[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surface2osx)

i don't remember where i got the ssdt gen script but the version i've used didn't required any parameter.

to get help for clover press f1 it will show you which key to press to dump tables

to fix your is graphics don't use clover options at boot but instead download the clover configurator app

go to graphics and insert 0x0166000A and inject intel

and if you can't fix graphic you are stucked

switchresx and many other apps will not work

happy hacking

(surface2osx)

i don't remember where i got the ssdt gen script but the version i've used didn't required any parameter.

The one I found is: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/blob/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh

to get help for clover press f1 it will show you which key to press to dump tables

Ah yes, F* keys works when pressing FN key... Here is the DumpLog

to fix your is graphics don't use clover options at boot but instead download the clover configurator app

go to graphics and insert 0x0166000A and inject intel

Ah... Ok, got it. It's already checked and on "0x0166000A", maybe because my config.plist comes from a post in this topic (many posts after the SP2 guide), should I use a fresh one? Could it be a source of kernel panic ?

Thx

Edited by Max13

(surface2osx)

post the files in acpi/origin if u can....

if the ig platform is not working i really don't know how to help... :/

try sending a pm to SonicRat..

The link above (Dumplog) is a copy paste of my file. And I've edited my post to add my "config.plist".

Thx, I'll try to PM SonicRat.

(surface2osx)

Hello everybody !

Sorry for being dead, I had much work aside and late...

@JahStories: I've installed OSX Maverick on my Surface Pro 2 following the guides, including kexts, ACPI patches and config.plist:

The guide says: FakeSMC/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/ACPIBatteryManager/VoodooHDA

And I've found (Across SP1 files): ACPIBatteryManager/AppleHDADisabler/FakeSMC/genericusbxhci/VoodooHDA

First of all, I can't boot without "-x -f -v", I didn't check witch one allows me to boot. I can boot with "-v -x" but not "-v -f".

OTB:

- Type cover keyboard/trackpad are working

- Touching the screen makes the mouse go to the top left corner.

- No sound card detected

- Booting with clover usb key makes OSX mount it. Unplugging it to plug another FAT32 one and OSX refuses to mount it (Shown in diskutils)

- Spotlight seems to not be working. Nothing is found, but the files are present.

- Without activity, the SP2 is heating a lot more than on windows (On windows it seems not to heat much with normal internet activity)

--> I don't know if some of these issues are not caused by the "Safe mode", since I can't plug my other USB key, I can't replace kexts, HWSensors, touch drivers and HiDPI

--> I could achieve it by formatting my USB key as HFS.

On "-v -x" reboot:

- I tried to copy the kexts with finder, the system show me warnings about invalid kexts "The system extension ... wasn't properly installed and can't be used. Try to reinstall it or contact the vendor", and this with all the copied kexts + subkexts. I'll try to copy them with the recovery terminal.

Surface2osx

I tried your guide also and still get a kernel panic. It reboot after loading the extensions.

You only used the SP1 extensions instead the extensions mentioned in the guide ? I also tried to boot in safe mode.

(surface2osx)

i've took a quick look at your dsdt.aml with dsdt editor, it can't be compiled since there are some errors, i'm not a dsdt geek, just tried automated dsdtfixer with no luck... :(

you can try to ask help in dsdt section of the forum,

specifying to fix errors and add, if possible, even a fix for sound on haswell and to inject the ig platform id (if i remember correctly SonicRad added those fixes).

Goodluck

@macspike

the kernel panic is probably connected to the kernel issue, are you using the provided haswell mach kernel?

(surface2osx)

@yuwen

right now you can follow the guide using the provided mach kernel for surfacepro2

but still no graphics accelleration

no audio 

no wifi 

no sleep

timer issues

we are trying to find a way (i've opened a thread asking help for patching some files)

if you wanna contribute, you are welcome :D

Sorry I have been MIA... had some personal issues that unfortunately have caused a lot of problems. I'll upload an updated file later today that should resolve most of the issues. The only problem I have on occasion is a kernel panic with VoodooHDA that I can't seem to resolve easily.

• Like 2

I have a surface pro 2 and I followed the sets and I was able to install Mavericks but I can't seem to boot into the OS X. I try the common boot flags -v-x-f. Still nothing. I will try to post screenshot. But I have installed to a micro sd card the OS X. Is that a problem? Can it run from sd card?

(surface2osx)

Hi Everyone!  I am very new to this so please excuse the barrage of possibly stupid questions...! (questions in BLUE btw)

I recently spoiled myself pre-xmas and bought the new SP2 256GB. 2 days from getting it managed to get Mavericks running on it using the guide and some help via JahStories. (Many THX!  :thumbsup_anim:  ) Also SonicRat for the SP2 section!

So here is where I am at.  I followed the guide the usual way.  I used the kexts supplied in the first post.  I DID NOT USE THE DSDT/SSDT PATCHES! I used the patched mavericks haswell mach_kernel.

