0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *63.5 GB    disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS USB                     63.2 GB    disk1s2

/dev/disk2

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *63.9 GB    disk2

1:               Windows_NTFS SD                      63.8 GB    disk2s1

bash-3.2# fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Enter 'help' for information

fdisk: 1> f 4

Partition 4 marked active.

fdisk:*1> write

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] y

Writing MBR at offset 0.

fdisk: 1> exit

bash-3.2# reboot

(surfaceosx)

I make 2 partition.

1st : for windows 40G

2nd : for OSX 216G

Then install OSX to 2nd partion.

After install clover, install windows8.1 to 1st partition ( Erase this partition when install windows8.1)

Will I need to make partition like this ?

1st : for OSX 216G

2nd : for windows 40G

Is this does not matter to this problem?

use a downloaded win8 pro image and follow the guide (on the surface1 guide there is no reference to recovery).

i never used the recovery so i cannot help

P.s.

do you have the surface pro or the surface pro 2?

btw write your hardware in the signature.

And please use the badges or we are going to get insane after a few more pages.

one of these:
 (surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)
  • Like 1

(surface osx)

Hi i need some help on making the flash drive with os x i have been trying to make a flash drive using MAVERICKS 10.9 GOLDEN MASTER 2. I followed the listed instructions i will type out what i did and if anyone can point out what i did wrong it would be greatly appreciated .

1) Partition my flash drive to a “GUID Partition Table” and format is set to “Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)”

2) Mount your OS X DMG and then used the command "open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg"  and mounted BaseSystem

3) Restore BaseSystem to USB next i copied over the "Packages" folder and then after copied over the mach_kernel to root of USB

4) Next copied the two kexts provided in the download with the mach_kernel

5) Run the Chameleon installation and choose my USB

6) Create "Extra" folder and also run Chameleon Wizard and save "SMBios" to "Extra" folder

7) Copied folder of essential software & kexts to USB

8) Next i installed Clover to the USB

9) When finish EFI doesnt pop up so i use the EFI mounter 

10) EFI shows up but is blank 

So what confuses me is this line "EFI PARTITION*/clover/kext/10.9/" but my EFI partition is blank.

EFI automatically pops up when i pick the option of "install for UEFI motherboards" in Clover Install.

Another question is the provided download "This Included Surfacepro kext and utilities pack" it comes with a folder "efi/clover" assuming you replace those files in your efi with these but his instruction was never mentioned......

In the end i have a blue screen that lets me pick options like clover bootloader but doesnt really function. I see the option of picking boot MAC OSX but screen turns black and nothing happens. 

I followed each step of the process and im still not getting OSX installed on my surface pro can anyone help thanks. 

Please, stop asking for Surface2 guides or files, they'll be added as soon as they will be "released", if you don't wanna wait try to install it by yourself, since there is a general guide on the main post ;)

@chinatownabc

you don't have to install chameleon, it isn't even referenced in the guide... :/

you have to install CLOVER to the efi partition!!

to do this tick efi installation and drivers under the installer

(Surface2osx)

The surface 2 files were removed and we are all wondering the progress anybody is having on them. This seems to be the best thread to post in for information and up to this point we all go here. Please continue to update us on progress and use this thread unless you have a better place to go.

(surface osx)

Hi Everyone. Thanks for very nice work!

I install win8.1 PRO with generic key,but I can't use my windows8.1 PRO ID.

I can't activate win8.1....

Now I already erase my recovery partition and I have no recovery image USB.

Do not know how to solve someone?

or

Can not upload the recovery image someone?

Thanks.

(surface osx)

Hi Everyone. Thanks for very nice work!

I install win8.1 PRO with generic key,but I can't use my windows8.1 PRO ID.

I can't activate win8.1....

Now I already erase my recovery partition and I have no recovery image USB.

Do not know how to solve someone?

or

Can not upload the recovery image someone?

Thanks.

You should give this a try, assuming that you can boot to OSX: Download DarwinDumper (google for it, get the latest version from the link on Github of BlackOSX)

Dump with it the ACPI tables and copy the slic.aml file to the Clover ACPI Windows folder.

Perhaps with this method your Win 8.1 Pro could be activated again, if it has been your default OS.

Have fun.

Hello everybody !

I've bought the Surface Pro 2, and it's amazing... Now I'm following the guides to install Maverick (Final, from the AppStore) on it, I think I've done everything correctly (Clover, mach_kernel from Installer.app, copied kexts to USB, and dsdt/ssdt to USB), including disabling secure boot on the Surface.

When booting on the installer, I have the "OSX boot screen" (Grey with the apple) for 2 secs then reboot. I've tried the "-x" boot option, it stays longer on the OSX Boot screen then reboot. I've also tried "-x -f -v": It shows "Loading drivers..........................+++++++" (Much more dots) then reboots.

Any idea :S ?

@fuyuwasugu

http://superuser.com/questions/463208/change-the-windows-8-product-key-after-installation

then activate via phone call ;)

@max13

There isn't still any file in the thread about the surface pro 2, for you guys i suggest to wait for SonicRat, that should upload files and update the guide.

But if you wanna try to install it you will need this haswell compatible kernel.

