib

Does anyone know the workaround for the 888_v100001?

I tried using the Platforms.xml.zlib from my working Lion AppleHDA.kext, but that didn't work.