The only steps I took additional to the guide was to copy the modded haswell "mach kernel" from the flashdrive to the OSX root dir. (when doing the other cp -R commands to move kexts post installer in terminal)

If I don't do this I cannot get the machine to boot... even with -x-v or any combination (it seems, but I did try a load of things and could have missed something)

I then with the help of JahStories changed the injected GFX code from 0x0000000 to 0x1660009

When booting, I start Clover, change the code under injected GFX, then boot up normally or (sometimes without caches/ -v so I can see a bit more)

I get to the desktop, there is no sound or wifi as expected at the moment. The Injected code makes the installation see the injected GFX card as generic with 7mb memory.

Is there any way to change how much memory the injected gfx card has, or would this involve kernel/DSDT/SSDT patches? or something done from clover?

The main problem however, is that I cannot install clover onto this OSX volume.  It starts installing and fails halfway through. a normal install works, but I need the UEFI loader right?  It seems to fail when trying to create/mount the EFI partition.  (Could this be because of permission issues, or because there is already a disk01s and Disk02s as partitions for the Win 8.1 install (untouched, just resized)

So yeah, other issue that I am having is not being able to install my USB 3.0 Network card.  (The driver is 10.9 ready).  Which makes things even more frustrating..

And I am able to install other things such as NTFS drivers (to write to NTFS - Paragon drivers) So it is not a generic installer panic before you go down that line... :)

If anyone is willing to shed some light... it would be much appreciated.  Also, If anyone wants me to test/dump/log something, let me know and I will try my best! :)

Thanks in advance to all the people that help sharpen the bleeding edge of this technological sword! :thumbsup_anim:  

(surface2osx)

try to mount the efi partition with efi mounter, or via terminal prior of clover installation,

it's just a supposition but maybe it will work.

good luck 

change

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /efi

• Like 1

thx for hint i've updated clover

btw

i'm pretty much sure that the problem is that you are using a resized by winz partition,

i suggest you to format the whole drive within the osx installer,

you'll have even more space without windows crappy restore partition

(remember to save your activation key).

• Like 1

(surface2osx)

Hi Everyone!  I am very new to this so please excuse the barrage of possibly stupid questions...! (questions in BLUE btw)

I recently spoiled myself pre-xmas and bought the new SP2 256GB. 2 days from getting it managed to get Mavericks running on it using the guide and some help via JahStories. (Many THX!  :thumbsup_anim:  ) Also SonicRat for the SP2 section!

So here is where I am at.  I followed the guide the usual way.  I used the kexts supplied in the first post.  I DID NOT USE THE DSDT/SSDT PATCHES! I used the patched mavericks haswell mach_kernel.

The only steps I took additional to the guide was to copy the modded haswell "mach kernel" from the flashdrive to the OSX root dir. (when doing the other cp -R commands to move kexts post installer in terminal)

If I don't do this I cannot get the machine to boot... even with -x-v or any combination (it seems, but I did try a load of things and could have missed something)

I then with the help of JahStories changed the injected GFX code from 0x0000000 to 0x1660009

When booting, I start Clover, change the code under injected GFX, then boot up normally or (sometimes without caches/ -v so I can see a bit more)

I get to the desktop, there is no sound or wifi as expected at the moment. The Injected code makes the installation see the injected GFX card as generic with 7mb memory.

Is there any way to change how much memory the injected gfx card has, or would this involve kernel/DSDT/SSDT patches? or something done from clover?

The main problem however, is that I cannot install clover onto this OSX volume.  It starts installing and fails halfway through. a normal install works, but I need the UEFI loader right?  It seems to fail when trying to create/mount the EFI partition.  (Could this be because of permission issues, or because there is already a disk01s and Disk02s as partitions for the Win 8.1 install (untouched, just resized)

So yeah, other issue that I am having is not being able to install my USB 3.0 Network card.  (The driver is 10.9 ready).  Which makes things even more frustrating..

And I am able to install other things such as NTFS drivers (to write to NTFS - Paragon drivers) So it is not a generic installer panic before you go down that line... :)

If anyone is willing to shed some light... it would be much appreciated.  Also, If anyone wants me to test/dump/log something, let me know and I will try my best! :)

Thanks in advance to all the people that help sharpen the bleeding edge of this technological sword! :thumbsup_anim:  

Which config.plist did you use ?

@Macspike: The one supplied with the SP1 tutorial...  (Thanks, I forgot to add that).

@Jahstories - I am reluctant to delete my working win partition off the device, as I need that more than a semi working OSX install... :)

When I get time/bored I will try that though, I I suspect it is exactly as you say, something to do with the existing recovery partition(s)...

(surface2osx)

installing windows, after the osx installation, via usb pendrive is an easy 10 minutes job, even easier than using the restore partition, you just have to reinstall your apps and data. ;)

So just format whole drive when installing OS X and the create a new partition after install and do a install or recovery from a USB that has the Windows recovery to that drive?

(SURFACE OS X) The picture below is taken from @JahStories since i ran into the same issue i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue thanks. 

Issue is that when booting i cant get to the desktop so i choose safe mode however i get stuck with this message saying im missing the bluetooth transport. 2ltol02.jpg

(surface2osx)

Hello all,

Managed to get Mavericks working virtualized via VMWare Player on my SP2 -- no fuss really. 

Works great (except no QE/CI).

A great alternative for folks who don't want to mess about with their SP2!  ^_^

By the way, don't waste your time with VirtualBox. I spent a day+ trying to get both ML and Mavericks to setup, it just wouldn't work/boot...