Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Hello. Thanks a lot to all community and each user in it. I did it. I installed Clover and Mavericks. I installed sound also, but here is the problem:

I have RLT889, Audio ID = 1, I have 6 sound I/O ports on motherboard, I used cloverALC it works great, but in wrong ports.

I have this output devices in preferences:  Headphones (! Front Panel), Line Out 1(Blue port), Line Out 2(Orange port), Digital Out(SPDIF). 

But there are no Internal speakers and green port is not working for output!

I tested all ports and all of them working except GREEN.

I`m using dual boot with Windows, sound output is on green there and i don't want to go down under table every time i change OS. How to add internal speakers or how to make software sound transport from blue\orange port to green port? Mybe there are some mixing settings or patches? 

Also i found some HDA kext patches in config.plist, maybe they were installed with cloverALC, but maybe they were preconfigured i don't know what are they replacing. Here are they:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>t1-10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC889</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				iQjsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>t1-10.9/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				eG1sLnps
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				em1sLnps
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>

Hope you can help me. Thank you for any reply. 

there are no Internal speakers and green port is not working for output!

Front panel problem; headphone detect is set with or without headphone plugged in. To confirm, unplug front panel from motherboard. Internal speakers will appear upon restart and motherboard green will work (headphone mutes internal speakers).

Front panel problem; headphone detect is set with or without headphone plugged in. To confirm, unplug front panel from motherboard. Internal speakers will appear upon restart and motherboard green will work (headphone mutes internal speakers).

Great! It works! Thanks a lot, toleda! Now i got fully working hacintosh  :)

v1.6 - 6/4/2014 - 9 Series Realtek ALC onboard audio on Mavericks

AppleHDA.kext currently does not support 9 Series Intel High Definition Audio.  Patching the 8 series device_id enables 9 series Realtek ALC onboard audio on Mavericks,

Hex Edit: AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController binary

find:
20 8C
replace (4X):
A0 8C

Here are some possible solutions for the x99 motherboard but have not tried it. Maybe you can get someone for testing.

1. Find: 20 8C
  2. Replace (4x): 20 8D

OR

2. Replace (4x): 21 8D

EDIT: On another hackintosh forum that don't mentioned here. someonex86 had the same idea as me and one of the users of that forum confirmed that the first patch it worked.

After sleep there are no I\O devices in Sys. Pref. and no sound.

Documented, see Post #344.

v2.2 - 9/14/2014 - C610/X99 Realtek ALC onboard audio on Mavericks

AppleHDA.kext currently does not support C610/X99 Intel High Definition Audio.  Patching the 8 series device_id enables X99 Realtek ALC onboard audio on Mavericks,

Hex editor: AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController binary

find:

20 8C

replace (4X):

20 8D

• Like 2

Here are some possible solutions for the x99 motherboard but have not tried it. Maybe you can get someone for testing.

2. Replace (4x): 20 8D

OR

2. Replace (4x): 21 8D

EDIT: On another hackintosh forum that don't mentioned here. someonex86 had the same idea as me and one of the users of that forum confirmed that the first patch it worked.

Hmmm, well neither of those patches is working for me.  I have an ASUS X99 Deluxe /w ALC1150.

I ran the 10.9.4 ALC1150 patch from Toleda's repo, then did the manual edit.  I tried each edit (one at a time), then re-installed AppleHDA with permissions and cleared cache.

Perhaps I have something else wrong with my AppleHDA.  Attached is the AppleHDA and IOreg.

Archive.zip

I will re-install 10.9.4 to the drive, then patch using the 10.9.2 command, then bin patch?

Use audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command.zip; detects your codec, asks for your confirmation and makes all necessary edits to AppleHDA.kext. After a Software Update, run the script again to restore audio; no AppleHDA.kext installation needed.  

• Like 1

Okay, so after a bit of a delay I'm going ahead with my plans to build a hackintosh, but I have some questions about the Realtek ALC887 audio codec:

First of all, my motherboard and case gives me a total of two line outs, and two line ins; I have no plans to use a mini-jack connected microphone so I'm wondering, is this enough for 5.1 surround? i.e - can I reassign one of the line-ins as a line-out instead and use the three line-outs to connect 5.1 surround, or do I need three line-out ports to start with?

