[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surface2osx)

Thanks for all the help and knowledge provided by everybody in this forum! Having done a few hackintosh builds this one seems to be the hardest for me. Is it possible anybody can help me with the install? Keep on getting to the clover boot screen and the screen goes black whenever clicking on the Mavericks installer. Have tried booting in verbose mode and safe mode neither go anywhere! Here are the prompts when the installer is launching. Have to do this dual boot install and enjoy the challenge please help! One thing I can't seem to do is get rid of the graphics Ktext's pretty sure I did by deleting them in the EFI partition but when in the System/Installation/Packages folder many more are inside. Do those have to go also?

post-1238847-0-32584800-1384429164_thumb.jpg

post-1238847-0-07495900-1384429169_thumb.jpg

post-1238847-0-27433100-1384429174_thumb.jpg

Hi Notorious, 

i suggest you to wait for the SonicRat's updated surface 2 steps, because without it you won't have the needed files and dsdt... (and i cannot help on the surface 2 issues since i i've the first one).

btw if you have not followed the vanilla installation guide to make the usb pen drive, follow that and try again. ;)

btw use injected kext no caches on boot.

(surfacepro2osx)

Okay thanks for the help anyway. Anxiously awaiting the new guide on surface pro 2 and going to continue trying the install. The vanilla install of pen drive works because clover comes up properly and can see the OSX Mavericks image but no installation starts after clicking on the image.

(Surface2osx)

The original kernel was replaced with the Mach_Kernel from the link provided on the first page. Below is a picture of the new kernel in the root folder, hopefully in the right place. The DDST settings were changed in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder to the newest found in this thread. Do you know how to load the installer from here and thanks so much for the help so far.

post-1238847-0-26759000-1384438476_thumb.png

That should be right then. I did notice that your clover doesn't appear to be loading OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Check the EFI/CLOVER/driversuefi64/ folder and make sure that is there. There should also be the hfs driver too.

EDIT: Oh, don't use the DSDT found here! That's for the Surface Pro 1 only! I meant the DSDT patches found in config.plist for clover. However, check that you have the appropriate clover drivers first.

(Surface2osx)

Well the install finished and can see the space taken up on the new drive created. When going into clover the new partition for Mac OSX is on the list of selectable drives, but still getting the screen from earlier when clicking on the OSX comes up black like loading and shoots me back to the surface screen loading into windows 8.1. This was done multiple times in verbose mode, safe mode and without caches and with injected kexts. If you can help me from here please. A new guide would be awesome for this, although feel like this is pretty close to functioning so helping other people is possible.

Surface Pro 2: Installation Guide

• Follow this guide to create a bootable USB Mavericks: Mavericks Vanilla installation
  • NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL CHAMELEON
  • Download and install Clover (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/)
    • Select Custom Install
      • Select UEFI Install
      • Select OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi under Drivers
  • Copy the included mach_kernel to the root of the USB device
  • Copy the included kexts to USB:/System/Library/Extensions
  • Copy the included ACPI patches to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  • Copy the included config.plist to EFI/CLOVER/
  • If you wish to repartition your drive, skip the following steps:
    • Start Windows 8.1
    • Go to the desktop, right click on the "Start" button, and open Disk Management
    • Select the C:\ partition, right click, and go to "Shrink Volume"
    • Enter the new size for the volume and click OK
    • Afterwards, right click on the empty space and select format
    • Format the new partition as NTFS
  • Shutdown the device, then power on holding the volume down key with the USB stick installed
  • Open Disk Utility once the installer has come up
    • Locate the newly created NTFS partition and select "erase"
    • Change the file system to HFS+ (MacOS Extended Journaled)
    • Exit Disk Utility
  • Install Mavericks
  • Prior to restarting, open Terminal
    • Copy the required kexts to /S/L/E:
    • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
    • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
    • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
    • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • Reboot back into Clover (you will need to hold the volume button again)
  • Select the newly installed Mavericks drive and boot

Post-Install Steps:

11/15/13: v1.0 files removed due to DSDT/SSDT issues.

• Like 2