[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

This is just not working for me. When doing everything in the guide and using the new files the install goes much smoother now, everything seems to be in the right folders, opened up terminal after the install put in the kexts to /S/L/E. After trying this in normal, verbose and without caches and with injected kexts this goes to the same black screen in the picture earlier after clicking on mavericks. What can i do to give you any information on this process for help?

Surface2

This is just not working for me. When doing everything in the guide and using the new files the install goes much smoother now, everything seems to be in the right folders, opened up terminal after the install put in the kexts to /S/L/E. After trying this in normal, verbose and without caches and with injected kexts this goes to the same black screen in the picture earlier after clicking on mavericks. What can i do to give you any information on this process for help?

Surface2

I have the same problem ...

Install goes fine. But after loading the extensions , the surface reboot again and in my case windows boots up.

May be an issue with VoodooHD. I noticed my install started having problems with VoodooHD causing KP/reboots. I've been "rebuilding" the DSDT/SSDT edits from scratch on a fresh install because mine became so messed up. I'll try to update the files later today.

• Like 1

Guys, let's keep using the badges please, lets keep the thread organized  :2cents:

i've edited the main post, added the link and a copy of the surface 2 guide.

(surfaceosx)

i'm trying the dsdt but it seems effectless, maybe it's not loading correctly... i'm trying understand it... :)

ok, it seems that the dsdt is loading but issues on sleep are the same,

exactly, after i click sleep the screen go black with backlit for a minute

then the backlit shuts down...

and it seems sleeping

but when i try to awake the machine i've a black screen with backlit off

but i can hear the bong sound if i press the volume keys

maybe it's because you are injecting your graphics via ssdt instead of using id platform ?

I'm not sure why Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 aren't just two distinct threads. Every other machine in this forum has a different thread for a different model in the same line with hardware differences, why not for Surface? I just see people getting confused all the time (even with the tags) between Pro and Pro 2... But at the very least, yes, we should all use the tags. :)

Hi neurack,  :)

As you may have seen in other cases many threads contains guide for every machine, for example the asus n53 thread is similar and valid for all n53jl n53** models,

and in this particular case the differences are minimal (same bluetooth, same wifi, same touch panel etc...)

so i think that a badged topic is better for readers.  ;)

and i don't think that adding a tag takes so much time  B)

(Surfaceosx)

hi folks,

i've tried adding various fixes to my dsdt to enable screen brightness control and or sleep

but none of them worked...

@SonicRaT

can you please share witch patches you applied to your dsdt to make it work?

hi folks,

i've tried adding various fixes to my dsdt to enable screen brightness control and or sleep

but none of them worked...

@SonicRaT

can you please share witch patches you applied to your dsdt to make it work?

I don't use any particular "patches" per se, I simply go through it and patch stuff as I come across it. In your situation, there's no call to the GFX0 from any of the WAK routines, so I was trying to "force" the backlight to a specific value after waking. However, it seems this doesn't work since the card itself isn't being turned back on.

androsurface

​Hi all, there is a modified version of android IA (By intel, thus it is android 4.2), which can be installed on surface pro, that supports wifi. :)

​I've tested this `ROM` as a live system, but haven't installed it yet. From the live android, wifi works, perhaps bluetooth works too (I forgot to test), rotate works (someone said it would only work on android if you install it... ). Ah, there's one big problem with this live system, that the power button can lock screen only, no poweroff menu...

​It is not made by me, hence I don't know what . If someone like to take a try, or find something interests in it, please let me know. The download link will be added later. (The original link is broken, so I have to upload it, be patient. :)  )

Hey, new member here (i signed up just so I could join the discussion relating to this :D).  Firstly, thanks guys for the hard work put into getting OS X running smoothly on the Surface Pro.  I've been on the fence for a while about getting one, and after finding that migrating to Windows would be too difficult with the lack of quality software, knowing I can get Mac OS X running on it with only a few lingering issues is just awesome.

I also signed up because I have a suggestion for all those using 10.9 Mavericks.  I was thinking about how you could recreate something like the ArtDock (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/microsoft/55516-new-artdock-surface-pro.html) to enable usage of creative apps like Photoshop, ZBrush, and others without requiring a keyboard, and after some looking, 10.9 technically gives you the ability to do this for any application using a new tool that went under the radar, called Switch Control.

You can find it under System Preferences > Accessibility, and it allows you to create on-screen panels of functions which can change depending on the app you're using.  Although designed for severely disabled people to use the computer with as little as one button, I figured this actually opens the door for a lot of creative apps, as you can arrange button layouts and assign specific keybinds to them, like Spacebar (typically used for panning in apps like Pixelmator and Photoshop) onto a Switch Panel, eliminating the need for a keyboard to be attached on such creative apps.  You could also create your own keyboards that are more ergonomic than the default one, allowing you to touch type using your thumbs for example.  The Switch editor allows you to also activate AppleScript, open apps, use a box as a typing suggestion area, and more.  

As it's not specifically designed to be used as touch, and defaults to cycling between buttons that you select using the one button, you have to do a few things to kill its functionality as purely for Disabilities. Under the Switches tab, change the default 'Select Item' keybind to something obscure and complex you'll never use (I use CMD+CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+ESC), so you don't lose the ability to type with an actual keyboard if you wish, as it defaults to the Space Bar.  You also need to add a new switch for moving to the next item, so you can turn off Auto Scanning at the bottom of the page, which stops it from highlighting and cycling through buttons on each panel, and just leaves you just with the on-screen buttons.

Here's a picture with a small demo i made to illustrate its potential: 

F4J579G.jpg

The opacity of the buttons, as well as the scale of the Switch Control UI can be changed by pressing the settings cog at the top of the window.  Switch Control also remembers the, scale and opacity of a panel, and if you dock it using the Docking function in the home menu, the panel will retain it's position.  You can also use custom images for inside of the button, so you could for example use the actual symbols to these keybinds above, or an app icon for a button that switches application.

I'd love to see how well it works with the touch drivers.  Can anyone try this out and see how well it works? ;D

I install windows8.1 and repartation for OSX.

After install OSX and clover, When power on,surface boot windows.

When I want to boot OSX, I need Pendrive for boot every time?

(Power on & Volume down key without Pendrive, Surface boot windows8.1 every time...)

From the guide.

Install clover then

verify which is the system partition, the one where you installed osx. (stand to the number of the disk ex. disk0s2, ** stands to partition n° ex. disk0s2)

then type:

• fdisk -e /dev/rdisk*​​​
  • write
  • y
  • exit
  • reboot

@SpeedRaT

Gasp what a mistake XD crazy

this is the correct one :')

P.s.

i've seen that the power saving menu is not showing the plugged or unplugged panels, there is just one.

@Litux

so i'm not the only one interested in AndroidX86 in here :) nice.

it's great to hear that there is a "rom" supporting such features!!! since the problem with wifi right now should appear to be a kernel issue, maybe we can take just the kernel and use it on the latest version, if it is compatible.

This is a links to the thread on the AndroidX86 discussion board.

Dump.zip

(surfaceosx)

@jah

Please tell me my idiot question.

After install Win8.1, 

I boot clover with USB installer,boot 10.9 (surface HD installed).

then type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk*​​​
f **

But "deny access"...

And I boot 10.9 installer (install USB),

the type
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk*​​​
f **

cannot find MBR...

What do I have wrong?

And one more...
I buy TB-driver, and install this driver.
But Cursor and stylus is deviated.
(Touch with finger is very good.)
UPDD calibration, I can't touch calibration point with stylus. only my finger.
Does this problem is solvable?