Secondly, I'm still a bit confused about the process for re-assigning ports with this audio driver. Could someone who's managed it please give a quick step-by-step summary of the process? As I say, I have a line out and a line-in on my motherboard, and another line out and line-in on the case (via an audio header); ideally I'd like to assign the motherboard line-in as centre/sub and the case line-out as rear left/right.

Lastly, I'm interested to know what kind of software control the driver has; in particular, is it fully supported by Audio MIDI Setup (i.e - can I set individual channel volumes)? If every channel is a fixed volume with only master volume control then I may have to consider other options.

I'm sorry but I can't decide which one should I use. If you could please give me a simple installer or a kext file, it would be  great. Oh and do you know how can I get ATI HD 5750 to fully work on 10.9.5?

No specs, no idea.  HDMI is plug and play on native hardware, not simple on non native hardware.

my motherboard and case gives me a total of two line outs, and two line ins

Motherboard?

No specs, no idea.  HDMI is plug and play on native hardware, not simple on non native hardware.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3L

BIOS: FI

Graphics: ATI HD5750

Sound: ALC888

please may I know how can I get HDMI audio to work

My motherboard/mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-Q87TN (Thin Mini-ITX socket 1150 board with Realtek ALC887 audio).

Major project, custom AppleHDA.kext required.  Start with Audio ID: 2/887; gives you green and black (Blue jack) on the back. Separate green front (headphones) from green rear, see (select View Raw to download), M-Realtek_ALC_AppleHDA_Customization.pdf.zip. Reconfigure green front to orange. The 5.1 configuration is:

Port/Function

Green Rear/Front Speakers (green)

Blue Rear/Side Speakers (black)

Green Front/Center-Sub (orange)

Pink Front/Mic in - no change

Each audio port is a stereo (2 channels), volume control changes both channels, balance allows volume control of each channel. Audio MIDI Setup allows volume control of each channel and the aggregation of audio devices (ex., 5.1)  

Alternatives are DP/HDMI audio or USB audio (ex., SoundBlaster Omni 5.1).

Use the 5 Series and AMD HDMI Audio Guides.  HD5750 HDMI audio framebuffer edits are likely the challenge. 

• Like 1

@Toleda

Thanks to you, I have been getting Audio on Mavericks until 10.9.4 with my Asus P6X58D-E motherboard with ALC889 Codec

I see that you have moved away from releasing 889.zip and instead released a universal script audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command.zip.

However there is a problem when I use this to patch my 10.9.5 AppleHDA. Please see the session info below when I run the script.

Can you please advice what I am doing wrong as the codec is recognised correctly but then says it is not supported and does not patch the kext. Thanks

bluto:~ gujal$ /Users/gujal/Downloads/audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_BRIX-NUC-90_v1 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_BRIX-NUC-90_v1 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command_v2.0.3
Confirm Realtek ALC889 (y/n): y
Audio ID: 889 is not supported, continue (y/n): 

it is not supported and does not patch the kext. Thanks

Audio ID: 889 is not supported, continue (y/n): 

The script checks IOReg and other parameters to ensure patched audio works on a reboot. 

The 889 codec is fine; the 889 Audio ID is not supported.  Audio ID: 1 is recommended and supported.   If you are using a dsdt, edit HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.  More information, see Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection.

Note: if you answer y, the script will patch.

I've read the tutorial of getting sound output from HDMI but I can't seem to understand. Could someone please make one for me... I'll be thankful to you.. I can give you any specs info you might require

BIOS: FI

Graphics: ATI HD5750

Sound: ALC888

Hello toleda

Great work !!!

I have alc887-vd codec I have tried your kext but no headphone and mic while using it then I thought to patch my kext by own but I got stuck ,no audio devices in system preference may be due to wrongly patching platform.zlib ?

I have some questions :-

-is there specific way to choose which layout Id.zlib and platform.zlib néed to patch

-audio devices are in system profiler depends on pin configuration

-Cad id I have seen in your pin configuration some are with 0 2 etc ,Mine is also 2 while using verbit ,but using way of master chief it comes 0 (how these effects in applehda )

Thank you

Best regards

tried your kext but no headphone and mic

Front panel audio problem is rarely a kext problem, likely, a hardware problem.  To troubleshoot, plug in headphones (front panel/green) and verify System Preferences/Sound/Output switches to headphones.  If no, front panel.

• Like 1