@JahStories: I understand but I don't get something. There is a guide, which means it should have worked once... So I tried to follow it "on the letter". Today, the guide doesn't mention that it wouldn't work because files are missing/broken/anything, that's why I was still trying. I'll let you know (if you're interested) about the has well kernel, thank you !

@JahStories

Thanks.

I try this method, but my windows ID is refused....

I got ID on my original surface's windows8.1....

Why? (My windows8.1 installer is other version ?? windows 8.1 Pro Build9600)

Can I get surface's recovery image ?

(surfacewin)

@fuyuwasugu.

I had a similar problems when i entered a different (non pro) windows 8 serial during the installation,

you have to repeat the installation and insert a correct pro serial,

i did it soo much time, it will work.

i don't know how to recover the installation partition btw. 

@JahStories: I understand but I don't get something. There is a guide, which means it should have worked once... So I tried to follow it "on the letter". Today, the guide doesn't mention that it wouldn't work because files are missing/broken/anything, that's why I was still trying. I'll let you know (if you're interested) about the has well kernel, thank you !

(surface2osx)

@Max13

Instead of getting confused about surface pro 2 installation, you should read the whole topic,

you'll see that there are many others users too that are waiting for the correct files cause there are several problems on getting it running correctly,

and you'll read that since there isn't a proper apple kernel for haswell processor you have to use a patched one (the one i provided should be right) 

or you'll have your issue:

Immediate reboot after clover bootloader partition select.

you'll also read that i can't help about the surfacepro2 because i've the first one.

there is another user, SonicRaT, that's working on it.

Then, you should understand that many of us didn't had any guide and worked hard to get thing working, so you should be glad to have any kind of help or installation steps.

:2cents:

@JahStories I feel like you misunderstood what I've wrote, if it offended you, I'm sorry but it was anything but a complain or an attack. Let me explain again please:

I've read the topic before writing, I knew that there was issues and that it didn't work with the provided files. But, as I said, if there is a guide, we can assume that it worked until "...". I'm glad that there is guides, patches and a community working on it, I have nothing to say on that, I was just exposing the reason why (even if it doesn't work now) I wanted to try, and why not helping by giving you feedbacks on SP2.

That said, I also wanted to point a "black-spot" concerning the guides, and it's the fact that the whole topic needs to be read to get the essential info: worked but not now, should wait. It's a forum, but my advice would be to summerize some info (about the non-working things) in the first post, like "This is not working, because ... We're on ...", like that at a first sight, we (visitors) would notice that you don't have a surface pro 2 and xxx isn't working, but this file (here haswell kernel) would work but ...", and we (visitors) would propose help.

So, I have a surface pro 2, I'm installing OSX thanks to your kernel, I'm about 10 min. Just tell me where it should fail, why and what can I provide or test for you to fix if you want me to try something.

i'll be glad to help ;)

Btw

if you read better every page you'll see no "black spots"

you'll see that we are using tags to identify the posts

People usually say thanks and then ask for infos.

I've read all of your 3 posts and you were always complaining about what isn't right or blackspotted in the guide.

Hackintosh isn't for everyone, isn't about installing an os, it's more like a debugging process.

don't expect help for every single step!

P.s.

i've added a BIG banner on the surface pro 2 installation so who got reading problems will see it. ;)

i'll be glad to help ;)

Goooood, that's the spirit  :P

People usually say thanks and then ask for infos.

I've read all of your 3 posts and you were always complaining about what isn't right or blackspotted in the guide.

Again, sorry for being misunderstood, impolite, rude or whatever, is wasn't the goal or anything like that. Thank you for these guides, I mean it... Unfortunately for me, I think I will be discredited for all my futur posts and asks for help, bad for me. Again, I'm trying to explain myself, I wasn't complaining about the guides, they're good and I'm already far enough thanks to you... Actually when I wrote "There is a guide, it should have worked once !", it wasn't like "Hey, don't play me, it was working so do you job !", it was more like "Guys, it worked somewhere, why did you removed these files if it wasn't a blocking bug ?"...

About the black-spots, it's not about the guides, but about the fact that the guides are in the first post, but the info about the "bugs" are in many posts, and I was more like a suggestion when I say that it should be summarized in the first post, it's a suggestion because I've read all the topics before saying that so I don't need it to be summarized, just a suggestion.

Please, if you've read my 3 posts, are you sure there is only complains and not a "Thank you" even once ?

Hackintosh isn't for everyone, isn't about installing an os, it's more like a debugging process.

don't expect help for every single step!

Ok... I'm a system developer but not a kernel hacker, I won't lie, I'm here to install a different OS on my surface but I see now that you don't have a surface pro 2... I'm also here to give help, it's a debugging process I agree, but alone, I won't be able to debug much. Thanks to M$, the surfaces seem to have pretty much the same hardware, if you give me enough information about the "bugs" and installation problems (and solutions like the kernel you gave me), I will be able to install OSX, spot the issues and provide you some traces about them in order to improve your guides... And why not, if I can fix or dev something, a patch or something like that, I'd be glad to fix and give it to you.

P.s.

i've added a BIG banner on the surface pro 2 installation so who got reading problems will see it. ;)

I've seen it, cool and thanks for that. Now, hoping the "clash" is over, do you want me to do something on my fresh OSX install ?