[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Just a little off-topic to say

:yoji:Marry Christmas :yoji:

to everyone in the forum, to those who are following, helping, supporting and "debugging" on their Surfaces.

:gathering:  hope you enjoy it and have a good times with friend and family   :gathering:

:offtopic: 

(SurfaceOSX)

Pen Support:

right now, the final drivers touch base provides can't calibrate and/or take control of the pen, i've tested a version (the one you see in the you tube video) which worked with pen and partial pressure support too.

i'll post a fix as soon as touch base support answers my last email.

• Like 2

to everyone in the forum, to those who are following, helping, supporting and "debugging" on their Surfaces.

:gathering:  hope you enjoy it and have a good times with friend and family   :gathering:

(SurfaceOSX)

Pen Support:

right now, the final drivers touch base provides can't calibrate and/or take control of the pen, i've tested a version (the one you see in the you tube video) which worked with pen and partial pressure support too.

(SurfaceOSX)

Pen Support:

I think the problem with the pen could be that in the .kext in info.plist the product id is 1946 when it is actually showing up on my system as 1948. This would be one reason why it is not working but I'm not exactly sure!

(SurfaceOSX)

first time hackingtosh user, long time mac user

i bought a surface pro 128G specially for hackintosh. i have read through all relies in the post, but it seems i still have problem even start mac osx from pendrive

​after i boot from pen drive and select "Boot Mac OS X from OS X Base System", i meet following panic information

"Unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI". \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.1.72/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpertt.cpp: 1541"

i'm using the latest clover ver (v2k_r2403) to generate EFI on pen drive, also copied all required kext, config.plist & patched acpi files to correct place from main post downloading

thanks for help

(SurfaceOSX)

first time hackingtosh user, long time mac user

i bought a surface pro 128G specially for hackintosh. i have read through all relies in the post, but it seems i still have problem even start mac osx from pendrive

​after i boot from pen drive and select "Boot Mac OS X from OS X Base System", i meet following panic information

"Unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI". \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.1.72/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpertt.cpp: 1541"

i'm using the latest clover ver (v2k_r2403) to generate EFI on pen drive, also copied all required kext, config.plist & patched acpi files to correct place from main post downloading

thanks for help

I had the same problem, I reinstalled clover to the pen drive making sure I chose the correct EFI drivers, I replaced the kext's and acpi files and it worked for me, but good luck! Runs great!

I had the same problem, I reinstalled clover to the pen drive making sure I chose the correct EFI drivers, I replaced the kext's and acpi files and it worked for me, but good luck! Runs great!

(SurfaceOSX)

thanks. here's my EFI driver selections -- can u see if it's correct?

post-1274097-0-63055600-1388164948_thumb.png

try mbr :D

and are you using the usbxhci kext?

it could be mandatory!

I think the problem with the pen could be that in the .kext in info.plist the product id is 1946 when it is actually showing up on my system as 1948. This would be one reason why it is not working but I'm not exactly sure!

since the driver is commercial and made for the surface pro it should work ootb, modifying the plists, may break the license and end the shareware period.

try mbr :D

and are you using the usbxhci kext?

it could be mandatory!

(SurfaceOSX)

you are not kidding me, right?  :w00t: 

as far as usbxhci, i'm confused -- i just copy your 5 .kext files; there's NO usbxhci

since i'm newbie for hackintosh, might need more clear guide :( 

just use the kext and use kexthelper to install it

(SurfaceOSX)

so u mean instead of copy files, i should use kexthelper to install these kexts to pen drive? -- i try some kext install program, it seems it always install to my mac computer instead of pen drive

@rfic

use kexthelper.

(SurfaceOSX)

after i use kexthelper to install kexts to USB, and use clover v2k r2165 (instead of latest ver), i can install OSX successfully

then i use

• cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"osx partition on hard drive"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • same for all other 4 kexts from 1st post download
@JahStories, in ur guide, u says cp -R to "pendrive", but i think it should be "osx partition on hard drive", right? also shall i copy all 5 kexts instead of 2 u mention in guide?

however, i meet same issue as others when i try to re-boot with installed OSX on hard drive; even i try safe mode, i still have the issue of "missing bluetooth controller transport"

anyone had this issue fixed can give some advice?

thanks

================

I don't know what's difference: originally I didn't gave specific name to partition; now I rename the partition to "Mac OS" and "windows". And I redo osx installation, and cp -R those 2 kexts in 1st post, everything is smooth , now I can boot into it and install clover on hard drive

Next step is to install windows 8

now i'm at windows 8 installation. but i have a new issue: it seems NOT allow me to install windows 8 on the partition i created for windows

the information is "the selected disk has MBR partition table. On EFI system, windows can only installed to GPT disks"

i'm quite confused since i thought when i use clover to format hard drive, i did use GPT instead of MBR

anyone can help?

thanks

post-1274097-0-17082300-1388296393_thumb.jpg

@rfic

(SurfaceOSX)

You can't format the drive with clover, you are running on MBR, format the whole drive to GUID with disk utility during osx installation.

and there isn't any bluetooth transport issue, you just have to read every post. (press space under clover select graphics and change 0x0000000 to 0x1660009).

thats it.

this is needed just to boot, because at first boot you still don't have placed all the files of the pack to the hard drive.

after a successful boot copy the files contained in the efi folder of the pack to the efi partition of the new osx partition, then you'll not need to change that string anymore.

cause the config.plist have a code (ig-platform-id) that fully activate graphic acceleration.

(surfaceosx)

Thank you. This is my terminal log.

Something wrong on my install process ?

Last login: Wed Nov 20 15:44:04 on ttys000

surface:~ surface$ sudo -s

Password:

bash-3.2# diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s2

3:       Microsoft Basic Data                         40.0 GB    disk0s3

4:                  Apple_HFS OSX                     215.6 GB   disk0s4

/dev/disk1

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *63.5 GB    disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS USB                     63.2 GB    disk1s2

/dev/disk2

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *63.9 GB    disk2

1:               Windows_NTFS SD                      63.8 GB    disk2s1

bash-3.2# fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Enter 'help' for information

fdisk: 1> f 4

Partition 4 marked active.

fdisk:*1> write

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] y

Writing MBR at offset 0.

fdisk: 1> exit

bash-3.2# reboot

[surfaceproosx]

I have same issue when I try to use fdisk; styrian mentioned using "sudo -s", but give me command not find error. Have you guys solved this?

Thanks

you have to check the device chipset, and search for a driver...

i'm using an "invisible" usb rt73 usb branded edup and drivers supports 10.9 

;)

or just search mac compatible one ;)

(SurfaceOSX)

hi, jahStories

i bought a EP-N8531, which is said to compatible with  mac osx 10.9. but after i install its driver,no device found

do i need to some kext stuff? or just install it like on real mac?

thanks